• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Why do you think most of the biggest hints are dub-only? All the jealousy moments are in the original, most physical attraction is in the original, the way Ash cried when Misty left while not crying about the other girls leaving is in the original, the denial moments like the cage scene and Lugia movie moment are in the original...

Don't you think the dubbers are lying to their viewers? The moments they add are not real... I hope you won't see this as a personal attack, I'm just asking out of interest.

I just meant that some of their biggest moments for me were dub-only moments that the dubbers made for whatever reason. I haven't watched too many Japanese episodes, but I have visited Dogasu's site and I've read his episode comparisons and it seems like some of the more interesting Ash and Misty interactions were invented by 4Kids. I personally don't mind that 4Kids often ad-libbed like that, because at least it seemed like they cared about Ash and Misty's future, and if they still dubbed the anime, they would probably have Ash mention Misty some more imo.

Swifty

I just meant that some of their biggest moments for me were dub-only moments that the dubbers made for whatever reason. I haven't watched too many Japanese episodes, but I have visited Dogasu's site and I've read his episode comparisons and it seems like some of the more interesting Ash and Misty interactions were invented by 4Kids. I personally don't mind that 4Kids often ad-libbed like that, because at least it seemed like they cared about Ash and Misty's future, and if they still dubbed the anime, they would probably have Ash mention Misty some more imo.
Um, are you kidding me? The biggest Pokeshipping hints were all in the original Japanese dialogue as well:

- Ash gawking at Misty in the summer festival.
- Misty admitting to Melody that Ash is her burden. (She says Ash isn't alone because he's got her in the dub)
- Misty having to choose Ash over Rudy.
- Ash being flustered over Misty's attention towards Rudy.
- Ash being jealous of Misty's attention towards Danny.
- Team Rocket accusing them of eloping. (They actually took out them accusing Ash and Misty of eloping in the dub)
- Misty being jealous of Macey.
- Misty saying that she won't date Tsutomo because there's someone else she likes.

4Kids' dub added hints were really minor in comparison to what the original writers wrote in and they honestly just supported something that was already proven.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
Why do you think most of the biggest hints are dub-only? All the jealousy moments are in the original, most physical attraction is in the original, the way Ash cried when Misty left while not crying about the other girls leaving is in the original, the denial moments like the cage scene and Lugia movie moment are in the original...

Don't you think the dubbers are lying to their viewers? The moments they add are not real... I hope you won't see this as a personal attack, I'm just asking out of interest.
" Pokeshipping is mostly dub" <<< that's what SOME jealous rival shipping say to make themselves feel good :) lol just ignore them :p
all of you have to understand this

Last edited:

Lorde

" Pokeshipping is mostly dub" <<< that's what SOME jealous rival shipping say to make themselves feel good :) lol just ignore them :p
all of you have to understand this

If that's supposed to be directed at me, I'd like to clarify that that's not what I meant at all. I've supported PokeShipping for years so I'm not "jealous" of PokeShipping; I only meant that 4Kids had a knack for giving the viewers a bit more PokeShipping hints than the original version did. The biggest such example being Ash's reference to Misty in the 6th Movie dub which I'm 99.9% sure wasn't in the original version. There were other made up hints like that in the main anime too (I just don't have all the episode comparisons in front of me lol). I wish I could understand Japanese so I could make a precise list of 4Kids-only PokeShipping hints.

IcyWish

Puella Magi
Hi I'm new here, so since you're discussing dub hints I'll tell you the ones I know (from the top of my head).

- The Heartbreak of Brock: When Misty says, "You and I will be married someday too." In the Japanese version, Misty actually remarks that Temacu likes Brock, which makes Ash go "Wha?!"
- Jirachi Wishmaker: When Ash is telling Max how he has a friend that he misses very much, but he knows they'll be friends forever. Ash is actually telling Max that for Jirachi, it could be hundreds of years, but for them, only a day... well something like that... maybe it's the other way around. =.=;

And then there's the Gotta Catch Ya Later! ep. Misty's goodbye song and the scenes shown during the song are all of 4kids' doing.
And 4kids have also removed hints from the sub and replaced them with friendship talk, etc. So I guess there aren't many hints from 4kids (well, big ones).

And sorry if you guys know all this stuff... I've only read through this page ^.^;

It's Christmas where I live now, so merry Christmas, fellow PokeShippers!

http://marvelscalemilotic.deviantart.com/art/MERRY-CHRISTMAS-421897700
Here's a Christmas drawing I made for PokeShipping, what do you all think of it?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?623599-Merry-Christmas-(PokeShipping)
Here's a small Christmas oneshot!

Does anyone else have some PokeShipping Christmas fan work?

I just posted my links.

What would you like to see Ash and Misty do on 25 December?

