• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Ashmisty

It Seems Misty Voice actor (Iizuka, Mayumi) will do the narration for next week episode , :D

[IMGSIZE=300]http://i.imgur.com/QFHYwvC.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

[IMGSIZE=300]http://i.imgur.com/9EUdTpe.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Ohh..I thought she quit the show a long time ago..She did a great job as misty's voice actress..I loved misty's voice :)..umm are u talking about Rachel Lillis or the Japanese voice actor?

Last edited:

Ashmisty

I really like it that Ash and Misty's voice-actors seem to ship Pokeshipping. I mean, even if there's no "real" version of a character that's more valid than any others, since they're the ones who portray(ed) the characters... I can't help feeling the characters lie with them. It makes it feel kinda canon, you know? ...I'll take what I can get XD.

U mean to say Veronica n Rachel support pokeshipping?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
U mean to say Veronica n Rachel support pokeshipping?

No, the Japanese VAs. I'm not sure they do, but they do seem to want to see Ash and Misty reunited. Like, they've done in-character skits together.

Ashmisty

No, the Japanese VAs. I'm not sure they do, but they do seem to want to see Ash and Misty reunited. Like, they've done in-character skits together.

that's really sweet of them :)...voice actors are the mirror of characters IMO.by the way hakajin,i really love reading your posts :)..u write very sensibly..i also loved your baby breath flower theory :)..do u write fanfictions about pokeshipping?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
that's really sweet of them :)...voice actors are the mirror of characters IMO.by the way hakajin,i really love reading your posts :)..u write very sensibly..i also loved your baby breath flower theory :)..do u write fanfictions about pokeshipping?

Aw, thank you! I used to; they're in my fanfiction.net profile, which is in my signature. They're from a while back, when Advance was still going on. Oh, except the one-shot, which can pretty much fit with any era. After that, I made up a daughter for Ash and Misty and someone to ship her with, just for fun... But I ended up really developing the characters, and that became my OTP. So that's what I'm writing about now. Although that ship won't come up until later. On the other hand, there's another ship in the backstory that I just started getting into, and I can be really into that one, too.

Ashmisty

Aw, thank you! I used to; they're in my fanfiction.net profile, which is in my signature. They're from a while back, when Advance was still going on. Oh, except the one-shot, which can pretty much fit with any era. After that, I made up a daughter for Ash and Misty and someone to ship her with, just for fun... But I ended up really developing the characters, and that became my OTP. So that's what I'm writing about now. Although that ship won't come up until later. On the other hand, there's another ship in the backstory that I just started getting into, and I can be really into that one, too.
ohh ok..I would love to read your fanfictions for sure :)..by the way I want to know ur thoughts on pokeshipping.

KrysalKasi

2017, and I still ship PokeShipping hardcore. I've never specifically made fan art for it, as I have a greater passion for manga ships, but back in 2012-2014, I made PokeShipping flipnotes on Flipnote Hatena. Been thinking of making a fanart of PokeShipping with the characters as adults, but not quite sure about what exactly to draw.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
2017, and I still ship PokeShipping hardcore. I've never specifically made fan art for it, as I have a greater passion for manga ships, but back in 2012-2014, I made PokeShipping flipnotes on Flipnote Hatena. Been thinking of making a fanart of PokeShipping with the characters as adults, but not quite sure about what exactly to draw.

Welcome! and you should draw them! and when you do, feel free to share it here, we would like to see them! And like you, most of us here, still ships Pokeshipping, c'mon it's 2017 and still a pokeshipper at heart so you are not alone. :3

Who has discord here? There's actually a pokeship discord if anyone's interested.:)

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
ohh ok..I would love to read your fanfictions for sure :)..by the way I want to know ur thoughts on pokeshipping.

Thanks! Ok, what do you want to know?

You have come to the right place, my friend.

Ashmisty

Please draw something with ash n misty as adults..would love to see it..2017 n m also still a pokeshipper :D

@hakajin just your general thoughts regarding them n why u like them together :). P.S I recently saw the fanmade trailer called Pokemon apocalypse n realised it was made in 2010 :D..it was a good attempt though the actors looked nothing like the characters in the anime.n it was obvious that the people who made the trailer supported pokeshipping.i really liked the ash n misty moments in that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
@hakajin just your general thoughts regarding them n why u like them together :). P.S I recently saw the fanmade trailer called Pokemon apocalypse n realised it was made in 2010 :D..it was a good attempt though the actors looked nothing like the characters in the anime.n it was obvious that the people who made the trailer supported pokeshipping.i really liked the ash n misty moments in that.

Oh, yeah, I remember that trailer. Were they the same one who made that music video about Trainers in Love?

