• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Ashmisty

It’s a good example to wonder why they give one character the only on- screen imagery of being the main protagonist’s future wife, and then never have them openly admit that they have crushes on each other. It’s weird, but we don’t know even know when Satoshi figures out that he likes Kasumi in a romantic light. The Pokémon Company decided to not confirm the latter either; making the ship stay semi- canon. We can theorize, but we may never know. Kasumi does like him and at an early age too. So, anyones’ guess.
Yup. Apart from some hints we don’t even have anything from Ash’s end. We can only speculate, and I find it amusing that shippers keep on fighting about a 10 year old’s love life when most probably the only things he thinks about are food and Pokémon xD I think Kasumi was better in tune with her feelings, since girls at that age also mature faster than boys. Though it’s still a shame that we never got to see Ash’s perspective regarding all this. Might have put all shipwars at end once and for all. There’s a lot of wasted potential when it came to character development. How cool it would have been to see a more emotionally intelligent Ash!

Srsddf4781

Yup. Apart from some hints we don’t even have anything from Ash’s end. We can only speculate, and I find it amusing that shippers keep on fighting about a 10 year old’s love life when most probably the only things he thinks about are food and Pokémon xD I think Kasumi was better in tune with her feelings, since girls at that age also mature faster than boys. Though it’s still a shame that we never got to see Ash’s perspective regarding all this. Might have put all shipwars at end once and for all. There’s a lot of wasted potential when it came to character development. How cool it would have been to see a more emotionally intelligent Ash!
Well, Shudo did say she is “of the age when girls fall in love.” With Satoshi, we have no concrete confirmation. Anything else is speculation. Speaking of speculation, I’d love to hear your opinions, but I do think he is more aware than we have been admitted to by the Pokémon Company.

Morax

King of heroes
Now you are going on a completely different tangent here lol. Nobody even talked about his supposed struggles and hardships in “love”? Who knows how he would have gotten the girl. That’s up to headcanons, fanfictions and interpretations. And why are we even arguing over this lol? That guy is an eternally 10 year old, romance was the last thing on his mind. May be all the girls crushing on him would have ultimately given up for all we know xD
I thought we were talking about a potential 'what-if' scenario? Extrapolating based on what we have now, one can conclude that Ash is dying a virgin.

Morax

King of heroes
a more emotionally intelligent Ash!
images

>Ash
>Ever becoming emotionally intelligent

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
Hypothetically speaking. They never gave much development to his character so obviously it’s all “could have been” now.
'Hypotheticaly speaking' Ash is a stock shounen hero. Even when he grows up, he's never gonna look at girls and pop a boner.

Srsddf4781

With the anime over, this moderator wants to say thank you to all the users on this thread. r/aaml will continue to document and protect a safe place for fans whom wish to learn about the het- ship, ‘pokeshipping’ and it’s impact on the Pokémon franchise. Regardless of the shipping war that will inevitably continue, we will strive to prevent such things on that sub and very well may continue to contribute to this conversation. If anyone would like to help contribute to that community, please visit https://www.reddit.com/r/aaml/?utm_..._app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1 ~ As a side note, the multiple users on this thread whom have helped with documentation in the past have been credited and quoted on r/aaml. We appreciate you!

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I'm sorry but the idea of multiple girls yearning for the MC while all he has to do is make a choice just doesn't sit well with me. Harems are stupid

Isn't that like a third to a half of all anime?

Male or female protagonist will get multiple girls/boys pining after them.

That's why I think the reason a lot of people, especially Pokeshippers, liked the Orange Islands arc because it felt like Ash got jealous/defensive and had to actually battle for Misty. It wasn't just a one-way street.

Pokeshipper_

I think the last episode was the best ending for Ash's endless journey.

About Pokéshipping, maybe it was a bit disappointing in the end, but yet we have the second episode of Mesaze Pokémon Master, where Ash and Misty interactions was full of Pokéshipping hints and their characters were just so full of life like in the OS. Their faces, their way to tease each other will be always memorable and a stone in the whole serie, since the very first episode. So I think these things, some episodes, Pokéshipping related, will be always there and we can watch them everytime we want, and dream about them, like If we're kids again watching TV and we can ship our favorite couple, AAML and first OTP, for the veterans. An we can add some hints we haven't seen the first time, re-watching all the episodes. And I think it's beautiful.

And remember too Misty is the first and the last Ash's companion, that was always along his side, no matter what, in his worst times and in his best times, in the beninning and in the end, because Misty was, she's and she'll always be Ash queen of hearts, on screen or in our minds, in our hearts and in our souls.

Ashmisty

Well, Shudo did say she is “of the age when girls fall in love.” With Satoshi, we have no concrete confirmation. Anything else is speculation. Speaking of speculation, I’d love to hear your opinions, but I do think he is more aware than we have been admitted to by the Pokémon Company.
More aware of? His feelings? May be or may be not. Like I mentioned since we never got to know his perspective, we can only speculate. It’s completely possible that whatever he felt for Misty was more on a subconscious level and his conscious mind never payed much attention to all that, since his goals were the things he was more focused on. If at any given moment, he might have been even slightly aware, may be he quickly brushed it off and tried to ignore it by pretending that it didn’t matter at the end of the day. Since we have no acknowledgement of those unclear feelings from his side, I assume it was more instinctive. Misty at least questioned herself or her relationship with Ash to a degree, so I think she was definitely aware about her own feelings to a good extent.

Srsddf4781

More aware of? His feelings? May be or may be not. Like I mentioned since we never got to know his perspective, we can only speculate. It’s completely possible that whatever he felt for Misty was more on a subconscious level and his conscious mind never payed much attention to all that, since his goals were the things he was more focused on. If at any given moment, he might have been even slightly aware, may be he quickly brushed it off and tried to ignore it by pretending that it didn’t matter at the end of the day. Since we have no acknowledgement of those unclear feelings from his side, I assume it was more instinctive. Misty at least questioned herself or her relationship with Ash to a degree, so I think she was definitely aware about her own feelings to a good extent.
Speculation was accurate. The crap face he gave makes me wonder if he thinks she likes him. We’ve discussed it before. I just feel as if this is just something he’s not ready for and that he knows her too well by now. They’re both still ten years old.
This is so wonderful. Using the lore references in the background is perfect.

Ashmisty

Speculation was accurate. The crap face he gave makes me wonder if he thinks she likes him. We’ve discussed it before. I just feel as if this is just something he’s not ready for and that he knows her too well by now. They’re both still ten years old.
This is so wonderful. Using the lore references in the background is perfect.
Yeah well thinking about the what if scenarios for this awesome ship is what I LOVE doing lol xD. The fact that it’s open ended and we never got any closure makes it more interesting to create those scenarios. Talking about their feelings, do you think Misty always thought her love was unrequited? I wouldn’t be surprised if she did. He hardly seemed to pay attention to the way she cared for him, ain’t his fault, his personality is like that. But must have frustrated the poor girl to some extent! Who doesn’t want to be noticed by their crush? I won’t be surprised if she never caught on to his jealousy though, otherwise it might have given her some idea!

Srsddf4781

Yeah well thinking about the what if scenarios for this awesome ship is what I LOVE doing lol xD. The fact that it’s open ended and we never got any closure makes it more interesting to create those scenarios. Talking about their feelings, do you think Misty always thought her love was unrequited? I wouldn’t be surprised if she did. He hardly seemed to pay attention to the way she cared for him, ain’t his fault, his personality is like that. But must have frustrated the poor girl to some extent! Who doesn’t want to be noticed by their crush? I won’t be surprised if she never caught on to his jealousy though, otherwise it might have given her some idea!
I think that’s a fun question for everyone here! So let’s ask, lol. ~ My answer will be that while I personally hope this is the last we see of Satoshi on- screen,(I’m done with the shipping wars) I do think he’s come to realize it. Mind you, we know that’s not been confirmed, but his agitation at not keeping Kasumi’s attention around other men has likely made him think long and hard. He can’t let those feelings get in the way of his profession, and he’s not ready for such a commitment since he’s so young. The suggestive ‘hints’ in the series does make it seem that it annoys her that Satoshi hasn’t made a move. The big deal with Corphish and Clauncher seem to make this clearer. She puffs out her cheeks and goes red while coming up with excuses. She’s got it bad and I think he’s enjoying it.

Ashmisty

I think that’s a fun question for everyone here! So let’s ask, lol. ~ My answer will be that while I personally hope this is the last we see of Satoshi on- screen,(I’m done with the shipping wars) I do think he’s come to realize it. Mind you, we know that’s not been confirmed, but his agitation at not keeping Kasumi’s attention around other men has likely made him think long and hard. He can’t let those feelings get in the way of his profession, and he’s not ready for such a commitment since he’s so young. The suggestive ‘hints’ in the series does make it seem that it annoys her that Satoshi hasn’t made a move. The big deal with Corphish and Clauncher seem to make this clearer. She puffs out her cheeks and goes red while coming up with excuses. She’s got it bad and I think he’s enjoying it.
That teasing thing he did at the end of the second episode was more about how he caught on to the fact that she was making up excuses to travel with him, might not necessarily mean that he realised she might be crushing on him lol. He is too dense for that, I don’t think he ever acknowledged his own behaviour either, those bouts of jealousy were more instinctive like I said, he never gave them a second thought afterwards. The biggest hurdle in shippings involved with Ash is his denseness, his uninterest or lack of knowledge in that subject. While he does seem to recognise what “love” means, he finds it icky at the same time xD. I don’t blame him, 10 year old boys aren’t into things like that. Having said that, I think Kasumi understands that Satoshi is too young and naive for such things, his priorities are somewhere else at the moment, still I found it so adorable that she was holding onto her feelings in those chronicles episodes and kinda seemed like she was willing to wait for him aww! <3 xD. But some years down the line, if Satoshi continued to elude the subject, how much more willing Misty would be to put up with him? Thoughts? I read a very realistic fan fiction on this said scenario though! It’s titled “Nothing changes”, if you want to give it a try! It deals with Misty’s frustration about the lack of acknowledgment from Ash about her feelings, it goes on from her childhood to adulthood. It’s a very believable story! She feels heartbroken about how Ash doesn’t seem to notice her as more than a friend, while also frustrated about how she is not able to move on from him, even after going out on several dates with other guys! I won’t spoil it for ya, give it a try, it has a happy ending and things explained from Ash’s perspective as well.

Srsddf4781

That teasing thing he did at the end of the second episode was more about how he caught on to the fact that she was making up excuses to travel with him, might not necessarily mean that he realised she might be crushing on him lol. He is too dense for that, I don’t think he ever acknowledged his own behaviour either, those bouts of jealousy were more instinctive like I said, he never gave them a second thought afterwards. The biggest hurdle in shippings involved with Ash is his denseness, his uninterest or lack of knowledge in that subject. While he does seem to recognise what “love” means, he finds it icky at the same time xD. I don’t blame him, 10 year old boys aren’t into things like that. Having said that, I think Kasumi understands that Satoshi is too young and naive for such things, his priorities are somewhere else at the moment, still I found it so adorable that she was holding onto her feelings in those chronicles episodes and kinda seemed like she was willing to wait for him aww! <3 xD. But some years down the line, if Satoshi continued to elude the subject, how much more willing Misty would be to put up with him? Thoughts? I read a very realistic fan fiction on this said scenario though! It’s titled “Nothing changes”, if you want to give it a try! It deals with Misty’s frustration about the lack of acknowledgment from Ash about her feelings, it goes on from her childhood to adulthood. It’s a very believable story! She feels heartbroken about how Ash doesn’t seem to notice her as more than a friend, while also frustrated about how she is not able to move on from him, even after going out on several dates with other guys! I won’t spoil it for ya, give it a try, it has a happy ending and things explained from Ash’s perspective as well.
I have hope, lol. I really like your ideas and theories because it reminds me of ‘Hanandashipping.’ Despite Red aging and Misty not getting to see him often, she continues to have romantic feelings for him. It’s sweet that the two of them are known to not be platonic.

Ashmisty

I have hope, lol. I really like your ideas and theories because it reminds me of ‘Hanandashipping.’ Despite Red aging and Misty not getting to see him often, she continues to have romantic feelings for him. It’s sweet that the two of them are known to not be platonic.
Ngl, I am obsessed with Pokeshipping more because of Misty and her 3 dimensional character! Like Ash is a typical 10 year old protagonist, his interactions with Misty were pure gold of course back in those days but it’s Misty whose perspective I find more interesting. She is a tsundere. She also has a hard time admitting her feelings, it also doesn’t help that she was as stubborn as Ash regarding many things. Her unresolved feelings for him, while also somewhat dealing with his neglect makes room for a lot of interesting scenarios. Like how hostile she was towards him during the beginning, while simultaneously reminding him about her bike occasionally, after a while she completely forgot about it but I would say she still didn’t know where she stood with him. Their relationship was kinda precarious, she cared for him like a friend, and was possibly beginning to see him in a different light. I once read an interesting HC that she might have been in denial for a long time, that how could she possibly like a dense headed bike wrecker like him, since he used to get on her nerves like anything and was always so uninterested towards things she liked, he was totally opposite from the romantic notions she had in her mind yet wasn’t it amazing that she still fell for him xD So yes, Misty’s tsundere character definitely makes this ship more enjoyable to me.

Srsddf4781

Ngl, I am obsessed with Pokeshipping more because of Misty and her 3 dimensional character! Like Ash is a typical 10 year old protagonist, his interactions with Misty were pure gold of course back in those days but it’s Misty whose perspective I find more interesting. She is a tsundere. She also has a hard time admitting her feelings, it also doesn’t help that she was as stubborn as Ash regarding many things. Her unresolved feelings for him, while also somewhat dealing with his neglect makes room for a lot of interesting scenarios. Like how hostile she was towards him during the beginning, while simultaneously reminding him about her bike occasionally, after a while she completely forgot about it but I would say she still didn’t know where she stood with him. Their relationship was kinda precarious, she cared for him like a friend, and was possibly beginning to see him in a different light. I once read an interesting HC that she might have been in denial for a long time, that how could she possibly like a dense headed bike wrecker like him, since he used to get on her nerves like anything and was always so uninterested towards things she liked, he was totally opposite from the romantic notions she had in her mind yet wasn’t it amazing that she still fell for him xD So yes, Misty’s tsundere character definitely makes this ship more enjoyable to me.
We do technically have an answer on her feelings: “Kasumi is jealous for Fleura, who is getting along well with Satoshi.” This passage officially confirmed Kasumi’s romantic feelings for Satoshi; making pokeshipping a semi- canon ship. ~ ‘Pokémon Official Movie Guide 1998- 2005’ With that said, Satoshi’s expressions drive me toward enjoying the OTP as well. It comes off in interpretation that this is not purely platonic.