• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Ashmisty

In know it’s late where I live, so I’ll leave this for the thread before I collapse asleep: Here lies one of several suggestive ‘hints’ in episode 10 of the anime, ‘Fushigidane of The Hidden Village’~
https://www.reddit.com/r/aaml/comments/123adc2
Gosh you know it’s really amusing that the subbed versions sometimes have completely different dialogues from the dubbed ones! They can even sound more shippy or bold in general. Like this one- where do you think you are touching xD. Also I think a lot of people have this misconception that in the original version, Rudy asked Misty to marry him, that ain’t true, they are kids and a 15 or something gym leader asking a 10 year old to marry him is downright creepy to say the least! I think he asked her to marry him in the manga version. I don’t know what the exact dialogue was in the Japanese language though.

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Yes, before I started working with Jonii, I had heard it. When we were kids, this song briefly appeared on commercial break to promote the dual battle system that started with the Ruby and Sapphire game releases.
Interesting. I guess it is possible they used it for a commercial, and it only aired a handful of times, hence why it's so hard to find. Who knows?

And yeah, I'm actually on Jonii's Patreon, and he recently did a commentary for that PokeShipping video. I passed the info I found along to him, as he was still curious about the origin of that song.

Ashmisty

Since we are pretty active here, I wanted to know you people’s take on the ambiguous and controversial dialogue from Misty in GCYL. It’s a little different from the English version, where she says “ I know how you feel about me”, and in the Japanese she says “ I know how you feel”. It’s safe to say that in both versions she is thinking about Ash obviously but in what context she was thinking?

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Since we are pretty active here, I wanted to know you people’s take on the ambiguous and controversial dialogue from Misty in GCYL. It’s a little different from the English version, where she says “ I know how you feel about me”, and in the Japanese she says “ I know how you feel”. It’s safe to say that in both versions she is thinking about Ash obviously but in what context she was thinking?
I think she could have been thinking about his comments that it wasn't a coincidence that they met and that they were meant to be friends (not 100% sure if the sub dialogue differs with those statements). Maybe in spite of the fact that they had to go their separate ways at that moment, Ash's words reassured her that they would find their way back to each other somehow. Sure enough, it took them long enough, but we got to see that come to fruition.

Ashmisty

I think she could have been thinking about his comments that it wasn't a coincidence that they met and that they were meant to be friends (not 100% sure if the sub dialogue differs with those statements). Maybe in spite of the fact that they had to go their separate ways at that moment, Ash's words reassured her that they would find their way back to each other somehow. Sure enough, it took them long enough, but we got to see that come to fruition.
Yeah that fated dialogue from Ash was kinda unexpected, it sounded a little romantic as well xD. Misty might have had come to terms with the fact that he did care, even though he kinda brushed her off initially in the episode. That’s why she left with a content smile on her face. Talking about Misty, I have always thought she had a difficult childhood, not to forget how selfish and inconsiderate her sisters have always been towards her, they forced her to come back while they went on a vacation. Though becoming a gym leader did help Misty in the long run, I am sure she has honed her battling skills and she always had potential, she also got a freaking mega gyrados but a part of me feels if she is stuck at that place? Like is she content being a gym leader? I know that’s her responsibility since her sisters are no good and that gym needs her but what if she had dreams of her own? Most of Ash’s companions got goals to fulfill but they wasted Misty’s potential so much, made her togepi’s babysitter who was just reduced to a background cheerleader for Ash. Though she did get her moments to shine, whenever an episode centered around her, then I got to see how good she was at what she did! I hope she gets to travel again some day, can’t be stuck in that place forever!

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Yeah that fated dialogue from Ash was kinda unexpected, it sounded a little romantic as well xD. Misty might have had come to terms with the fact that he did care, even though he kinda brushed her off initially in the episode. That’s why she left with a content smile on her face. Talking about Misty, I have always thought she had a difficult childhood, not to forget how selfish and inconsiderate her sisters have always been towards her, they forced her to come back while they went on a vacation. Though becoming a gym leader did help Misty in the long run, I am sure she has honed her battling skills and she always had potential, she also got a freaking mega gyrados but a part of me feels if she is stuck at that place? Like is she content being a gym leader? I know that’s her responsibility since her sisters are no good and that gym needs her but what if she had dreams of her own? Most of Ash’s companions got goals to fulfill but they wasted Misty’s potential so much, made her togepi’s babysitter who was just reduced to a background cheerleader for Ash. Though she did get her moments to shine, whenever an episode centered around her, then I got to see how good she was at what she did! I hope she gets to travel again some day, can’t be stuck in that place forever!
I feel like Misty was a product of her time, and comparison to the other PokeGirls that followed her is a bit unfair. I've no doubt that had the anime started in the mid-2000s, Misty would have definitely been given clearer goals and more of a character arc. But I think it's also important to remember that the trio of Ash, Misty, and Brock was specifically designed as a group dynamic, with Ash being the main character and the only one that has a defined goal of becoming a Pokemon Master. They didn't even think girls would watch Pokemon, so the fact that Misty still became as popular as she was is impressive. Sure, they made major mistakes like with Togepi, but she definitely paved the way for the female characters to come.

