• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Ashmisty

I have also heard that she's returning..n it has really made me happy,just so because I would get to see her again,to hear her voice again xD..it's been ages..but I m not too sure about the news,it could be a rumour too..I would love to see ash n misty interact again,but m not expecting any hints,but if they do show,I would be the happiest person!!..but expectations always hurt..let's just hope for the best!!

Torterraaaa

When I was a kid I was a big Pokeshipper (I still like it as a pairing), and just wanted to pop in to say I'm SO PSYCHED to see Misty again! Never thought it would happen.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Shocked this thread hasn't exploded yet.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Guys, I get you are excited about Misty returning, I understand that completely. But lets try not stray away from the main topic, which is Pokeshipping. If you want to talk mainly about Misty coming back, there are plenty of threads in the anime section to do so. Lets keep thus discussion to Pokeshipping only. Kk? Carry on.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Wow, so Misty is coming back. I honestly thought she wouldn't ever return to the anime, this honestly makes me so happy. I'm definitely eager to see her again and I wonder what kind of hints Pokeshipping will get. This is all so exciting.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Oh my God, it's happening!!!!! EEEEeeee! Holy crap holy crap holy crap! It's been so long!!!! I really didn't think we'd ever see Misty on the show again!!!

In all seriousness, though, I wonder what this means for Pokeshipping? I'll be discouraged if there aren't any hints. I'm slightly worried that... I dunno, something might happen to set it back (knock on wood). On the other hand... if we get even a single hint... If we get even a single hint, that means that the writers haven't forgotten it. Especially if it's from Ash's side. Because if you ask me, Misty's still the only girl he's shown definitive interest in, through jealousy. Just... trying to remain cautiously optimistic.

Ashmisty

Oh my God, it's happening!!!!! EEEEeeee! Holy crap holy crap holy crap! It's been so long!!!! I really didn't think we'd ever see Misty on the show again!!!

In all seriousness, though, I wonder what this means for Pokeshipping? I'll be discouraged if there aren't any hints. I'm slightly worried that... I dunno, something might happen to set it back (knock on wood). On the other hand... if we get even a single hint... If we get even a single hint, that means that the writers haven't forgotten it. Especially if it's from Ash's side. Because if you ask me, Misty's still the only girl he's shown definitive interest in, through jealousy. Just... trying to remain cautiously optimistic.
I would also remain cautiously optimistic,but I'm not really expecting any pokeshipping hints at this point,if they do show even a single one,it would be a miracle for me!..for the time being,I'm just happy that she's atleast returning,n we would get to see them interact again :)..even I'm worried that what if something happens to set it back,but i would still remain hopeful though!

Animefan145

I'm still in shock. Even with the 20th anniversary, after the movie turned out to be an AU, I wasn't expecting anything, but this is kind of huge. This'll be Misty's first time meeting Ash since... Battle Frontier, I think?

I'd be happy to see some hints, but not sure how that would work with Ash's current personality. Battle Frontier Ash seemed older, and they were old friends at that point, Alola Ash seems... younger. Although it'd be funny if Misty compares Ash now to how he was at the very start. I kind of wish they could say Misty had visited Pallet Town whenever Ash stopped by in between regions, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Ashmisty

with misty returning after all these years,I think it has been worth the wait.I mean she's coming back after what,like 12 years,i know it's been a very long period,but it has resulted in overwhelming responses from all the people who love her n have missed her immensely.And i agree that ash's personality has changed since the last time he met her,n he looks much younger n quite weird IMO in the current series,but i would like to see how much misty has changed personality wise,if at all.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
I doubt there'll be any ship teases at all, just having Misty back is good enough for now. So long as they aren't trying to outright bury the ship I'm fine.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I doubt there'll be any ship teases at all, just having Misty back is good enough for now. So long as they aren't trying to outright bury the ship I'm fine.

Yeah, I'm actually kind of worried about that last part, given that it's written by the same crew as XYZ. Not a dig at them or anything, I just know they like Amour.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Well if they want the OG crew to care then I think they'll definitely add some Pokeshipping stuff to the two episodes.

Yeah, but how much do they actually care about that, is the question? I mean, obviously, people still like the old characters, but... I don't know how many people still care about Pokeshipping. Boo. I hate being a pessimist, but...

greninjamaster

Going from the reaction on social media I'd say plenty of people. You'd be surprised the power of nostalgia and Ash and Misty was a lot of people's first couples. For me it was them and Takari from Digimon.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Going from the reaction on social media I'd say plenty of people. You'd be surprised the power of nostalgia and Ash and Misty was a lot of people's first couples. For me it was them and Takari from Digimon.

Really? Well, that's encouraging. I hope it works out. Heh, it was my second major pairing, after the original Pink and White Rangers on Power Rangers. Given that I'm currently on numbers 3 and...
2 and 1/2, I guess? that's really saying something.

Torterraaaa

Wow, the picture with all the hearts that was released certainly seems shippy. I'm so divided! I was a big Pokeshipper back when, but I got back into Pokemon during XY and am now also an Amourshipper.

There'll probably be a few blushing moments at least; the writers know what most of us oldies want.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Wow, the picture with all the hearts that was released certainly seems shippy. I'm so divided! I was a big Pokeshipper back when, but I got back into Pokemon during XY and am now also an Amourshipper.

There'll probably be a few blushing moments at least; the writers know what most of us oldies want.

As long as there are no Orangeshipping hints, I'm good (knock on wood). You know, nothing against the ship, but as emotionally invested as I am in Pokeshipping... Yeah, I always feel the need to qualify it when I say things like that, so I don't sound like I'm bashing.