• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I do hope the Misty lure shows up again. I think there was a fishing episode in BW, but I don't remember if Ash had the Misty lure during that.

Yes,actually he didn't use it or what so ever. I was hoping to see it there, I hope he still gonna use it but sadly nothing happened nor the lure wasn't even shown in that episode.

Man, I really do hope that lure makes a cameo somewhere a long the XY series...
Serena would probably be jealous lol

I do too, and I probably think Serena's gonna be a whole lot curious and continues to ask Ash about the lure. XD
I still wanted to see the lure even it's mean that it's not Misty appearing directly.

I used to not think this was a Pokeshipping hint for a while but there are certain things about this episode I noticed that changed my mind. I didn’t give it a second thought until that time I discovered that the Japanese Satokasu fandom considered this a hint themselves.

I'm not 100% sure if that Misty lure was a hint or not but I'm glad to know that the Japanese fans were able to considered it as a hint, that's interesting.And I kinda like the fact how Ash responded about seeing the lure unharmed and undamaged perhaps.

Armored Mewtwo

Unrepentant Pokefan
Misty is... interesting.

When I began playing Pokemon, I was younger than Ash, and he was the cool kid I looked up to. I think Misty was the first girl that I ever had a crush on. There was just something cool about her. And while having grown, I can say it probably had less to do with her personality and more with her outfit, that has never stopped my desire to see her and Ash hooked up. Ash has grown up a lot over his journey. Or at least he is a far cry from the boy who had a metapod battle with a Samurai which apparently lasted for hours.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Misty is... interesting.

When I began playing Pokemon, I was younger than Ash, and he was the cool kid I looked up to. I think Misty was the first girl that I ever had a crush on. There was just something cool about her. And while having grown, I can say it probably had less to do with her personality and more with her outfit, that has never stopped my desire to see her and Ash hooked up. Ash has grown up a lot over his journey. Or at least he is a far cry from the boy who had a metapod battle with a Samurai which apparently lasted for hours.

Some reason I had suspected something would've been going on with these two even before watching the anime. Had some NP issues with the first few episodes in a comic strip. Even today, still read some fanfiction on pokeshipping.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Misty is... interesting.

I only got into PokeShipping because of Misty's personality. She was so dynamic and her arguments with Ash were funny to watch. She was a ticking time bomb of emotions most times and totally unpredictable too, but that's why I loved her; I thought she was the opposite of Ash in some ways since he was usually calm compared to Misty. I thought they were the perfect couple and I still have hope for them to be honest. It's hard for me to visualize Ash with anyone other than Misty.

Nodame

Misty <3
I only got into PokeShipping because of Misty's personality. She was so dynamic and her arguments with Ash were funny to watch. She was a ticking time bomb of emotions most times and totally unpredictable too, but that's why I loved her; I thought she was the opposite of Ash in some ways since he was usually calm compared to Misty. I thought they were the perfect couple and I still have hope for them to be honest. It's hard for me to visualize Ash with anyone other than Misty.
Ah! that's excatly how I feel! this is why pokeshipping is very special to me till this date! I just can't get over it no matter how much I try...It's really heartbreaking for me to even imagine Ash with anyone else other than Misty </3

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing

Lots of petty arguments at first, then you see their friendship develop. Don't really argue much from Goldenrod City afterwards. They actually do a lot of tag team finishes and copying poses. Misty I think copied a lot of Ash's poses. Almost thought Togepi was pretty fond of Ash, but not enough interaction to be sure of that.

Like the Sick Daze episode; amazed that really no arguing, actually worked together pretty well while Brock was sick. Even with that awful stew, amazed that Ash didn't start throwing out the insults, really managed to keep calm while Misty may have been trying to start an argument with him. And even as he was right on the stew being horrible, still no insults.

SacredAsh

i fail to see how there can be any other shipping than this one.I mean I am not even a huge fan of misty. But the ash and misty dynamic is just amazing. Seriously pokemon would be glorious if it ended with Ash and Misty getting married. Some even claimed that is what the japanese trailer of the first pokemon movie implied with a girl there possibly being Misty's daughter with Ash.. Please let misty x ash be true end. Much better than satosere. The best way to end pokemon is to reference the beginning.

JL_01

I was really surprised with the flashback in the seventh episode of the XY series, where Ash used his handkerchief to bind up Serena's knee wound. It was probably the most emotional/shippy moment I've seen since the old days when Misty was still around, and it's got me interested in the anime again. I'd love to see Ash do the exact same thing later on in the season if Serena gets hurt, but unwittingly use the handkerchief Misty gave him instead of the one Serena gave him. It'd definitely lead to some interesting developments, and we might see Misty appear again if only in a flashback.

Swifty

That would be really cute and sad at the same time. Serena's a really sweet character. It would be really gut wrenching to see her heart get broken like that. But then again, if she's ever to figure out that Ash may have feelings for someone else, it might be subtle enough to give her a clue.

Just don't tell her you danced with Misty at the Summer Festival Ash!

Last edited:

Lorde

Ah! that's excatly how I feel! this is why pokeshipping is very special to me till this date! I just can't get over it no matter how much I try...It's really heartbreaking for me to even imagine Ash with anyone else other than Misty </3

I know what you mean. I've multi-shipped for a few years just for fun, but I haven't been able to abandon PokeShipping because the relationship between Ash and Misty seems so natural to me. Maybe it's just nostalgia since I watched the anime from the beginning when Ash and Misty traveled together, but no other pairing compares to Ash/Misty in my opinion. I haven't given up hope that they'll meet again either; maybe there will be some kind of 20th anniversary special in the anime in a few years and Misty will show up.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Yep, pretty much grew up with Pokeshipping. Always that bit of nostalgia when thinking about it. Saved a bunch of my favorite Pokeshipping fanfictions to read in spare time. Nice to see what they're like when in OOC mode.

Swifty

You know, the 15th anniversary book for the Pokemon movies, which was released in Japan about a year ago, had a small blurb about Ash and Misty. Credit for the photos go to Chatsy.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/44c3946cd8ad71d6317a2b0a133969a8/tumblr_mmhmx6XOnJ1s2paxto6_1280.jpg

The caption under Melody and Misty says ”フレーラにサトシとの間柄を聞かれ、焦る”. I got my friend to interpret it and it means “She was in a hurry to change the subject when Melody asked about Misty’s relationship with Ash.” I guess that tells you how much Pokeshipping was in Pokemon 2K if it deserved a mention. It's nice that Pokeshipping gets a reference in such a recent publication, a Japanese one at that.

Lorde

You know, the 15th anniversary book for the Pokemon movies, which was released in Japan about a year ago, had a small blurb about Ash and Misty. Credit for the photos go to Chatsy.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/44c3946cd8ad71d6317a2b0a133969a8/tumblr_mmhmx6XOnJ1s2paxto6_1280.jpg

The caption under Melody and Misty says ”フレーラにサトシとの間柄を聞かれ、焦る”. I got my friend to interpret it and it means “She was in a hurry to change the subject when Melody asked about Misty’s relationship with Ash.” I guess that tells you how much Pokeshipping was in Pokemon 2K if it deserved a mention. It's nice that Pokeshipping gets a reference in such a recent publication, a Japanese one at that.

That's really great. I heard a lot of people say that the original Japanese version of the second Pokemon movie didn't have that many PokeShipping hints and that most of them were added to the English dub, but this at least proves that there were moments when Ash and Misty's relationship was brought up even in the original version. I'd really like to see the original version of that movie because it seems a lot more accurate. I just wish I could understand Japanese so I could translate all the dialogue that was about Ash and Misty for myself.

Swifty

I have a copy of the movie with the subs. It's about as shippy as the dub. In fact the line where Misty goes "Ash is never alone cuz he's got me" was "That guy is my burden" in Japanese which adds a lot more significance to Misty's relationship to Ash.

Misty is... interesting.

I've been unfairly accused of a Misty crush by some people... Apparently, being male and being a fan of a female character makes some people think me x Misty is one-sided canon...

I can see why, I like how Misty loves Ash, but is still an interesting character on her own. I also really hope no rival shipping becomes canon... If PokeShipping survives the XY saga (and the ones after that), my off-screen hope is high, I have no illusions about Misty appearing again anymore...

Lots of petty arguments at first, then you see their friendship develop. Don't really argue much from Goldenrod City afterwards. They actually do a lot of tag team finishes and copying poses. Misty I think copied a lot of Ash's poses. Almost thought Togepi was pretty fond of Ash, but not enough interaction to be sure of that.

Like the Sick Daze episode; amazed that really no arguing, actually worked together pretty well while Brock was sick. Even with that awful stew, amazed that Ash didn't start throwing out the insults, really managed to keep calm while Misty may have been trying to start an argument with him. And even as he was right on the stew being horrible, still no insults.

You just inspired me for a thread question, thanks for mentioning Misty's awful cooking capabilities! xD

If Ash and Misty would travel together with no third character in the group, which of the two would cook?

I'd say Ash, Misty showed to be incapable of cooking. In my journey fic "Aquatic Passion", Ash cooks, Misty knows she can't cook.

Yep, pretty much grew up with Pokeshipping. Always that bit of nostalgia when thinking about it. Saved a bunch of my favorite Pokeshipping fanfictions to read in spare time. Nice to see what they're like when in OOC mode.

Well, why nice to see them out of character? Wouldn't you rather see them stay in-character? If I want to read about Misty, I don't want to read about someone named Misty who behaves completely different than Misty. Then, I want to read about that red-haired girl who loves Ash, has an anger problem, is romantic and wants to become a Water Pokemon Master.

Thanks! It's nice to see that!

That's really great. I heard a lot of people say that the original Japanese version of the second Pokemon movie didn't have that many PokeShipping hints and that most of them were added to the English dub, but this at least proves that there were moments when Ash and Misty's relationship was brought up even in the original version. I'd really like to see the original version of that movie because it seems a lot more accurate. I just wish I could understand Japanese so I could translate all the dialogue that was about Ash and Misty for myself.

Um... Most hints are in the original too... The idea of PokeShipping being dub-only is a stupid rumour, probably started by some PokeShipping-hater who exaggerated the truth, and people who don't know about what's dub-added or not probably saw it, believed it and spread the rumour even further... I despise this rumour, it devaluates PokeShipping's hints and causes people who don't know about what's dub-added and what's not to believe things that just aren't true... And that while most hints are in the original too.

I'd say about 5% of the hints is dub-only, the rest is real and original. But it also depends on what you count as hints. Some people count friendshippy moments, I only consider moments that truly imply more than friendship, that happened in the anime or movies, and where Ash and/or Misty shows a hint. So not compliments or caring about each other, those things are things friends can do. Not Misty's Song, it was not in the episodes itself (by the way, it's made by the dubbers). Not Tracey seeing Ash and Misty as a couple, because Tracey saying it doesn't make it true. What makes that moment a hint is the fact that Ash and Misty freaked out in a way that implies that they knew Tracey was right. And moments that are hints to me are things like physical attraction and jealousy, things that indicate more than friendship, they undeniably indicate attraction.

Cro-Mag

Wow, it's really great! It brings a lot of memories about this movie, which i guess is the most Pokeshipping ever. There are a lot of such "interesting" moments in it. Such a nostalgia... Personally, i think that first movies are the best, but as for Pokeshipping, that movie with Melody is no doubt number one. I immediately start to remember, for example, moment when Misty saves Ash from the sea, or events at the festival... Yes, it was great times... Thanks for the post)
P.S. I somehow was denied to quote the whole post, sorry.

Swifty

If Ash and Misty would travel together with no third character in the group, which of the two would cook?
I can definitely picture Ash learning how to cook out of necessity. Ash can be a really practical guy and I think he could know the bare minimum to make a passable meal, nothing as opulent as Cilan's cooking or the comfort of Brock's cooking.

And yeah, from what Misty showed in Sick Daze, she doesn't evoke much confidence in being able to make an edible meal. Maybe you can just chalk it to inexperience. But I do remember reading a blurb on the Japanese Wikipedia entry for Pokeani Kasumi that she thinks cooking is a man's job. So maybe that supports Ash being the one to cook among them.

Though I do see if Misty were to be able to cook, she would be more concerned with cooking the most nutritious meal, not necessarily the tastiest meal. I could see that incentivizing Ash to be the one that cooks in the family. :p

Ash.mx

I can totally see Misty thinking cooking is a man's job ha, so I think Ash would be the one up for the task, tough I don't know how well that will turn out...

Oh man, Pokemon 2k, good ,good times, I remember a teacher took my class ( I was at elementary school) to watch the movie at the theater(yep, he was that cool lol) The movie was great, and the moment when Misty said those lines and decided to go save Ash... it was priceless... it was even applauded by the crowd no kidding. We expected her to declare her feelings to him after that , but nothing happened in the end. : ( I wasn't into shipping then, but it was obvious those two lovebirds would end up together.

To be honest,as much as I love the new entries of pokemon, it just doesn't compare to the same feeling of discovering this new pokemon world for the first time. Some part of me still think the anime should have ended a long time ago. With Ash winning the league, and of course, SatoKasu coming to a reality in the end. That would have avoided so many problems later, and everyone would have been happy IMO. But that's nostalgia talking for me.

Shipping is not my cup of tea anymore, but I admit I'm regaining interest with XY (mainly for SatoSere I admit). I know I could go and search for them on my own, but I don't like to go blind and since I don't have much time to read one by one, I'd would like to know if you are kind enough to share some of your favourites one-shots with me. I'm aware some people here do write ,right? so please don't mind selfpromoting lol , but It'd be best if they don't include heavy OOC if possible. Thank you. : )

I know I could go and search for them on my own, but I don't like to go blind and since I don't have much time to read one by one, I'd would like to know if you are kind enough to share some of your favourites one-shots with me. I'm aware some people here do write ,right? so please don't mind selfpromoting lol , but It'd be best if they don't include heavy OOC if possible. Thank you. : )

Well, I think Skiyomi's fics are awesome, she's my favourite author on here. Here are the links to her PokeShipping stories:
- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ent-(Oneshot-Pokeshipping-amp-Rocketshipping)
In this oneshot, Ash and Misty participate in a tournament together.
- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?477007-The-Kingdom-of-Illusions-(Pokeshipping)-Complete
A multi-chaptered fic in which the Mirage Kingdom is in trouble. Why? Find out by reading it.
- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-Swim-(A-Collection-of-Pokeshipping-Oneshots)
This is a thread with different oneshots by Skiyomi.

I don't think my fics are that good, but I'll still provide you links, in case you might be interested. I think I'm not that good, but readers liked it. My readers were mostly just anime fans in general, not just PokeShippers. Anyways, here they are:
- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?564466
Aquatic Passion, multi-chaptered fic with 42 chapters, in which Ash and Misty are 16 years old and travel through Johto as a couple.
- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?595896-Misty-The-Mysterious-Mermaid&highlight=
In this oneshot, Misty is in desperate need of money to buy food and survive, so she organizes a mermaid play to get a big amount of money in just one day. And guess who will be the prince?
- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-(PokeShipping-drabble-collection)&highlight=
My drabble collection. Four of them are meant to be cute and romantic, the other one is just there for humorous purposes.

I also included longer fics that aren't one-shots. I know you asked for one-shots, but maybe you, or someone else reading this would still end up getting interested in a longer fic.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
I can totally see Misty thinking cooking is a man's job ha, so I think Ash would be the one up for the task, tough I don't know how well that will turn out...

Oh man, Pokemon 2k, good ,good times, I remember a teacher took my class ( I was at elementary school) to watch the movie at the theater(yep, he was that cool lol) The movie was great, and the moment when Misty said those lines and decided to go save Ash... it was priceless... it was even applauded by the crowd no kidding. We expected her to declare her feelings to him after that , but nothing happened in the end. : ( I wasn't into shipping then, but it was obvious those two lovebirds would end up together.

To be honest,as much as I love the new entries of pokemon, it just doesn't compare to the same feeling of discovering this new pokemon world for the first time. Some part of me still think the anime should have ended a long time ago. With Ash winning the league, and of course, SatoKasu coming to a reality in the end. That would have avoided so many problems later, and everyone would have been happy IMO. But that's nostalgia talking for me.

Shipping is not my cup of tea anymore, but I admit I'm regaining interest with XY (mainly for SatoSere I admit). I know I could go and search for them on my own, but I don't like to go blind and since I don't have much time to read one by one, I'd would like to know if you are kind enough to share some of your favourites one-shots with me. I'm aware some people here do write ,right? so please don't mind selfpromoting lol , but It'd be best if they don't include heavy OOC if possible. Thank you. : )

I have to look to see if I've saved any of my favorite pokeshiping fics. Ranging from K to M rated fics. And some of the ones I've read before are quite good, still read them from time to time.