• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Srsddf4781

If and when anyone comes to this thread, I think it’s important we share this information to to the fandom and to people like @Grace_Pokefan1 on Twitter-
Make sure to cite Aymen Senpai as the source. Figured it would be a good idea to see what Rica and Mayumi actually think about the relationship between Satoshi and Kasumi.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
If and when anyone comes to this thread, I think it’s important we share this information to to the fandom and to people like @Grace_Pokefan1 on Twitter-
Make sure to cite Aymen Senpai as the source. Figured it would be a good idea to see what Rica and Mayumi actually think about the relationship between Satoshi and Kasumi.
Always pleasantly surprised to see what the people on this thread can dig up! Great to know that even the original VAs were in our camp.

Srsddf4781

Always pleasantly surprised to see what the people on this thread can dig up! Great to know that even the original VAs were in our camp.
That shirt merchandise we shared and showcased on here awhile back? Mayumi had a few words on it too. Please look up ‘MayuToma0103’ on Twitter. She responded to the shirt with “Wow!! Get it! ❤️ ❤️’’

greninjamaster

Of course they were and I’m sure they still are.

Let’s see what these final episodes have in store I’d consider it a win for pokeshipping if they end the series traveling together.

But we will get canon pokeshipping probably in another form of media possibly the DP 2 film although the live action Netflix is more likely.

Srsddf4781

I think It’ll all be fine and I hope my previous request will happen on Twitter. I noticed ‘Daily Pokeshipping’ is struggling to find headcanons, so that’s something we can easily help with. My idea is if Aymen can get their information out to these vocalists, and get a response, so can we. Tag enough references, reach out to the right pokeshippers, and the whole fandom could have a ton of fun! “Does Satoshi think Kasumi is cute, Rica?” I’ll make a makeshift account if necessary. - More information that Satoshi isn’t as dense regarding Kasumi.

Sirunala

.....I don't think shipping is on the minds of those writers lol, they have like a million other things to focus on instead
I mean....yes, I'm 99% sure that these two won't make this shipping canon. BUT if there is a goodbye scene for misty and brock, this one will hopefully be very cute. The misty scene was, that's for sure. If there is no goodbye, than I don't think there will be another big hint in that episode. But honestly, I'm okey with both outcomes. Having misty and brock staying by ash side is 100% okey for me, even if there is no other big hint.

I'm just glad that this trio is back one last time. : ) Just like Rica said in the interview, this three will always be together, even if they chasing after their own dreams, going in different directions for a while, they always will find their way back. I mean...well, they are living in the same region, misty (and Brock) already visited ash multiple times (even in Alola), AND they are best friends. That's exactly the reason why I'm okey with both outcomes. : )

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I mean....yes, I'm 99% sure that these two won't make this shipping canon. BUT if there is a goodbye scene for misty and brock, this one will hopefully be very cute. The misty scene was, that's for sure. If there is no goodbye, than I don't think there will be another big hint in that episode. But honestly, I'm okey with both outcomes. Having misty and brock staying by ash side is 100% okey for me, even if there is no other big hint.

I'm just glad that this trio is back one last time. : ) Just like Rica said in the interview, this three will always be together, even if they chasing after their own dreams, going in different directions for a while, they always will find their way back. I mean...well, they are living in the same region, misty (and Brock) already visited ash multiple times (even in Alola), AND they are best friends. That's exactly the reason why I'm okey with both outcomes. : )
Yeah with an open ending at least we can all headcanon in harmony and unite in being disappointed in the ending

Sirunala

Yeah with an open ending at least we can all headcanon in harmony and unite in being disappointed in the ending
Exactly! In the end we're all sitting in the same boat, because most likely no shipping will get canon and we all will be a bit disappointed. So this should be the perfect time to end this stupid shipping wars, right? Every shipping has the same right to exists, (almost) every shipping is as realistic as the other, because Ash is to young to truley undersand the concept of love. So as long as there is no very obvious hint at the end MPM11 that Ash has a crush on a girl (or boy), every shipping can happen! Beside, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of cute ffs and fancomics which probably are better than the idea of any of the Pokemon writers anyway. (not that the wirters are bad in general, I'm just thinking there are a lot of very talentend fans out there)

(Still, although I'm happy with MPM2, a last sweet scene between misty and ash would be cute.)

