• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Falstaff

While I support pokeshipping without exception, here's why I think it won't happen in the anime:

1. Age

Ash and the girls are perpetually 10. While I honestly don't think this is too young to 'like' someone romantically (I can remember having crushes on girls when I was 8) it IS too young to really 'date' anybody.

2. Money

If they paired Ash with one of the girls they'd alienate the other girls' fanbase, and then people might buy less Pokemon stuff.

3. It's been too long

It's been what, eight years since Misty was part of the main cast? There are kids now who can't remember when she was ever part of the show.

4. Ash's Disorder

Numerous people have commented that Ash is way more interested in Pokemon than in girls. I think this is more than just a function of his age; I think Ash might have Asperger's Syndrome. Hear me out.

Pokemon creator Satoshi Tajiri (whom Ash is named for and based on) has it. Two of the common signs of someone with Asperger's are an obsessive need to collect all of something and an inability to understand other people's emotions.

I've seen this with my cousin. When he was in high school he used to play World of Warcraft for five or six hours a day (basically whenever he wasn't in school or doing homework) and he didn't really start noticing girls until he was about 20. (And the best part? His name is Ash too).

So sad to say I think we won't see pokeshipping happen. But that's what the internet is for..

Blessed

While I support pokeshipping without exception, here's why I think it won't happen in the anime:

1. Age

Ash and the girls are perpetually 10. While I honestly don't think this is too young to 'like' someone romantically (I can remember having crushes on girls when I was 8) it IS too young to really 'date' anybody.

2. Money

If they paired Ash with one of the girls they'd alienate the other girls' fanbase, and then people might buy less Pokemon stuff.

3. It's been too long

It's been what, eight years since Misty was part of the main cast? There are kids now who can't remember when she was ever part of the show.

4. Ash's Disorder

Numerous people have commented that Ash is way more interested in Pokemon than in girls. I think this is more than just a function of his age; I think Ash might have Asperger's Syndrome. Hear me out.

Pokemon creator Satoshi Tajiri (whom Ash is named for and based on) has it. Two of the common signs of someone with Asperger's are an obsessive need to collect all of something and an inability to understand other people's emotions.

I've seen this with my cousin. When he was in high school he used to play World of Warcraft for five or six hours a day (basically whenever he wasn't in school or doing homework) and he didn't really start noticing girls until he was about 20. (And the best part? His name is Ash too).

So sad to say I think we won't see pokeshipping happen. But that's what the internet is for..

We don't care to be honest we just support it & that's it and the same could be said about all the other shippings.

Falstaff

We don't care to be honest we just support it & that's it and the same could be said about all the other shippings.

Fair enough.

While I'm at it; it annoys me when non-Pokeshippers say that Misty's Lure is only important to Ash because it's from a friend and there are no romantic implications. I don't care how good a friend you are; I can't IMAGINE giving a platonic friend a winking picture of myself to carry around.

Blessed

Fair enough.

While I'm at it; it annoys me when non-Pokeshippers say that Misty's Lure is only important to Ash because it's from a friend and there are no romantic implications. I don't care how good a friend you are; I can't IMAGINE giving a platonic friend a winking picture of myself to carry around.

Indeed, Winking in japanese culture is also seen as a sign of love and flirting and an intimate symbol, like most places (some places it is disrespectful believe it or not) but I thought its nice how they made her wink. Since she always winked at Ash haha.

Last edited:

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
<3's DayXD

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

My grandparents just went off to fishing last Sunday and this made me remember the fishing lure and when the lure is shown with Ash.. I'm starting to reminisce again. Sorry for the off topic part. and Hello Falstaff, welcome to the thread!

@Angel~ and Yoshi-kun, thank you for viewing my artXD

I know this is a bit random but I have a topic, since it's the Day of Hearts: What do you think Ash and Misty will do in Valentine's Day?

I am a PokeShipper since my early childhood, but this is my first post in this thread. I will respond to the questions in the opening post.

