• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Sirunala

Double Posting
Yeah, they’re but ten years old. Realistically speaking, we shouldn’t ask for a lot anyway. Since you brought it up previously, we did manage to find where the company openly admitted that Misty had a crush on Ash. Found in ‘Pokémon The Official Movie Guide 1998- 2005.’ The book was never released outside of Japan. Officially making the ship semi- canon. The shipping wars are indeed terrible; we should just keep our heads up, be respectful to everyone’s opinion and stay hopeful.
I didn't know that, but that's cute !
I never needed a confirmation that she has a crush on him, but it's cool to have one ! : D

Seems like Misty and Brock are really in the last episode (not 100% sure, but it seems that way based on the leaks we have). If this trio split up I have that headcanon that Ash is giving Misty the hair tie (MPM8) (or a similar looking one) because she gave hers to banette without even thinking about it twice (this still is really cute, I mean....It took her 1 full hour to decide which one she want, while it took her not even a second to decide to give it to Banette). Seeing Ash honor that side of misty would be...kind of cute. If misty then answer something like :"well, but I don't have a gift for you" with ash answering: "I still have your lure, remember?" showing her the lure while misty is blushing. Just a headcanon, not very realistic. But cute. : ) (then she gives him one last cheek kiss as a goodbye gift. xD I know, probably not very "misty-like"....let me dream, okey? xD)

Srsddf4781

Friendly reminder- Don’t double post! It goes against the moderation codes of conduct. I personally forgot and made the mistake by simply wanting to contribute to the conversation. IMPORTANT!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP, fans! We have reached out to Rica Matsumoto and Mayumi Iisuka with a lighthearted message and we need YOUR HELP sharing it to as many friends of the fandom as possible. Here’s a link: Be appropriate, be kind and help us thank these two for all the memories they give people daily!

Srsddf4781

As of now, we did post said tweet. After communicating with Grace, we kindly decided to delete the post. She has much more experience with these matters and just on the safe side, has decided it could bother the voice actors, despite the fact they have discussed the topic openly before. Still, it was good intentions and no hard feelings were made!

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Given the rumors and leaks for the next episode, can’t help but wonder if we’ll get some form of acknowledgement of that scene from the end of Movie 5. Might be glossed over if anything, but still interesting to think about.

Srsddf4781

Given the rumors and leaks for the next episode, can’t help but wonder if we’ll get some form of acknowledgement of that scene from the end of Movie 5. Might be glossed over if anything, but still interesting to think about.
There are rumors, especially from the Indian PokeTubers that Latias will change to human form again. Don’t know if that is real, but it would be fun to see Misty’s reaction.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Well, guys. It appears that Aim to be the Pokémon Master Arc has smiles upon Misty. If it’s down to the 11th episode, it serves as Misty’s Last Chance to tell Ash how she feel about him.

Srsddf4781

So, if anyone on here is interested, there is a YouTube channel called ‘PokeUniter’ that will appreciate some help with pokeshipping. They’ve been throwing out hints and information on the ship left and right. They respond to most comments, I’ve noticed; so go ahead and give them a hand!
Additionally, one of the important books I’ve continuously mentioned can be found at websites like this:

Last edited:

greninjamaster

Lmao I love that the montage dedicated to the 25+ years is almost all the OS. It just goes to show that is the most recognizable and beloved. The other ones featured are DP and Journeys.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Last edited:

Srsddf4781

Bro are you actually blind?

EDIT:
Here's the actual full version in case you still wanna parrot your agenda
I don’t believe we need to get worked up over what scene was or wasn’t good. It all was all good. One thing we can appreciate, since this is the ‘AshxMisty’ thread is the very end of that wonderful slide was dedicated solely to his original friends. Specifically for pokeshippers, the company decided to show Misty blushing when speaking to Ash.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I'll openly admit I have extremely mixed feelings about MPM at this point. However, I've talked enough about the negatives elsewhere and I don't like dwelling on that side of things too much. One big positive that's come out of it is that it's renewed my love for this ship and the community surrounding it. Being the first ship I ever got attached to, I can't express enough how much joy it brings me to see PokeShipping going strong 26 years into this massive series. Additionally, since hopping back on Serebii, I've met and talked with some great people on this thread. I'm grateful for this community and hope it continues to go strong even after the adventures of Ash and Misty as we know them end for good.

