• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
So, I realize this might be a touchy subject, (Not for me ) but with the new adventures in ‘Pokémon Horizons’ moving forward, Liko does claim “I’ve never been outside Paldea until recently.” Some pokeshippers hope Liko is the daughter of Satoshi and Kasumi. If there’s anyone here whom hopes this, could you please give your thoughts? I’m simply interested in everyone’s opinion on this and thought it would be nice to hear different ideas.

Edit: Figured everyone here would enjoy this too! https://www.reddit.com/r/aaml/comments/12f8ui4
Watched the sun this morning. Liko mentioned that her parents attended the same school that she is, so any theories of Liko being Ash’s and any PokeGirls’ daughter is pretty much out the window at this point. Personally I prefer having her be a new character with no legacy lineage, but that’s a topic for another thread.

Srsddf4781

Watched the sun this morning. Liko mentioned that her parents attended the same school that she is, so any theories of Liko being Ash’s and any PokeGirls’ daughter is pretty much out the window at this point. Personally I prefer having her be a new character with no legacy lineage, but that’s a topic for another thread.

Yeah Liko is the daughter of no character we know.
I agree with both of you. See, I had noticed several pokeshippers still believing in this on YouTube and wanted to be polite to ask anyone if they had this idea.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I agree with both of you. See, I had noticed several pokeshippers still believing in this on YouTube and wanted to be polite to ask anyone if they had this idea.
We didn’t see either parent directly, going against what Gryphon’s original leak had claimed, but still, that bit of info pretty much debunked the whole theory.

Ashmisty

So, I realize this might be a touchy subject, (Not for me ) but with the new adventures in ‘Pokémon Horizons’ moving forward, Liko does claim “I’ve never been outside Paldea until recently.” Some pokeshippers hope Liko is the daughter of Satoshi and Kasumi. If there’s anyone here whom hopes this, could you please give your thoughts? I’m simply interested in everyone’s opinion on this and thought it would be nice to hear different ideas.

Edit: Figured everyone here would enjoy this too! https://www.reddit.com/r/aaml/comments/12f8ui4
No. Liko being Ash’s daughter was such a reach from the shipping communities Tbh. The writers never even made him grow up, made no pairing canon, why would they suddenly show a new protagonist as his daughter? And why does she have to be? Yes I would have loved to see her connection with Ash and Misty but that’s quite wishful thinking and honestly not necessary at all. Ash is gone , at least for some time, I would rather have the new protagonists not related with him at all and be their own people, with own back stories and families.

Sirunala

No. Liko being Ash’s daughter was such a reach from the shipping communities Tbh. The writers never even made him grow up, made no pairing canon, why would they suddenly show a new protagonist as his daughter? And why does she have to be? Yes I would have loved to see her connection with Ash and Misty but that’s quite wishful thinking and honestly not necessary at all. Ash is gone , at least for some time, I would rather have the new protagonists not related with him at all and be their own people, with own back stories and families.
I never thought that Liko was the daughter of a already known character. I mean... neither the skin tone nor the exact eye or hair color of the Pokegirls matched Liko's color palette - for a new character who is the daughter of Ash and one of the Pokegirls, I would expect at least the color palette to match. Liko has the same eyelashes as Mallow and Iris from Journeys - but that's the only similarity I see. Also, I kind of hope Liko's adventures take place in another universe. I don't want Ash to outshine Liko once he makes a cameo appearance in the anime - I'd rather have a different universe, maybe with a trainer who represents Ash (or Red) but isn't the same Ash we know from the main anime, so he's not the world champion yet either. Maybe we can even get the "Misty and unknown trainer date scene" in Heart Gold Soul Silver as "What could have been if the characters were able to age in the other universe". I really want to see an AU Misty based on the HGSS Misty without her sisters - I'm just interested in how different that Misty would be without the influence of her bigger sisters.

Srsddf4781

I never thought that Liko was the daughter of a already known character. I mean... neither the skin tone nor the exact eye or hair color of the Pokegirls matched Liko's color palette - for a new character who is the daughter of Ash and one of the Pokegirls, I would expect at least the color palette to match. Liko has the same eyelashes as Mallow and Iris from Journeys - but that's the only similarity I see. Also, I kind of hope Liko's adventures take place in another universe. I don't want Ash to outshine Liko once he makes a cameo appearance in the anime - I'd rather have a different universe, maybe with a trainer who represents Ash (or Red) but isn't the same Ash we know from the main anime, so he's not the world champion yet either. Maybe we can even get the "Misty and unknown trainer date scene" in Heart Gold Soul Silver as "What could have been if the characters were able to age in the other universe". I really want to see an AU Misty based on the HGSS Misty without her sisters - I'm just interested in how different that Misty would be without the influence of her bigger sisters.
Pretty much my feelings on this whole predicament. I have no qualms with pokeshippers whom hope this, but it could take away from Liko getting the spotlight she certainly deserves. Besides, if we were to time skip and actually see the ramifications of ‘Satoshi’s Theme’ and ‘Spurt!’ the Pokémon Company will have massive P.R. backlash despite it sticking to the lore. A whole new universe or no mention of either character might be for the best.