• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Misty is a girl who likes girl things but she doesn't go overboard (Princess VS. Princess). She's not vain or shallow (The Stunspore Detour). She loves her friends, Pokemon and life. That's the real Misty, and I think as soon as Ash stared seeing that more is when they started to become closer friends. Whenever they reunite in a cameo episode it almost seems like they're on a whole other plain.
Along with being real, like I said before, she has a lot of respect for Ash who is definitely her BFFFFF =D and he cares about her too. We can see that very clearly in the cameo episodes, as you said. They're in a different world than everyone else. Ash makes sure Misty is safe all the time. He tries to be with her as much as possible duh ;D
I LOVE THAT COUPLE SO MUCH!
*POKESHIPPING HUGGLE (which is the best kinda huggle everrr)*

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
KaibaCorp. that Ash and Misty picture is incredibly adorable. :D In fact, that would be awesome for Ash to do that to Misty and say to her 'Hey, I kept your lure safe!'. XD!!

Anyways, now to answer topics. :D

Should I be worried if Ash and Misty publicly become an actual couple? People say that once Misty and Ash get together the Pokemon series could end.

No way! Besides, who knows....one of these days we might be seeing their children in their own Pokemon journey, and we'll still get to see Ash and Misty together every now and then, still kicking butt and still arguing and bickering on how they raise their children. XD!!

Do you think that Pokeshipping was/is a bit overrated?

Nope. ^^ To me, Pokeshipping is one of the most incredibly developed and structured shippings in not only Pokemon, but anime as well. ^^

If Misty was portrayed as a jerk/unlikable to the audience YET Ash and Misty still had that remarkable chemistry, hints, etc... would you still be a Pokeshipper, even though you hate Misty's guts?

Well, like adrenaline said, it was because of how she was in the beginning. And she was still ticked off with Ash for her bike being destroyed, but once he got to know him, argue with him, battle with him and even had fun with him, she became of his most cherished and most beloved friend. ^_^

Do you like Pokeshipping because Misty was first? Do you like Misty because you just think she is more awesome than the other girls (regardless of the "evidence")?

Personally, Mistys my favorite character in the anime. Not only was she kawaii, but she also had really good character development. And when she was travelling with Ash, she at first didn't had much faith in Ashs abilities as a Pokemon Trainer, but once they started being with each other and started opening up with each other, as well as getting Togepi, Misty became a more gentler person, while also channeling her strength in battling to not only become a powerful trainer, but also a powerful rival and companion to Ash. ^^ While they might not have argued as much as they used to, theres still times when they do, and for more comedic moments as well. ^_^

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hakajin, my advice would be not to think so much about pokeshipping or any shipping like that. Shipping makes you happy right? If it does, than it shouldn't matter its not real.
I think everyone goes through that at one time or another. And really, if you want to get technical no ship is "real." For me, you can't get too involved with it. Pokeshipping/Pokemon is just a hobby, something to discuss on the net or write about. Its something to hope for.

Thanks for the advice, guys. But the thing is, shipping is not something I do for fun. I don't do it on purpose at all. It's just something that I do. Thinking about it comes about as naturally to me as breathing. I mean, I live in my head. When I'm not concentrating on something, I'm thinking or daydreaming about something, and it's usually shipping. It's hard to turn it off. I miss the feeling it gives me when there's something wrong with it.

Mostly what I need is a new way of looking at it, a way to find some reality in it. I've got a lot of ways of looking at it, and different ones help at different times, but... it still doesn't feel quite. Well, maybe it just takes time.

Do you think that Pokeshipping is a bit overrated?

Yeah, some. I don't like it when people make it all cutesy. Mostly, I just don't like fangirling over stuff. It kind of annoys me.

If Misty was portrayed as a jerk/unlikable to the audience YET Ash and Misty still had that remarkable chemistry, hints, etc... would you still be a Pokeshipper, even though you hate Misty's guts?

Mm... I probably wouldn't care one way or the other. Sometimes I ship purposely, but most of the time, it just happens. Anyway... I don't think Misty was ever supposed to be unlikable. She's tsundere, which is a very popular character type. Some people don't like it, but it's still supposed to be appealing.

Last edited:

charmanderkesryl

Should I be worried if Ash and Misty publicly become an actual couple? People say that once Misty and Ash get together the Pokemon series could end?

I'm not worried if they become an actual couple because peolpe say the Pokemon might end. Pokemon have been in the television for too long and at least should end the show because all shows ends. But it is also bad if they end because we will not know what happen to Ash and Misty, their moments as a couple, what happen to their wedding, and how many chilren they have.

