• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Hi everyone! Just stopping by to share something in the thread. I'm been away with posting here in the thread lately.. and I shouldn't really be here because I got exams..hehe. Oh well, here they are:)

[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/itakeonestepaway_zps25716138.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/andifindmyselfcomingbacktoyou_zps6dd688a5.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/myoneandonly_zps540578db.png[/IMG139]

Lyrics were from Your Song :)

@AquaMilotic: Oh that's nice. It's will help a lot for new participants to join in:) I'm glad there's still participants joining in, the more the merrier!XD I'll be able to vote without thinking about exams and college stuffs for awhile since that week will be our sem. breakXD

Thanks, I really hope they'll be able to do this in time. Good luck with everything!

Anyway, so I was thinking about this random question to bring back some little discussions around here: If Ash had encountered a mega evolution pokemon in Kalos and thought of giving it to Misty as a pokemon gift, what would it be and why? My head is currently saturated with stuffs and this one is pretty random. So I'll just live it here:)

Well, Mega Blastoise would make sense, that's the only Water-type Mega Pokemon. I don't see any other option there.

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
Hey guys. It's been a while since I posted in my very own topic. Which I apologize for. It's been a busy couple of years after I graduated college and started working for the games industry.

But, I bring a gift of consolation! I know a lot of people keep looking for the Satokasu doujinshi by the Vivid Kids circle. I've previously shared two of them, namely Chocolate Panic and Marine Girl. I've had the other three on hand (Orange Mail, Yumeirokibun, and Ready Go) but I hadn't had the time to scan them.

I just finished scanning and touching up Ready Go last night and I'm pleased to announce that it along with Chocolate Panic and Marine Girl are now available on my Dropbox. I also just did some raw scans of Orange Mail so expect that to be available sometime as well!

I haven't been here in a while so I'm not sure what the rules are for posting links to Dropbox folders. I guess I'll just put the link in my signature and link you guys to some sample pages:

http://i.imgur.com/ziK4GX1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WDm0Xxy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Vfxf8iK.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy and I'm sorry for not posting very often :(

Wow, did not think I would see you here again. Lol Glad to see you post here again. :)

If (a big if) Misty gets another cameo, how would you see it playing out in the Kalos region?

I'm surprised that no one has brought up Serena. I don't want to spend too much time talking about this since it isn't really PokéShipping related, but the recent preview of the XY anime heavily implies that Serena is (somehow) a childhood friend of Ash's. I can imagine Misty meeting her and being jealous of her childhood friendship with Ash. But then again, we really haven't seen how Ash and Serena interact with each other yet. I have my own theory about Serena, but here's not the place to talk about it. Plus it's slightly complicated and a moderately big stretch at least.

Swifty

Just uploaded Orange Mail on my Dropbox!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/d52db67f7b91325b1dca1a794ceeb76b/tumblr_mtlrhpJo701sj7963o8_1280.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/87c314ae81fc165a9d77c6dee8bcdc63/tumblr_mtlrhpJo701sj7963o9_1280.jpg

I got a enormous hoot out of the blurb at the end of this doujin. It mentions Misty's Song and talks about the lyrics. I never thought the Japanese fandom would notice dub exclusive additions. :p

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpziofq5yafm4y3/eOfSl-y9ks/Orange Mail

Wow, did not think I would see you here again. Lol Glad to see you post here again.
LOL, I'm surprised you didn't ask, "Who are you, and what coffin did you punch a hole through?" :D

Last edited:

Blessed

Just uploaded Orange Mail on my Dropbox!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/d52db67f7b91325b1dca1a794ceeb76b/tumblr_mtlrhpJo701sj7963o8_1280.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/87c314ae81fc165a9d77c6dee8bcdc63/tumblr_mtlrhpJo701sj7963o9_1280.jpg

I got a enormous hoot out of the blurb at the end of this doujin. It mentions Misty's Song and talks about the lyrics. I never thought the Japanese fandom would notice dub exclusive additions. :p

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpziofq5yafm4y3/eOfSl-y9ks/Orange Mail

LOL, I'm surprised you didn't ask, "Who are you, and what coffin did you punch a hole through?" :D

The famous Swifty whose debates slayed back in the 05-06 days. Loved reading those!! :D Thanks a lot for the doujinshi! They're very cute! ^-^

Melody93

<--Yay New me!

DarkerInstincts

Hello all,

I'm new here, and it may be rather foolish (YAY!) but my VERY FIRST post is on a thread with nearly 200 pages. :D

I've been a Pokeshipper for years now, and I think this -Ship has more evidence than any other (possibly other than RocketShipping, who knows).