I'd love it if Ash visits the Gym, has a nice dinner with Misty, and then distracts her sisters so Misty can escape the Gym. Then, they should travel together. With no one else around, it might be easier for Misty to try to make Ash understand love, so he realizes his feelings and start a relationship with her.

IcyWish

Puella Magi
It's Christmas for me, too! Merry Christmas fellow Pokeshippers =D ★★
I dont know how to quote, so...
What Ash and Misty would do.... well there'd have to be some party with everyone invited, and then Ash would take Misty somewhere as a surprise (since Brock insisted ^.^) afterwards. Of course, Ash would be his usual dense self, which might irritate Misty. But they'd enjoy their time together before Ash goes off on another journey.

Last edited:
It's Christmas for me, too! Merry Christmas fellow Pokeshippers =D ★★
I dont know how to quote, so...
What Ash and Misty would do.... well there'd have to be some party with everyone invited, and then Ash would take Misty somewhere as a surprise (since Brock insisted ^.^) afterwards. Of course, Ash would be his usual dense self, which might irritate Misty. But they'd enjoy their time together before Ash goes off on another journey.

You can quote by clicking "Reply With Quote" below every post.

Well, do you think Misty can go? Her sisters would give away Badges for free if that happens... Sad...

What do you think of the idea of Ash visiting Misty as a surprise? If Misty can't come to Ash, Ash will have to come to Misty.

Do you think Brock would organize a party to try getting Ash and Misty together?

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Wow, What did I miss? I feel like I've missed a lot of discussion here lately. I'm happy that somewhat this thread gets some discussion too:)Welcome IcyWish! Glad to meet you and joined in the discussion:)

@AquaMilotic: Nice oneshots, and that's one adorable fanart:)

Does anyone else have some PokeShipping Christmas fan work?
Haven't really made graphics of some sorts, but here's a fanart I made:
[IMG139]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/Ashist/Photo0151_zps86d44066.jpg[/IMG139]

All I can think about is seeing them reunite, have a reunion. May Misty spending time with Delia in Ash's house for Christmas, or perhaps Ash visiting her in the gym and surprises her with a present, or maybe Ash took Misty on a trip to Kalos and there they'll celebrate Christmas something like thatXD I'm really having weird and hyped ideas lately,XD

Once again, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

IcyWish

Puella Magi
Thanks and I'll look forward to posting here :)
I would think that Misty would be allowed to to travel with Ash but I can imagine Misty's sisters wanting her to stay, with Daisy letting her travel.

Oh and I think Misty will return soon... idk, I just have this feeling, since Serena used to live in Kanto... hmm... ., plus itd be like she' a new character, since the new generation of Pokemon fans wont know her •w•

Lorde

I'd like for them to spend Christmas together which would be an ideal situation. I mean that's always a day for friends and family, and I wish Misty could visit Ash's home in Pallet Town and spend the day with Ash. I'd like for them to open presents and do other holiday activities (like getting caught underneath the mistletoe lol). I personally don't celebrate Christmas so it's a little hard for me to give a detailed description of what Ash and Misty would do on Christmas, but that sounds festive.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Hey! I'm just popping in to say how cute Satoshi and Kasumi's interactions were in OS. I am currently re-watching the OS episodes and I can't help but miss their funny interactions (bickering, teasing) with one another. Even though I am not a PokeShipper, I still think they are cute lol.

fenniken

fire master
What name whould you give there kid ashly or ashimyy mish mistley mistum kasushi satosu

IcyWish

Puella Magi
Um, what? Oh... if Ash and Misty had a child? If it's a girl, I'll go with Amber. As for a boy... Emerald? XD I'm thinking of Misty's eyes... (they aren't emerald)

IcyWish

Puella Magi
I've got a new topic...
In the episode Pokeball Peril, how would Ash and Misty react if they saw each other blushing in the cage? (Since they turned their heads away just before blushing)

It happened at the end of the episode, when Misty was pondering to herself after successfully becoming a Gym Leader. It's a minor change, but quite significant.

To quote Dogasu:

"And here's a rather surprising change:

Misty: (thinking to herself) "Ash...Brock...I know you can't hear me, but I did it! I'm a Gym Leader! And you were right. I was able to do it on my own!"

Originally, Kasumi only addressed Satoshi during this scene; in other words, 4Kids made this moment less shippy by adding Brock into the mix! If that doesn't convince you that this special wasn't dubbed by the same people who usually do the TV series, I don't know what will."

(Source: Dogasu)

I lol'ed at what he said here for some reason. Normally, Dogasu just nitpicks the crap out of very minor as well as often infinitesimal edits and changes, IMO, though: most of his reviews are just "5 seconds were cut from this/added from this"/"the kanji on this sign was painted over with this or erased" and generally things of that nature, but this was actually a good point he brought up. I never could figure 4Kids out: sometimes they added PokeShipping hints in that weren't in the Original Japanese Version (e.g. M06's dub, where Ash talks to Max about remembering Misty), while sometimes they removed them as well (like in Chronicles Ep. 6)-- I'm not really a fan of altering the source material in any media, period, but in this case it balanced itself out for the most part and it didn't really hurt anything overall.

Add to that there's no continuity in the whole Pokemon Anime anyway at this point. I mean, Ash aged in the Pikachu and Pichu Special and became 11, but in BW001, he became 10 again: he was never older than 11 at any point, though, apparently (smh). Plus, many older traveling companions are pretty much just replaced like yesterday's garbage every 3-4 years as well, so...the anime itself has several problems with it now, unfortunately.

On that note, I honestly have to say I actually liked 4Kids as far as Pokemon goes despite their numerous flaws, and I really think they did better than PUSA/TPCi when it comes to dubbing the anime into English: honestly, I don't even watch the English dub of the anime anymore post Season 8 because of how much the quality of the voice acting, script writing, and dub music has declined since the dub production changed hands and went in-house. *sighs*

Last edited:

IcyWish

Puella Magi
I lol'ed at what he said here for some reason. Normally, Dogasu just nitpicks the crap out of very minor as well as often infinitesimal edits and changes, IMO, though: most of his reviews are just "5 seconds were cut from this/added from this"/"the kanji on this sign was painted over with this or erased" and generally things of that nature, but this was actually a good point he brought up. I never could figure 4Kids out: sometimes they added PokeShipping hints in that weren't in the Original Japanese Version (e.g. M06's dub, where Ash talks to Max about remembering Misty), while sometimes they removed them as well (like in Chronicles Ep. 6)-- I'm not really a fan of altering the source material in any media, period, but in this case it balanced itself out for the most part and it didn't really hurt anything overall.

Add to that there's no continuity in the whole Pokemon Anime anyway at this point. I mean, Ash aged in the Pikachu and Pichu Special and became 11, but in BW001, he became 10 again: he was never older than 11 at any point, though, apparently (smh). Plus, many older traveling companions are pretty much just replaced like yesterday's garbage every 3-4 years as well, so...the anime itself has several problems with it now, unfortunately.

On that note, I honestly have to say I actually liked 4Kids as far as Pokemon goes despite their numerous flaws, and I really think they did better than PUSA/TPCi when it comes to dubbing the anime into English: honestly, I don't even watch the English dub of the anime anymore post Season 8 because of how much the quality of the voice acting, script writing, and dub music has declined since the dub production changed hands and went in-house. *sighs*

I remember that. I like 4kids. Well, the voice actors. And I'm okay with the fact 4kids added hints, but that's what makes shippers (the other Ash shippers) think that Pokeshipping is just all 4kids added. *Sigh*. And Ash's current dub voice sounds... I dunno, I just prefer the 4kids version o.o. And I don't really like the whole "replacing Ash's companions every few years". Especially Misty, since she hasn't been seen in an episode (besides flashbacks and ops and eds) about 7 years ago. TT^TT

I remember that. I like 4kids. Well, the voice actors. And I'm okay with the fact 4kids added hints, but that's what makes shippers (the other Ash shippers) think that Pokeshipping is just all 4kids added. *Sigh*. And Ash's current dub voice sounds... I dunno, I just prefer the 4kids version o.o. And I don't really like the whole "replacing Ash's companions every few years". Especially Misty, since she hasn't been seen in an episode (besides flashbacks and ops and eds) about 7 years ago. TT^TT
Agreed very much: shame about Misty not appearing outside of flashbacks and the like. :(

Last edited:

Lorde

I've got a new topic...
In the episode Pokeball Peril, how would Ash and Misty react if they saw each other blushing in the cage? (Since they turned their heads away just before blushing)

They would probably be embarrassed, which was implied given that they looked the other way when they blushed. They obviously didn't want each other to see their reactions, so they must've been eager to hide their feelings. It was a cute moment and I loved that they were all alone (meaning that Brock wasn't with them). It seemed kind of romantic until Team Rocket's scheme obviously. Still, that was one of my favorite PokeShipping moments, even if it was such a small thing.

101stkillah

They would probably be embarrassed, which was implied given that they looked the other way when they blushed. They obviously didn't want each other to see their reactions, so they must've been eager to hide their feelings. It was a cute moment and I loved that they were all alone (meaning that Brock wasn't with them). It seemed kind of romantic until Team Rocket's scheme obviously. Still, that was one of my favorite PokeShipping moments, even if it was such a small thing.

Hence why I loved the ship; it was the little things that mattered the most ^_^. I imagine that if they had seen each other, they would have blushed harder.