• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Moonlight Starlight

Well, yeah, we didn't have a whole lot of competition then. I get the impression that Amour is most popular in the current Pokemon community, while Poke is more popular outside it. I do think Amour will remain popular, though, since there's absolutely no other way you can interpret Serena's feelings. And because she actually kissed him.

I'm a pokeshipper still here and I like to say one thing is that Ash did got a kiss on the side of the left cheek by Melody during back Pokémon movie 2000.So Serena's not the only one or hers came first.

I'm a pokeshipper still here and I like to say one thing is that Ash did got a kiss on the side of the left cheek by Melody during back Pokémon movie 2000.So Serena's not the only one or hers came first.

Ash also got kissed by Latias in that other movie, Ash was kissed three times...But two of the other times was in movies.

Movies are debatable if they are canon or not, Melody never got mentioned again and Latias didn't really appear again

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Unfortunately I don't think I believe that. DP had the one-off appearance of Misty's lure as an easter egg, BW had her appearing in the Charizard flashbacks & the end credits cast reunion. But XY? Nothing, not a single sighting or mention of her the whole way through. The 1st region that was absolutely 100% Mistyless.

In fact XY was baffling the most anti-continuity saga in the show's history, in spite of multiple opportunities for callbacks being there. There's was no Iris or Cilan guest returns, no 20th anniversary special *coughmiragepokemoncough*, no Ash's Charizard vs. Alain's, no Gary cameo like his game counterpart did, no Misty's lure during a fishing episode, no reflection on Ash's journey to get to the finals of a league for the 1st time. The writers didn't just want us to forget Misty, they seemed to want us to forget literally everything!

PS. as a bit of side trivia Gen 6 was also the 1st game gen that Misty no showed if counting remakes & the world tournament. Purely a coincidence, but an unfortunately timed one. Gamefreak, please add grown-up Misty as 1 of the cameo trainers!

My point is, though, that the writers must've at least thought, ha, it's like Misty, that's cute. I just don't see how they couldn't have. And there were other things they could've used as a sign of gratitude. So... yeah, I think it means something.

She kissed him on the cheek, though. Kissing on the lips is a bigger deal in Japan than it is in the West, because it's considered more sexual. That's why this was such a big deal. Like I said, I was surprised they did that, even if they didn't show it.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Hey everyone!!!

HAPPY POKESHIPPING WEEK <3

Indeed HAPPY POKESHIPPING WEEK guys! This is the start of the countdown to Pokeshipping Day, until we get closer to the big day :3! I wish we could do something here in line with the Pokeshipping Week celebration.

Innocentmercy

Indeed HAPPY POKESHIPPING WEEK guys! This is the start of the countdown to Pokeshipping Day, until we get closer to the big day :3! I wish we could do something here in line with the Pokeshipping Week celebration.

Yup! The event is lurking around tumblr. However, it'll be great if we celebrate it here as well! I'll start:

In regards to pokeshipping week, imagine Misty and Ash in the Alola region (Day 1's theme.) What kind of activities would they do?

- For my perspective, I will probably see them surf with each other since they love a competition.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Yup! The event is lurking around tumblr. However, it'll be great if we celebrate it here as well! I'll start:

In regards to pokeshipping week, imagine Misty and Ash in the Alola region (Day 1's theme.) What kind of activities would they do?

- For my perspective, I will probably see them surf with each other since they love a competition.

I was thinking, if Misty showed up in Alola... It'd be great if it were water-based, and she were his rival for the season. And his new travelling companions could be curious about their relationship, and maybe tease them. Ah, that'd be the best!

greninjamaster

What shipping is popular is debatable, you can't really say Amour or Poke is more popular without a massscale poll. That would show the facts.

I think Amour is the most popular ship, but that's just me. I know you guys pretty much dominated back in the old days though...

Masscale poll would not work. Especially an online one where you could vote multiple times and even if it was changed to one vote per IP. You could program a bot, or even a VPN to change your IP. Online polls are the least plausible determination of anything.

I can guarantee you 110% though that Pokeshipping is more popular than Amourshipper? Do you want to know why? Nostalgia. Pokemon's BIGGEST audience was when it first came out in the 90's. The anime is not even a quarter of how popular it was back then. You saw a the power of nostalgia with Pokemon Go and that was clearly cause of the 90's kids and all the wonderful dating apps that appeared with the game that guess what? Promoted a red headed female and black haired male trainer as the perfect match. Gee I wonder whom those two are supposed to represent?