Do you like Pokeshipping because Misty was first? Do you like Misty because you just think she is more awesome than the other girls (regardless of the "evidence")?
I love Pokeshipping because of Ash and Misty's great chemistry. I like her because she was really different from the other girls and she is a lot more responsible and pretty.

Sorry guys for going a bit-off topic but I want to discuss this. While I think it's most likely dub edit, I want to make sure...

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Sorry guys for going a bit-off topic but I want to discuss this. While I think it's most likely dub edit, I want to make sure...

Yeah, I've seen that before and its definitely a really cute hint! I really don't know if its a dubbed hint, you'd have to google to see what episode that is and then skip to the scene in japanese to see what the subbed says. most likely its a dub. -.-
This however, is NOT a dub. ^_^
You guys noticed my banner yet? it's made by the amazing interstellas! XD im so happy with it :3

Should I be worried if Ash and Misty publicly become an actual couple? People say that once Misty and Ash get together the Pokemon series could end?

I'm not worried if they become an actual couple because peolpe say the Pokemon might end. Pokemon have been in the television for too long and at least should end the show because all shows ends. But it is also bad if they end because we will not know what happen to Ash and Misty, their moments as a couple, what happen to their wedding, and how many chilren they have.

I love Pokeshipping because of Ash and Misty's great chemistry. I like her because she was really different from the other girls and she is a lot more responsible and pretty.
Make sure you delete the first post please, you don't wanna get in trouble for double posting! I totally agree tho, she is quite unique. *note how the girls seem to get girlier and girlier. ;p

Yeah, some. I don't like it when people make it all cutesy.
If this was a facebook status, I would like this!! *lol fb joke* I totally agree. I don't like reading fanfics where Ash and Misty are so OOC that it's not even them anymore *with certain exceptions*. It totally turns me off. I love fics like WS's where it's just straight forward Ash and Misty realized their feelings for each other totally IC *with some minor OOC*

No way! Besides, who knows....one of these days we might be seeing their children in their own Pokemon journey, and we'll still get to see Ash and Misty together every now and then, still kicking butt and still arguing and bickering on how they raise their children. XD!!
OMG YES! another facebook status I would like ^^ LOVE YOU GUYS AND YOUR AMAZING IDEAS!!

What's an Ash and Misty moment you wouldn't mind seeing again in a different form? *for example: a festival/kimono scene or a Misty saving Ash in the ocean or vice versa?*
I'd really like to see Ash saving Misty in the ocean :D although a kimono scene where Ash gasps at Misty's beauty would be fine too!

[img139]http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx265/2008amparker/First_kiss______or_not_by_SatokoCha.jpg[/img139]
by SatokoChan
HAHAH

Last edited:

Semidos

Pokeshipper
I mean, I live in my head. When I'm not concentrating on something, I'm thinking or daydreaming about something, and it's usually shipping. It's hard to turn it off. I miss the feeling it gives me when there's something wrong with it.
I think I know what you mean. Propably I feel the same. Pokemon and Pokeshipping are something more than only for fun. It's my life. Just one good thing in my boring life. So, it's the real reason why I want Misty back. I want that for them, Ash & Misty. If they aren't together I feel sad. If they are, I feel so happy.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I think I know what you mean. Propably I feel the same. Pokemon and Pokeshipping are something more than only for fun. It's my life. Just one good thing in my boring life. So, it's the real reason why I want Misty back. I want that for them, Ash & Misty. If they aren't together I feel sad. If they are, I feel so happy.
Yeahhh... I have that problem sometimes too, it gets rather sad when you think about the fact that they're not real... At all. XD OH WELL! hehe. dont let it lead your life, let it simply be a nice part of your leisure time, thats what I try to force myself to think. You might find this strange but I force myself NOT to think about Pokeshipping sometimes. I tell myself, save it for the forums after class, XxM!styxX...
hehe ^^ lame i know AND i'm 18 XD

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Yeahhh... I have that problem sometimes too, it gets rather sad when you think about the fact that they're not real... At all. XD OH WELL! hehe. dont let it lead your life, let it simply be a nice part of your leisure time, thats what I try to force myself to think. You might find this strange but I force myself NOT to think about Pokeshipping sometimes. I tell myself, save it for the forums after class, XxM!styxX...

