• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm honestly shocked by the pettiness of insisting on correcting this
It's not like it's an earth-shattering hint or anything.
Exactly lol, like sure it does deserve correction but considering the poster always jumps at the moment to act petty and snarky about pokegirls in general, the posts definitely reek of petiness to me

It's honestly childish, they are just fictional 10 years old, the vitroil some of them get at times just because they are in imaginary fandom conflict with another character is so irritating

Srsddf4781

Exactly lol, like sure it does deserve correction but considering the poster always jumps at the moment to act petty and snarky about pokegirls in general, the posts definitely reek of petiness to me

It's honestly childish, they are just fictional 10 years old, the vitroil some of them get at times just because they are in imaginary fandom conflict with another character is so irritating
Not to get off topic, but you’re right. The fans that simply want to enjoy themselves are living in some really crazy times right now. I was just minding my own business yesterday, reminding a user that was asking about this ship, (pokeshipping) that they can freely discuss the topic on r/aaml, and several people attacked us for not supporting their ship. Anti- shippers and shipping warriors are going off the rails it seems now that the anime is over. All because they want to push their interpretation. This happened twice. I was eventually forced to report them to r/pokemonanime ‘s moderators for refusing to leave us alone. If only everyone would just try to respect each other’s opinions.

Ashmisty

Not to get off topic, but you’re right. The fans that simply want to enjoy themselves are living in some really crazy times right now. I was just minding my own business yesterday, reminding a user that was asking about this ship, (pokeshipping) that they can freely discuss the topic on r/aaml, and several people attacked us for not supporting their ship. Anti- shippers and shipping warriors are going off the rails it seems now that the anime is over. All because they want to push their interpretation. This happened twice. I was eventually forced to report them to r/pokemonanime ‘s moderators for refusing to leave us alone. If only everyone would just try to respect each other’s opinions.
IKR. Internet would be a much better place if people just learn to respect each other’s opinions. This site has good moderation though, and most of the people comply with the rules and generally are okay with difference of opinions. Having said that, shipping wars are inevitable, too many morons are there on the web, who don’t know how to talk decently with strangers. Shippings are done for fun, it goes with “ your ship is as valid as mine”, while there’s room for debate like always, once people start becoming obsessed, and in turn quite nasty with others, then things go south. But it’s good in a way that the writers didn’t make any ship canon, that’s a big f*ck you to all the shippers tbh xD. At least all of us can now interpret things in our own way. Talking about that, I do believe they somehow were more in favour of Pokeshipping from the start, too many hints are there to ignore, references also work. Ash only ever romantically reciprocated to Misty and I am glad for that ❤️. They gave a shoutout to the OS fans through the second episode, where both of these kids behaved like they did all those years ago, that episode was full of hints. Misty catching him in her lure still gotta be my most favourite one though.

Srsddf4781

IKR. Internet would be a much better place if people just learn to respect each other’s opinions. This site has good moderation though, and most of the people comply with the rules and generally are okay with difference of opinions. Having said that, shipping wars are inevitable, too many morons are there on the web, who don’t know how to talk decently with strangers. Shippings are done for fun, it goes with “ your ship is as valid as mine”, while there’s room for debate like always, once people start becoming obsessed, and in turn quite nasty with others, then things go south. But it’s good in a way that the writers didn’t make any ship canon, that’s a big f*ck you to all the shippers tbh xD. At least all of us can now interpret things in our own way. Talking about that, I do believe they somehow were more in favour of Pokeshipping from the start, too many hints are there to ignore, references also work. Ash only ever romantically reciprocated to Misty and I am glad for that ❤️. They gave a shoutout to the OS fans through the second episode, where both of these kids behaved like they did all those years ago, that episode was full of hints. Misty catching him in her lure still gotta be my most favourite one though.
Well, as I said before, I’m just glad we got a confirmation of Kasumi’s feelings in 2005. We’re one of two Sato- traveling companion ships that were given that; so I think we should be grateful. I’m also hopeful that the English dub does not leave out any scenes or change the episode in any manner. As for now, the name has been changed to ‘Toying With Your ‘Motions.’