With nostalgia comes love for the characters from that time. Misty, Brock, Ash, Gary, etc. Also love for the pairings from childhood.

Ash/Misty is just as iconic as Usagi/Mamoru, Chichi/Goku, Vegeta/Bulma, Takeru/Hikari, Taichi/Sora/Yamato, Syaoran/Sakura, Haruka/Michiru, etc. Serena and Ash do not have that iconic presence. For one cause of how new it is(only one gen knows of Serena and again not many people watch the anime nowadays compared to when it first came out) and well...it's one sided

Look on Social Media, numbers don't lie. Go look on Tumblr, you would think a gif set of this big AM moment would be meant with tons of tons of notes...nope. Nothing compared to the original dub voices of Ash and Misty posting videos of them going for a drive together. Nostalgia once again.

The Pokemon gaming community is still huge to this day. The Pokemon anime community is not at all anywhere near what it was back in the day. That is a fact.

I was thinking, if Misty showed up in Alola... It'd be great if it were water-based, and she were his rival for the season. And his new travelling companions could be curious about their relationship, and maybe tease them. Ah, that'd be the best!

Hey that would be great, Ash would do something he never did in XY, blush. He always blushed when people teased him about Misty and his relationship.

Last edited:

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·

I agree here. I can totally see this happening.. if ever Misty will appear. It's like a good place which will be loved by Misty because of the water archipelago just like Alto Mare. just imagine the new water type pokemons being clingy to Misty leaving Ash jealous..lol

..like a Sharpedo surfing competition perhaps? :3
This made me remember the water race competition in Movie 5.:3

xEryChan

Demon Child
Can we not discuss which ship is more popular? It's not relevant to this discussion whatsoever. Amourshipping has its own thread so can we stick to discussing Pokeshipping since it is the main topic here. K?

Genaller

Silver Soul
This is probably just a happy coincidence, but it's amusing that the strongest Pokémon Ash has ever trained turned out to be a water type (Ash-Greninja). I wonder what Misty would think if she knew about this.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Can we not discuss which ship is more popular? It's not relevant to this discussion whatsoever. Amourshipping has its own thread so can we stick to discussing Pokeshipping since it is the main topic here. K?

Well, the idea is that if something is popular, it means that it's more valid-- ships that are popular must be good and have something to them; they probably really were written into the show, as opposed to being fan interpretation. That last part has an implication that the writers supported it, so it has more of a chance, and also if they take fans' wishes into account... Not that any of that is realistic or an appropriate topic for discussion, but that's why people get hung up on stuff like that.

Navin

MALDREAD
I believe a rival shipping becoming 100% canon shouldn't stop you from supporting your own ship. Harry/Ginny becoming canon didn't stop Harry/Hermione fans from shipping them and arguably has more fan-activity on the internet than their canon rival ship in Harry Potter universe.

Well it certainly didn't help that Rowling herself goes on the record and said it should have been Harry/Hermione, and Ron/Hermione would have marital issues.

Which ship is most popular on an ever so expanding place called internet is highly debatable and for me it depends on which site you are on. I agree with you that on tumblr Pokeshipping is the most popular ship to this day, and I could say the same with sites like fanfiction.net, devianart.com etc. But I spend most of my time on youtube and I can assure you Pokeshipping isn't the most popular shipping there.

Poke is more "popular" in the sense that Misty is a lot more well-known, and by extension Ash/Misty, around the globe than Serena simply because she was the heroine when the anime and the franchise were at its most popular back in the day. I have seen Ash/Misty costumes during college Halloween parties.

To those actively following the anime, Ash/Serena would be more "popular" because that's the current main ship (and it has gotten a lot of focus from Serena's side) and many of those who used to ship Poke probably stopped watching the show. It's also a different time now, with social media and widespread high-speed Internet.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
I sincerely hope we get to see Misty in Alola, islands full of water and water pokemon, perfect opportunity to bring Misty back to the anime and also please some older fans.

Poke is more "popular" in the sense that Misty is a lot more well-known, and by extension Ash/Misty, around the globe than Serena simply because she was the heroine when the anime and the franchise were at its most popular back in the day. I have seen Ash/Misty costumes during college Halloween parties.

To those actively following the anime, Ash/Serena would be more "popular" because that's the current main ship (and it has gotten a lot of focus from Serena's side) and many of those who used to ship Poke probably stopped watching the show. It's also a different time now, with social media and widespread high-speed Internet.