- When/if Ash and Misty get married, do think they would settle down to raise a family, or do you think they will keep traveling together?
They'll first travel some more, maybe with Brock. Ash might take part in one more league, and Misty and Ash can both take part in the Whirl Cup again. Then they'll get married and live happily together in Cerulean City, with Ash and Misty as gym leaders. Trainers will have to use two Pokemon at once, Ash and Misty both choose one Pokemon. Ash will have to use a Water Pokemon for this.

- If a 'Tower of Terror' accident were to happen to Ash again and once again, only Misty was able to hear him, what would you imagine to happen?
Would Ash spring back to life again in a short while? Or would the situation be more serious and he would risk dying? In fear of losing Ash's life, would Misty confess to him? Or would she keep it to herself again? What about Ash?
I really don't know, this question is very hard. In Tower of Terror, everything turned out to be all right, so I expect the same here...

- If both Ash and Misty were to perform as the Prince and Princess in the mermaid performance in Cerulean City, how would you imagine it to go? Would it go perfectly? Or would something happen?
Awesome! They are perfect for this!

- If you were to encounter Ash and Misty, would you do so cosplaying as either one of them?
No, I don't cosplay.

- How would Misty react upon receiving knowledge that Anabel and/or Angie have shown an interest in Ash?
She won't care, because Ash doesn't care about them. They are friends and that's it. Ash's only love is Misty, and his only romantic interest is in Misty.

- What are your expectations from me, this thread, and AshxMisty in the future?
I hope this thread will have good conversations without flaming and trolling, and I hope Ash and Misty will ever officially confirm their relationship in the anime. However, even without confirmation and proof, it's obvious that those two have a relationship.

Falstaff

Indeed, Winking in japanese culture is also seen as a sign of love and flirting and an intimate symbol, like most places (some places it is disrespectful believe it or not) but I thought its nice how they made her wink. Since she always winked at Ash haha.

Not just the winking; it's that she gave him a picture of herself. If they were a little more upfront with each other it would've been a picture in a locket (but anyway it's less banal the way it is).

What do you think Ash and Misty will do in Valentine's Day?

Misty will want to do something romantic; maybe go out dancing or have a picnic in the park. Ash will grumble for a while but eventually he'll give in.

lucasc

Shoopdawhoop
Fair enough.

I can relate to this. When I was what..9 or 10. I had a pretty good gal-friend..we would do everything together and she also had a thing for Pokémon so we always played together. One day she changed schools. She gave me her rarest TCG card..I didn't know what it was back then because it was japanese but it's a Coro Coro Shining Mew.

I keep this card in mint condition until today...I don't have any romantic feelings towards her anymore although I might have had back then. But looking at the card reminds me of her..one of my first friends :). I think that's what a token like this simbolizes. Now that I think about it..maybe Misty gave Ash the lure so he would never forget her or how she was..because knowing him she knew that this was possible and she might never hear from him again.

Just my 2cents

Blessed

Not just the winking; it's that she gave him a picture of herself. If they were a little more upfront with each other it would've been a picture in a locket (but anyway it's less banal the way it is).

Misty will want to do something romantic; maybe go out dancing or have a picnic in the park. Ash will grumble for a while but eventually he'll give in.

Haha yeah you're right but at least it's something + he has the handkerchief too which also means something in Japanese culture. That the girl really likes the guy.

Hi. Hope you guys don't mind me joining here. I've been a Pokeshipper since the original series came out. I was... 7, 8 maybe. Either way it's been a long time. xD

placement

I can relate to this. When I was what..9 or 10. I had a pretty good gal-friend..we would do everything together and she also had a thing for Pokémon so we always played together. One day she changed schools. She gave me her rarest TCG card..I didn't know what it was back then because it was japanese but it's a Coro Coro Shining Mew.

Oh, good story. I had something similar, it was about 10 years ago :)

I keep this card in mint condition until today...I don't have any romantic feelings towards her anymore although I might have had back then. But looking at the card reminds me of her..one of my first friends :). I think that's what a token like this simbolizes. Now that I think about it..maybe Misty gave Ash the lure so he would never forget her or how she was..because knowing him she knew that this was possible and she might never hear from him again.

