• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Blazing Charmander

How do you think Ash and Misty's friends (Brock, May, Tracey etc) would react if Ash and Misty declared that they were in love in front of them all?

Well first of all, welcome to the thread jorvach. It's always good to see more die-hard Pokeshippers :). To answer your question, I think that the majority would be rather unsurprised at their declaration (although personally I think they, or at least Ash would try and keep it secret for a while lol), particularly Brock and Tracey.

Brock knows how close Ash and Misty are, as he has observed from their scuffles during the Kanto and Johto journeys, added to that his experiences of having his own love problems xD. As for Tracey, he demonstrated his awareness of something going on between Ash and Misty during the Orange Islands (i.e. Wherefore Art Thou Pokemon). Ditto that for Mrs Ketchum and Misty's sisters, who must have sensed a strong friendship between the two all along.

So overall, I think that Ash and Misty would receive an "I told you so" reception from all of their friends, thus leading to Misty whacking them all with her mallet :p.

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
How do you think Ash and Misty's friends (Brock, May, Tracey etc) would react if Ash and Misty declared that they were in love in front of them all?

I don't think they'd really be surprised at all, considering what they've seen and heard over the years. There might be a slight pause and then somebody (or all of them) will say, "It's about time!". Somebody might even mention that so-and-so owes them $10 XD In any case they'd be happy for them :)

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA

I think all of them would be really happy for Ash and Misty. :D And pretty much Team Rocket would tease them about hiding the fact that they were 'loveboids' for a long time. XD.

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
What's your favorite hint or cute moment from every season of Pokémon?

Pokémon:
Like I said before, when this season was first on, I didn't like Ash and Misty's interactions, and I haven't gotton the chance to rewatch now that I love interactions, so I can't give that good of an answer. I guess I'll say "The Tower of Tower", when Misty was so worried about Ash, because whether it's platonic or romantic, it was a turning point for their relationship because it shows that Misty does indeed care about Ash. I also love the end of "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak" with Ash looking at Misty in the kimono. Lol.

Pokémon Orange Islands:
I have to go with "Misty Meets Her Match", because that episode along with the second film made me a PokéShipper. That answers this topic: On a personal note, when was the peak of your happiness about PokéShipping? It was when I not only truly discovered PokéShipping but I began to understand Misty's character, which couldn't fully get until after she left the main cast. I also love "Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?" because of the moment with Tracey accusing them of liking each other, and "Navel Maneuvers" because of Ash's jealousy, even though Misty ignoring him throughout the episode bugged me for a while.

Pokémon The Johto Journeys:
I choose "For Cryin' Out Loud!" because how Ash seemed to worry about Misty. I also pick "Forest Grumps" for the same reason. But "The Totodile Duel" is my favorite from this season because it not only had the moments like them arguing, battling, and being sweet to each other, but it did a very good job of show some sort of rivalry between them, which I was hoping they would do in the future.

Pokémon Johto League Champions:
"The Heartbreak of Brock". One of my all time favorite episodes. Even though the first hint was dub-added, I thought it was funny. And second hint seemed to still be there, sort of.

Pokémon Master Quest:
Need I say "Gotta Catch Ya Later!' and "Love, Pokémon Style"? The former has too many sweet moments between them to pass that up. But why Brock had to ruin their last moment by saying at the last minute, "Oh, by the way, I have to go home, too." is beyond me. The latter has great, undeniable envy from Misty when confronting Macey. I like the Whirl Island episodes, as well, going back to their rivalry and all, even if it's slight.

Pokémon Advanced:
I'll pick "You Never Can Taillow!" just because of how Ash used Misty's handkerchief in that episode. Well, not exactly how he used it. I probably would pick "Cerulean Blues", but I've one seen one Pokémon Chronicles episode and it didn't have PokéShipping in it.

