• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
It’s not Japan that will be doing live action Pokémon OS that would be Netflix. However there are heavy rumors in Hollywood circles that DP 2 will feature an aged up OS trio as well.

Pokeshippers are going to be fed once again one way or another so can’t wait for that.
DP already has a guy with a pikachu & gal with a psyduck. Ash & Misty would just be redundant.

Ashmisty

I think she's never publicly supported any shipping.
She seems to like the idea of Ash staying 10 forever.
Fair enough. I kinda agree with her. I know we all have complained from time to time about how Ash never grows up but it was better that way! Anime would have gotten way more weird.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I don’t really know, lol. Rica is good friends with Mayumi. With that said, Mayumi definitely is and I assume they’d both be okay with the pairing based on prior conversations.
I don't think Rica would say so publicly even if she was. Might be a bit of a PR nightmare, all things considered.

greninjamaster

DP already has a guy with a pikachu & gal with a psyduck. Ash & Misty would just be redundant.
DP 2 is not gonna have either character returning. Justice nor the actress playing Lucy are returning. Reynolds is the only one from the cast coming back for obvious reasons.

AARTX

Dead inside…
‘Sore ja’ is collegially an adverb in Japanese. We also can also translate the term as in, ‘all right.’ She still called him ‘Sato- Chan.’ By the way, the anime is over, everyone. There doesn’t need to be stupid shipping wars. I’m reading the comments too. We can always agree to disagree.
I’m truly sorry for crushing your beliefs, but I rewatched that scene again and I am 100% sure she said "sore ja" or "alright then" and NOT sato-chan. The full thing was "alright then, I’m heading home to hanada (cerulean) gym!/city!"

Delphine

I’m truly sorry for crushing your beliefs, but I rewatched that scene again and I am 100% sure she said "sore ja" or "alright then" and NOT sato-chan. The full thing was "alright then, I’m heading home to hanada (cerulean) gym!/city!"
Wow, I am really flabbergasted. You really like to irritate Pokeshippers. I remember that you don't even like Misty so why are you posting here. This is really a comment of 'dead inside'.

But you know what, it doesn't matter if it was "sore ja" or "sato-chan". It's great to hear that Pokeshipping will live on in media, don't you think?

AARTX

Dead inside…
Wow, I am really flabbergasted. You really like to irritate Pokeshippers. I remember that you don't even like Misty so why are you posting here. This is really a comment of 'dead inside'.

But you know what, it doesn't matter if it was "sore ja" or "sato-chan". It's great to hear that Pokeshipping will live on in media, don't you think?
So the usual "correction of a mistake = hating on Misty/Pokeshipping" excuse

Typical

Delphine

So the usual "correction of a mistake = hating on Misty/Pokeshipping" excuse

Typical
There are extensively posts made about this mistake.

And I am sorry, but you made the comment that you didn't like Misty, I didn't. It is just weird that if you don't like that person, you are posting in the Pokeshipping forum. Then it looks like you don't support this ship. So why take the time to correct that mistake (when it is already discussed and some Pokeshippers think that it could be "sore ja"

Last edited:

Srsddf4781

Guys, it’s really not worth getting that defensive over. It’s a simple mistake, it’s been corrected, let’s just move on.
Thank you, SunGodNika1997. It’s literally pointless. There are still people debating it on Twitter. So, yeah let’s move on. It doesn’t shatter my dreams if it’s wrong. I appreciate any kindness anyone gives because I’m documenting this stuff for people. So either way, it’ll be alright; the current subs state “Well, Hananda City’s this way. It was a lot of fun traveling with you again! Satoshi! Takeshi! Bye!” It was nice. Was anybody else happy to see the other pokeshippers proud we got this far? It’s a good time to be an AniPoke fan.

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
So I say this at the risk of sounding like I'm just "playing moderator," but I enjoy both this ship and this thread, and since things have gotten a bit more lively over the past day or so, I think it's worth saying a few things.

Might as well share this bit from Sushi's post on the AmourShipping thread again:

Finally: Rival shippers and skeptics, you are welcome to participate in this thread, but that invitation is only open as long as you remain respectful and refrain from party pooping at any given opportunity. Clearing up factually incorrect information spread by another user, or voicing a little bit of doubt here and there, or staying cautious when others voice sky-high expectations, that's fine. Debbie Downers who're all "meh" and "nah" at every hopeful/optimistic interpretation or theory shared here on the other hand, are strongly encouraged to check out other places. Even if you're not eligible for a forum-wide ban, you can be banned from replying to specific threads. Just saying.

Basically, the thread's not just limited to PokeShippers only. Anyone willing to engage on the subject of the ship is welcome to participate. That means there might be non-shippers or "rival shippers" involved too. But just because someone offers a bit of criticism or corrects some misleading or false information doesn't mean that they're just hating on Misty, PokeShipping, or you as a person in general. On top of that, getting angry at someone that doesn't quite agree with you isn't going to end the "shipping war."

Most if not all of us are adults here. Not everyone's going to agree with you about your shipping opinions, and that's fine, but you don't have to take it as a personal attack. Just being rude and nasty doesn't do anyone any good, and just makes PokeShippers in general look bad.

Alright, stepping off the soap box now.

Srsddf4781

So I say this at the risk of sounding like I'm just "playing moderator," but I enjoy both this ship and this thread, and since things have gotten a bit more lively over the past day or so, I think it's worth saying a few things.

Might as well share this bit from Sushi's post on the AmourShipping thread again:

Basically, the thread's not just limited to PokeShippers only. Anyone willing to engage on the subject of the ship is welcome to participate. That means there might be non-shippers or "rival shippers" involved too. But just because someone offers a bit of criticism or corrects some misleading or false information doesn't mean that they're just hating on Misty, PokeShipping, or you as a person in general. On top of that, getting angry at someone that doesn't quite agree with you isn't going to end the "shipping war."

Most if not all of us are adults here. Not everyone's going to agree with you about your shipping opinions, and that's fine, but you don't have to take it as a personal attack. Just being rude and nasty doesn't do anyone any good, and just makes PokeShippers in general look bad.

Alright, stepping off the soap box now.
Everybody needs to be friendly. EVERYBODY. Good job!

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
DP 2 is not gonna have either character returning. Justice nor the actress playing Lucy are returning. Reynolds is the only one from the cast coming back for obvious reasons.
Still though, would they have both Detective Pikachu & Ash's Pikachu in the same film or would that be deemed redundant?

Sirunala

Because it's more lively here right now, I might as well use this to ask some questions about Pokeshipping : D

Do you have any unpopular opinion about the ship?
To be honest, I just ship the OS-DP Ash and the MPM2 Ash with Misty (maybe SM Ash a bit too). I Guess for me OS-DP ash are one consistant charactere, ash has grown and had some charactere developement, but he still is the same Ash. In BW he lost a lot of this developement, which makes me think the anime with this Ash sould have ended after DP - with grown up characteres and maybe even with ash and misty as a couple. BW would be the perfect time to introduce "Ash from another universe" - this would also explain why he is still 10 years old. Just give him a great charactere development and a less "childish" personality in this series and let the series End with XY, also with a grown up ash and maybe even with an Serena x Ash ending. I wouldn't mind at all, I just can't really ship XY ash with Misty, he is too much of a different charactere compared to the OS-DP. From sun and moon onwards, ash feels like a completly different charactere - honestly, why didn't they just make a new protagonist for this anime. I like Sun and Moon (at least all episodes I've seen), but there is no real reason why ash must be the protagonist in this show.....

Ashmisty

Because it's more lively here right now, I might as well use this to ask some questions about Pokeshipping : D

Do you have any unpopular opinion about the ship?
To be honest, I just ship the OS-DP Ash and the MPM2 Ash with Misty (maybe SM Ash a bit too). I Guess for me OS-DP ash are one consistant charactere, ash has grown and had some charactere developement, but he still is the same Ash. In BW he lost a lot of this developement, which makes me think the anime with this Ash sould have ended after DP - with grown up characteres and maybe even with ash and misty as a couple. BW would be the perfect time to introduce "Ash from another universe" - this would also explain why he is still 10 years old. Just give him a great charactere development and a less "childish" personality in this series and let the series End with XY, also with a grown up ash and maybe even with an Serena x Ash ending. I wouldn't mind at all, I just can't really ship XY ash with Misty, he is too much of a different charactere compared to the OS-DP. From sun and moon onwards, ash feels like a completly different charactere - honestly, why didn't they just make a new protagonist for this anime. I like Sun and Moon (at least all episodes I've seen), but there is no real reason why ash must be the protagonist in this show.....
Contrary to popular belief, I think Misty would have gelled along with XY Ash just fine as well. The thing is that whenever Ash has interacted with Misty, he has retained his OS personality, even in MPM02, he showed glimpses of that surprisingly. XY Ash was a typical Shounen hero, a cardboard cut out personality with this mature and always positive outlook towards things, he was slightly different from the Ash we were used to seeing. May be they would have moulded Misty according to his personality as well, how the characters are designed and interact, is based on the current running theme of the anime. Like Misty isn’t that temperamental red head we knew back then, she has mellowed down a lot. She still has her bouts of anger, but not as much as she used to have. It would have been interesting to see how she would have interacted with a mature XY Ash. May be she would have been surprised by his personality, and would have given a snarky comment here and there like “ oh now you behaving all that sensibly, you were such a little a**hole to me” xD. May be she would have gotten a reaction out of him then too. No matter how many times they have reset Ash, his core personality never changes, i.e his optimism, willingness to help others, his determination etc.

Srsddf4781

There’s a ton of debate on whether Ash should’ve been retired after Diamond and Pearl, especially now that ‘no one’ is getting their head canon ending. The current interpretation of Ash is a culmination of nine generations of the franchise. Every interpretation is a bit different due to the writers from their time. Will X & Y Ash work with Misty? MPM episode 2 seems to showcase this as a resounding yes- As ‘Ashmisty’ discussed, Ash is still himself. He’s not going to forget the interactions he’s had nor will he conform to being the ‘perfect shounen.’ For whatever reason, Ash is his true self around Misty in particular. Director Yuyama’s statements can be interpreted as ambiguous, but I personally think it’s clear. Only Misty can bring out the true Ash. It would be insane to not think the two love one another very much. Besides Brock, Ash is the most comfortable around Misty. They are his two best friends in the whole world, so this makes sense. That’s likely an unpopular belief due to the shipping wars, but ‘Pokémon Sun & Moon The Novel’ says otherwise. As pokeshippers, we are beyond lucky the Pokémon company made such sweeping changes post X & Y.

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
If we’re talking unpopular opinions, this isn’t specifically about PokeShipping, per se, but I think Misty’s return in AG is possibly the weakest in the series. Should have been a great reunion episode where we got to see plenty of interaction with Ash, and also how she got along with May, the new PokeGirl in town. Instead, the characters got thrown into all that Mirage Kingdom nonsense. Not to mention it felt like Misty was only there to complete the arc for her Togepi, something that probably should have been done in Johto.

Another one that might get me grilled by some. I think Misty and Serena would have gotten along beautifully if they ever met. I think it was a huge missed opportunity. They might have even been able to share their collective trauma of dealing with and crushing on someone as dense as Ash.