• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

adrenaline

sensible hearts
Hey, guys, just saw the news thought I'd drop by.

As for me, I'm hoping for some classic banter between the two. My favorite Ash and Misty moments are their bickering and competitive spirit. It's pretty much confirmed they're gonna battle each other, that'll be fun. Also, the picture of Misty surrounded by hearts is super encouraging. Maybe Ash will have another moment like the "Ghost Of Maiden's Peak. Whet do you guys think?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hey, guys, just saw the news thought I'd drop by.

As for me, I'm hoping for some classic banter between the two. My favorite Ash and Misty moments are their bickering and competitive spirit. It's pretty much confirmed they're gonna battle each other, that'll be fun. Also, the picture of Misty surrounded by hearts is super encouraging. Maybe Ash will have another moment like the "Ghost Of Maiden's Peak. Whet do you guys think?

Yeah, it'd be great if we could see some of that old tension between them. I mean, I don't think that part means anything; it's probably just her introduction to the audience, but... That would be nice, of course.

greninjamaster

I feel like if these episodes do extremely well in the ratings, like the biggest they've been in a while we could see Misty and Brock come back to the show for more episodes down the line. I mean this is Gen One we're talking about, and Gen One is easily the biggest fanbase of Pokemon fans.

Nodame

Misty <3
WHO?!? WHAT?!? WHEN?!? WHERE?!? WHY?!? HOW?!? IS THIS THE REAL LIFE?!? IS THIS JUST FANTASY?!? MISTY IS BACK :')

It's annoying how everyone is making Misty's reappearance about Serena. The ones who were loud and cannot accept any other ships. Now they just get it back because of their toxic.
We know Serena and Ash kissed. Let's just be happy the O.Gs are back. We haven't seen them in years together. It's annoying people only care about shipping over the characters.

and look what I found <3

http://68.media.tumblr.com/01d6cd179541e6f7d9c14cd98837fc04/tumblr_inline_ovi5gs1T2H1tb44w9_500.jpg

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
WHO?!? WHAT?!? WHEN?!? WHERE?!? WHY?!? HOW?!? IS THIS THE REAL LIFE?!? IS THIS JUST FANTASY?!? MISTY IS BACK :')

It's annoying how everyone is making Misty's reappearance about Serena. The ones who were loud and cannot accept any other ships. Now they just get it back because of their toxic.
We know Serena and Ash kissed. Let's just be happy the O.Gs are back. We haven't seen them in years together. It's annoying people only care about shipping over the characters.

and look what I found <3

http://68.media.tumblr.com/01d6cd179541e6f7d9c14cd98837fc04/tumblr_inline_ovi5gs1T2H1tb44w9_500.jpg

Well... I mean, I'm against ship wars and all that, but I do get it. People don't care about ships over the characters, they care about ships because they care about the characters. Like, for me, I identified a lot with Misty, she felt like a part of myself. Still does, when I get back to it. So I felt her feelings for Ash very strongly, and they're totally soul mates for me. Like, even if the writers wrote her to like someone else, I wouldn't feel that, because the Misty that's a part of me will always love Ash. So... even though I'm happy to see her again, yeah, if it something happened against Pokeshipping, it'd upset me. Not like it would've ten years ago, but still. I definitely can't accept any other ships, just as a matter of emotional investment.

I know you're not talking about me, but what I'm saying is, I can relate. I'm sure there are Amourshippers who're just as invested in Amour as we are in Poke, so it makes sense that they're thinking about what this means for their ship. I would be, if it were the other way around.

Yojeveka

Please let's try to not mention other ships/fandoms ^^U

I'm hyped up myself, even though the writers may troll us. However, I think we might get some hints, even though XYZ ended not so long ago. I mean, Ash practically had a date with Lana (and her sisters made the infamous boyfriend question), Lillie blushed around him, then he and Mallow had a whole adventure together... So why wouldn't he share a couple of moments with Misty?

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Yeah, I'm actually kind of worried about that last part, given that it's written by the same crew as XYZ. Not a dig at them or anything, I just know they like Amour.

On the upside, I can't actually conceive what a burial of Pokeshipping would even be. Ash friendzoning Misty wouldn't exactly mean a whole lot since they're, ya know, just kids & all that. Of course they'd just be friends at this point in life. He'd pretty much have to straight up say he prefers Serena/Dawn/Lillie/Bayleef/Etc. over Misty to her face & that sounds way too out of character for him.

She's giving him the same look in the magazine article. The thirst is real.

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
On the upside, I can't actually conceive what a burial of Pokeshipping would even be. Ash friendzoning Misty wouldn't exactly mean a whole lot since they're, ya know, just kids & all that. Of course they'd just be friends at this point in life. He'd pretty much have to straight up say he prefers Serena/Dawn/Lillie/Bayleef/Etc. over Misty to her face & that sounds way too out of character for him.

I actually have something very specific in mind: some sort of subtle insinuation of Orangeshipping on Misty's part. I mean, even then, it wouldn't be an out and out burial. It's a long show, things change. Heck, if that weren't so, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, because Pokeshipping was originally meant to pan out. But you know, it'd still get to me, make me down for a bit.