Very quickly, here are a few things that stuck with me regarding Pokeshipping.

Awhile after Misty left, in the film Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker, Ash is having a conversation and mentions Misty, not by name, but as a friend who left and how he misses her every day. Let's be honest here - after a few YEARS, if this woman were just a friend, he wouldn't miss her every single day (in my opinion).

Plus, the multiple hints in the first series, such as when Ash dies in the Tower of Terror and Misty somehow feels his presence and worries - just before his ghost is reunited with his body, you can see Misty fighting tears while Brock hardly seems concerned. At this point in the writing, I almost feel like the writers were just messing with possibilities since the show was only planned to run one season.

Thoughts? I'm sure this has all been mentioned before somewhere. I didn't read all 179 pages...

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Oh, Pokeshipping. How I love you. Even though we're most likely not gonna see Misty for a while, but I'm remaining hopeful! Thank you for the doujin, Swifty. Those are super awesome. I really appreciate how Misty is still brought up from time to time, even if it's not a cameo. It's something, right?

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
PokéShipping is still the best shipping (in MY opinion) and I'm glad to see there are still so many supporters even though Misty has been gone for years now...
BTW she did appear in Ash's fantasy in the final episode of the BW series :D

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Oh, Pokeshipping. How I love you. Even though we're most likely not gonna see Misty for a while, but I'm remaining hopeful! Thank you for the doujin, Swifty. Those are super awesome. I really appreciate how Misty is still brought up from time to time, even if it's not a cameo. It's something, right?

Yeah. I have to say, out of all the girls over the pokemon seasons, I have always thought that Ash and Misty should be together. I liked the Pokemon chronicles episode that featured Misty as the hero, and one of her fears was being a failure in front of Ash (And Brock and pikachu too, but hey, we all knew she was really thinking about Ash XD).

Wow, did not think I would see you here again. Lol Glad to see you post here again. :)

If (a big if) Misty gets another cameo, how would you see it playing out in the Kalos region?

I'm surprised that no one has brought up Serena. I don't want to spend too much time talking about this since it isn't really PokéShipping related, but the recent preview of the XY anime heavily implies that Serena is (somehow) a childhood friend of Ash's. I can imagine Misty meeting her and being jealous of her childhood friendship with Ash. But then again, we really haven't seen how Ash and Serena interact with each other yet. I have my own theory about Serena, but here's not the place to talk about it. Plus it's slightly complicated and a moderately big stretch at least.

Well, because of the implied crush Serena has on Ash, I can see Misty getting really jealous, to the point of violence like in early Kanto. Or maybe Serena would be teasy like Melody. I don't think Misty gets a cameo in XY, but if she would and if it would be shippy, I can see this happening. We all know Misty has an anger problem, a short temper and can get violent (she almost threw a bike on Psyduck in "The Bridge Bike Gang"). She matured quite a bit in Johto, but if she feels like someone else is trying to seduce Ash, the temper will play up, like the moment with Macy during the Johto League. I think she'd act the way she acted towards Melody and Macy if Serena flirts with Ash and Misty sees it.

Having posted in a while! good to see this thread still going strong!

My entree for the PS contest:
http://melody1989.deviantart.com/art/PS-Contest-Underwater-CPR-Kiss-402638072

@swifty I remember you, thanks for the scans I've seen the others like: Ready go and Chocolate Panic that's so cool Misty's song was mentioned! it looks like there were flashbacks of Melody and Rudy in that one, if only those kind flashbacks would happen in today's anime. T-T

It's great to see your participation! You're an idol of me, as you know, and I think this is your best drawing so far, I think that says a lot about how awesome I think this is.

Yay, the new shipping mod is a PokeShipper! And yeah, at least her existence is acknowledged, that makes me happy, even though it's not enough...

PokéShipping is still the best shipping (in MY opinion) and I'm glad to see there are still so many supporters even though Misty has been gone for years now...
BTW she did appear in Ash's fantasy in the final episode of the BW series :D

Yeah, I'm glad PokeShipping is still alive. I also hope it will be alive for a very long time. I'll try to keep contributing by posting in this thread, doing fanart occasionally, and continuing my fanfic and writing new ones when it's finished.

New topic question, a very basic one, but now we have some people in here who didn't post here before, it might be nice to give them a chance to answer. Why do you support PokeShipping?