Poke is more popular among older fans, because it's iconic original pairing of the anime which is never going to change, was active when the show was peak of it's popularity not necessarily because the show was better back then but the concept was new and not repetitive like it is now a days. I've seen and met many older fans of pokemon who started out watching from the start in Kanto liking pokeshipping but later changed their preference to Pearl/Amour after watching DP/XY. Thing is many of these so called Gen-1/2 fans never gave other series a chance, while it's also true that some pokeshippers watched all the other series and still stayed loyal to pokeshipping.

Hey that would be great, Ash would do something he never did in XY, blush. He always blushed when people teased him about Misty and his relationship.

Ash hasn't blushed since Orange Islands. The last time I remember seeing Ash blush was in the episode called "Pokeball Peril" when TR teased Ash and Misty about being a couple. Anyways, Sun and Moon Ash might blush, but I really don't see even Misty or Giselle making XY Ash blush cause he's like polar opposite version of Kanto Ash.

Last edited:

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer

I was wanting Misty to be Ash's rival for Kalos (before it became apparent the Alain mini-series wasn't an unrelated special), partly so there could then be a trainer whose team was every water starter altogether. To have an all starter team now would be to leave 1 gen out, which I suppose could still work if Ash is the one with Popplio. Then it's like the new kid vs. his/her predecessors.

Though right now my Alola wish is that Misty and Lana are revealed to be cousins. Both are water-experts, Lana is the gen 7 equivalent to a gym leader, both have multiple sisters (older for Misty, younger for Lana) & Lana's hair color is the chromatic opposite of Misty's. It makes a crazy amount of sense for the 2 to have a connection.

Innocentmercy

Hey everyone! Today's the final day of the pokeshipping week! My apologies if this thread seems dead around here.

► "If Ash and Misty were together, what kind of activities would they do?"

For my part, I would probably see those two traveling together. Maybe also reminiscing the memories of their past adventures.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hey everyone! Today's the final day of the pokeshipping week! My apologies if this thread seems dead around here.

For my part, I would probably see those two traveling together. Maybe also reminiscing the memories of their past adventures.

They'd probably catch up on each others' lives first. Misty'd be really proud of Ash for getting so far in the Kalos League (to be honest, maybe it was bad writing for a show to have him lose again after all this time, but I've always thought of the Pokemon League Championships as sort of like the Olympics-- very few actually win, and getting second place is actually a pretty big deal). And she'd probably catch on that Serena liked him, just from hearing him talk about her (although I really doubt he'd mention the kiss)... That'd make her kinda upset, but she'd kind of laugh it off to herself. But maybe that'd finally make her start thinking seriously about confessing. Like, yeah, maybe she really should do it before someone else gets to him. Actually... I don't think the writers will do this, but if I were writing Ash, Serena's confession would get him thinking about other people's interiorities; he had no idea she liked him, probably, so finding out that she did would make him wonder what other people might be thinking. Misty included, of course. I think he'd become more sensitive to girls' feelings, especially.

Yeah, they'd probably talk about the past, too... They'd definitely get back into that kind of teasing that they always did. As for what they'd actually do? ...No idea. In the show, when they've been reunited, Ash's new friends are there, and there's always something going on, so... Probably something fun? Like seeing a movie, or swimming, or... I'm not very creative with this kind of thing, it seems!

Last edited:

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·

oHMY. I totally forgot to post here during the last day of the shipping week. Anyways, this is so late but I just want to say it again, this time here...so, HAPPY super late POKESHIPPING DAY!
it's better late than never .

I can see them travelling together, discovering new regions and pokemons. I can also see them battling together, since that' show I could imagine Ash doing or even fishing perhaps? since I could imagine Misty loves to discover new water pokemons and stuffs. :D I could also see them supporting each other from their respective activities.

Ru Rabbit

Hey everyone. Long-time PokeShipper, new member.

In light of recent depressing events (kisses, character re-designs, elections), I decided to do something to cheer myself up. So I wrote a fic for PokeShipping Week. Search 'Mermaid out of Water' on fanfiction.net if you'd like to give it a read. :)

I'd like to see them in a jet-ski race, similar to that little clip in the Sun and Moon trailer. Misty would probably use her Water Types to gain an advantage, i.e. have Gyarados chase Ash off-course. I think that'd be pretty funny.

Oh, deep sea treasure diving, too. Exploring half-submerged caves. Lots of possibilities.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Oh, deep sea treasure diving, too. Exploring half-submerged caves. Lots of possibilities.

Oh, I really like that idea! It's creative, and you could do a lot of really cool visuals with it. Plus there's room for action and drama... Actually, that'd make a good fic! I'll look into your fic, too.