Last edited:

Ashmisty

You know I have often wondered if Ash ever got to know that Misty was the one who saved him in Pokémon the movie, when he was about to get drowned and could have died since he was unconscious! It bugged me a little that he didn’t even acknowledge the fact that she saved his a**! I know he was too preoccupied at that time to thank her and possibly didn’t even know as he was unconscious throughout but a part of me wished some acknowledgment from his side, like later Tracey letting him know and him thanking Misty! I know there’s no thankyou between friends as such since he has saved Misty as well but yeah I wanted some conversation regarding that between the two, or just a smile in exchange.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
You know I have often wondered if Ash ever got to know that Misty was the one who saved him in Pokémon the movie, when he was about to get drowned and could have died since he was unconscious! It bugged me a little that he didn’t even acknowledge the fact that she saved his a**! I know he was too preoccupied at that time to thank her and possibly didn’t even know as he was unconscious throughout but a part of me wished some acknowledgment from his side, like later Tracey letting him know and him thanking Misty! I know there’s no thankyou between friends as such since he has saved Misty as well but yeah I wanted some conversation regarding that between the two, or just a smile in exchange.
A scene of acknowledgement would have been nice, but I think it kind of adds to the selflessness of the act that Misty never made a big deal of it or even brought it up. Sure, it’s possible that maybe Tracey or Melody might have said something after the fact, but I think in Misty’s mind, she didn’t necessarily need the thanks. She just instinctively saved her friend and crush without a second thought.

Ashmisty

A scene of acknowledgement would have been nice, but I think it kind of adds to the selflessness of the act that Misty never made a big deal of it or even brought it up. Sure, it’s possible that maybe Tracey or Melody might have said something after the fact, but I think in Misty’s mind, she didn’t necessarily need the thanks. She just instinctively saved her friend and crush without a second thought.
I know Misty did it out of selflessness, I ain’t talking about her expecting any appreciation in return, I am sure she never even told Ash about it, but I just wanted something from him, like someone else telling him later, it’s like he just woke up and went to his business, hardly even looking at her. Remember that scene when Ash’s body was lying in that tower of terror, and Misty was crying near it, Ash’s ghost noticed her worry and as soon as he opened his eyes he gave her a soft smile and called her name to reassure her, I would have loved to see something similar and quick here as well. I think she never even told him that Rudy asked her to stay with him at his gym for good, and she refused that offer for Ash <3.

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I know Misty did it out of selflessness, I ain’t talking about her expecting any appreciation in return, I am sure she never even told Ash about it, but I just wanted something from him, like someone else telling him later, it’s like he just woke up and went to his business, hardly even looking at her. Remember that scene when Ash’s body was lying in that tower of terror, and Misty was crying near it, Ash’s ghost noticed her worry and as soon as he opened his eyes he gave her a soft smile and called her name to reassure her, I would have loved to see something similar and quick here as well. I think she never even told him that Rudy asked her to stay with him at his gym for good, and she refuted that offer for Ash <3.
Yeah, that is fair. Even if he never made a big deal out of it to Misty, the realization would have been interesting to see. I could definitely see Melody being the one to tell Ash, given her role in that movie.

Probably a good fanfic idea in there!

Srsddf4781

I’m finding it more and more interesting that all over the world, depending on the voice actors/ actresses, there seems to be more or less support for this ship. The one user that made the comment for the Latin American voice actress on Misty is interesting to say the least. Additionally, I had no idea that the voice actor for Ash and actress for Misty are actually married in India! Then there’s the fun that Rica and Mayumi have shown to have had discussing this topic. It’s oddly casual. Almost creepily so. They all know about Kasumi’s feelings for Satoshi.

Ashmisty

I’m finding it more and more interesting that all over the world, depending on the voice actors/ actresses, there seems to be more or less support for this ship. The one user that made the comment for the Latin American voice actress on Misty is interesting to say the least. Additionally, I had no idea that the voice actor for Ash and actress for Misty are actually married in India! Then there’s the fun that Rica and Mayumi have shown to have had discussing this topic. It’s oddly casual. Almost creepily so. They all know about Kasumi’s feelings for Satoshi.
Ah yes! Their VAs in India are married! Even I got to know a few weeks ago. I think at this point her feelings for him cannot be refuted, anyone who ain’t blind or is into shipping can see that she had it bad for him! If only they did something about it, would have been so interesting to see Kasumi telling Satoshi in a fit of anger or accidentally that she liked him xD Can’t imagine his reaction.