- I started supporting it at young age because of the very strong and convincing hints.
- Aside from that, I can also see the chemistry playing out nicely. Skiyomi once said it like this: Ash can pump a sense of optimism into Misty, while Misty can bring Ash some realism. And something I said about PokeShipping myself, which I see as "the beauty of PokeShipping": no matter how much Ash and Misty fight, they won't break up and will stay together, they'll find a way to get past it and forgive each other. Once they're together, they can't be separated anymore.
- Another reason why I support PokeShipping: Misty is my favourite character, I want her to be happy, and I think there's only one guy she could be happy with: Ash. I think Misty never felt even the slightest attraction to any other guy, and I think she never will.

To put it shortly: hints, chemistry and Misty.

Cro-Mag

- Another reason why I support PokeShipping: Misty is my favourite character, I want her to be happy, and I think there's only one guy she could be happy with: Ash. I think Misty never felt even the slightest attraction to any other guy, and I think she never will.

Exactly!! It just like i think. Misty is awesome and she is definetely my favourite character here. Don't want to see her sadness, she deserves the best. And there is one thing that sometimes comes to my mind... Sometimes i feel like writers who work on series now just don't remember first seasons themselves. They don't remember, for example, episode with Rudy. I am sure most of all in this thread remember who it is and what was in this episode. Speaking of myself, i saw it 1st time about 10 years ago, and 2nd time - last year. And before it i still remembered exactly what was going on there)) It was sooo nostalgic! As for writers, it seems once in a while (one time during 300 episodes approximately) somebody has an idea - "Oh, sometime ago there was one girl, her name was Misty (i think), and she was (and is) very popular. Lets add her as cameo, or whatever? Oh, you don't know her? Just believe me"
Something like that. Well, it's just my thoughts sometimes, so don't pay much attension))

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Why do you support PokeShipping?

Because it's the only ship that makes sense. Kidding. I think Ash x Misty is the original Pokemon pairing, which is why I've always supported it. I mean Ash and Misty are like the Adam and Eve of the Pokemon anime; they're an iconic duo/couple. I've been criticized in other threads for letting nostalgia cloud my judgment but I don't see why that should be a bad thing. I mean obviously the past plays a big part in why I support PokeShipping since that's when Ash and Misty interacted the most and there were more things supporting this ship in the past. Even though Misty is no longer in the cast (although I believe she made a brief cameo of sorts in the final BW episode while Ash was imagining his old friends), PokeShipping is really the only ship I can support because it's been the longest lasting Pokemon pairing ever and I have fond memories of both characters.

Announcement: I'm extending the contest deadline again for at least one week, to allow the last candidate to finish up her drawing.

Exactly!! It just like i think. Misty is awesome and she is definetely my favourite character here. Don't want to see her sadness, she deserves the best. And there is one thing that sometimes comes to my mind... Sometimes i feel like writers who work on series now just don't remember first seasons themselves. They don't remember, for example, episode with Rudy. I am sure most of all in this thread remember who it is and what was in this episode. Speaking of myself, i saw it 1st time about 10 years ago, and 2nd time - last year. And before it i still remembered exactly what was going on there)) It was sooo nostalgic! As for writers, it seems once in a while (one time during 300 episodes approximately) somebody has an idea - "Oh, sometime ago there was one girl, her name was Misty (i think), and she was (and is) very popular. Lets add her as cameo, or whatever? Oh, you don't know her? Just believe me"
Something like that. Well, it's just my thoughts sometimes, so don't pay much attension))

Yes, I think it's already sad enough for Misty that she had to give up her Togetic and that she's held back in her dreams because she's a Gym Leader against her will now, the least she deserves is finally having Ash as her boyfriend...

Well, I don't think that cameo will be there. Maybe Misty can keep getting mentions like she got in BW, but I'm afraid that's all we will get. Some PokeShippers say "Ash remembers Misty, that's so awesome!" I'm not a big fan of that mindset. Ash remembers even characters of the days if he sees them a second time, of course he didn't forget about Misty, despite the lack of mentions in DP and early BW. Whether he sees Misty as a friend or loves her, of course he wouldn't just forget about her.

I think he loves her, that he knows he feels something, but isn't able to realize and define what that feeling is.

