• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Heiccu

Pokéathlete
To be honest, even though I'd love to see it again, I doubt we would see it. Seeing her cameo as a lure isn't that fulfilling at the moment since I'm hoping for an in the flesh cameo instead.
Yeah, like I said couple of posts above, I don't feel too optimistic about that Ash will pull out the lure. There of course may be good chance for that but it's up to anime creators and writers if they planned to use that opportunity. Of course I'd prefer Misty to appear personally but for now I'll manage with just a mention of her, as I think she won't return to series anytime soon.

Anyway it would be great if Ash still has the lure somewhere hidden in his pockets. Then he kinda would always have Misty by his side in some way, like he said in 'Gotta catch ya later' when he was fighting against Team Rocket and lent Pikachu the handkerchief Misty gave him.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
To be honest, even though I'd love to see it again, I doubt we would see it. Seeing her cameo as a lure isn't that fulfilling at the moment since I'm hoping for an in the flesh cameo instead.

The Misty lure appearing would still be preferable over no Misty reference at all imo. At this point I'd even take some small reference to her like that because at least it would show that Ash still remembers her despite all his travels. I know he thought about her at the end of BW, but I'd still like for him to make a reference to her in the XY saga itself and the fishing episode is the perfect time imo.

The Misty lure appearing would still be preferable over no Misty reference at all imo. At this point I'd even take some small reference to her like that because at least it would show that Ash still remembers her despite all his travels. I know he thought about her at the end of BW, but I'd still like for him to make a reference to her in the XY saga itself and the fishing episode is the perfect time imo.

LOL If I had to choose between the two, it would be her lure of course! xD Some type of mention would be good enough for me over none at all. :)

Poke-Girl9

You guys are getting my hopes up :( It would be really nice if the lure did appear, but I'm personally trying my best to not get my hopes up. I don't think the writer's would do a double take. But it is possible. We have to wait an entire month before that episode airs. I agree with the consensus in that I really don't think Misty will make a cameo in person, so I really am looking forward to any reference as well.

Has there been fishing episodes in BW? I haven't watched any of the DP and BW episodes.

Last edited:

Heiccu

Pokéathlete
Has there been fishing episodes in BW? I haven't watched any of the DP and BW episodes.

There was a fishing competition in one episode in BW. If my memory serves right, Ash and co. had to use provided equipment instead of their own so had Ash planned to use Misty's lure, he probably even wasn't allowed to.

Ash really would have had some other opportunities to show his lure, as Cilan as a "fishing connoisseur" has a special lure of his own. It would have been hilarious to see them compare their lures and see which one is better.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Well even if there's nothing that's blatantly related to PokeShipping, just seeing Ash and Misty together would be good. I wish that we still got Chronicles episodes like we did in AG since those would allow Misty to appear at least. She would likely appear on her own, but she could make references to Ash at the very least which would show how much she misses him. Alas, the only special episodes that we get these days are about recent characters. :x

That Slowpoke thing was interesting; I didn't even remember that until now. I think it showed that Ash values Misty's safety which is why he helped her get out of the way from danger. It was very chivalrous and gallant of him and I'm glad that there were little hints like that throughout Johto, which I thought was generally devoid of PokeShipping hints most of the time.
Right? Gee, I have some other pokeshipping pics that many people don't really point out.
So, if Ash has Misty's lure what will he say about it? Will he take it out and show his companions?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Tbh I doubt Ash will even bring out his Misty lure or even mention her. The fishing lure scene from DP seems to have been a one time thing, otherwise it would have happened again by now. Besides I think that another fishing lure scene would be rehashed and unoriginal. If we were to get a Misty and a possible Poke shipping scene, I'd like to see something more original.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Tbh I doubt Ash will even bring out his Misty lure or even mention her. The fishing lure scene from DP seems to have been a one time thing, otherwise it would have happened again by now. Besides I think that another fishing lure scene would be rehashed and unoriginal. If we were to get a Misty and a possible Poke shipping scene, I'd like to see something more original.

True point, but I've always loved that lure.. She will obviously get a mention but I wonder show it'll be like. Whether it's her lure, handkerchief, or just mentioning her out of nowhere I still hope we get either some pokeshipping or some flesh..

IcyWish

Puella Magi
True. I don't expect much with any Misty cameos, mentions (by that, I mean the lure), but I do hope it.
If XY created some sort of opening for Misty to come back (probably at the end of the series, with those extra episodes- remember that Cilan and Brock episode?), I'd be happy.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
True. I don't expect much with any Misty cameos, mentions (by that, I mean the lure), but I do hope it.
If XY created some sort of opening for Misty to come back (probably at the end of the series, with those extra episodes- remember that Cilan and Brock episode?), I'd be happy.
I hope so too, I'm getting sick of the mentions. It's screaming "BRING MISTY ALREADY" we haven't seen her in FOREVER. She just needs to come back and hopefully have another impact on pokeshipping

Lorde

Unless Misty appears in-the-flesh in XY, I don't think there's anything original that the writers can do with her at this point. They can make a reference to her later, but it would probably seem forced. I wanted the Misty lure to appear in the upcoming Magikarp episode because it's about fishing, which is relevant to the lure, so a reference to Misty from that would seem a lot more natural than Ash randomly mentioning her in some other setting. I just want Ash to remember Misty; they were good friends and I always thought that Ash cared for her more than he cared about any other girl.