Pokémon Advanced Challenge:
"The Princess and the Togepi" and "A Togepi Mirage". These are the episodes that made Misty my favorite character (along with Ash, of course). Plus, I noticed certain funny moments like Misty grabbing the back of Ash's jacket and how she said Ash is surprisingly capable of coming through on something, but the moments I found more interesting were Ash having May and Max take Misty away to protect her. There was also the part where when they were in the Togepi Paradise, when Misty's Togepi went back through the barrier, Ash (not Misty) went after it. And when Coronel Hansen seized Togepi, Ash was the ONLY one to help Misty try to break through the barrier. Little things like that. I've also managed to see the scene in with Misty, Georgio, Casey and Psyduck "A Date With Delcatty" in Japanese, and it was priceless. I still can't believe that was taken out of the dub!

Pokémon Advanced Battle:
I didn't reallty have any favorites from this season, since the episodes that had Misty physically appear in them didn't give us to much to work with. But I loved seeing Misty watch Ash during the Hoenn League.

Pokémon Battle Frontier:
Obviously, "The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!". I really do think Misty giving Ash one of her favorite lures was a good sign that she still really liked him because she didn't give anything to Brock, and he's a close friend, too, right? There's also the Japanese opening that had Misty and Delia Ketchum on the queen of hearts card. I mean they could of had the queen of diamonds or something for Misty instead, but they didn't.

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl:
I also believe "Buizel Your Way Out of This" was good too because Ash could have let Dawn use the Misty lure. Not to mention he couldn't come up with an actual explanation why he wouldn't let her use it. All he said was, "Because I said so!", as if he could possibly be hiding something. But at the same time I can actually understand why people don't think it's a hint.

Pokémon Battle Dimension:
Nothing to noteworthy to say there. As with Ash's relationship Angie, this the only other ship that I think really has competiton with PokéShipping, and I'm actually kind of worried where that relationship can go. But I kind of like AshxAngie, and I still have faith in PokéShipping.

Pokémon Diamond Pearl Platinum:
I won't say anything about this season as of now.

Pokémon Films:
Pretty much all of Pokémon the Movie 2000. And the last scene in Pokémon Heroes. Misty's face was hilarious when Latias/Bianca kissed Ash. Not to mention she also dropped Togepi in response. Luckily, it landed in her lap.

Brock probably wouldn't be that surprised, but he would definitely be upset that he wasn't that lucky in love, unless he actually got a girlfriend by the time that happens.

Tracey would most likely say "Oh, I so totally knew it!", and continue to tease them about it.

May would probably squeal in joy because of how much she loves romance, and start saying things like "When are you getting married?" or something like that.

Max might ask them a series of follow-up questions and then maybe make fun of Misty for falling for Ash, but he wouldn't take it too seriously.

Dawn. It's kind of difficult to think how'd she react since she hasn't met Misty, but she would most likely be happy for them.

Gary would either congratulate them without putting more thought in their relationship than that or tease Ash a bit since he enjoys taunting him.

I guess I'll add Sakura because she's obviously Misty's closest female friend. Sakura would be happy for them, and maybe get more inside info on Misty and Ash, but then again, it took that long for Misty and Ash to say how they feel anyway, so that might not happen.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

I think they would all be very happy and excited for the two. Nothing could be a better announcement than their declaration of love.

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Alrighty, my turn. :D

Pokémon:
One of my favorite hints has always been and always will be the 'Tower of Terror' episode, because it incredibly showed me the bond that both Ash and Misty have with each other with Mistys incredible concern for Ash, as well as being the only one to hear him as a ghost and also the tears she shed when she saw that Ash was alive. It was truly heartwarming when she smiled at Ash when she saw that he was alive. ^_^

Pokémon Orange Islands:
Misty Meets Her Match, hands down. ^_^ Everyone has pretty much said whats already been said about the episode. ^^

Pokémon The Johto Journeys:
The Totodile Duel was a fun episode since it further developed Ash and Mistys bond with a battle against each other again. ^^ Like Seraph from the Matrix said, 'You truly never know someone, until you have fought them.' And this has been one of the few battles that i've liked where this has been established. ^^

