• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Kazuki Sendo

Eevee Breeder
Back to the topic of Pokeshipping!

I write a lot of fanfiction... and I've wanted to write for Pokeshipping, but two reasons keep me from doing so (beyond a drabble) 1. There are a lot of gaps in my viewership of the anime (even while Misty was there), and I like to have all the information I can possible can when writing. And 2. I haven't really had any bright ideas/gotten into their characterizations in a method-writing sort of way.

Last night I'm pretty sure I got an idea for a fic in a dream. But I forgot it when I woke up. D'oh!

Not like I don't have a lot of stuff to write anyway... Oh, well. I might do something for them someday. Hope springs eternal.

On the Pokeshippy-front, how do you think Misty would interact with Ash and Iris?

I personally don't hold out much hope of Misty being a traveling buddy in Best Wishes, but it's interesting to think about anyway.

All speculation at this point since we don't know much fer shur!

Iris seems like a really high-energy not-so-girly girl, and I feel like Ash would really like her as a friend. I think Misty might have been hideously jealous in the past of this closeness, but now, I think she just might be a little hurt, and redoubled her efforts with Ash, and even strive to be friend with Iris ('cause the vine swinging... ya gotta respect it).

Then again, Misty would not be Misty if she wasn't contents-under-pressure, so occasionally a little jealousy would sneak out.

And Iris doesn't particularly look like the kinda girl to bother with crushes (at least to me), so I could see her actually helping Misty out.

...In this fantasy world I've concocted based on speculation...

I should have a Pokeshipping sig next week with my new banner~

Reminds me of a Lucky Star Episode just what you said.... Also its best to keep a notebook near the desk/bed just incase ideas pop up.

Thats how I was able to flush through my Pokeshipping fic, just gotta edit it....

Editing...my main hassle.

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
On the Pokeshippy-front, how do you think Misty would interact with Ash and Iris?

I think that Misty would get a long with both Iris pretty well. ^_^ Personally, while its still too early for me to determine anything with Iris, I have a sense that shes pretty adventurous, energetic and athletic and I think that she has a personality of her own. ^^

It would be interesting to see Iris blossom some new Pokeshipping goodness between Ash and Misty though. :D She seems to be someone whos easily excited with romance. ^^ But thats what i'm thinking. ^^

Kazuki Sendo

Eevee Breeder

I think that Misty would get a long with both Iris pretty well. ^_^ Personally, while its still too early for me to determine anything with Iris, I have a sense that shes pretty adventurous, energetic and athletic and I think that she has a personality of her own. ^^

It would be interesting to see Iris blossom some new Pokeshipping goodness between Ash and Misty though. :D She seems to be someone whos easily excited with romance. ^^ But thats what i'm thinking. ^^

Would be funny Misty shows up before Ash leaves, Iris sees how Misty acts with Ash and indirectly makes fun of him for the next few years on how they make a 'love love' couple. Then oh boy...

Right Now Iris's personality can go either way... here's hoping she's a jungle girl.

I haven't posted in here in a while, sorry!

Let's say that Misty is going to get a cameo at the end of DP, do you think it will be in a Pallet Town episode, or do you think Ash will run into Misty on the way to Isshu? Or any other way?

I don't think that we'll get another Pallet Town episode :(
I hope Ash runs into her somehow.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>

Misty: Well, looks like the frizzy pigtail style came back! I knew I was a trend setter ;D Misty would probably figure it was the norm now...probably tease him about the bike thing, and maybe ask him for a replacement. He won't give it to her. :p

~riolulu

Kazuki Sendo

Eevee Breeder

Well, Iris right now is a total unknown and how they are changing the dynamics of the show meaning (Iris's bike probably wont be totaled as it seems Ash is going to meet Iris before he heads to Isshu) but I would like to see Misty coming to see Ash off and Iris cracking jokes that would make them both blush furiously.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I would like to see Misty coming to see Ash off and Iris cracking jokes that would make them both blush furiously.

..and more like Iris teasing the two of them,
It's nice to see Iris likes to see them get along more together,(well,seeing them like that would be making her totally obvious as a couple).

Let's say that Misty is going to get a cameo at the end of DP, do you think it will be in a Pallet Town episode, or do you think Ash will run into Misty on the way to Isshu? Or any other way?

I would say,Misty will see him on Pallet town,just like what happens in AG episode,where Ash would exactly go home after his match,(I think).
I like to see Misty joins again in Ash's adventures and his travel.I miss those moments how they have been travelling together.:)

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Got my new Pokeshippy sig! Yay!

...Something I've been thinking about these two for awhile:

Now, from my perspective, Misty's biggest rival for Ash's affections is not actually one of the other girls but Ash's Pokemon-based ambitions in and of themself. He's totally focused. In some ways, that's a good thing, but in some ways its a bad thing. It's no good getting so obsessed with something that there isn't room for growth in other parts of your life.

I would say, hey, he's 10, he'll mature eventually. But there are plenty of trainers we've met along the way much older than him who are just about as obsessed.

So what do you say? Will he curtail (I wouldn't say abandon, never abandon) some of his Pokemon-based ambitions to settle down with Misty? Would she even want that since his devotion to Pokemon is what attracted her to him in the first place? Then again, does Misty really seem like she wants to follow Ash around to another league when they're both 80 and getting around with walkers?

What happens when Ash plateaus? He certainly seems to get better and eventually he will reach his potential. Would he ignore that and keep moving forward? Or would he wonder why his victory feels like it's missing something AKA Misty?

