• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Welcome!
Ash would have a lot to say, but what about Misty? 'Hey Ash, I beat generic Lass and Bug Catcher for the umpteenth time.' Not much of a convo. She might have to talk about the time she spends with Tracey. That's a conversation I'd love to hear.
She could talk about her gym leader life, whats going on with her sisters, or she could talk about Tracey. Agreed, I'd be interested in hearing that convo too..

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I mean, the ratings won't change that much because most Misty fans still watch the show (also me) it would tweak the ratings a bit, but not a whole lot. I agree, I just want Misty back for the interactions with Ash and plus I liked her character so much! She was spunky and unique.....and made for Ash.

"Made for Ash" is pretty much how I would describe Misty lol. I mean there have been a lot of female characters on the show that I've liked, but none of them quite "clicked" with Ash the way Misty did in my opinion. Although I might just be very biased because Misty was the original female traveling companion lol. Either way, Ash and Misty were a match made in heaven, even when they were at each other's throats.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
mmm that doujin about Valentine's Day could be "Chocolate Panic!"?
Yup, that one is it...I was able to have someone translate that one along with the one where he's older and he has a 16 year old Misty. Still finding translations for Orange Mail and Ready, Go!

"Made for Ash" is pretty much how I would describe Misty lol. I mean there have been a lot of female characters on the show that I've liked, but none of them quite "clicked" with Ash the way Misty did in my opinion. Although I might just be very biased because Misty was the original female traveling companion lol. Either way, Ash and Misty were a match made in heaven, even when they were at each other's throats.

I would probably agree perfectly. Their dynamic even gives me the butterflies, because of how some people say Serena's "Ash's Dream Girl." I would argue and say Misty is "The girl made for Ash." Yeah, that's the title.

Lorde

In my opinon Misty and Ash dont even have to end up together in this season we just need Ash not to end up with any other girl and maby a hint or two since we havnt had on in a long time,as 4 the canon we have that original japanese 1. move trailer .

Yeah, it's not like we need much to keep supporting the pairing. As long as Ash stays single, there will always be hope for PokeShipping in my opinion. Misty might appear in the future at some point and when she does I'm sure we'll get some more PokeShipping hints. I personally make due with the current lack of hints by watching old episodes from OS just to rekindle my interest in the ship. I wonder how other people cope?

koliko123

Banned
Yeah, it's not like we need much to keep supporting the pairing. As long as Ash stays single, there will always be hope for PokeShipping in my opinion. Misty might appear in the future at some point and when she does I'm sure we'll get some more PokeShipping hints. I personally make due with the current lack of hints by watching old episodes from OS just to rekindle my interest in the ship. I wonder how other people cope?
I most often rage on amorshipping sights to let the stres out im curently ban 4 a week i was select1122 before loool,but i dont think any girl will end up with Ash since thay are kinda all 10 and he does live on a diferent kontinent (misty is a exception) so the best anyone can hope 4 is a image or flashforward sceen where ash is older and with some1.BTW we pokeshippers already have that, so 4Q othar shipps hahahaha.....

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Oh hello Hakajin! Been a long time posting here huh? Nice to ya here in the thread. Also, it's nice to see the discussion over here.

I agree. I personally want them to share or talk with each other about their ''crush'' things and to how they feel towards Ash rather than being rivals for love. Also I thought of them being good friends over all. It would be more interesting to how will Ash greet Misty if ever she came to Kalos. Seeing development for those two in Kalos would rather be interesting if ever Misty would appear again in the show.

On the other note. Valentine's coming. I hope you guys don't mind if I bring a side topic/s:)
Can you see Ash making Valentine chocolates for Misty?
How do you think Ash and Misty will greet each other on V-day?

Oh, thanks!

Well, the thing is... ok, I'm about to talk literary theory here. Characters only exist in our perception; their feelings and thoughts are really our feelings and thoughts. Really, there are as many versions of a character as there are people who encounter them. They'll be similar since we work on a system of shared signs, but different according to our own differing experiences.

So, for me, Misty doesn't hate Serena or anything, but the idea of a girl who likes Ash travelling with him is upsetting for her. And I'd imagine Serena would feel the same way about a girl with so much history with Ash. So I don't see them as having an antagonistic relationship, but they'd still be wary with each other. It might bubble over into conflict under duress. But ultimately, what I really want to see is them bond over loving the same person.