Pokémon Johto League Champions:
The Heartbreak of Brock. Need I say more? ^^

Pokémon Master Quest:
Like I was saying with the Tododile Duel also applies here to the Whirl Island Cup competition when Ash and Misty went up against each other. ^^ What was first a harsh rivalry aiming for supremacy at first, evolved into a mature, honorable and intense battle between the two, which Misty proudly won and still came out much more closer to Ash. ^_^ In the future, I definitely hope that another battle between Ash and Misty will happen again. ^^

Pokémon Advanced:
I don't know if I can truly pick anything from this season. ^^

Pokémon Advanced Challenge:
The episodes that Misty appeared were cool since it had more of an in depth way to see how Misty matured as a trainer, especially when Togepi left for the Mirage Kingdom. It was like how Ashs Butterfree left him in a way.

Pokémon Advanced Battle:
I loved seeing Misty smile when she was watching Ash through the Hoenn Confrence, it was so adorable. ^__^

Pokémon Battle Frontier:
Misty Lure, FTW! :D Especially since it was made specifically for Ash by Misty herself. ^_^ Kinda funny thinking that since Ash was fished out by Misty in the very first episode. XD.

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl:
It was hilarious seeing Ash and Dawn fight over the Misty Lure, and it was even funnier to see Ash relieved that the lure was alright. ^^ That definitely tells me that Ash is somewhat hiding some secret feelings for Misty in a way. ~_^

Pokémon Battle Dimension:
Mmm...I can't really compare Angies friendship with Ash when it comes to him and Misty. But I do find it as fun in a competitive rival sort of way, but other than that, nothing else. ^^ Not enough chemistry. ^^

Pokémon Diamond Pearl Platinum:
Nothing yet, as far as I know. ^^

Pokémon Films:

Pokemon 2000 hands down. :D Especially the tears she shed in the early trailer and also when she told Melody that Ash is never alone because he has her. ^__^ And I think also in Mewtwo Strikes Back after Ash was petrified by Mew and Mewtwo, Misty went 'Please, no....' in fear of losing Ash.

Ya know...come to think of it....Misty has shown a lot of incredible cautious concern for Ash, even on the verge of shedding tears a lot. Kinda makes me wonder what happens whenever Ash does some near suicidal rescue in the recent movies...

In many ways, Ash and Mistys relationship reminds me of Kenshin and Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin in a way. ^_^ Ash and Misty have an incredible bond that almost seems indestructible in many ways. ^_^

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper

Pokémon:

One of my favorite cute moments is from the "Ghost of Maiden's Peak" episode, where Misty latches onto his arm out of fear of the ghost Pokemon's powers and holds it for a few moments (Ash either doesn't notice or doesn't care xD). Another is from "Tower of Terror" when Ash grabs Misty by the waist and carries her into the sky. It's interesting that Misty was the only one who could hear him - in anime (and believe me, I've watched my share) this generally implies the two characters have an important, special connection :D

Pokémon Orange Islands:

Misty Meets Her Match! I also like the blimp episode where they get trapped in a cage, Team Rocket teases them about being "lovebirds," and they blush :3 I even have some production sketches from the scene!

After OI I stopped watching new episodes, so I can't comment on anything beyond that season.

Pokémon Films:

Pokemon 2000, of course! The blatant jealousy on Misty's part, Melody teasing Misty about Ash being her boyfriend, Misty rescuing Ash from the raging water, need I go on? I mean, this was one big "HEY FANS, SHIP THEM PLEASE!" and then they turn around and never actually get them together? Grr, I say!

If memory serves, in an early trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back there's a scene where Ash jumps off a cliff screaming for Pikachu. Misty calls after him, tears in her eyes, and Brock holds her back. I wish they'd kept it in!

Milotic17

If memory serves, in an early trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back there's a scene where Ash jumps off a cliff screaming for Pikachu. Misty calls after him, tears in her eyes, and Brock holds her back. I wish they'd kept it in!