XD!! Luckily once ya get older, you can control the flow of Pokeshipping in your mind. ^_^ I'm 25 and I can keep my Pokeshipping cravings under control like how Kyo Kusanagi controls his flame. :D Or for a more well known example, like how Goku controls his ki in Dragonball Z. ^^

Hey sweet XxM!styxX, that Pokeshipping clip ya got was from the banned Legend of Dratini eppy! :D Thanks for showing it. ^_^ (hugs) I have never seen that clip until today. :D

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

I had a hard time when Misty left, too. It wasn't so bad, I was just kind of down for a few months. And then it would bother me again from time to time. I've been more reliant on shipping since I had to leave school. I don't have any friends at home, so I've been kind of isolated. It's always upsetting when something goes wrong with my favorite ship, but it's especially difficult when things are like this. Still, I do enjoy my own company, and I have things to entertain myself. Plus, I'm close to my dad, which helps a lot. I'm sure you have good things in your life, too. Even when you're emotionally involved, it's important to keep perspective. Try to focus on good things in life, and don't pin all your happiness on shipping. Pinning all your happiness on any one thing isn't so good. Just some friendly advice.

Heh, good to know someone else feels the same way. I mean, I'm not torn up about it, but I miss the good feelings it gives me. It just makes me a little blue sometimes. Hey, I'm 21. But my idea of Pokeshipping and Ash and Misty are a lot more complex than they are on the show. My perspective on them evolved over time; it grew with me. That's why it stuck with me, even though the show is kind of immature. It's probably the same for you.

Oh, that? Frankly, I would just be happy they got together. I haven't watched the show in years, so I wouldn't really care if it ended. It would probably go the other way around, though. I mean, if they got together, the writers would probably choose to do it at the end of the series. Pokemon is definitely not a show that incorporates a lot of romance. They also might do it if they decided to replace everyone, including Ash, but I don't think that's happening at this point.

Well, sort of. I was already so obsessed with Ash and Misty being together, I couldn't imagine Ash with anyone else. Once you're that close to someone, you can't just replace her. It takes a long time to build a relationship like that. Plus, I was so caught up in Misty's character. Projection and all that. You can't undo something like that easily, either. When I felt sad about it, it was always Misty who was sad in my head. I didn't think about Ash's feelings as much.

Rebeccag

I do in a way because she was the first girl and the trio was the ones that i built up an relationsip with. But I also think they have a better realationship then May or Dawn as they seem younger than Ash and I think he suits that type of personality anyway that Misty has

xxqqb

i think that it also a reason too but i think that may and drawn is not have any about love with ash
but misty is have a hits to give us about with ash..in some episodes..

Here's two more fanart I used for my youtube background. I'm pretty sure you'll seen these....

Semidos

Pokeshipper
Both fanarts are so cute.

I'm sure you have good things in your life, too. Even when you're emotionally involved, it's important to keep perspective. Try to focus on good things in life, and don't pin all your happiness on shipping. Pinning all your happiness on any one thing isn't so good. Just some friendly advice.
Maybe you're right. I think it's because this holidays was boring for me, so I had more time to think about pokeshipping. Now after back to school maybe I will have more happiness. Thanks for advice.

i know AND i'm 18 XD
Lol, I'm 18 too :)

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Heh, good to know someone else feels the same way. I mean, I'm not torn up about it, but I miss the good feelings it gives me. It just makes me a little blue sometimes. Hey, I'm 21. But my idea of Pokeshipping and Ash and Misty are a lot more complex than they are on the show. My perspective on them evolved over time; it grew with me. That's why it stuck with me, even though the show is kind of immature. It's probably the same for you.
Definitely. WHen I look at the episodes it even bothers me on how in the world they could make ash and misty kiss but then i realize how much romantic proof other ships recieve like Contestshipping *just an example, no support or bashing* so it makes a little hopeful. What are your more complex ideas? ^^

Lol, I'm 18 too
YES! IM NOT THE ONLY POKEMON FANATIC MY AGE! Lol, no one in my university has any idea. on the exterior im a normal teenage college freshman that parties but on the inside... IM A POKESHIPPER! *dramatic music*

[img139]http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx265/2008amparker/AaML___Wallpaper_by_Naebasa_chan.jpg[/img139]
picspam made by someone on pb

Anton_91

Comic Trainer!
^I'm 18 too ;) PokeShipping is my favorite anime shipping EVER! 8D
BRING MISTY BACK TO THE ANIME PLEAAASEE ><
I'm (re)watching all pkmn episodes and I'm just entering the orange leauge season. It's gonna be great cause it's filled with pokeshipping moments 8D

btw, I've never been in this thread before, so, HI minna-sama! x)

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
^I'm 18 too PokeShipping is my favorite anime shipping EVER! 8D
BRING MISTY BACK TO THE ANIME PLEAAASEE ><
I'm (re)watching all pkmn episodes and I'm just entering the orange leauge season. It's gonna be great cause it's filled with pokeshipping moments 8D

btw, I've never been in this thread before, so, HI minna-sama! x)
Welcome minna-sama :D I promise this thread shall NOT disappoint you ^^ if anything, it'll give you the proof you need to carry on as a POkeshipper. let me know if you need anything; hints, fanfics, fanart, screencaps, ANYTHING. :D

LOVE YOUU POKESHIPPERS!! *plays with Ash and Misty dolls fervently*

granbull guy

Vasoline
Not just because she was first just becauseto me its very obvious they like it each other and they belong together!