As for Valentine's Day, that always centers around Misty for me, since it's only the girls giving guys chocolate in Japan...

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Oh, thanks!

Well, the thing is... ok, I'm about to talk literary theory here. Characters only exist in our perception; their feelings and thoughts are really our feelings and thoughts. Really, there are as many versions of a character as there are people who encounter them. They'll be similar since we work on a system of shared signs, but different according to our own differing experiences.

So, for me, Misty doesn't hate Serena or anything, but the idea of a girl who likes Ash travelling with him is upsetting for her. And I'd imagine Serena would feel the same way about a girl with so much history with Ash. So I don't see them as having an antagonistic relationship, but they'd still be wary with each other. It might bubble over into conflict under duress. But ultimately, what I really want to see is them bond over loving the same person.

As for Valentine's Day, that always centers around Misty for me, since it's only the girls giving guys chocolate in Japan...
Thats what makes Armourshipping so interesting. I know it might seem "depressing" that Serena is the new partner in love with Ash, but I looked on the bright side.Who knows, maybe they used that plot to have Misty appear in that. You're right though. Misty probably has an idea about Serena and is heartbroken that a female companion is with Ash who likes him. She probably is worried that they might end up together and doesn't want anything to happen to Ash's love life. You're also right with Serena, if she ever did know about Misty, she'd be annoyed. I mean Ash and Misty had the most history and most real hints and if Serena knows that a whole bunch of people were foreshadowing that Ash and Misty would end up together, she wouldn't like that lol.
The valentines story is interesting too. Wish they had an episode based on it.
P.S I really like how this thread is very active! No tedious activity so that's great.

IcyWish

Puella Magi
Thats what makes Armourshipping so interesting. I know it might seem "depressing" that Serena is the new partner in love with Ash, but I looked on the bright side.Who knows, maybe they used that plot to have Misty appear in that. You're right though. Misty probably has an idea about Serena and is heartbroken that a female companion is with Ash who likes him. She probably is worried that they might end up together and doesn't want anything to happen to Ash's love life. You're also right with Serena, if she ever did know about Misty, she'd be annoyed. I mean Ash and Misty had the most history and most real hints and if Serena knows that a whole bunch of people were foreshadowing that Ash and Misty would end up together, she wouldn't like that lol.
The valentines story is interesting too. Wish they had an episode based on it.
P.S I really like how this thread is very active! No tedious activity so that's great.

I was thinking that about Armourshipping, although I'll admit I was depressed when I first found out that Serena had a crush on Ash. With the introduction of Serena being a "childhood" friend of Ash's (when really, they met at some camp and didn't know each other all that much).

What I find interesting is that Kalos is based off France, and you know that Misty has always wanted to go to France, so... lol. But Serena being labelled as the childhood friend makes me think of Misty- probably because she was Ash's first female companion. I'd like to have the two of them meet and become good friends, although there'll be some sort of tension, though very slight.
I agree- Ash and Misty had the most real hints, but of course it's not canonical or anything, just biased. And lol yes, Serena wouldn't be a happy person knowing that. Why, she'd probably steal Misty's mallet :S.

(And I'm aware that this was a reply to Hakajin- I just had my own thoughts as well! ^.^)

This thread sure is active~ though I haven't posted here lately...

Has anybody noticed pokemon is doing a lot of things to get back old fans like readapting the "gotta catch em all" phrase, making a new short with brock, making mega evolutions of the kanto starters and making them as a second starter. there a lot of these. Mabye the could bring back misty for a short or episode to?

koliko123

Banned
Has anybody noticed pokemon is doing a lot of things to get back old fans like readapting the "gotta catch em all" phrase, making a new short with brock, making mega evolutions of the kanto starters and making them as a second starter. there a lot of these. Mabye the could bring back misty for a short or episode to?
Yes thay admited that thay are doing that so hat is why i am hoping Misty will appear so much i would also like to point out that thay are using some sceens from the OS like ash turning his cap when frowing the pokeball (witch hasent happend since OS) than we have Mew,maga evolutions,brock,his charzard so it is reasonable to think Misty will appear + thay do have a mega gyardos evolution (great chace 4 misty)... BTW i actualy think only serena has feeling for ash and not the othar way around this is allso comfirmed in the oficial relationshipp chart.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140201063824AAfdh22

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I was thinking that about Armourshipping, although I'll admit I was depressed when I first found out that Serena had a crush on Ash. With the introduction of Serena being a "childhood" friend of Ash's (when really, they met at some camp and didn't know each other all that much).

