• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.

Yamatoking

From 1999-2001 I had a huge pokemon phase and Ash & Misty where a big part of it.

Pokeshipping was huge in the day, and even subjects of many fanletters I recall from the german Nintendo "N Zone" magazines,
around 2000. Recently I also found scans from these and it was so fun to read and see these again.

The amount of fanart I made was also insane at the time back in the day. I always kept my love for them.
And recently I fell back into the pokeshipping fandom very hard.

I'm currently working on some alternate ending illustrations for MPM11.
I loved the episodes where Misty and Brock where staying Pallet Town for quite a while before the Kanto League and after Orange Islands,
and I was missing that. Therefore my urge was very huge to illustrate it myself.

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
From 1999-2001 I had a huge pokemon phase and Ash & Misty where a big part of it.

Pokeshipping was huge in the day, and even subjects of many fanletters I recall from german the Nintendo "N Zone" magazines,
around 2000. Recently I also found scans from these and it was so fun ro read again.

The amount of fanart I made was insane. I always kept my love for them.

I loved the episodes where Misty and Brock where staying Pallet Town for quite a while before the Kanto League and after Orange Islands,
and I was missing that. Therefore my urge was very huge to illustrate it myself.

Oh wow, great to have you here on the forum, @Yamatoking! I think it’s safe to say we’re all admirers of your work in this thread.

Sirunala

Pokeshipping was huge in the day, and even subjects of many fanletters I recall from german the Nintendo "N Zone" magazines,
around 2000. Recently I also found scans from these and it was so fun ro read again.

First of all - welcome to serebii!!! : D

I always wonder how it was to be a Pokeshipping fan back in 2000 - I started to ship them since 2009. MPM2 kind of reinforced my love for this shipping (and the pokemon anime in general).

Also, I've seen your art on Twitter, it's truly amazing! I have already said that, but I really love your unique artstyle. Still can't wait to see your alternate ending illustrations! : D

Last edited:

Srsddf4781

Thank you for stopping by this thread. Your fan art is beyond exceptional. It’s an honor to have you here.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I've known of the anime since almost around the time it started in the west, but I think SatoKasu got its start for me with, funny enough, Electric Tale of Pikachu. That moment of Brock teasing them in the Eevee chapter, and Pikachu's own knowing smirk in the previous panel, was basically the eye-opener for me :p.

I would say the moment I became a hard fan for the ship in general though was in 2007, during Cartoon Network's marathon of OS and AG to lead up to the premier of the DP series. I got to watch GCYL for the first time then, and I walked out of the episode feeling like they wanted to have a "things left unsaid" vibe to maybe come back to later if they ever got the chance, or at least leave it with an inclination towards it after the end, and that was enough for me. Started checking fanfics and art and AMVs around that time, and found my way here shortly after . =p

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I've known of the anime since almost around the time it started in the west, but I think SatoKasu got its start for me with, funny enough, Electric Tale of Pikachu. That moment of Brock teasing them in the Eevee chapter, and Pikachu's own knowing smirk in the previous panel, was basically the eye-opener for me :p.

I would say the moment I became a hard fan for the ship in general though was in 2007, during Cartoon Network's marathon of OS and AG to lead up to the premier of the DP series. I got to watch GCYL for the first time then, and I walked out of the episode feeling like they wanted to have a "things left unsaid" vibe to maybe come back to later if they ever got the chance, or at least leave it with an inclination towards it after the end, and that was enough for me. Started checking fanfics and art and AMVs around that time, and found my way here shortly after . =p
Oh man, the Pokémon Master Marathon. I remember I made it a point to try and watch every bit of it. Although I’d pretty much seen every OS episode by that point, it was something else seeing so many key episodes in a row like that. Pretty sure it made me appreciate Ash and Misty’s growing relationship even more, amongst other things in the series. Stuff also stood out to me that somehow went over my head when I was younger. For example, the “you and I will be married someday too” bit (which yes, was dub only, but still enjoyable to me).

It’s bizarre looking back around that time. I and others in the fandom still had hope for a Misty return. Sure we got the lure callback, but that ended up being it for DP. By BW I had pretty much given up on Misty ever playing a major role again with the whole soft reboot, and XY seemed like the final nail in the coffin. Yet here we are, having been given one last hurrah from the anime. I’m still mixed on MPM as a whole, but I’ll still say MPM02 was great, and gave us one last taste of their classic dynamic. I can be thankful for that.

