• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
And my reason why i love Pokeshipping is

Ash and Misty is my fave Shipping even scene when i was 13 or 15...

i checked out allot of shippings pics

i like Ash and Misty.... i love that shipping now so much that's all i had to say

Oh Hello Bayleef10! Welcome to the thread. And that's a pretty cute art of yours:)

For Halloween: I don't celebrate it, I've seen Pokemon cosplay ideas. Pikachu and Togepi/Togetic would make most sense to me, but for the XY hype, XerneAsh and MistYveltal would be funny. xD

Yeah. I'm pretty laughing at myself when I think about it. I kinda think it'll be funny and hilarious yet cute when they tried cosplaying XY legendariesXD

Hello, PokeShippers! I'm here to announce the results of the PokeShipping Art Contest 2013! We've had four great participants, and I also want to thank all the people who voted for this contest. Anyways, it's time to announce the results!

1. Melody93
http://melody1989.deviantart.com/art/PS-Contest-Underwater-CPR-Kiss-402638072

2. Ashist_Wilketch
http://uta-makoto-chan.deviantart.com/art/PSThread-contest-entry-13-399350022

3. AquaMilotic
http://marvelscalemilotic.deviantart.com/art/Moonlight-399728987

4. Bayleef10
http://bayleef10.deviantart.com/art/PokeShipping-comic-time-contest-pic-411274233

Melody93, congratulations! You won the PokeShipping Art Contest 2013 and will be rewarded with a banner by Skiyomi!

Again, I want to thank all of you who participated or voted. Next year, I'll host this contest again, and hopefully, I can just do it in September without any delays like this year. I sincerely apologise for the delay we've had this year, it's my fault for not being harsh and strict enough. I especially admire how Ashist_Wilketch and Melody93 didn't complain about the delay.

Next year, in 2014, this contest will be back. From then and onwards, I won't participate anymore, but instead, the prize of the contest will be a drawing done by me.

Do you consider this contest to be a success or a failure?

I'd say both. We've had great artworks and a deserved winner. And it was very close, the difference between Ashist_Wilketch and Melody93 was very small. It was definitely exciting. But I'm still mad at myself for the delay, and for being a weakling.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
First of all, I'm glad I finally had an internet connection.. and before I go to classes I want to congratulate everyone who entered this small contest and also congratulation to miss Melody93 for winning, you really do deserve it! *throws confetti* :D

It was sure a success to me. Even there are only four entries, I think it's nice to be a part of this pokeshipping contest. Those fanarts were really great, and hopefully there will be more entries to come and more participants to join in next year.

~Ashist.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Mostly a success. I mean I'll be honest and say that I didn't even know that the PokeShipping art contest was even happening since I don't visit this thread that often, but I just saw the various artworks and I love them all. I really liked Melody93's artwork since it featured Misty as a mermaid (I loved the episode where she played a mermaid at the Cerulean Gym) and Ashist_Wilketch's entry was cute too; I loved that it was hand drawn and that Ash was wearing his XY clothes while Misty wore her AG outfit. I love little things like that. All the entries were great though.

First of all, I'm glad I finally had an internet connection.. and before I go to classes I want to congratulate everyone who entered this small contest and also congratulation to miss Melody93 for winning, you really do deserve it! *throws confetti* :D

It was sure a success to me. Even there are only four entries, I think it's nice to be a part of this pokeshipping contest. Those fanarts were really great, and hopefully there will be more entries to come and more participants to join in next year.

~Ashist.

Thanks. I hope so too. As I announced, I won't partiicpate myself anymore, but by hosting and doing the prize drawing, I'll remain involved.

Mostly a success. I mean I'll be honest and say that I didn't even know that the PokeShipping art contest was even happening since I don't visit this thread that often, but I just saw the various artworks and I love them all. I really liked Melody93's artwork since it featured Misty as a mermaid (I loved the episode where she played a mermaid at the Cerulean Gym) and Ashist_Wilketch's entry was cute too; I loved that it was hand drawn and that Ash was wearing his XY clothes while Misty wore her AG outfit. I love little things like that. All the entries were great though.

Thanks. I can understand why you didn't know: it was only the second time, the first time I hosted it was last year. I'm planning on hosting this in the thread every year. Anyways, thank you!

It's time for a new discussion question to get things back on-topic: What locations in Kalos would you like Ash and Misty to visit?

