• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Srsddf4781

Can anybody help on this? From what I understand, Pocket Monsters Adventures stopped English releases after The Johto Journeys. So, with that being said, did Red and Misty actually end up together in the later releases? I know it’s revealed that have feelings for each other, I just can’t read Japanese.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Can anybody help on this? From what I understand, Pocket Monsters Adventures stopped English releases after The Johto Journeys. So, with that being said, did Red and Misty actually end up together in the later releases? I know it’s revealed that have feelings for each other, I just can’t read Japanese.
Misty straight up hasn't even appeared past Johto & the ship was basically killed in favor of RedxYellow but a lot of fans prefer RedxLeaf. Yeah, Misty got shafted in this canon.

Srsddf4781

Misty straight up hasn't even appeared past Johto & the ship was basically killed in favor of RedxYellow but a lot of fans prefer RedxLeaf. Yeah, Misty got shafted in this canon.
Really? I had heard that there was a love triangle sort of deal, but I didn’t know if Red had stopped having feelings for her.

greninjamaster

So, was this in relation to ‘Under The Mistletoe?’ I believe that released during Johto.
Nah, this was way before Under The Mistletoe.

I love how when the poster first came out for Ash's endgame journey everyone was like oh Misty isn't gonna stick around. And now we know yeah she is gonna be around. She is a huge part in Ash's endgame, the final female companion.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Between Pikachu's exuberant reactions to Misty upon reunion and at the end of the episode, and Rowlet just being chill enough to perch on her head without hesitation and have that get specific focus, to the point that this was basically the little dude's role here, this episode really highlighted for me just how Ash and Misty vibe on an identical wavelength when it comes to Pokemon bonding. Clauncher even reverses the quirk in a way, coming out of his ball and gravitating to Ash's side, even if it was specifically for Corphish.

In a series about Pokemon, I think it's ideal for any pairing with the Pokemon-loving protagonist to incorporate the Pokemon into the dynamic, and this episode got this aspect in with three separate Mons that embody different points in time for the two of them: Pikachu the timeless companion, Rowlet the companion that came and went during the cameo era, and Clauncher the newest companion now that Misty's back for the last leg. Fantastic.

And tbh, it was that, and just the expressions going on, that were the highlight of the episode for me. All the expressions, all the light jabbing, the two of them even having an identical gag scene to one another almost down to the frame, you feel the staff really like writing, acting, and drawing their bond. They have highs and lows, but they're equals, and the Pokemon are there to express what they won't say, just the way I like it.

Last edited:

greninjamaster

Between Pikachu's exuberant reactions to Misty upon reunion and at the end of the episode, and Rowlet just being chill enough to perch on her head without hesitation and have that get specific focus, to the point that this was basically the little dude's role here, this episode really highlighted for me just how Ash and Misty vibe on an identical wavelength when it comes to Pokemon bonding. Clauncher even reverses the quirk in a way, coming out of his ball and gravitating to Ash's side, even if it was specifically for Corphish.

In a series about Pokemon, I think it's ideal for any pairing with the Pokemon-loving protagonist to incorporate the Pokemon into the dynamic, and this episode got this aspect in with three separate Mons that embody different points in time for the two of them: Pikachu the timeless companion, Rowlet the companion that came and went during the cameo era, and Clauncher the newest companion now that Misty's back for the last leg. Fantastic.

And tbh, it was that, and just the expressions going on, that were the highlight of the episode for me. All the expressions, all the light jabbing, the two of them even having an identical gag scene to one another almost down to the frame, you feel the staff really like writing and drawing their bond. They have highs and lows, but they're equals, and the Pokemon are there to express what they won't say, just the way I like it.
I also found it very interesting that they wrote Ash's pokemon loving Misty the way they did especially Rowlet that was very random but I loved it.

Misty is Pikachu's favorite pokegirl and it's not even close especially at the end the way he disobeyed Ash and was like nah I want my Misty. The Corphish and Clauncher bond is so interesting especially the way they drew the hearts. It wouldn't surprise me if in one of these episodes it's revealed one of the two is actually a female and Ash got it wrong. Just the way the hearts and stuff was drawn and then putting Ash and Misty in the hearts, I mean come on now.

They acted like they did in the OS which is when an entire generation fell in love with their relationship. The bickering and arguing has always been seen in a romantic light with Ash and Misty. Anytime a character of the day notices them fighting they always assume they like one another. They're ten years old what is something most ten year olds do with their crushes? They do what Ash and Misty do.

Srsddf4781

A lot of great fanart has come out post episode. A lot of pokeshippers have come out of the woodwork from their long hibernation.
Agreed; especially the Japanese audience. If anybody has anything to add, I’d support this till the end of the 11 episodes. Hopefully, we all don’t run out of ideas.

Judging by the uncensored version, I'd say the artist had quite the bit of free reign.
Maybe they told him to make the manga more edgy haha! I'm just wondering if somebody told Toshihiro Ono "hey you know Satoshi and Kasumi have a crush on each other, so maybe throw that in there somewhere."

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!