Srsddf4781

Glad to have another friendly person on this thread, Sonic Boom. I’m afraid I never got to watch all of the ‘Pokémon Master Marathon.’ I had to go back home after a trip, where we had no cable. Still, it was fun watching everything again up until that point on Cartoon Network. I wanted to state that r/aaml has finished subbed on- screen hints for ‘The Indigo League.’ We’re continuing into ‘Adventures In The Orange Islands!’ An update on subs came last week where the fan group we use is in the process of proofing both the Johto arc and the Advanced arcs. I may not have the most professional pokeshipping community, but it’s open for everyone and we did update its appearance last week as well. The hints are numbered via episode if anyone is interested. I suppose if anyone on here feels like they can help us over there, just say the word. Additionally, if I can help the other communities, just ask, as I’ve been communicating with a few on YouTube recently.

Yamatoking

Hello, guys! Thank you for the nice welcome. I was reading this forum for quite a while before joining.

As I said I'm a pokeshipper since 1999/2000 and also of the pokemon franchise as a whole. I always loved
japanese animation in general and was also a big Nintendo fan, so I already knew about Pokemon since 1997.
Even until today the anime holds a special place in my heart due to it's diverse multilayerd and greatly balanced characters.
Ash is more than just a daring hero, he also got a senstive side that makes him human, and Misty is both
tomboyish and girly at the same time.

Around 2007 I finally came across many fansubs of the japanese version, that's when I began to apreciate
the series even more, as well as the relationship between Ash and Misty.
Their relationship was always an integral subplot of the OS series that had a real sweet conclusion in "Gotta catch you later",
when they finally realized how deeply they care for each other. Also in the japanese version Ash/Satoshi is saying that their
meeting was no coincidence and she is his real true friend.

Their reunion in Sun and Moon had me by surprise by how playful and flirty it was. I mean there was no reason to make
Misty blush and grab Ash's hand and grinning like a fool, just to ask of she can have his Z-Ring/Watch, and poking him on the forehead
but they still did. XD That was so funny and cute.

The last season "Aim to be a pokemon master" and the second episode MPM2 was also a gift, considering it was just the two of them (yes, and a small scene with Team Rocket) but no other characters. Basically just 20 minutes of Ash and Misty shenanigans with all the things that make thier
relationship special . The can insult each other all day long but at the end of day, no one is mad and they laugh together and enjoy their company. I also liked the recent english dub " A fated face-off". The banter was even a bit more adorable.

After watching that last season I fell pretty hard back into the fandom, and started drawing fanart
of Ash and Misty again. And now I can't stop. But I'm glad, since they got me out of my art slump.
What started out with an idea of Ash and Misty having a sleepover in Pallet Town, finally turned out to be a vacation.

Other ideas I still want to draw:
1.Ash and Misty having a videogame evening with Delia and japanese junk food and pastries

2.Sharing memories of past travel stories with Misty at night in Ash’s room

3.Ash helping Misty to overcome her fear of bugs with a funny and tough training

4. Ash and misty learn how to cook something decent with Delia

5. Meeting Gary at Oaks Lab

6. Slice of life scenes in Pallet Town like Shopping at the Pokemart

7. Swimming at the lake with Misty’s water pokemon

8. What is a “Pokémon Master” realization scene under the tree with Misty exclaiming her wishes as well

9. Deciding to travel again together, this time to Paldea

10. Preparing a goodbye present and breakfast for Delia

You can also find my gallery at deviantart - there the art is bit more organized and easier to find.
I'm also yamatoking there but anyhow I cannot post the link, but it's on my twitter bio profile.

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Hello, guys! Thank you for the nice welcome. I was reading this forum for quite a while before joining.

As I said I'm a pokeshipper since 1999/2000 and also of the pokemon franchise as a whole. I always loved
japanese animation in general and was also a big Nintendo fan, so I already knew about Pokemon since 1997.
Even until today the anime holds a special place in my heart due to it's diverse multilayerd and greatly balanced characters.
Ash is more than just a daring hero, he also got a senstive side that makes him human, and Misty is both

Around 2007 I finally came across many fansubs of the japanese version, that's when I began to apreciate
Their relationship was always an integral subplot of the OS series that had a real sweet conclusion in "Gotta catch you later",
when they finally realized how deeply they care for each other. Also in the japanese version Ash/Satoshi is saying that their

Their reunion in Sun and Moon had me by surprise by how playful and flirty it was. I mean there was no reason to make
Misty blush and grab Ash's hand and grinning like a fool, just to ask of she can have his Z-Ring/Watch, and poking him on the forehead
but they still did. XD That was so funny and adorable.