And if Ash does mention Misty, I hope it's not a dub only thing. I really disliked that the dub edit of Jirachi the Wish Maker had mentioned Misty but in the original Ash didn't even speak of her. It's things like that that get me pressed. But in the end, I did like that they mentioned her even though it started some confusion.

Lorde

And if Ash does mention Misty, I hope it's not a dub only thing. I really disliked that the dub edit of Jirachi the Wish Maker had mentioned Misty but in the original Ash didn't even speak of her. It's things like that that get me pressed. But in the end, I did like that they mentioned her even though it started some confusion.

Well I don't watch the dub of the XY episodes so if there is a Misty reference later on, I would like for it to be in the original version too. I think the writers themselves should realize that character mentions like that are good for keeping fans interested in the anime. I would personally be really happy if Ash mentioned Misty and it would make me respect the writers more and I'd watch the anime regularly in the hopes of seeing more Misty references.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

But that was with 4kids. The other dubbing company didn't really care about shippings so they wouldnt do that. I feel you on the Jirachi thing. I liked it at first, but then I disliked it...

But that was with 4kids. The other dubbing company didn't really care about shippings so they wouldnt do that. I feel you on the Jirachi thing. I liked it at first, but then I disliked it...

The other dubbing company, TPCi, clearly doesn't care about a lot of things 4Kids did, IMO: I for one liked the dub hint in M06, and even then, Ash was acknowledging Misty being one of his close friends. It doesn't necessarily have to be interpreted as a romantic statement when he discussed her as being his friend, after all-- better than when Satoshi was just generically talking to Masato about nothing of the sort, in fact.

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
The other dubbing company, TPCi, clearly doesn't care about a lot of things 4Kids did, IMO: I for one liked the dub hint in M06, and even then, Ash was acknowledging Misty being one of his close friends. It doesn't necessarily have to be interpreted as a romantic statement when he discussed her as being his friend, after all-- better than when Satoshi was just generically talking to Masato about nothing of the sort, in fact.

Of course I liked 4kids and I loved how they were Pokeshippers. The thing is I hate when non pokeshippers make it look like 4kids pushed Pokeshipping especially because of M06. And I disliked the reference because it got me so hype about Pokeshippers when I found out it was just a dub. Lol

Poke-Girl9

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I remember that one of you guys posted some pics of Ash and Misty that were cute but not very popular, I hope other people can show us some of their favorite screenshots! Even if they are well known, it's just nice to see screenshots right? :)

I can't figure out how to to show the image here but this is the direct link http://25.media.tumblr.com/615750432f82a3efc25f069e13cea170/tumblr_n1p23joWRs1sj7963o3_r1_1280.png it's a cute picture isn't? Ash and Misty!!!
I agree! This was the episode on what I was talking about. While Jigglypuff was singing, Ash was sitting next to Brock, on the other side. Then afterwards he's next to Misty...hmmmm...

Heiccu

Pokéathlete
Yeah, it was actually pretty interesting that almost every time Jigglypuff sang the group to fall asleep, Ash and Misty manage to get close or even on top of each other even though they originally were standing several meters away. Maybe that was just little teasing from animators' side, I don't know.

Speaking about Pokeshippy moments that I don't often hear or read talking about. The first one that comes to my mind is the episode "Tentacool and Tentacruel". There was that one scene where Tentacruel caused that huge tsunami and Ash leaded Misty away from it by holding her hand. Later in the same episode Ash got a bit worried about Misty, since she suddenly disappeared to stop Tentacruel. Overall all the moments where Ash showed even tiniest bit of concern towards Misty were very cute.

What really got me was also that particular scene in "Here comes the Squirtle Squad" where Ash returned back after bying Pikachu's potion in the city. But when he got back to the cave where the Squirtle Squad with Meowth and others were supposed to be waiting for him, it was empty. Ash got extremely concerned about Misty and thought that something bad happened to her. Actually in the Japanese version Squirtle threatened to execute Misty if Ash didn't come back in time. The dubbed version of that scene was kinda.. weird because of the dialogue change but any way, I myself consider that as quite a big hint from Ash's side, because he pretty rarely shows huge concern or even some kind of fear of losing his friend. Besides, he got very angry at the Squirtle squad for doing something like that to Misty even though he came back in time as promised, and he wasn't as worried about Pikachu as he was about Misty, at least in the Japanese version.