Srsddf4781

Gosh you know it’s really amusing that the subbed versions sometimes have completely different dialogues from the dubbed ones! They can even sound more shippy or bold in general. Like this one- where do you think you are touching xD. Also I think a lot of people have this misconception that in the original version, Rudy asked Misty to marry him, that ain’t true, they are kids and a 15 or something gym leader asking a 10 year old to marry him is downright creepy to say the least! I think he asked her to marry him in the manga version. I don’t know what the exact dialogue was in the Japanese language though.
Actually, our subreddit is getting to that, lol! It will just take time since we are going through ALL the subbed episodes for the fandom and trying to find the suggestive ‘hints.’ Keep in mind that the Pokémon world is different from ours. Crazy enough, if one chooses the profession of becoming a Pokémon trainer at ten years old, they are charged as being considered a full- fledged adult. So… yeah; Kasumi could disturbingly get married.
Interesting. I guess it is possible they used it for a commercial, and it only aired a handful of times, hence why it's so hard to find. Who knows?

And yeah, I'm actually on Jonii's Patreon, and he recently did a commentary for that PokeShipping video. I passed the info I found along to him, as he was still curious about the origin of that song.
I haven’t messaged him recently, so yeah, let him know ‘u/Ben95man,’ the secondary moderator on your subreddit, does have memories of the commercial. I can also message him as a moderator if you’d like me to.

Ashmisty

I feel like Misty was a product of her time, and comparison to the other PokeGirls that followed her is a bit unfair. I've no doubt that had the anime started in the mid-2000s, Misty would have definitely been given clearer goals and more of a character arc. But I think it's also important to remember that the trio of Ash, Misty, and Brock was specifically designed as a group dynamic, with Ash being the main character and the only one that has a defined goal of becoming a Pokemon Master. They didn't even think girls would watch Pokemon, so the fact that Misty still became as popular as she was is impressive. Sure, they made major mistakes like with Togepi, but she definitely paved the way for the female characters to come.
Yeah I didn’t mean to compare. Misty was awesome just the way she was that’s why I felt they wasted some of her potential.
Actually, our subreddit is getting to that, lol! It will just take time since we are going through ALL the subbed episodes for the fandom and trying to find the suggestive ‘hints.’ Keep in mind that the Pokémon world is different from ours. Crazy enough, if one chooses the profession of becoming a Pokémon trainer at ten years old, they are charged as being considered a full- fledged adult. So… yeah; Kasumi could disturbingly get married.

I haven’t messaged him recently, so yeah, let him know ‘u/Ben95man,’ the secondary moderator on your subreddit, does have memories of the commercial. I can also message him as a moderator if you’d like me to.
Yeah Pokémon world can function differently from our own but I am pretty sure it’s illegal to get 10 year old kids married there as well xD. That’s why most people refer to these characters as “kids”, because that’s what they are. Sure it’s weird that they can roam around places on their own catching Pokémon, competing in tournaments but things like marriages are for adults. That’s why Ash is still single lol.

Srsddf4781

Yeah I didn’t mean to compare. Misty was awesome just the way she was that’s why I felt they wasted some of her potential.

Yeah Pokémon world can function differently from our own but I am pretty sure it’s illegal to get 10 year old kids married there as well xD. That’s why most people refer to these characters as “kids”, because that’s what they are. Sure it’s weird that they can roam around places on their own catching Pokémon, competing in tournaments but things like marriages are for adults. That’s why Ash is still single lol.
I have no idea when I’ll get to reply to this, (I’m a wee bit busy rn) but I’ll try to give you several examples. In ‘Nidorino and Nidorina! Takeshi's Rose Colored Days!?’ Takeshi is met by Himeka. According to the episode, Takeshi doesn’t want to marry Himeka due to her being younger than he (In Japan, Brock is coming confirmed to be an adult, not 15). With that said, it is Kasumi who pushes Takeshi to marry Himeka anyways. Ziggy, or ‘Rudy’ to English viewers does actually ask Kasumi to marry him during the episode, ‘Yuzu Gym! Type Battle 3 VS 3!!’ I imagine you must be talking about the magna, ‘The Electric Tale of Pikachu,’ and the passage you are looking for is named ‘You bet Your Wife.’ In the episode, ‘Nidoran's Love Story,’ Kasumi declares that Satoshi doesn’t understand the complexity of love because “you’re a kid” and “I’m a girl!” Satoshi sighs and tells Pikachu “I’m already grown up!” There are more sources of information, but to answer your previous question, yes; every dub of the Pokémon anime has changed the dialogues of the characters, sometimes it even alters and removes scenes. *Pants in explanation