I know Misty will never be in Kalos, she'll never return to the anime and can't even leave the Gym for a few hours without her sisters handing out Badges for free, but if she could go away there for a few days and see Ash again, I'd like to see her and Ash in front of the Prism Tower. I once drew my girlfriend and me in front of it, it's really romantic.

Couriway Town would also be nice, because of all the waterfalls, I think Misty would like it a lot.

And of course it would be funny to see Misty in a Boutique while Ash has to wait and be bored and annoyed, I think Ash would hate having to enter stores with a girl who is clothe shopping. Misty won't be into clothe shopping as much as, for example, Dawn, but she could still enjoy it enough to be in the store for a while and annoy Ash, who has to wait until she's done and be bored.

And I know it's most likely not going to be in the anime, but oh well, none of this will happen in the anime anyways, so I could just as well mention it: it would be cool if Ash and Misty would go through Victory Road together, without Bonnie, Clemont and Serena. Then, if they have a rough time but make it, it could lead to some nice bonding time and maybe shippy interactions. Maybe this idea has one-shot fic quality?

And Ash and Misty entering the Battle Maison as a tag team would be cool as well, I'd like seeing them do some tag battles.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Thank you Charmed :) Indeed, I really liked Misty in her mermaid attire, I just wished there would be an episode where Ash is being forced to act as prince while Misty will act as the mermaid princess .

Oh yeah, I know it has been a week after Pokeshipping Day but still I want to greet a SUPER LATE POKESHIPPING DAY. (It seems we haven't mentioned or discuss about itXD)

[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/alkf_zpse01dbdc6.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/PicMonkeyCollage3_zps69eac8f7.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/PicMonkeyCollage_zpsf007fc91.png[/IMG139]

I haven't seen this before but it says that it's from Pocket Monsters Ohanashi 4. It's kinda nice thing to see this kind of merchandise stuff with them on it. I been seeing rarely about stuff featuring the two of them but seeing this is really a change of atmosphere, it's cuteXD

Thank you Charmed :) Indeed, I really liked Misty in her mermaid attire, I just wished there would be an episode where Ash is being forced to act as prince while Misty will act as the mermaid princess .

I have a oneshot about that, Ash acting as a prince in a mermaid play. And yeah, it would've been nice to see such a thing in the anime. It might've forced Ash to be romantic, and then he'd end up being clumsy and not understanding anything, Misty would get mad, and then we can have some cute arguing. xD

Oh yeah, I know it has been a week after Pokeshipping Day but still I want to greet a SUPER LATE POKESHIPPING DAY. (It seems we haven't mentioned or discuss about itXD)

As you know, I don't believe in PokeShipping Day because I think every day is PokeShipping Day for me if I want it to be, I'm not going to celebrate my OTP for one day in the year if I can do it every single day of the year if I want to, but anyways, happy late PokeShipping Day! xD

[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/alkf_zpse01dbdc6.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/PicMonkeyCollage3_zps69eac8f7.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/PicMonkeyCollage_zpsf007fc91.png[/IMG139]

I haven't seen this before but it says that it's from Pocket Monsters Ohanashi 4. It's kinda nice thing to see this kind of merchandise stuff with them on it. I been seeing rarely about stuff featuring the two of them but seeing this is really a change of atmosphere, it's cuteXD

Nice! It's nice to see the cute screenshots again, and about the text: well, I think this friendship should become love. The love is already there, now Ash just needs to realize it and not end up with another girl, and then the friendship will be a relationship.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I have a oneshot about that, Ash acting as a prince in a mermaid play. And yeah, it would've been nice to see such a thing in the anime. It might've forced Ash to be romantic, and then he'd end up being clumsy and not understanding anything, Misty would get mad, and then we can have some cute arguing. xD

Oh yeah, I think I remember that you wrote something about it. I should really give it a try reading it, yeah I'll read it.
I could imagine that either. If that happens, I really think he would try to act like one but disregarding any teasy moments others would think about them..other than that I really miss their arguments..

Nice! It's nice to see the cute screenshots again, and about the text: well, I think this friendship should become love. The love is already there, now Ash just needs to realize it and not end up with another girl, and then the friendship will be a relationship.

Well, love started with that bond called friendship right? Anyways, it was just a quite I got from a text message, I thought it was a good note to put into the bannerXD

Oh yeah, I think I remember that you wrote something about it. I should really give it a try reading it, yeah I'll read it.
I could imagine that either. If that happens, I really think he would try to act like one but disregarding any teasy moments others would think about them..other than that I really miss their arguments..