Because it's the only ship that makes sense. Kidding. I think Ash x Misty is the original Pokemon pairing, which is why I've always supported it. I mean Ash and Misty are like the Adam and Eve of the Pokemon anime; they're an iconic duo/couple. I've been criticized in other threads for letting nostalgia cloud my judgment but I don't see why that should be a bad thing. I mean obviously the past plays a big part in why I support PokeShipping since that's when Ash and Misty interacted the most and there were more things supporting this ship in the past. Even though Misty is no longer in the cast (although I believe she made a brief cameo of sorts in the final BW episode while Ash was imagining his old friends), PokeShipping is really the only ship I can support because it's been the longest lasting Pokemon pairing ever and I have fond memories of both characters.

I do think it's the only Misty shipping that makes sense, and also the only Ash one, simply because of the sheer amount and strentgh of hints, with most of them NOT being dub-added. No offense intented, I just think those rival shippings lack solid hints. Yes, Ash saw Melody and Giselle as hot, I'm not happy with it, I admit it, but seeing them as hot isn't enough to make them serious rival shippings. Anyways, back to PokeShipping...

Yeah, some people think "he/she likes something old, so he/she is a nostalgic greak", that's the way some people treat me. Just because I like PokeShipping and not newer Ash or Misty shippings doesn't mean it's just nostalgia... I just support it because of its convincing hints (yes, those convinced me many years ago and those feel nostalgic, but I'd still be convinced by them if Iris was the OS girl and Misty the BW one), the chemistry (I already mentioned it in my last post) and the cuteness of a couple that bickers all the time, but with true love obviously being there despite that.

Last edited:

skitty_gurl213

Yeah for pokeshipping! I like this ship the best of all of them out there. I was wondering if it would be okay that I post a link with some pokeshipping stuff on here? I figure it is better to ask first then to post then see if it was okay.

Simply~Nicole

Hello everyone! I posted on here once before, forever ago. I've been really craving Pokeshipping discussion which doesn't happen as much as I would like on DA, which is understandable. So I'm hoping to get involved in this thread :)

I see the current question is why we as individuals support Pokeshipping. I will do my best to keep this short though I tend to get long winded xD.

Why I support it for Misty
Misty is, and always has been, my all time favorite Pokémon character! So of course one small aspect of it is that I want her to get the guy. But Ash is really good for Misty. When we meet her she had ran off from home. She doesn't appear to have had many friends and isn't respected at home. She was hotheaded, didn't share too many personal details about herself and is alone. Ash changed Misty's world forever after that. Over time and through him she got the adventure of a lifetime, a best friend, someone who respects her as a person and her talents, someone she can share those personal things with, someone who will protect her with his life, a rival in a positive sense (I think both Ash and Misty crave competition), someone who believes in her dreams, someone who wants to be around her and values her company, someone who will argue with her and not let that push them away, and someone who really, truly values her for who she is, Misty. How could she not fall for Ash, I mean he is like her hero from so many things. Not just from dangers but from things like loneliness. And I just love their story from her perspective. Ash came into her life as a perceived problem and huge hindrance to her goals (through the destruction of her bike then having to follow him) and ended up becoming the best thing to happen to her.

Why I support it for Ash
Misty has been an irreplaceable figure in Ash's life and a huge impact. Which is why we have things still like the lure and her on the queen of hearts card. She is still in his heart and thoughts. Misty started out as a mentor and teacher for Ash in a lot of ways. She helped him grow from a clueless trainer into the type of trainer that is changing their world. She believed in him, more through actions then words lol, when he was still a nobody just starting out. She helped build the foundation of what makes him the trainer he is. I think that alone is something Ash treasures dearly, shipping aside. Misty keeps his ego in check as well as keeps him grounded, even when he doesn't want to hear it. She fuels his competitive nature. Ash also tries hard to impress her, usually with battle skills, and this also helps drive him to be a better trainer. Misty not only supports Ash's dreams she takes in active part in helping to make it happen. That's what makes her special in this aspect. Misty cheers Ash up when he needs it, brings him down when he is too confident, she listens to his feelings and concerns and values his opinion. She has faith in his decision making and in him as a person. She doesn't smother him with it though if that makes sense. She allows him to do his own thing and forge his own path while actively being there should he need her. She was his first friend on this journey. Even gaining that friendship was a challenge for Ash since she didn't particularly like him initially. This is another reason why I think he treasures her. He had to work to get the relationship they do have. Kinda like with Pikachu. She shares his interests, his humor, his love for travel and adventure, she holds similar values to him. And a huge one is that she treasures his goal of becoming a Pokémon master like he does. Because of that she supports him doing what he has to do to make it happen. Misty wouldn't be the girlfriend to smother him and demand she be his only big priority. Ash needs a girl like Misty. I personally think Ash will never have another girl like Misty in his life, and he knows it, and knows she's special for it.