Not that I think Pokemon training is bad or necessarily something 'childish' he needs to grow out of. But I don't think he thinks too far beyond it and I don't necessarily think he does a lot of soul-searching about the why of his ambition.

issue-11

Elder Scrolls Fan

I think that Misty might appear at the very last minute of Ash and Paul's battle in the league, her cheering being the last push Ash needed for victory. At least, that's what I think should happen.

Anyways, I've tried to access the pokeshipping page on Bulbapedia, but the annoying webfilter my dad is so fond of blocks the page for vulgar language. Does that page indeed contain some of the following words: (sex--- mature, sexual ---) or other words like that? yes, I know, that filter is horrible. Also, would anyone be so kind as to either edit that page on Bulbapedia so it doesn't contain any of those words, or at least post the hints-list of that page("censored" of course ;) )? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·

I think that Misty might appear at the very last minute of Ash and Paul's battle in the league, her cheering being the last push Ash needed for victory. At least, that's what I think should happen.

Yeah,She''l be cheering him out,and I know in every ways she's always very supportive to her friends..specially to Ash.,even in AG,she watched every battle or challenges Ash had..I like the way they're very supportive to each other..

btw..Welcome!!

issue-11

Elder Scrolls Fan
I just watched the announcement for Pokemon: Best Wishes! closely, and it appears that Iris isn't on a bike there. If Iris really doesn't have a bike, that could mean that they are stopping that bike-destroying tradition. But it could also mean that they are saving the bike-incident for another girl/episode. If they do this, it could mean Misty will return at some point in 'Best Wishes!'. I read somewhere that rumors about Misty's return were discredited, but I probably wouldn't spoil the audience if I was the producer and deny it, too. It's always good to stay optimistic :p. It would be fun to have Ash destroy Misty's bike again, giving her the perfect excuse to follow him around again.
Am I being a little too optimistic? It's also possible that Iris' bike just isn't shown in the preview, but then again, what does a jungle-girl like Iris need a bike for?

Last edited:
Yeah,She''l be cheering him out,and I know in every ways she's always very supportive to her friends..specially to Ash.

I bet she will! I remember back in Kanto when Misty was sort of a mentor to Ash, she yelled at him a lot, but she was helping him in a way. :)
And everytime I think of Misty cheering for Ash, I think of that episode with Rudy where she had to choose between Rudy and Ash.

I just watched the announcement for Pokemon: Best Wishes! closely, and it appears that Iris isn't on a bike there. If Iris really doesn't have a bike, that could mean that they are stopping that bike-destroying tradition...
However...
It could also mean that they are saving the bike-incident for another girl/episode (not very likely...). If they do this, it could mean Misty will return at some point in 'Best Wishes!'. I read somewhere that rumors about Misty's return were discredited, but I probably wouldn't spoil the audience if I was the producer and deny it, too. It's always good to stay optimistic. It would be fun to have Ash destroy Misty's bike again, giving her the perfect excuse to follow him around again.
Am I being a little too optimistic? It's also possible that Iris' bike just isn't shown in the preview, but then again, what does a jungle-girl like Iris need a bike for?

You can never too optimistic :D
I really doubt Misty's going to return the main cast in Isshu, but I still liked your idea! :)

Teshub

Banned
I'm pretty sure if Misty was going to appear in BW it would have been known by now. Considering she has so many fans in Japan.
Maybe in the 15th anniversary of the anime they will have a true reunion of old cast members, which is why they are not having a full pallet reunion this time because they are saving it.

PiNk&BlAcK

Call me nikki
I heard of this episode which sounds like ash's friends and pokemon would be in, maybe that'll be her cameo?

I heard of this episode which sounds like ash's friends and pokemon would be in, maybe that'll be her cameo?

Umm, what's the name?
I think our only hope of getting a cameo is if Ash heads back to Pallet Town, and even if he does, we don't know if Misty will be there :/
But I really hope we get a cameo!

Retrodanielrh

Misty's Secret confession

What alot of people dont realise is that misty did actually confess (though not intentionally). If you watch 'gotta catch ya later' youll see that misty gave ash a handkerchief. In japan, when a girl gives a guy a handkerchief, it means that they really really care about the guy. Basically, its a japanese way of saying 'I Love You'

Teshub

Banned
What alot of people dont realise is that misty did actually confess (though not intentionally). If you watch 'gotta catch ya later' youll see that misty gave ash a handkerchief. In japan, when a girl gives a guy a handkerchief, it means that they really really care about the guy. Basically, its a japanese way of saying 'I Love You'

That is incorrect, but where have you heard of that before?

Here's is a source of what handkerchief as a gift in Japan means.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100331175140AA8OGy8

Retrodanielrh

Is it? Ah well thats what i heard. Its says it in someones sig on this too. I just thoguht it was weird cause if she meant it like that, wouldnt she have given one too brock too?
p.s. sorry im just trying to think of evidence that wasnt added in dub

Last edited:

PiNk&BlAcK

Call me nikki
not sure, it was some time ago so it might be a rumor or i got something twiseted up.

Hmm, it does say something like "close relationships", romance or friendships i guess.

its ok, um in once scene they did look at each for some time til Brock interupted. lol
and misty did go running off in one scene after ash comments a bit about her being a gym leader and something about her going back to Cerulean City quickly.

Even though the song was dub added their were a few hints added in, seems mostly from misty though

i checked bulbapedia and thats what it says. and i thought that too til i saw that

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I think our only hope of getting a cameo is if Ash heads back to Pallet Town, and even if he does, we don't know if Misty will be there :/
But I really hope we get a cameo!

Yeah,Hoping Misty will be In Pallet Town at exactly Ash's arrival..
just like in the AG episode..
or..Hoping they'll see each other while they're on their way to pallet town..
Hoping that MIsty will get a cameo..