Well, love started with that bond called friendship right? Anyways, it was just a quite I got from a text message, I thought it was a good note to put into the bannerXD

The title is "Misty, The Mysterious Mermaid", the link is in my signature. I feel a little uncomfortable talking about it in the thread, I don't want to be advertising, but I had to mention it because you said that about Ash being the prince in a mermaid play.

Yeah, true, it is a good quote for the banner.

I also have a new topic question: If Ash and Misty would meet Bonnie and Clemont, could you see that leading to shippiness?

I'd say yes, in two ways:
- Bonnie could see Ash and Misty have feelings for each other and tease them about that.
- Bonnie could try pairing Clemont up with Misty, causing Ash to get furious, and mad at Clemont, and that while Misty probably wouldn't be even the slightest bit interested in Clemont. Yeah, jealousy sure angers Ash.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
If Ash and Misty would meet Bonnie and Clemont, could you see that leading to shippiness?

I'm not sure with Clemont but I do agree on Bonnie's side. I could see Bonnie teasing Ash with Misty and starting asking him ''who is Misty for him?''. I could also imagine Clemont stopping Bonnie about the teasing yet at the same time he could be suspicious about their relationship or something like that.

If Ash and Misty would meet Bonnie and Clemont, could you see that leading to shippiness?

I'm not sure with Clemont but I do agree on Bonnie's side. I could see Bonnie teasing Ash with Misty and starting asking him ''who is Misty for him?''. I could also imagine Clemont stopping Bonnie about the teasing yet at the same time he could be suspicious about their relationship or something like that.

Could you also see Bonnie trying to pair Misty up with Clemont, and Ash getting mad, even though Misty probably doesn't have the slightest interest in Clemont and even though Clemont probably won't be interested in Misty? I think that would be funny. We know how jealous Ash can get, we've seen it on the Orange Islands.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Could you also see Bonnie trying to pair Misty up with Clemont, and Ash getting mad, even though Misty probably doesn't have the slightest interest in Clemont and even though Clemont probably won't be interested in Misty? I think that would be funny. We know how jealous Ash can get, we've seen it on the Orange Islands.

Hmm.. I could imagine that is could happened as well and Misty and Clemont will suddenly freaked out. I'm not really thinking that Ash would ever get mad about it, but I could imagine him saying to himself, ''What about me?''or probably something near-the-jealousy-side of him.

I was watching this mep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ODyTfB2jE,and I can't deny the feels XD :_:

PattyLj

Hi guys, im new to this forum!

I've loved pokemon since i was about 8, i remember at the time i actually thought misty and brock were supposed to be together, haha! Well that was a bit unrelated but anyhow, I started watching pokemon again about two weeks ago for nostalgia sake and i fell in love with pokeshipping so hard its messing up with my actual love life. so i figured, might as well talk about it to other pokeshippers! so here i am :)

also, I have not seen any of the series past the 5th season, so after misty left. I still cant believe she left, im actually heartbroken, and I have done SO much research on her returning its insane. I guess she's never coming back :( although, from Bulbapedia:

"Former director and storyboard artist of the Pokémon anime, Masamitsu Hidaka, stated in an interview that Misty will not return as a main character in future seasons, but she will continue to make guest appearances from time to time like she has in the past. He also mentioned Contests in connection with Misty, although the translator neglected to mention what was meant by this."

Do any of you know what was meant by the mentioning of Contests? I hate to get my hopes up. Also he did say she'll make guest appearances. What do you guys think about that?

Lastly, again might be unrelated, I hope you forgive me: anyone else bothered by how ash changed visually by now? as in, the animations are so different. I feel like theyre not even the same person, and I'd really like to see misty next to him, you know, just so I'd be reassured its still Ash (without her, who knows?) :p

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

skitty_gurl213

Lastly, again might be unrelated, I hope you forgive me: anyone else bothered by how ash changed visually by now? as in, the animations are so different. I feel like theyre not even the same person, and I'd really like to see misty next to him, you know, just so I'd be reassured its still Ash (without her, who knows?) :p

He looks a little goofy with the new animation. I don't know what would best describe the appearance. lol

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Hi guys, im new to this forum!