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
(Still, although I'm happy with MPM2, a last sweet scene between misty and ash would be cute.)
Well I may have some disagreements with some of the pokeshippers here but I got to hand it you guys. You got a full episode dedicated to ash and misty while the other half of our ship spent most of her return trying to develop a character who ended up underdeveloped.

Sirunala

Well I may have some disagreements with some of the pokeshippers here but I got to hand it you guys. You got a full episode dedicated to ash and misty while the other half of our ship spent most of her return trying to develop a character who ended up underdeveloped.
I mean...that may not mean much because I'm not an amourshipper... but you guys have a cute goodbye scene with serena (XY) - I don't see misty doing something like that at the end, it probably wouldn't fit her character at this point. I'm pretty sure Misty has a little crush on Ash, BUT there are a lot other things on her mind too and she also probably wouldn't admit her feeling that clearly - she may not even understand them, after all she is a kid just like ash. xD That beeing said, I still don't like this whole "ash is my new goal" thing in the last episode of xy - but I also think 105 fixed a lot of things. This JN episode may not be the most satisfying in regards of shipping, but for me it solved a lot of Issues I once had with serena. : ) So now you amour guys have a cute goodbye in XY and a strong, independent Pokegirl, especially after 105 - that's at least a good basis for a cute couple in the future. (I know, that's a bit offtopic, It's the Pokeshipping thread afterall ^^° )

Altough, I still like Pokeshipping more. It was the very first shipping I ever shipped, so it holds a very special place in my heart. I just LOVE their interaction - this duo made me smile back then, and they still do when I watch the old OS episodes. MPM2 was basically EVERYTHING I loved about Pokeshipping. In my point of view all this shippings should be seen lighthearted, in the end they are all kids, most of them don't really get the concept of love, and thats okey.
I mean I consider it a win if they continue traveling together cause the show ends that way. With Misty by Ash’s side.
If "win" means that I'm kind of happy or at least satisfied with the ending than I think I will win too. : D

Srsddf4781

I mean...that may not mean much because I'm not an amourshipper... but you guys have a cute goodbye scene with serena (XY) - I don't see misty doing something like that at the end, it probably wouldn't fit her character at this point. I'm pretty sure Misty has a little crush on Ash, BUT there are a lot other things on her mind too and she also probably wouldn't admit her feeling that clearly - she may not even understand them, after all she is a kid just like ash. xD That beeing said, I still don't like this whole "ash is my new goal" thing in the last episode of xy - but I also think 105 fixed a lot of things. This JN episode may not be the most satisfying in regards of shipping, but for me it solved a lot of Issues I once had with serena. : ) So now you amour guys have a cute goodbye in XY and a strong, independent Pokegirl, especially after 105 - that's at least a good basis for a cute couple in the future. (I know, that's a bit offtopic, It's the Pokeshipping thread afterall ^^° )

Altough, I still like Pokeshipping more. It was the very first shipping I ever shipped, so it holds a very special place in my heart. I just LOVE their interaction - this duo made me smile back then, and they still do when I watch the old OS episodes. MPM2 was basically EVERYTHING I loved about Pokeshipping. In my point of view all this shippings should be seen lighthearted, in the end they are all kids, most of them don't really get the concept of love, and thats okey.

If "win" means that I'm kind of happy or at least satisfied with the ending than I think I will win too. : D
Yeah, they’re but ten years old. Realistically speaking, we shouldn’t ask for a lot anyway. Since you brought it up previously, we did manage to find where the company openly admitted that Misty had a crush on Ash. Found in ‘Pokémon The Official Movie Guide 1998- 2005.’ The book was never released outside of Japan. Officially making the ship semi- canon. The shipping wars are indeed terrible; we should just keep our heads up, be respectful to everyone’s opinion and stay hopeful.