• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Ash had Misty and Brock promise to come see him in Alola at some point at the end of this episode, so who knows, maybe more cameos and such are in the cards if the reception to these two episodes are high, which they pretty much are.

The two's interactions in this episode more than made up for the relative tameness of last week's. Ash rooting for Misty and Psyduck to win, the banter and cocky smirks between the two during and after battle, Ash trying to get Misty to be impressed with him, it was all there. Plenty clear the writers are still well aware of what makes Pokeshipping what it is, and it didn't disappoint.

Great stopping point for the ship for the moment, and given the promise in the context of how hasty the ending of the episode was, it's looking like SatoKasu is set for more in the future.

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Ash had Misty and Brock promise to come see him in Alola at some point at the end of this episode, so who knows, maybe more cameos and such are in the cards if the reception to these two episodes are high, which they pretty much are.

The two's interactions in this episode more than made up for the relative tameness of last week's. Ash rooting for Misty and Psyduck to win, the banter and cocky smirks between the two during and after battle, Ash trying to get Misty to be impressed with him, it was all there. Plenty clear the writers are still well aware of what makes Pokeshipping what it is, and it didn't disappoint.

Great stopping point for the ship for the moment, and given the promise in the context of how hasty the ending of the episode was, it's looking like SatoKasu is set for more in the future.

I haven't watched it, but that's great to hear! I sure hope so! God, I never thought I'd see the day we'd get any kind of Pokeshipping chemistry ever again... What a time to be alive!

Ashmisty

I want to specifically highlight the epic battle between ash n misty!!the music,the animation,everything was at top notch!!..misty with her freaking mega-gyrados was awesomeness at another level!!and I loved how much her psyduck has improved since we last saw him,the equation between them has certainly improved a lot,I couldn't believe my eyes lol.coming to pokeshipping moments,I loved how ash looked at misty when she was battling one of his friends,it was very very sweet in my eyes :)..and the small bickering they had at the end of their battle was soo cute,it was nostalgic!!..though m yet to see the subs,I still enjoyed it.and the post credits scene was another amazing thing.the little moment they had <3,apparently he was showing off his z-ring to her,n She playfully asked for it,by grabbing his arm(she had that cute blush on her face) and then Poking his forehead with her finger,and what I liked was that everyone was looking at them both with this surprised expression except brock,he was just smiling,as he has already witnessed it all before lol.and apparently ash has made them promise to visit Alola n they agreed,though it's not necessary that it would be shown,but still I was happy that he made them do so :)

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I haven't shipped Ash and Misty in AGES, but the latest episode was filled with some nice moments between them.

Torterraaaa

That was such a great episode. And the promise at the end that they'd go see him in Alola was really awesome and unexpected. I hope the writers follow through on it.

It was really great to see Ash and Misty interacting again; their chemistry was great in this episode. It was really evident how they'd both matured as characters (even if they haven't technically aged haha). It's easy for me to remember why I used to ship them so much as a kid. While I really like Serena too, Misty's more feisty attitude is always a bit easier to identify with. If Ash were to ever 'end up' with anyone, I would be happy if it was either of them.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Ash and Pikachu have beaten like 4 Gyradoes by this point including another mega. Whereas Misty hasn't had as much experience in battling Pikachu. The disadvantage was more than just typing.

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Please bear in mind that this is not an episode discussion thread, or a battle review thread. Discuss Pokeshipping and Pokeshipping only, thanks.

Innocentmercy

Gosh those past 2 episodes were amazing. I'm satisfied of Misty and Ash's interaction with each other. If she comes back
again that'll be great :0

Carina

Plasbad!!
Hey guys, super happy about Misty's return to the anime! I really thought it'd never happen (though I have been checking Serebii and the forums weekly in case a miracle happened). ;)
I was worried about how much interaction there'd be between Ash and Misty, especially with such a huge entourage. The first of the two episodes got the introductions out of the way. The second episode thankfully gave us some banter!

OK, I admit there were no Pokeshipping hints (I'm quite realistic/picky when it comes to hints) BUT it was definitely nice to see Ash's cockiness and Misty's cheekiness spark some cute moments. Aah, the nostalgia!

I've been on a high the past few days. Can't wait til Misty makes an appearance in Alola. I'm hoping the writers see how popular she still is! ;)

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Thus past episode had more Pokeshippy moments than the previous one, which was to be expected skmce it was more of a introductory episode. I swear that scene with Ash and Misty in the airport when Ash was leaving to go back to Alola was so funny. I loved how she teased him, that was definitely a very shippy moment if you ask me. I especially loved that both Brock and Misty promised to see Ash in Alola, hopefully that will happen later in the SM anime down the line.

Carina

Plasbad!!
Thus past episode had more Pokeshippy moments than the previous one, which was to be expected skmce it was more of a introductory episode. I swear that scene with Ash and Misty in the airport when Ash was leaving to go back to Alola was so funny. I loved how she teased him, that was definitely a very shippy moment if you ask me. I especially loved that both Brock and Misty promised to see Ash in Alola, hopefully that will happen later in the SM anime down the line.

It seemed Ash was freaked out in a 'No way is she getting my Z-Ring!" way rather than "What the...?! Is she making a move on me??"
Now, if only he had blush lines on him...

As for Misty, she probably WAS just playing around and asking for his Z-Ring but the manner in which she asked was unnecessarily cute and flirty. :D
I love how she clearly just wanted to make him uncomfortable.
Would've been funny if she made it sound like it was a metaphor for a promise ring...but that's more something that Melody would do. haha

Ashmisty

It seemed Ash was freaked out in a 'No way is she getting my Z-Ring!" way rather than "What the...?! Is she making a move on me??"
Now, if only he had blush lines on him...

As for Misty, she probably WAS just playing around and asking for his Z-Ring but the manner in which she asked was unnecessarily cute and flirty. :D
I love how she clearly just wanted to make him uncomfortable.
Would've been funny if she made it sound like it was a metaphor for a promise ring...but that's more something that Melody would do. haha

that blush on her face is adorable.this moment was very cute n sweet,with her teasing him like that,if you zoom in,you could see some lines beneath his eyes,he kind of looks flabbergasted,or shocked or embarassed,I can't really decide.n I think she has kind of become more comfortable in physically touching n teasing him like that,as compared to her personality in the OS days.they share a good amount of comfort around each other,the way they argue so childishly lol,it's cute.It's like ash has always tried to impress misty in some way or the other,like he kind of strides for her approval,her opinion of him matters a lot to him IMO.his feelings are represented in this manner,when he tries to impress her,whether with his skills as a trainer,or anything else.n someone please post the cap of him looking at her when she was battling one of his friends,to me,that look was adorable,he looked as if he was in awe of her,as if he was proud of her :),as she has improved a lot as a trainer,n he believes in her skills as a trainer.that look was of pure love to me xD.

Carina

Plasbad!!
Ah, the little lines near his eyes! Yep, looks like shock to me. :p

By the way, I wanted to ask this: It was clear that Ash was trying to impress Misty in this episode (like he has in the past). I haven't really watched the past few seasons of Pokemon so would just like to know if he has felt the same need to impress (in a cocky way) his other travelling companions?

SaftOchBulle

I wanted to ask this: It was clear that Ash was trying to impress Misty in this episode (like he has in the past). I haven't really watched the past few seasons of Pokemon so would just like to know if he has felt the same need to impress (in a cocky way) his other travelling companions?

None of his traveling companions, but I guess Gary.

Ashmisty

None of his traveling companions, but I guess Gary.
Yes Gary can be counted lol..but that's kind of different because Gary had a habit of putting ash down n bragging all the time in front of him,and ash being the cocky little brat he was,in the early episodes,had to counterattack Gary in some ways.n no I don't think that other than misty,he has ever tried to impress anyone like that.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I just wrote a pokeshippy fic today involving Rudy so I thought I would drop by. :) Misty Meets Her Match is one of the episodes in pokemon that I have strong memories of.

I liked the battle between Misty and Ash in Alola. He got to prove to Misty how much stronger he's become since they last met. I really like how light-hearted their moments were.