As for why I started liking Ash and Misty together... I was drawn in by how they bicker, but still obviously care about each other. Not every pairing that works like that does it for me, but... It never felt really mean-spirited, plus it's actually funny. And when it comes down to it, they just have good chemistry. So, the longer the series goes on, the more Ash and Misty become friends in spite of themselves and seem to kind of understand each other. They still have disagreements, and they still tease each other, but it's always with the understanding that they're actually good friends. They're equals and they support each other and help each other grow. I'd been a Pokeshipper for a couple of years when the second movie came out, and that kind of shifted my perception of the ship. It gave me a strong sense of Misty's devotion to Ash, how she's always there for him even if he never noticed it. I got the feeling that she perceives him as very pure-hearted and heroic, and that's why she loved him. Well. I thought I was into it before, but this introduced me to a whole new level. Not only did I really feel that devotion, I started feeling a sense of self-awareness, acceptance, and determination in Misty that I hadn't noticed before. It sort of felt like, she knows how strongly she feels about Ash, she knows he might never feel the same way, she still really wants to stick with him. It's hard, but she's decided it's something she's willing to deal with to be with him.

And honestly, I don't think that was all just my interpretation. The writers didn't do much with it, unfortunately, but sometimes Misty would say something really telling. Like when Temaku liked Brock, and Misty told him he should try to like her back, because, "It's a lot easier to like someone who likes you back."

So yeah, that's why I like them together. The older I've gotten, the clearer it is that Pokeshipping is so characteristic for me. I tend to focus on ships with an emphasis on friendship, mutual respect and admiration, intense feeling, and devotion. It helps if the female half has a strong sense of self... which makes total sense, because that's what I'm like.

Ashmisty

Oh, yeah, I remember that trailer. Were they the same one who made that music video about Trainers in Love?

As for why I started liking Ash and Misty together... I was drawn in by how they bicker, but still obviously care about each other. Not every pairing that works like that does it for me, but... It never felt really mean-spirited, plus it's actually funny. And when it comes down to it, they just have good chemistry. So, the longer the series goes on, the more Ash and Misty become friends in spite of themselves and seem to kind of understand each other. They still have disagreements, and they still tease each other, but it's always with the understanding that they're actually good friends. They're equals and they support each other and help each other grow. I'd been a Pokeshipper for a couple of years when the second movie came out, and that kind of shifted my perception of the ship. It gave me a strong sense of Misty's devotion to Ash, how she's always there for him even if he never noticed it. I got the feeling that she perceives him as very pure-hearted and heroic, and that's why she loved him. Well. I thought I was into it before, but this introduced me to a whole new level. Not only did I really feel that devotion, I started feeling a sense of self-awareness, acceptance, and determination in Misty that I hadn't noticed before. It sort of felt like, she knows how strongly she feels about Ash, she knows he might never feel the same way, she still really wants to stick with him. It's hard, but she's decided it's something she's willing to deal with to be with him.

And honestly, I don't think that was all just my interpretation. The writers didn't do much with it, unfortunately, but sometimes Misty would say something really telling. Like when Temaku liked Brock, and Misty told him he should try to like her back, because, "It's a lot easier to like someone who likes you back."

So yeah, that's why I like them together. The older I've gotten, the clearer it is that Pokeshipping is so characteristic for me. I tend to focus on ships with an emphasis on friendship, mutual respect and admiration, intense feeling, and devotion. It helps if the female half has a strong sense of self... which makes total sense, because that's what I'm like.

a very good analysis :).I remember i started shipping them when i was a child ,when i didn't even know what shipping meant.The way they bickered and teased each other,but still developed this sense of understanding,care n respect for each other,was kind of admirable n unique in my eyes :).Moreover,I too am intrigued to the ship mainly because of misty's selfless devotion to ash.She started off as disliking him at first,but gradually developed this sense of admiration n adoration for him,as he was very selfless,loving n kind-hearted,though ash was never aware of misty's admiration,n she kind of didn't want to admit it,even to herself.I also see selfless love from her side,the way she was always there for him,to look-out for him,to support n encourage him in his dream,and somehow always kept his ego in check whenever possible,yet he never noticed any of it.Maybe she was aware of her feelings for him,a part of her didn't want to admit it to herself,another part knew about them,but i still feel sad about how she never got the chance to at least express her emotions to him,maybe she feared rejection,or the fear of ruining her frnship with him which she cherished a lot,or she feared he may not understand her feelings and is too naive,but in some episodes i also liked how she is willing to wait for him.I must say that ash is a very lucky guy to have someone like misty by his side,if only he acknowledges it one day.I also feel that sub-consciously he too has these feelings for her,but is too naive n goal-oriented to acknowledge them or come to terms with them or realise them.I know that many people are invested in different ash-ships and would want to see a good ending of their own.Honestly I won't mind if the writers won't make ash end up with anyone,as it's a kids' show,moreover,none including me would get hurt.But being a pokeshipper for nearly half of my life,i would love to see a closure between these two with them admitting their feelings for one another.even with a slightest bit of a hint,i would be more than happy.sorry for the long post but these are just my thoughts.P.S can you enlighten me about trainers in love?.is it a video?