I've loved pokemon since i was about 8, i remember at the time i actually thought misty and brock were supposed to be together, haha! Well that was a bit unrelated but anyhow, I started watching pokemon again about two weeks ago for nostalgia sake and i fell in love with pokeshipping so hard its messing up with my actual love life. so i figured, might as well talk about it to other pokeshippers! so here i am :)

also, I have not seen any of the series past the 5th season, so after misty left. I still cant believe she left, im actually heartbroken, and I have done SO much research on her returning its insane. I guess she's never coming back :( although, from Bulbapedia:

"Former director and storyboard artist of the Pokémon anime, Masamitsu Hidaka, stated in an interview that Misty will not return as a main character in future seasons, but she will continue to make guest appearances from time to time like she has in the past. He also mentioned Contests in connection with Misty, although the translator neglected to mention what was meant by this."

Do any of you know what was meant by the mentioning of Contests? I hate to get my hopes up. Also he did say she'll make guest appearances. What do you guys think about that?

Welcome to the thread fellow Patty:)

Although that statement seems to be quite long ago, Misty haven't appeared or does not have her cameo during DP. But it's nice to know that we got to see her lure in DP, and got to see her in some flashbacks and a little mention in BW. I'm still curious though if ever Ash still have the lure and handkerchief with him during his journey from region to region? haha. Oh well.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Welcome to the thread fellow Patty:)

Although that statement seems to be quite long ago, Misty haven't appeared or does not have her cameo during DP. But it's nice to know that we got to see her lure in DP, and got to see her in some flashbacks and a little mention in BW. I'm still curious though if ever Ash still have the lure and handkerchief with him during his journey from region to region? haha. Oh well.

I do hope the Misty lure shows up again. I think there was a fishing episode in BW, but I don't remember if Ash had the Misty lure during that. Anyway, there are plenty of opportunities for it to appear again in the future. I normally wouldn't put much emphasis on an object, but I think it's cute that Ash still carried it with him even in DP. It's a sign of his friendship with Misty and it's like a good luck charm for him. Since Misty herself doesn't appear anymore outside of flashbacks, it would be nice to see Ash make a reference about her through the Misty lure.

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
I do hope the Misty lure shows up again. I think there was a fishing episode in BW, but I don't remember if Ash had the Misty lure during that. Anyway, there are plenty of opportunities for it to appear again in the future. I normally wouldn't put much emphasis on an object, but I think it's cute that Ash still carried it with him even in DP. It's a sign of his friendship with Misty and it's like a good luck charm for him. Since Misty herself doesn't appear anymore outside of flashbacks, it would be nice to see Ash make a reference about her through the Misty lure.

Man, I really do hope that lure makes a cameo somewhere a long the XY series...
Serena would probably be jealous lol

Swifty

So it's funny you guys posted about the lure because I recently wrote some thoughts about it:

I used to not think this was a Pokeshipping hint for a while but there are certain things about this episode I noticed that changed my mind. I didn’t give it a second thought until that time I discovered that the Japanese Satokasu fandom considered this a hint themselves.

What’s interesting about this episode is the purpose of the Lure in terms of what the writers intended. It wasn’t a device that helped Ash’s progress in the Sinnoh League. It definitely didn’t help Ash or Dawn catch Buizel. In the end, it was Dawn’s plain-jane lure-less fishing rod that instigated Buizel’s presence. That means the entire written purpose of Misty’s Lure in the episode was to be held hostage by Buizel. There was no point to show it other than to simply evoke an emotional response from Ash.

And emotional response did it evoke. In the dub’s dialogue, he goes, “Wow! At least my lure is still in one piece”. There’s some concern in that line but it doesn’t sound too invested, that perhaps Ash is focused on getting back at Buizel but getting the lure back would be okay too. Whereas his dialogue in the original track is much more emotionally invested in comparison. In the Japanese track he makes a very audible gasp of relief and then goes "Aa yokatta!" ("Thank goodness!" or "What a relief!"). The original track definitely confirms that Ash’s concern for Misty’s lure was a significant priority in his mind.

The above combined with Ash vehemently refusing to let Dawn borrow the lure shows that this episode went suspiciously above and beyond what it needed with Misty’s lure to move the story forward. Once holistically evaluated with Ash and Misty’s history and background together, it becomes really hard to believe that the powers that be didn’t innocuously consider the connection fans would be making if this wasn’t their intention.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Man, I really do hope that lure makes a cameo somewhere a long the XY series...
Serena would probably be jealous lol

That would be interesting to see that again, and the lure still being in new condition would mean he really would've made an effort to take care of it.

Serena would have to get some background info on the lure first, and then we could see what goes through her head afterwards :D