Actually, that was an early trailer for the Japanese version of the second movie (Revelation Lugia) and it's Tracey who holds Misty back. Cool all the same, though.

I don't think too many people would be surprised, except for maybe May and Dawn, who don't know Misty that well. (Then again, Dawn saw how protective Ash was of the Misty lure, so maybe she wouldn't be surprised.) Tracey might feel a bit smug in that he sort of predicted it. Brock, like others have said, might feel a little down because he hasn't had the same luck with love. I think everyone would be happy for them.

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Oh good grief, I'm starting to get my movies mixed up! Thanks for the correction. Somebody should write a fanfic about that missing scene, if they haven't already :)

Dunno about fanfics, but that could be used for some AMVs. ^_^ That, plus it could also used for some good Pokeshipping debates and articles....plus maybe also give the current writers some good hints. ~_^

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
Dunno about fanfics, but that could be used for some AMVs. ^_^ That, plus it could also used for some good Pokeshipping debates and articles....plus maybe also give the current writers some good hints. ~_^

That too! ^_^ You can never have too many Pokeshipping music videos, especially as things are now. Gotta keep it alive.

I really wish the "missing scene" (the WHOLE thing) was available somewhere, not just in that one trailer. If only the Japanese DVD had "cut" scenes as an extra or something.

JJAB91

Personally I think Misty REALLY needs to come back to the main cast. Its her temper that made the show funny and great. And of course it would help PokeShippers everywhere.

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
*psst* You accidentally triple-posted :) It happens to me all the time, this board gets really wonky.

But I agree, despite the years it's been since Misty had a stable spot in the cast, I still wait and hope that she'll come back, if only for a brief while before the show ends.

JJAB91

*psst* You accidentally triple-posted :) It happens to me all the time, this board gets really wonky.

But I agree, despite the years it's been since Misty had a stable spot in the cast, I still wait and hope that she'll come back, if only for a brief while before the show ends.

Yeah sorry about the triple post, my bad lol.

But I agree completely the romance between Ash and Misty is one of the things that got me back into the show. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope she comes back.

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
If you found out tomorrow that the show was ending, and no mention of Misty coming back had been made, how would you feel and would you give up on Pokeshipping?

If I heard that the show was ending without Misty, then i'd be highly disappointed since to me, the show started with Ash and Misty and it will end with Ash and Misty as well. ^^

I will never ever give up on Pokeshipping no matter what happens! Besides, if the show does happen to end without Misty, then i'm going to Japan to express myself with Pokeshipping katas and dances until the writers decide to make an OVA with Ash and Misty confessing their romantic feelings for each other! :D

JJAB91

If you found out tomorrow that the show was ending, and no mention of Misty coming back had been made, how would you feel and would you give up on Pokeshipping?

If I heard that the show was ending without Misty, then i'd be highly disappointed since to me, the show started with Ash and Misty and it will end with Ash and Misty as well. ^^

I will never ever give up on Pokeshipping no matter what happens! Besides, if the show does happen to end without Misty, then i'm going to Japan to express myself with Pokeshipping katas and dances until the writers decide to make an OVA with Ash and Misty confessing their romantic feelings for each other! :D

Quick unrelated question. Your avatar is that really good fan art or is that actually from an episode? If so which one?

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Hi, im not much of a pokeshipper but i do like them together. here i think this is a very nice pokeshippy song

Under the mistletone

Its really cute. ^^

ash_1518

I can never give up on PokeShipping. Although i would most likely be really sad that the show is ending. As long as the show is still airing i am satisfied. That means that there will always be hope for ash and misty. On another note. IF the show has to be shut down due to bad ratings, im sure that the writers would want to go out with a bang. Im sure that all of the extremely obvious shippings such as ashxmisty mayxdrew and kennyxdawn will be followed through in the ending eps. THAT i am sure. Otherwise the writers would not have put so much romantic innuendo in the eps. thats what i think