They are perfect for each other and I just love them!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
the chemistry (I already mentioned it in my last post) and the cuteness of a couple that bickers all the time, but with true love obviously being there despite that.

I'm still surprised that some people actually overlook the chemistry between Ash and Misty. I've watched all the original series episodes and there was so much going on between Ash and Misty during those episodes (sometimes they just bickered, but it was still something at least lol) that I'm really shocked that some people think there were no hints that supported PokeShipping. I mean I've yet to see anyone interact with Ash the way Misty did. It kind of breaks my heart knowing that PokeShipping doesn't get enough credit sometimes despite the rather obvious facts that are there. Alas, it's just one of those things that I have to tolerate.

I'm still surprised that some people actually overlook the chemistry between Ash and Misty. I've watched all the original series episodes and there was so much going on between Ash and Misty during those episodes (sometimes they just bickered, but it was still something at least lol) that I'm really shocked that some people think there were no hints that supported PokeShipping. I mean I've yet to see anyone interact with Ash the way Misty did. It kind of breaks my heart knowing that PokeShipping doesn't get enough credit sometimes despite the rather obvious facts that are there. Alas, it's just one of those things that I have to tolerate.

I believe no one has the right to discredit another ship, so if there's anyone not giving enough Pokeshipping enough credit....well it's their loss, not ours. (Oh btw, I support other ships too..but my feelings towards them are "Independent").

I will give you this: Ash and Misty had the best of the boy-girl interactions in the show. I loved the constant bickering between them despite their deep bond. Misty was one of the very few tsundere-ish characters I like. Ash once called her "Delusional" when she calls herself "Pretty". (I don't remember the actual scene.. but it was along those lines). They were a lively pair, I'll tell ya. And I honestly miss those interactions.

Last edited:

Orange_Flaaffy

Jello Pokéballs
For all the characters that have come and gone I just feel like Ash and Misty have that..certain something together. Call me a sentimental old-ish fool, but I feel like their story was only half written. Misty's journey was cut off by having her need to run the gym when it felt to me like she had grown beyond that role. And Ash always seemed to actually question his maturity and if something was a good idea when she was around making him take a good hard look at himself. Yes I agree that it may be a bit odd I'm thinking of the love lives of eternal ten and twelve year olds, but in my defence if they aged normally and were allowed emotional growth , they would be well within the ideal age for more than friends ideas about now...

bucklau

For all the characters that have come and gone I just feel like Ash and Misty have that..certain something together. Call me a sentimental old-ish fool, but I feel like their story was only half written. Misty's journey was cut off by having her need to run the gym when it felt to me like she had grown beyond that role. And Ash always seemed to actually question his maturity and if something was a good idea when she was around making him take a good hard look at himself. Yes I agree that it may be a bit odd I'm thinking of the love lives of eternal ten and twelve year olds, but in my defence if they aged normally and were allowed emotional growth , they would be well within the ideal age for more than friends ideas about now...

Yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's been so long since my original viewing of the original Ash/Misty/Brock arch, but in my heart for these past years, my feeling that they were so much more than what was portrayed has been lingering. I found a relevant tumblr post talking about this; about the writing, Pokeshipping, the character development of Misty etc etc. It's worth a read, since it sort of relates to your point. This is my first post, so I can't link anything but I can PM it if you want. If you wanna find it yourself, it's on the "allthingsmisty.tumblr" and is on page 32ish (since it could change by the time you ser this).

Lately though, it's been exploding again and I dunno, I have an obsessive personality and for the past week or so I've just been up and down with my emotions, I've been watching a ton of Pokeshipping AMV's and Pokeshipping moments on YouTube, and I frequent the Pokeshipping/Misty tumblr's. It's crazy! I need help! Lol...

One of my hopes is that, since we all know Misty's fondness of French related things, she'll make a cameo appearance in the new X/Y season, since the world is based on France. The way I see it, it's been a while, and Misty deserves a vacation from the Cerulean gym! Heck, Brock got a huuuuuge break from his duties since his Dad was a capable trainer. Who's to say that Misty couldn't help her sisters to be better trainers, and have them take over for a bit while she travels the world? It's about time she stuck up to them, imo. That'll give her the perfect opportunity to return to the series, go to France like she's always wanted, travel with Ash again like we've always wanted, and further my Pokeshipping obsession until the writers fail to provide any form of closure again!

Wait, that last part....uhhh, this is why I hate being a Pokeshipper lol.