Srsddf4781

Ah yes! Their VAs in India are married! Even I got to know a few weeks ago. I think at this point her feelings for him cannot be refuted, anyone who ain’t blind or is into shipping can see that she had it bad for him! If only they did something about it, would have been so interesting to see Kasumi telling Satoshi in a fit of anger or accidentally that she liked him xD Can’t imagine his reaction.
So, apparently Ash’s voice actor is named ‘Nachiket Dighe’ and Misty’s is named ‘Rucha Dighe.’ They’ve been married for quite awhile actually. Audiences really shouldn’t refute her feelings for him. It’s written into the lore of the anime. Shipping warriors aside, anything else will likely come off as attempting to push some sort of outside narrative.

Ashmisty

I found it adorable the way Pikachu and Psyduck hugged in the last episode and kept on hugging xD. Also it was a minor detail but Ash had a Psyduck plushie in his bathroom lol. I think this was the first time his bathroom was shown. Also I loved how after so many years they finally united him with his Pidgeot! I have no complaints from them. They did the best they could for us OS fans!

Last edited:

Ashmisty

Might be slightly off-topic, but all this talk of voice actors reminds of this little gem that Veronica Taylor and Rachael Lillie did for promotion of Ruby and Sapphire. Bit of a weird history with this one, might have to elaborate later, as I did my own digging for where this came from.

That car video they did with Ash and Misty’s voices also became super popular. I remember once a fan shared a clip on Tumblr in which they met Veronica at some event and they requested her to say something to Misty in Ash’s voice. She said something along the lines of “ Hey Misty I just wanted to let you know that you are very special to me” or something like that. It sounded adorable coming from Ash’s voice❤️

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
That car video they did with Ash and Misty’s voices also became super popular. I remember once a fan shared a clip on Tumblr in which they met Veronica at some event and they requested her to say something to Misty in Ash’s voice. She said something along the lines of “ Hey Misty I just wanted to let you know that you are very special to me” or something like that. It sounded adorable coming from Ash’s voice❤️
The car video is great, but not sure if I've seen that Tumblr video. Might have to look into that one.

Srsddf4781

Might be slightly off-topic, but all this talk of voice actors reminds of this little gem that Veronica Taylor and Rachael Lillie did for promotion of Ruby and Sapphire. Bit of a weird history with this one, might have to elaborate later, as I did my own digging for where this came from.

‘It Takes Two,’ correct? I remember this commercial on ‘KidsWB!’ back in the day. I looked up at my father and was like “WAS THAT ASH AND MISTY??!!”
All that aside, I think I’ve found another favorite moment in pokeshipping hints: https://www.reddit.com/r/aaml/comments/123at6j This is such a heartwarming moment and that blush, lol!

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
‘It Takes Two,’ correct? I remember this commercial on ‘KidsWB!’ back in the day. I looked up at my father and was like “WAS THAT ASH AND MISTY??!!”
All that aside, I think I’ve found another favorite moment in pokeshipping hints: https://www.reddit.com/r/aaml/comments/123at6j This is such a heartwarming moment and that blush, lol!
Do you have any memory of the commercial out of curiosity?

From what I found, a Bulbagarden user posted on a talk section of Bulbapedia that she had met Veronica Taylor at a convention and asked about this song specifically. Apparently, Veronica said she was surprised anyone had heard this tune, because it was apparently made for some internal purposes (I'll post the link in an edit later if I can find it again). It can be assumed someone from 4Kids leaked it online. But who knows, maybe it did air as a TV commercial briefly.

For those that don't know, it was a rewrite of the classic hit by Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston (see below). Not sure why they felt it necessary to cover the entire song just for a promotion or commercial, but boy, am I happy it exists. It's very cute.

Edit: https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bulbapedia_talk:Project_Music#It_Takes_Two

Here it is! Check the post by PokemonTrainerLisa under the It Takes Two tab.

Last edited:

Srsddf4781

Do you have any memory of the commercial out of curiosity?

From what I found, a Bulbagarden user posted on a talk section of Bulbapedia that she had met Veronica Taylor at a convention and asked about this song specifically. Apparently, Veronica said she was surprised anyone had heard this tune, because it was apparently made for some internal purposes (I'll post the link in an edit later if I can find it again). It can be assumed someone from 4Kids leaked it online. But who knows, maybe it did air as a TV commercial briefly.

For those that don't know, it was a rewrite of the classic hit by Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston (see below). Not sure why they felt it necessary to cover the entire song just for a promotion or commercial, but boy, am I happy it exists. It's very cute.

Yes, before I started working with Jonii, I had seen it. When we were kids, this song briefly appeared on commercial break to promote the dual battle system that started with the Ruby and Sapphire game releases.

Last edited: