• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Watching pokemon back then had never made me ship these two before. But as the series progresses, after an episode or so, I started liking these. I never even know what a shipping means that time until i find this forum. XDXD For me, I grew up with pokeshipping. I was on the point of wishing them to be canon, but as I grew older, I always thought that was never the case. Even so, what I like about this ship is how they progresses. They started as complete stranger, then the bike thing, it wasn't even "like at first sight"; yes they fight, but sometimes it were out of concern. Like you mentioned before, I always have the feeling they got the most emotional departure/goodbyes ever. I couldn't really say more from what you post. If i ever wanna put it into one word, let's just say I wanna call it "BONDS". Every companion is unique, but there's this "bond" between them, that make me smile every time I see them. Canon or not, pokeshipping holds something in my heart.

Hi everyone!~~been quite a long time since I post here btw, XDXD

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This summer will mark 15 years since I became a Pokeshipper. I got into it by reading a lot of fanfics. I don't remember many of them, but I do remember that I became a Pokeshipper months before the OS ended in the US.

This ship remains my OTP, 15 years later. I have never seriously considered any other ship involving the characters. I hope one day that this ship becomes canon.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Sooooooo................ Kanto remake/sequel rumors. Do I dare dream of what this could mean for the anime & Ash/Misty if they turn out to be true? Is the prospect of Misty & Brock returning as regulars (or at least more frequently appearing) for a season or 3 actually in the cards? Maybe I shouldn't get too worked up over this, lord knows the 20th movie was a buzzkill.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Is the prospect of Misty & Brock returning as regulars (or at least more frequently appearing) for a season or 3 actually in the cards?

Brock and Misty just appeared in SM042 & SM043 so I think the chances of them returning as main characters in unlikely but I can definitely see them appearing in the anime again at some point.

PokeShipper4Lyfe

It's been a while. Bump! :p

After a long hiatus from having watched the Pokemon series, I was hit by the nostalgia train earlier yesterday when I heard my brother watching the original series downstairs. Pokeshipping still gives me a warm feeling in my stomach, all these years later, haha :)

This summer will mark 15 years since I became a Pokeshipper. I got into it by reading a lot of fanfics. I don't remember many of them, but I do remember that I became a Pokeshipper months before the OS ended in the US.

This ship remains my OTP, 15 years later. I have never seriously considered any other ship involving the characters. I hope one day that this ship becomes canon.
Hey, just wondering, how have you reignited your passion in Pokeshipping for all these years? I tend to lose interest periodically.

Ashmisty

@PokeShipper4Lyfe though I have loved pokeshipping since the first episode of pokemon,even I tend to lose interest periodically and I think it's perfectly normal lol..I mean it has been I don't know maybe 21 years since the birth of pokeshipping so every once in a while you tend to gain your interest somewhere else or in another pairing though the love for your OTPs never really goes away..the hiatus may even happen for years..about reignition well I think when I get bored and read fanfictions about them I again gain interest in the pairing and my hibernated love for them wakes up again lol..and also watching a couple of episodes of the first season is all what it takes!!pokeshipping is my OTP and is always embedded in my heart but I do tend to lose and gain interest back n forth..sometimes it even takes me 2-3 years to gain interest again lol but I think the love for it never really goes away.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Hi, Pokeshippers. I'm new to this thread but not to Pokeshipping and I wanted to drop by.

Recently, I've had sort of a nostalgia kick which made me want to get back into Pokemon. I do this periodically, lose interest in Pokemon then come back because I'll always love it.

I've been a Pokeshipper since I was a little kid and didn't even know what shipping was. This was my first ship ever.

I was surprised to find out that Misty and Brock made an appearance in the Sun and Moon saga and of course, I had to watch the episodes and I was excited to see them. However, I'm a little disappointed because like I mentioned earlier, I lose interest in Pokemon then always come back to it and I like to see what's changed but every time I'm drawn back, I'm always surprised and let down that this ship isn't cannon by now. Five year old me definitely thought they would be canon by now lol

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hi, Pokeshippers. I'm new to this thread but not to Pokeshipping and I wanted to drop by.