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
a very good analysis :).I remember i started shipping them when i was a child ,when i didn't even know what shipping meant.The way they bickered and teased each other,but still developed this sense of understanding,care n respect for each other,was kind of admirable n unique in my eyes :).Moreover,I too am intrigued to the ship mainly because of misty's selfless devotion to ash.She started off as disliking him at first,but gradually developed this sense of admiration n adoration for him,as he was very selfless,loving n kind-hearted,though ash was never aware of misty's admiration,n she kind of didn't want to admit it,even to herself.I also see selfless love from her side,the way she was always there for him,to look-out for him,to support n encourage him in his dream,and somehow always kept his ego in check whenever possible,yet he never noticed any of it.Maybe she was aware of her feelings for him,a part of her didn't want to admit it to herself,another part knew about them,but i still feel sad about how she never got the chance to at least express her emotions to him,maybe she feared rejection,or the fear of ruining her frnship with him which she cherished a lot,or she feared he may not understand her feelings and is too naive,but in some episodes i also liked how she is willing to wait for him.I must say that ash is a very lucky guy to have someone like misty by his side,if only he acknowledges it one day.I also feel that sub-consciously he too has these feelings for her,but is too naive n goal-oriented to acknowledge them or come to terms with them or realise them.I know that many people are invested in different ash-ships and would want to see a good ending of their own.Honestly I won't mind if the writers won't make ash end up with anyone,as it's a kids' show,moreover,none including me would get hurt.But being a pokeshipper for nearly half of my life,i would love to see a closure between these two with them admitting their feelings for one another.even with a slightest bit of a hint,i would be more than happy.sorry for the long post but these are just my thoughts.P.S can you enlighten me about trainers in love?.is it a video?

Sounds like your interpretation is pretty similar to mine (although for me, Misty was more self-aware). The fact that other people saw the same things I did reinforces my belief that those things were totally written into Misty's character. Oh, yeah, it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69FcS_MyX5M

I first saw it years ago in my college anime club, and I was very appreciative.

Ashmisty

Sounds like your interpretation is pretty similar to mine (although for me, Misty was more self-aware). The fact that other people saw the same things I did reinforces my belief that those things were totally written into Misty's character. Oh, yeah, it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69FcS_MyX5M

I first saw it years ago in my college anime club, and I was very appreciative.
ohh..it's a cute song :)..n do u think that ash is not aware about his feelings at all?

LilyTwo

Honestly, I just think Ash and Misty's personalities just... click. They bounce off each other really well, and both of them are their own character that still has a clear and distinctive personality. I am sure that if they got together, they'd make for such a cute and hilarious pair! XD

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Honestly, I just think Ash and Misty's personalities just... click. They bounce off each other really well, and both of them are their own character that still has a clear and distinctive personality. I am sure that if they got together, they'd make for such a cute and hilarious pair! XD

Oh, I totally agree! That's a really important quality in anything I ship; if the characters can't stand on their own, I don't really care. Or, if I do, I don't care for very long. I definitely have a certain type for shipping, but characterization and chemistry matter more than the specific dynamic.

Ashmisty

I don't think he really thinks about it too much, to be honest. He just kind of reacts.
I agree that he doesn't think too much about it,his mind is more occupied with Pokemon n his goal.n he has reacted in the form of jealousy,care,teasing,embarrassment (when he blushed in pokeball peril)in some episodes.to be honest,I was quite surprised when he got jealous of those 2 gym leaders who showed affection towards misty,but a jealous ash was cute lol.I wonder if misty noticed his jealousy.I sometimes think that why was she so reluctant to admit even a bit of her feelings to him,even when she left :/.

Last edited:

zdbz_sn

I agree that he doesn't think too much about it,his mind is more occupied with Pokemon n his goal.n he has reacted in the form of jealousy,care,teasing,embarrassment (when he blushed in pokeball peril)in some episodes.to be honest,I was quite surprised when he got jealous of those 2 gym leaders who showed affection towards misty,but a jealous ash was cute lol.I wonder if misty noticed his jealousy.I sometimes think that why was she so reluctant to admit even a bit of her feelings to him,even when she left :/.

She seemed to have noticed in "Naval Maneuvers."