Just my 2cents

Lure and handkerchief :D Ohh yes, its good way of thinking. Misty has gone 9 years ago. Woow, it was so long... I think that when she went away she knew that she couldn't see him again.

You're more then just my best friend.
What makes me misty most of all,
in our final curtain call.
Is knowin' that I won't see you again.

My good friend is living in USA and im living in Europe. Last time I saw him 5 years ago. Will we see again? I don't know. I know that I will always remember him.

KetachuSauce

Call me "John".
No one got my NCS reference? :(

Anyways, welcome Skribbz1990 to the PokéShipping thread. Enjoy it.

Oh, I missed Valentine's Day for Poké? NOOOOO-!

Falstaff

Sorry for the off topic part. and Hello Falstaff, welcome to the thread![/B]

Good to be here.

If I'm going to introduce myself properly, i should answer the most basic question:

Why do you support Pokeshipping?

Practical and sentimental reasons.

I think it has by far the most hints, and Misty is without a doubt my favorite character. She acts like a real person and her emotions seem much 'deeper' than anyone else's.

My relationship to Pokemon is a bit strange. When the anime first came out in the US I was 12, and odious little snob...I wouldn't admit to liking Pokemon because it was 'for kids'. But the reason I liked it was mainly due to the interactions between Ash and Misty.

Years later, I realize that I'm more Ash than Misty. More than once I've ended relationships because it didn't fit in with my grand designs for the future.

I don't want to clog the board with personal stuff, so I'll stop here. Ash and Misty forever!

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Anyways, welcome Skribbz1990 to the PokéShipping thread. Enjoy it.

Oh, I missed Valentine's Day for Poké? NOO-!

Unfortunately, yes. But the love for a certain ship is still trying to be strong so no worries.XD

I keep this card in mint condition until today...I don't have any romantic feelings towards her anymore although I might have had back then. But looking at the card reminds me of her..one of my first friends . I think that's what a token like this simbolizes. Now that I think about it..maybe Misty gave Ash the lure so he would never forget her or how she was..because knowing him she knew that this was possible and she might never hear from him again.

That's a nice story I remember having a crush on my classmate when I was 10 and I can really relate your story to Ash and Misty. I guess this made me come up a simple conclusion,'' whenever a thing is precious to you, you will always feel the presence of that person who gave it to you..'' I just hope Satoshi will never forget Kasumi.. by seeing the lure and handkerchief..*sighs*

@Skribbz1990, welcome to the thread!

my new vid will be up soon :3

Cool! Can't wait to watch new amvs. Oh and I haven't read a fanfic a while ago I was also waiting for the new chapter of the DP AAML fic. I'm looking forward to your vid!

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
I haven't been here because I was writing a Valentine's Day comedy one-shot. *shameless plug* Emphasis on comedy/classic Ash and Misty though, not so much on fluff. ^ ^;

I also voted in the Shipping Oscars, which I encourage everyone to do, unless you want to awards for shipping fic author to go away.

If anyone wants a new fic recommendation let me know. ^ ^

There was a time where I also was a big fan of fluff and started reading fics from the end just to see if they had a happy ending. It didn't took long until it started to feel boring and unrealistic in everyway of the word.

I don't know why..but when you read a story that don't start and end perfectly and all lovey dovey but instead is a true story with disappointments, stupid decisions, regrets and sometimes redemption..you can really immerse in the story :). That's why I mostly love fics that despict real situations..so you can live it! :D Ha.

Yes, I couldn't agree more. It started out the exact same way for me too. Then after reading it for the one hundredth time I couldn't take it anymore. Real life is so much more interesting than that.

Ha, a pm friend of mine what kind enough to do this parody, after I ranted to her about the typical confession fic.

1. Age

This. People tend to forget they're kids. If we ever get anything it will some kind of flash foward epilogue like that weird movie trailer.