What I find interesting is that Kalos is based off France, and you know that Misty has always wanted to go to France, so... lol. But Serena being labelled as the childhood friend makes me think of Misty- probably because she was Ash's first female companion. I'd like to have the two of them meet and become good friends, although there'll be some sort of tension, though very slight.
I agree- Ash and Misty had the most real hints, but of course it's not canonical or anything, just biased. And lol yes, Serena wouldn't be a happy person knowing that. Why, she'd probably steal Misty's mallet :S.

(And I'm aware that this was a reply to Hakajin- I just had my own thoughts as well! ^.^)

This thread sure is active~ though I haven't posted here lately...
And that's why I find Armourshipping interesting to Pokeshipping. I don't care how old Ash was stated in BW I still think him being 10 is illogical and that he's aged much longer. 16 or so. Also, if they're focusing on his childhood then that's where Misty would come in because IMHO I feel like she was the biggest female impact on his life.
Most of this is the english dubbers doing, but the Kanto starters and Brock chronicles could be indicating a hint that Misty would come in too, but we can't really know for sure.
Yes thay admited that thay are doing that so hat is why i am hoping Misty will appear so much i would also like to point out that thay are using some sceens from the OS like ash turning his cap when frowing the pokeball (witch hasent happend since OS) than we have Mew,maga evolutions,brock,his charzard so it is reasonable to think Misty will appear + thay do have a mega gyardos evolution (great chace 4 misty)... BTW i actualy think only serena has feeling for ash and not the othar way around this is allso comfirmed in the oficial relationshipp chart.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140201063824AAfdh22
True this. However, we will never know who Ash will ever like, but I will argue that he has shown feelings to Misty. Also, it's pretty obvious that Serena has a crush on Ash....and I'm sorry but Yahoo Answers! is never a reliable source. You'll need better resources.

Lorde

To be fair, the special episode where Brock appeared was more of a Cilan episode anyway, so I doubt that it's hinting at Misty's return. I mean I wish she would return so that PokeShipping could pick up where it left off, but I doubt that Misty's return was hinted at just because of that special episode. I personally think that if she does return, it'll most likely be at the end of XY when Ash returns to Pallet Town. Hopefully my theory comes true.

koliko123

Banned
True this. However, we will never know who Ash will ever like, but I will argue that he has shown feelings to Misty. Also, it's pretty obvious that Serena has a crush on Ash....and I'm sorry but Yahoo Answers! is never a reliable source. You'll need better resources.
true ,true but we pokeshippers can preaty much be happy if he doesent end up with anothar girl since we can always argue that the original japanese trailer for the 1. movie shows that our shipp is canon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
To be fair, the special episode where Brock appeared was more of a Cilan episode anyway, so I doubt that it's hinting at Misty's return. I mean I wish she would return so that PokeShipping could pick up where it left off, but I doubt that Misty's return was hinted at just because of that special episode. I personally think that if she does return, it'll most likely be at the end of XY when Ash returns to Pallet Town. Hopefully my theory comes true.
I know, I was actually expecting an Iris episode where she meets Misty because they are a little bit alike. But no. I'm pretty sure she would make another appearance one day, and XY needs to be the day. (when he returns to Pallet.)

koliko123

Banned
There were more hints actualy like mega gyrdos ,kalos beeing france themed (misty always wanted to go to france),mew ASO...

koliko123

Banned
I know, I was actually expecting an Iris episode where she meets Misty because they are a little bit alike. But no. I'm pretty sure she would make another appearance one day, and XY needs to be the day. (when he returns to Pallet.)
Iris already has a unaired special anounced but i have no info about it i just keep hearing it online

Lorde

If the writers wanted to add more tension in XY, they could always have Misty return to be Serena's "love rival." I didn't want that to happen originally, but as long as it gets Misty more involved in the plot and close to Ash again, it would be a good scenario in my opinion. I'd rather have Misty return in mid-XY if possible than to wait 2-3 years for Ash to return to his hometown.