Nodame

Misty <3
Well... I mean, I'm against ship wars and all that, but I do get it. People don't care about ships over the characters, they care about ships because they care about the characters. Like, for me, I identified a lot with Misty, she felt like a part of myself. Still does, when I get back to it. So I felt her feelings for Ash very strongly, and they're totally soul mates for me. Like, even if the writers wrote her to like someone else, I wouldn't feel that, because the Misty that's a part of me will always love Ash. So... even though I'm happy to see her again, yeah, if it something happened against Pokeshipping, it'd upset me. Not like it would've ten years ago, but still. I definitely can't accept any other ships, just as a matter of emotional investment.

I know you're not talking about me, but what I'm saying is, I can relate. I'm sure there are Amourshippers who're just as invested in Amour as we are in Poke, so it makes sense that they're thinking about what this means for their ship. I would be, if it were the other way around.

I feel the same despite my comment. I love Pokeshipping more than anything and I am against shipping wars. But when you hear many comments about Amour at this time is annoying. They bring the ship everytime Misty is mentioned? I mean let's just be happy Misty will back without remembering any negativity. :))

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
i see this thread is alive and up again coz Misty is coming back for a few episodes XD

i rly like Pokeshipping.i grew up with it and never liked ash woth anyone else besides misty. they're so cute tpgether like jessie and james :3

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
I actually have something very specific in mind: some sort of subtle insinuation of Orangeshipping on Misty's part. I mean, even then, it wouldn't be an out and out burial. It's a long show, things change. Heck, if that weren't so, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, because Pokeshipping was originally meant to pan out. But you know, it'd still get to me, make me down for a bit.

I did forget about Tracy, didn't I? Then again, apparently so did the show since he's not mentioned in the previews. Not much of a chance for Orange if the guy doesn't even show up.

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I did forget about Tracy, didn't I? Then again, apparently so did the show since he's not mentioned in the previews. Not much of a chance for Orange if the guy doesn't even show up.

I was thinking something like with Poke, when what's-his-face who was interested in Misty, asked if she already had someone she liked, and she got all embarrassed, and then Psyduck popped out and laughed at her. Some people took that as an Orangeshipping hint, but I definitely saw it as Poke. Anyway, yeah, that's the kind of thing I'm worried about, if Tracey gets mentioned at all.

EDIT: I found this on knowyourmeme.com, and it's pretty amazing:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/290/221/b6e.gif

Last edited:

bossmanham

Maybe the people who said us old school fans were "entitled" and should "get over" Brock and Misty etc when we were disappointed about M20 were incorrect after all?

greninjamaster

Nah he was overjoyed to see her. I mean just look at how Pikachu reacted. Real talk, out of all the people that have come and gone on this show Pikachu truly loves Misty second to Ash. That's his fave after Ash, it's always been the case.

Last edited:

Ashmisty

I was thinking something like with Poke, when what's-his-face who was interested in Misty, asked if she already had someone she liked, and she got all embarrassed, and then Psyduck popped out and laughed at her. Some people took that as an Orangeshipping hint, but I definitely saw it as Poke. Anyway, yeah, that's the kind of thing I'm worried about, if Tracey gets mentioned at all.

EDIT: I found this on knowyourmeme.com, and it's pretty amazing:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/290/221/b6e.gif

oh u meant the scene with Georgio?..even I saw it as a pokeshipping hint.I don't understand how could it have been tracey when misty clearly liked ash.and aww the gif is so cute.You know i got amazed when some people described ash/misty's relationship as that of siblings.It's hilarious n bizarre for me to read such comments,it's like those people watched a different show.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I maybe late, but I am so glad to see Misty and Brock in the show again. I don't care about how they look but there are indeed cute.
As for the latest preview, I can't help but felt emotional, happy and excited. I don't assume and expect much, but the amount of memories shown from the preview gives me feels. I guess the ear-pulling gag returns, and just adorable to see Pikachu tackle hug Misty!

I don't know if this is one way for the writers to say sorry for not having Misty and Brock in m20 or this is just the right time for them to appear? XD

Seachran

oh u meant the scene with Georgio?..even I saw it as a pokeshipping hint.I don't understand how could it have been tracey when misty clearly liked ash.and aww the gif is so cute.You know i got amazed when some people described ash/misty's relationship as that of siblings.It's hilarious n bizarre for me to read such comments,it's like those people watched a different show.
I don't believe a lot of people actually see it that way. It's just an attempt to give credibility to another ship by discrediting Pokeshipping. How anyone could see Misty/Tracey is just so far fetched to me. Especially in the scene with Georgio.

I maybe late, but I am so glad to see Misty and Brock in the show again. I don't care about how they look but there are indeed cute.
They are actually really faithful to their original designs, just put into the style of the SM series. I prefer the OS style, but this doesn't bother me at all. It's great on it's own.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I don't believe a lot of people actually see it that way. It's just an attempt to give credibility to another ship by discrediting Pokeshipping. How anyone could see Misty/Tracey is just so far fetched to me. Especially in the scene with Georgio.

Yeah, but my point was, you can drop hints for a ship without all involved parties being present.