2. Money

How would they alienate the girl's fanbase? Not everyone ships them with Ash. From what I understand they think it alienate their target audience, the five to twelve year old boys who think girls are icky and romance is stupid.

3. It's been too long

I get it, but then I remember the way they brought Gary back from the character dead. They are the writers of the show and they can do whatever they want, whenever they want. That's he problem, while it's not likely, it's not impossible.

4. Ash's Disorder

Ash is named after Satoshi Tajiri, but I don't think he's based n him. For one, he fits a lot of what you would call the typical shounen hero, with some added personality so he wouldn't be a clone.

Secondly, when has he been seen as wanting to collect something? For a long time he failed at Gotta Catch 'em All, this was specifically mentioned in Season One. Gary was catching lots of Pokemon, and Ash only had a few that he bonded closely with. Professor Oak said this was a contrast of their personal styles. As for the badges, well when he gets them he compete in the League, hopefully win, and get closer to being a Pokemon master.

Ash isn't totally unempathetic either, he's related to people before, it's romance where he tends to fail.

Though if Pokemon were to take the after school special route, I always thought he'd have dyslexia. *shrugs* That's where he diverges fromt eh typical shounen stupidity, normally they have stupid moments, but I've never seen anyone screw up word meanings the way he does. Streaker, stalker? Preverse, reverse? In the japanese version of Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon, he mistook Roman for n (fruit).

His math is terrible too. In the tenth movie he resorted to counting on his fingers to figure out ten times ten.

But Pokemon isn't an after school special, so yeah.

She will try to be romantic, and he will fail duh. XD Okay, if he tried to do something, either his mom or Brock would give advice which he may not want to listen to. :p Or he would come up with something most likely involving Pokemon stuff. Misty would want the candleight dinner, but we all know how that would turn out. Or she would want the box of chocolates, or flower, but I have this this idea of them getting into a fight over sharing the box or him pulling flowers out of his mom's garden, so... I vote for the picnic. XD

Last edited:

Blessed

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
@Yoshi-kun, nice one shot. Just perfect for Valentine's Day (obviously me). I've been looking for a fanfic on V-day now that I've read one, it's good!

@(P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) Nice vids. I like the new one (the first one). Actually both were great, nice job on making them.:)

Last edited:
Ash is named after Satoshi Tajiri, but I don't think he's based n him. For one, he fits a lot of what you would call the typical shounen hero, with some added personality so he wouldn't be a clone.

Secondly, when has he been seen as wanting to collect something? For a long time he failed at Gotta Catch 'em All, this was specifically mentioned in Season One. Gary was catching lots of Pokemon, and Ash only had a few that he bonded closely with. Professor Oak said this was a contrast of their personal styles. As for the badges, well when he gets them he compete in the League, hopefully win, and get closer to being a Pokemon master.

Ash isn't totally unempathetic either, he's related to people before, it's romance where he tends to fail.

I agree with you, Ash indeed doesn't want to catch them all, he isn't a collector to fill a Pokedex, he's a battler who catches a few Pokemon and bonds with them. And not everybody with Asperger wants to collect everything of something. I collect Pokemon kid figures, and I don't gotta catch 'em all. I just want the Pokemon I really like, that's enough for me. And I have Asperger Syndrome.

I also agree with you about Ash not being unempathic. But that doesn't mean he can't have Asperger Syndrome. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't, I don't know. And not everybody with Asperger Syndrome is unempathic! I have Asperger Syndrome and I'm definitely not unempathic!

Ash doesn't fail at romance, who knows what Ash and Misty have said and done off-screen?

ok here it is.

here is my brand new one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKEZIx6645g&list=UUf8AsdJxL6_tYsMRJDpAH9A&feature=plcp

And here is my old one which half of you have already seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER51hyuWfPI&list=UUf8AsdJxL6_tYsMRJDpAH9A&index=3&feature=plcp

can you tell me which one is better plz

Both are equally awesome! I'm sorry, but I can't choose!