Ashmisty

I have no idea when I’ll get to reply to this, (I’m a wee bit busy rn) but I’ll try to give you several examples. In ‘Nidorino and Nidorina! Takeshi's Rose Colored Days!?’ Takeshi is met by Himeka. According to the episode, Takeshi doesn’t want to marry Himeka due to her being younger than he (In Japan, Brock is coming confirmed to be an adult, not 15). With that said, it is Kasumi who pushes Takeshi to marry Himeka anyways. Ziggy, or ‘Rudy’ to English viewers does actually ask Kasumi to marry him during the episode, ‘Yuzu Gym! Type Battle 3 VS 3!!’ I imagine you must be talking about the magna, ‘The Electric Tale of Pikachu,’ and the passage you are looking for is named ‘You bet Your Wife.’ In the episode, ‘Nidoran's Love Story,’ Kasumi declares that Satoshi doesn’t understand the complexity of love because “you’re a kid” and “I’m a girl!” Satoshi sighs and tells Pikachu “I’m already grown up!” There are more sources of information, but to answer your previous question, yes; every dub of the Pokémon anime has changed the dialogues of the characters, sometimes it even alters and removes scenes. *Pants in explanation
Actually I am talking about the original Japanese version. I am pretty sure a lot of people confirmed that he didn’t ask her to marry him in the original version. But he did ask her to marry him in that “ electric tale of Pikachu” manga version, but that’s completely different from the anime since it contains a lot of adult themes I believe, and people at that time might have mixed up the two, otherwise Rudy would have been officially labelled a creep xD

Srsddf4781

Went ahead and messaged Jonii for SunGodNika1997 as a moderator. I should note that a previous message that r/aaml left for Bulbapedia could only be posted on their Bulbagarden threads since they’ve changed their rules on shipping information for the wiki itself.

Sirunala

I LOVE that art so much! There are some Pokeshippers and Amourshippers that are really nailing the pokemon anime style, it's impressive! : D

Getting a mix of Ash Black- White/ OG outfits and Misty Advance/ OG outfits. Really hope we see some small comics by April 3rd.
I would love to see some comics too! That's maybe a stupid question, but why exactly April 3rd? Is there any special day about pokeshipping I'm not aware of ? : "D

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I would love to see some comics too! That's maybe a stupid question, but why exactly April 3rd? Is there any special day about pokeshipping I'm not aware of ? : "D
April 3 has evidently been designated as SatoKasu among the Japanese fandom, so expect plenty of art and such on the socials that day.

Last edited:

Sirunala

April 3 has evidently been designated as SatoKasu among the Japanese fandom, so expect plenty of art and such on the socials that day.
Haha, oh well, I'm probably the worst Pokeshipper, I didn't know that until now! :"D But now I'm hyped for that day. Still need to finish one more pokeshipping fanart!

On a sidenote, I recently read a lot of fanfictions and browsering fanarts - it's honestly very interesting how different people interpreting misty and ash relationship. Still need to find a statisfiying ending for them in my comic that don't feel tooo cheesy, that's the hardest part xD But not gonna lie, I have a lot of ideas right now - most of them are more "slow burn love". I always thought MIsty and Ash are probably the one couple that needs the longest time to realize that they really like each other.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Haha, oh well, I'm probably the worst Pokeshipper, I didn't know that until now! :"D But now I'm hyped for that day. Still need to finish one more pokeshipping fanart!

On a sidenote, I recently read a lot of fanfictions and browsering fanarts - it's honestly very interesting how different people interpreting misty and ash relationship. Still need to find a statisfiying ending for them in my comic that don't feel tooo cheesy, that's the hardest part xD But not gonna lie, I have a lot of ideas right now - most of them are more "slow burn love". I always thought MIsty and Ash are probably the one couple that needs the longest time to realize that they really like each other.
Eh, you're good. I only knew because a handful of people on Twitter were talking about it several weeks ago.

Also, best of luck with finishing your comic! Would love to see you share it here once it's done. Sounds interesting.