Recently, I've had sort of a nostalgia kick which made me want to get back into Pokemon. I do this periodically, lose interest in Pokemon then come back because I'll always love it.

I've been a Pokeshipper since I was a little kid and didn't even know what shipping was. This was my first ship ever.

I was surprised to find out that Misty and Brock made an appearance in the Sun and Moon saga and of course, I had to watch the episodes and I was excited to see them. However, I'm a little disappointed because like I mentioned earlier, I lose interest in Pokemon then always come back to it and I like to see what's changed but every time I'm drawn back, I'm always surprised and let down that this ship isn't cannon by now. Five year old me definitely thought they would be canon by now lol

Well, it's been a while, but hi! I still think about Pokeshipping sometimes... Once in a while I'll have a dream about it. It's funny how it's still kind of with me, even though I don't obsess over it like I once did.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·

Hi welcome aboard! It's been awhile since we have a new member so, gladly to know you :) It was a good mood to start of, seeing Misty and Brock in SM. We all shock, we are mostly SHOCK about it. As an orginal trio fan, I'm glad. and the little moments bring about is really good and not all that nostalgia. But sure. Been waiting my whole life to see another AAML battle, and welp, they are still the dorks that I love. Not really that shippy, but those are good moments to remember.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
With the news of Brock and Misty returning to SM, I thought it would be time for a new topic.

What interactions are you hoping to see between Ash and Misty when Misty appears again in Sun and Moon?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
With the news of Brock and Misty returning to SM, I thought it would be time for a new topic.

What interactions are you hoping to see between Ash and Misty when Misty appears again in Sun and Moon?
Pick a beach episode and an episode where Misty meets Big Bad Guzma, who's only real crime is having Golisopod with him, which results in a miss understanding from Ash and we get out Guzma fight. Or just Misty meeting Golisopod... and maybe Pheromosa, the later will be during an Ultra Guardian mission.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm looking forward to Kasumi's upcoming return, because I didn't necessarily feel like her previous SM appearance did PokeShipping enough justice. I had waited such a long time to see her and Satoshi reunite back then, yet the focus on their bond was minimal. I sincerely hope that that was just a warm-up for something more worthwhile coming up. My ideal PokeShipping scenario is for Kasumi to wear a swimsuit during a beach outing, and for Satoshi to gawk at her before blushing.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I'm looking forward to Kasumi's upcoming return, because I didn't necessarily feel like her previous SM appearance did PokeShipping enough justice. I had waited such a long time to see her and Satoshi reunite back then, yet the focus on their bond was minimal. I sincerely hope that that was just a warm-up for something more worthwhile coming up. My ideal PokeShipping scenario is for Kasumi to wear a swimsuit during a beach outing, and for Satoshi to gawk at her before blushing.

I wasn’t disappointed with the Pokeshipping in her last appearances. Although the first episode was lacking, I thought the second one had some cute moments such as her asking Ash if her mega stone looked good on her while winking, her knocking Ash’s ego down a notch with the “you’re still a little kid inside” comment (typical Ash and Misty), the way she grabbed his wrist and poked him and teased him about letting her have his z ring, his insistence on battling Misty, and my favorite moment of all, the way he looked while he watched her battle.

I also thought it was cute in the previous episode how Ash was so excited Misty and Brock were the special guests and how he remarked that he enjoyed every second of his journey with them. I thought it was interesting how in the Kanto flashbacks they used for that episode, one of the specific ones they chose was of Misty giving Ash her handkerchief.