The last season "Aim to be a pokemon master" and the second episode MPM2 was also a gift, considering it was just the two of them (yes, and a small scene with Team Rocket) but no other characters. Basically just 20 minutes of Ash and Misty shenanigans with all the things that make thier
relationship special . The can insult each other all day long but at the end of day, no one is mad and they laugh together and enjoy their company. I also liked the recent english dub " A fated face-off"

After watching that last season I fell pretty hard back into the fandom, and started drawing fanart
of Ash and Misty again.

You can also find my gallery at deviantart - there the art is bit more organized and easier to find.
I'm also yamatoking there but anyhow I cannot post the link, but it's on my twitter bio profile.
It's awesome that OG fans like you and Miya are still out there creating art. Looking forward to more from you in the future for sure! It's always welcome on here.

Srsddf4781

relationship special . The can insult each other all day long but at the end of day, no one is mad and they laugh together and enjoy their company. I also liked the recent english dub " A fated face-off". The banter was even a bit more adorable.

of Ash and Misty again. And now I can't stop. But I'm glad, since they got me out of my art slump.
What started out with an idea of Ash and Misty having a sleepover in Pallet Town, finally turned out to be a vacation.

1.Ash and Misty having a videogame evening with Delia and japanese junk food and pastries

3.Ash helping Misty to overcome her fear of bugs with a funny and tough training

8. What is a “Pokémon Master” realization scene under the tree with Misty exclaiming her wishes as well

I’m glad I messaged you the other day! It’s always an honor to have such an old fan keep with and support this franchise on here. Surely, you’ve had your fair share of stories. Number 10 definitely sounds like something that would happen. Misty has eaten with them multiple times.

Sirunala

I've seen your art - it's amazing! I also really liked the scenes in sun and moon, although I don't ship them in this season as much as in the original. This beeing said, the goodbye of the Trio at the end of the sun and moon episode was one of the sweetest goodbyes of a returning charactere. And yeah, MPM2 still feels like a last goodbye gift to us pokeshipper fans - considering how much of a sidecharactere brock and misty were in the rest of the show (still looking forward to the dub of MPM 8, that one was a fantastic trio episode). I mean...I don't really mind how the show ended to be honest - we can all still write or draw our perfect ending! :D

Also your 10. Idea is really something that was missing in the show the most - ash not properly saying goodbye to his own mother! But I like all of your ideas on this list, can't wait to see them all! : D Also, playing videogames or going swimming seems like the perfect date to me. Ash and misty could play a Pokemon "SoulLink" challenge with their old nintendo consoles - breaking the fourth wall...kind of. xD

Srsddf4781

There’s been more than a few fan arts that have released lately, but I was scanning for fan arts across the web yesterday afternoon to share files, when I found this old Tumblr post: https://www.tumblr.com/anotherworldash/680442224201383936/pokeshipping-sumo-analysis
What is interesting to me the most is found under the Animedia wedding style poster (This has been covered by a ton of people). Out of respect for other characters besides Satoshi and Kasumi, this is something I look back upon and it clicks more in my mind now. This text here: “Satoshi is cheerful, kind, and reliable, so I think he'll be a good father. I'm sure he will raise a kind and loving family, but he's a bit of a scatterbrain, so he'll probably get scolded by his partner a lot too (laugh).” I’d say this could be a noteworthy hint, playing off the information we’ve been shown since ‘Spurt!,’ Satoshi’s Queen of Hearts, and his conversation with Kasumi over his Z- Ring. Kasumi is known for her common tendency of scolding her best friend and usually for good reason, lol. Scatterbrained is putting it lightly. The Kasumi flower has also been around far longer than we sometimes give it credit for too. Dating all the way back to episode 40, ‘The Four Eievui Brothers,’ Kasumi was the first character we’ve seen with the flower and it’s worth noting she continues to hold it or be around it as the show continued (Please correct me if I’m wrong). Red Hibiscus is another flower as well, however I felt it is at least worth our time looking back on both.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
You guys, I’m actually curious. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you enjoy mpm 02, dubbed? At least, regarding pokeshipping.
Actually haven’t watched the dub yet. Not been in a hurry too, personally. Still not a big fan of Michele Knotz as Misty. Not necessarily her fault, since she’s not gotten a lot of practice as the character through the years, and she’s been great in other roles. Just makes it a bit of a hard watch for me. Might get around to it eventually.

Srsddf4781

Actually haven’t watched the dub yet. Not been in a hurry too, personally. Still not a big fan of Michele Knotz as Misty. Not necessarily her fault, since she’s not gotten a lot of practice as the character through the years, and she’s been great in other roles. Just makes it a bit of a hard watch for me. Might get around to it eventually.
Thanks. Listened to it on the road. Recommend you keep your expectations in check. I personally felt the hints were a bit softer than the original in Japanese. Still there, though.