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Maybe you're right. I think it's because this holidays was boring for me, so I had more time to think about pokeshipping. Now after back to school maybe I will have more happiness. Thanks for advice.

Oh, no problem. Glad to hear that things are ok.
Definitely. WHen I look at the episodes it even bothers me on how in the world they could make ash and misty kiss but then i realize how much romantic proof other ships recieve like Contestshipping *just an example, no support or bashing* so it makes a little hopeful. What are your more complex ideas? ^^

Ah, complex ideas... well, I developed Misty's character a lot. If I ever get around to finishing that one-shot I'm working on (I'm back on it as of now; just gotta get through GCYL, then it's all downhill from there), you'll see what I mean, but... well, I saw her as having trouble with unrequited love, and then learning to accept it. I saw her as being very strong because she was able to accept loving someone who might never love her back. Well, that's just an example, but you get the idea.

I've also learned a lot of stuff about love and life through shipping. Well, maybe it's just a tool I use to think things out... but like with this thing about it not being real, I had kind of a strange thought. You know how in real life, we're never able to see things from another person's perspective, and we can only feel our own emotions? With shipping, both characters' feelings and thoughts are experienced through me, so it's like they're the same, even though they're not. They're connected in a way that's impossible for real people. That helps sometimes.

But it's funny, because that made me start thinking that we're all part of a greater whole in real life, and we really are connected. We just can't tell right now because our physical bodies limit and separate us. That idea of wholeness used to scare me. I used to think that it was like you would lose your own consciousness and just get absorbed by a bigger one.

But this way, it seems really wonderful. If we were all completely separate, then we'd really be isolated. We could never really know anyone, because our perception of someone isn't really that person. Then there's projection and all that. But if we're connected, we really can have understanding of another person. I just didn't understand the idea until I looked at it with shipping. It's not exactly the same, I mean, we're not just figments of someone's imagination, but you know.

Well, there's more, and I get into things like collective unconsciousness and sympathy, but that's enough. It doesn't have much to do with anything, but it's an example of how I think through shipping. You get an idea of how complicated things are inside my head, heheh.

Last edited:

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Ah, complex ideas... well, I developed Misty's character a lot. If I ever get around to finishing that one-shot I'm working on (I'm back on it as of now; just gotta get through GCYL, then it's all downhill from there), you'll see what I mean, but... well, I saw her as having trouble with unrequited love, and then learning to accept it. I saw her as being very strong because she was able to accept loving someone who might never love her back. Well, that's just an example, but you get the idea.

I've also learned a lot of stuff about love and life through shipping. Well, maybe it's just a tool I use to think things out... but like with this thing about it not being real, I had kind of a strange thought. You know how in real life, we're never able to see things from another person's perspective, and we can only feel our own emotions? With shipping, both characters' feelings and thoughts are experienced through me, so it's like they're the same, even though they're not. They're connected in a way that's impossible for real people. That helps sometimes.

But it's funny, because that made me start thinking that we're all part of a greater whole in real life, and we really are connected. We just can't tell right now because our physical bodies limit and separate us. That idea of wholeness used to scare me. I used to think that it was like you would lose your own consciousness and just get absorbed by a bigger one.

But this way, it seems really wonderful. If we were all completely separate, then we'd really be isolated. We could never really know anyone, because our perception of someone isn't really that person. Then there's projection and all that. But if we're connected, we really can have understanding of another person. I just didn't understand the idea until I looked at it with shipping. It's not exactly the same, I mean, we're not just figments of someone's imagination, but you know.

Well, there's more, and I get into things like collective unconsciousness and sympathy, but that's enough. It doesn't have much to do with anything, but it's an example of how I think through shipping. You get an idea of how complicated things are inside my head, heheh.
hehe, WOW! ^^ that's alot of thought but who knows? That could be what misty thinks :eek:)
I really like your development of Misty and I can't wait to see your one-shot becasue I've read all the fics on your ff.net profile and I love it ^^
Misty coming to terms with unrequited love really makes sense *although we know it wont be unrequited forever--Ashy has to grow up someday and his realization will be exactly like CarinaT's artwork "Crap I'm in love with misty!"*
hehe