Of course I’m still hoping for even more moments in the next appearances.

pokfans

Yesssss!!!! :D Misty and Brock come back again I so happy :D I watched 43 ep SM and when Misty want Ash's Z-Ring was cute :D I hope we get more :) The creators certainly did not do it without a reason. I remember last episod XYZ "The director and the head of the storyboard for the episode, Tetsuo Yajima, stated on Twitter that there was a message in this episode, and that it was written in 'flower language'. At the last scene of the episode, when Ash is shown entering his house, the white flowers in the foreground are Baby's Breath flowers, which symbolize everlasting love. Misty's Japanese name "Kasumi", is also the name of this flower in Japan." And we get Kasumi :D

I am curious if Misty will get a specific job with Brock as it was in episode 42-43. Maybe it will be at the end of the anime in the SM league (if it can be created) and maybe Ash after that (as it will be the end of SM) will return with Misty and Brock to Pallet Town.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Yesssss!!!! :D Misty and Brock come back again I so happy :D I watched 43 ep SM and when Misty want Ash's Z-Ring was cute :D I hope we get more :) The creators certainly did not do it without a reason. I remember last episod XYZ "The director and the head of the storyboard for the episode, Tetsuo Yajima, stated on Twitter that there was a message in this episode, and that it was written in 'flower language'. At the last scene of the episode, when Ash is shown entering his house, the white flowers in the foreground are Baby's Breath flowers, which symbolize everlasting love. Misty's Japanese name "Kasumi", is also the name of this flower in Japan." And we get Kasumi :D

I am curious if Misty will get a specific job with Brock as it was in episode 42-43. Maybe it will be at the end of the anime in the SM league (if it can be created) and maybe Ash after that (as it will be the end of SM) will return with Misty and Brock to Pallet Town.

I’m trying not to have high hopes of Misty and Brock participating in the league, but I would love if they did. I would love a rematch between Misty and Ash! I like your idea of them appearing towards the end of SM and Ash returning to the Kanto region with them, that would be really nice for us fans who love and appreciate the nostalgia.

laiken

I think she (Misty) will come to cheer Ash and for help in creating a pokemon league.

The idea that all three come back together to Ash's house at the end of SM I like it too and I think there is a good chance.
I also think that we will see similar scenes in the future episodes to those with Misty winking at Ash and Z-Ring(Mist was so cute) in this scene. I had such a feeling of relationships like a girl-boy (my dear give me this :( I want to have it ;)).
The creators certainly did not give such things without a reason

and what would you like to see? (which interaction of Misty and Ash)

Last edited:

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I think she (Misty) will come to cheer Ash and for help in creating a pokemon league.

The idea that all three come back together to Ash's house at the end of SM I like it too and I think there is a good chance.
I also think that we will see similar scenes in the future episodes to those with Misty winking at Ash and Z-Ring(Mist was so cute) in this scene. I had such a feeling of relationships like a girl-boy (my dear give me this :( I want to have it ;)).
The creators certainly did not give such things without a reason

and what would you like to see? (which interaction of Misty and Ash)

I want to see more teasing! We got a little bit of it in her last cameo and it made me happy to see Ash and Misty act a little like their old selves. I’d love for more of that and for them to include one more classic roast session between them. We haven’t seen a glimpse of savage Ash since OS.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Interesting ideas guys. Even it seems impossible, i wanna see Ash giving Misty his Z-ring, even in a teasy way. haha.

Just what you guys said, I think they really will be supportive friends to cheer on Ash. I agreed, I hope they do have bigger roles in the tournament or something, something like an opponent guest? haha. Anyways, it's still interesting what the writers will do to both Misty and Brock. Hopefully we'll get to have pokeshipping momnets as well, no matter how small it is.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Happy Pokeshipping Day, everyone!

Probably just me, but of all of Ash's female companion, there's only one that made him jealous and blushing. Maybe this could changed some time, but still.

Agreed, I feel like this ship is the most that Ash has actually shown interest in a girl because of his jealousy over Danny and Rudy. (Also that scene from his point of view in Ghost of Maiden’s Peak)

But anyway, happy Pokeshipping Day everyone! I’ve seen so many cute pokeshipping fanarts and fanfics on tumblr this last week. The Pokeshippers really have been flooding it but it’s nice to see that after all these years the support for this ship is still very strong. Also I saw a lot of cute ash and misty costumes this Halloween :)