Srsddf4781

I can personally agree with SunGodNika1997. I’m glad I reached out to the community; we all got to teach each other about the lore. What more could Pokémon fans ask for?! Also, since the quality of this last season keeps getting called to question, we should likely all read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonanime/comments/11q5j3o I’m really getting tired of “this isn’t my head canon ending narrative.” We’re all so lucky to have Ash, Brock, Misty, and Pikachu back to together again. All people want to to do is fight, or sow anger it seems. I’m looking forward to any magna, comics, or novels that are released for this final season and the pokeshipping it will include.

Ashmisty

I can personally agree with SunGodNika1997. I’m glad I reached out to the community; we all got to teach each other about the lore. What more could Pokémon fans ask for?! Also, since the quality of this last season keeps getting called to question, we should likely all read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonanime/comments/11q5j3o I’m really getting tired of “this isn’t my head canon ending narrative.” We’re all so lucky to have Ash, Brock, Misty, and Pikachu back to together again. All people want to to do is fight, or sow anger it seems. I’m looking forward to any magna, comics, or novels that are released for this final season and the pokeshipping it will include.
I am glad someone cleared it up. Honestly I have seen so many people complaining that how loose ends should be tied up or how these are just filler episodes and nothing else. I can understand where people are coming from given a lot of them have invested so many years in this anime but first things first, Ash’s story arc is over as of now. At least we got to see a mini series where he got the chance to travel with his old companions again, going on a carefree journey with no end goal in mind, no badges to earn, no competition to worry about,just enjoying himself with his friends, being his 10 year old self and exploring the wonders of Pokémon world, helping people like he always does. He is just a child, who has determination and goals, the curiosity to know more about Pokémon, there’s no definitive answer to what it means to be a Pokémon master, I am sure when he grows up, he would do more of soul searching. As of now, even no shipping needs to be concluded, why does he need a girlfriend anyway? And exactly how many loose ends would they have possibly tied up in just these eleven 20 or so minutes episodes? People have unrealistic expectations sometimes. Ash’s journey is endless, he is a free spirited kid who won’t stop at one thing, at least as of now, what more could they have possibly shown in his send off, this ain’t a soap opera lol. And many people have a habit of misinterpreting things written in languages we don’t understand, and anything today on internet spreads like wildfire. As much as I love pokeshipping, I can’t possibly imagine what they can do with them conclusively, the way they interact, the way they flirt, the way they support each other, the way Ash returns to his OS self just around her, it’s enough for me to deduce that they feel something towards each other. Yes I would have liked to see something more concrete, but this has always been a kids show, an anime about Ash and his Pokémon, anything else is secondary and would always remain so, they did give a nice send off to most of his companions in the journeys, and as a tribute they showed the OG trio in this mini series, now they can’t keep everyone happy can they, phew that’s quite a rant! XD

Last edited:

Srsddf4781

I am glad someone cleared it up. Honestly I have seen so many people complaining that how loose ends should be tied up or how these are just filler episodes and nothing else. I can understand where people are coming from given a lot of them have invested so many years in this anime but first things first, Ash’s story arc is over as of now. At least we got to see a mini series where he got the chance to travel with his old companions again, going on a carefree journey with no end goal in mind, no badges to earn, no competition to worry about,just enjoying himself with his friends, being his 10 year old self and exploring the wonders of Pokémon world, helping people like he always does. He is just a child, who has determination and goals, the curiosity to know more about Pokémon, there’s no definitive answer to what it means to be a Pokémon master, I am sure when he grows up, he would do more of soul searching. As of now, even no shipping needs to be concluded, why does he need a girlfriend anyway? And exactly how many loose ends would they have possibly tied up in just these eleven 20 or so minutes episodes? People have unrealistic expectations sometimes. Ash’s journey is endless, he is a free spirited kid who won’t stop at one thing, at least as of now, what more could they have possibly shown in his send off, this ain’t a soap opera lol. And many people have a habit of misinterpreting things written in languages we don’t understand, and anything today on internet spreads like wildfire. As much as I love pokeshipping, I can’t possibly imagine what they can do with them conclusively, the way they interact, the way they flirt, the way they support each other, the way Ash returns to his OS self just around her, it’s enough for me to deduce that they feel something towards each other. Yes I would have liked to see something more concrete, but this has always been a kids show, an anime about Ash and his Pokémon, anything else is secondary and would always remain so, they did give a nice send off to most of his companions in the journeys, and as a tribute they showed the OG trio in this mini series, now they can’t keep everyone happy can they, phew that’s quite a rant! XD
No, it needed to be said. You’re absolutely right in that people ought to stop obsessing over them not getting their head canon. It’s become so toxic that they literally will lie to so many people just to push their narrative. It’s asinine. As for pokeshipping, I personally won’t give up hope; the company has given so much information that I never expected for this OTP. We might not see them date or anything crazy on screen, but the only information we have on Satoshi’s future is linked with the romantic reference and imagery of Kasumi. Literally, that’s beyond wonderful. Let’s all come together and be happy for more hints in the coming episodes!

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
So I’ve been reminiscing a bit on the old PokeShipping days and was just curious. Does anyone else remember Teppo?

92104fd252c2062c3cfaea73986572ba.jpg

Credit: Teppo

She’s easily a veteran of both the Pokémon and PokeShipping fandom, having started around the early 2000s. Created tons of great artwork back in the day that might be instantly recognizable if you’ve been in the community for a while. I’ve said before that there’s nothing quite like vintage PokeShipping art, and Teppo is easily one of my favorite artists in that category.

Sadly, her old website is no longer up, so a lot of her older artwork can be a bit hard to find on the web (and a lot of it also has an annoying Photobucket watermark over it), but I think it’s worth digging for. She occasionally still makes art from what I’ve found, but unfortunately doesn’t appear to do PokeShipping art these days. Here’s her Twitter for those curious:

Srsddf4781

I’m afraid I personally don’t remember Teppo; as I personally didn’t have internet back then. What I can say is that ‘AAML’ will gladly share your information that she is active on Twitter and credit you for the update. I’m sorry to say I personally also have poor news from Reddit. ‘AAML’ is the only remaining bastion of pokeshipping information that is active on Reddit. We’ve launched an ‘Olive Branch Post’ and hope our friends here and across the web will share. I’ll look up and post some of Teppo’s older work and repost them later. If anyone would like an introduction to pokeshipping in the subs, we’ve got you covered!
Subs for Indigo League and Orange Islands: https://nyaa.si/view/1237473 & https://nyaa.si/view/1410817
Further pokeshipping moments post OG can be found on torrents from nyaa.si

Last edited:
So I’ve been reminiscing a bit on the old PokeShipping days and was just curious. Does anyone else remember Teppo?

92104fd252c2062c3cfaea73986572ba.jpg

Credit: Teppo

She’s easily a veteran of both the Pokémon and PokeShipping fandom, having started around the early 2000s. Created tons of great artwork back in the day that might be instantly recognizable if you’ve been in the community for a while. I’ve said before that there’s nothing quite like vintage PokeShipping art, and Teppo is easily one of my favorite artists in that category.

Sadly, her old website is no longer up, so a lot of her older artwork can be a bit hard to find on the web (and a lot of it also has an annoying Photobucket watermark over it), but I think it’s worth digging for. She occasionally still makes art from what I’ve found, but unfortunately doesn’t appear to do PokeShipping art these days. Here’s her Twitter for those curious:

I do haha. Teppo and Miyabi Akasaka were the 2 main Japanese fanartists you would see posted in western circles. Likely because they both had their own website, neither of which exist anymore

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I do haha. Teppo and Miyabi Akasaka were the 2 main Japanese fanartists you would see posted in western circles. Likely because they both had their own website, neither of which exist anymore
Oh wow, I had nearly forgotten about Miyabi Akasaka! Thanks for reminding me, that's another major throwback. Guess that's just another nostalgic rabbit hole I'm gonna have to go down. I wonder if Miyabi has any form of online presence these days.