• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeshipping Author's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_toro

Superfly
Pokeshipping Authors Club
or PSA for short!​

OK well now that the preparations have been made, it's time to get this club on the forums!

As you can see by the title, this club applies only to Pokeshipping Authors that have their fics posted up on these forums. The purpose of this club is for authors to share and discuss their ideas and critique their fututre, current, and past fics (only Pokeshipping though!) and also for the readers of these fics to get in on any background info they want on their favorite fic! Questions by non-members will be accepted as long as they are on topic and in accordance to the Forum's Rules which every member should know by now.

The following are the rules and regulations to this club:

Entrance into the Club
To be able to gain membership into the club, you must PM one of the existing members (if they're a friend of yours) or me since I am the owner and all requests will be sent to me anyway so you can just eliminate the middleman. Please do not post on this thread asking if you can be a member if you do not meet the requirements stated above.

Getting Started
You should on your first post provide information on your current fics (if you want, write a summary on it too), give the location of where your fic is located on your medal (i.e. top, bottom, top right, etc.), and provide the current rank.

PSA Medals
Once you do become a member of the club, you must put your medal into your sig which will also serve as a link to this club. It's a way of showing other readers the fics you have written (acting like some kind of resume) and your establishment as a writer. More on that below. Also, I beg of you, if you haven't gotten your medal because there was a delay in making them, I will not tolerate posts on this thread with questions such as "Where's my medal?" or "Is my medal done yet?" I will report these posts as spam so please, be patient!

How to Link the Medals to this Thread
Take the URL of your medal (we'll use mine as an example):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/you_may_laugh_now/PSA Medals/el_torosilver.jpg
Wrap it in image tags as you would with a normal image:

Then take the URL of the club (or perhaps the specific page your intro is on):
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=208442
Wrap that in URL tags: ] [[/B]/url]
Then just stick the image in between the two bolded brackets and there you have it! Now you can wear your medal with pride! ;)

Ratings for FicsThis table demostrates how fics will be represented on your medal (sorry I couldn't make it clearer):

View Count Color Ring

Below 1000 White
Below 2000 Black
Below 3000 Red
Below 4000 Red Orange
Below 5000 Orange
Below 6000 Yellow-Orange
Below 7000 Yellow
Below 8000 Yellow-Green
Below 9000 Dark Green
Below 10000 Light Blue
Below 13000 Blue
Below 15000 Indigo
Below 17000 Purple
Below 19000 Brown (or Bronze)
Below 21000 Grey (or Silver)
Below 25000 Dark Yellow (or Gold)

As an example I will use my medal:

[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/you_may_laugh_now/PSA%20Medals/el_torosilver.jpg[/IMG200]

As of today's date, my fic A Journey of Souls has 3,792 views. According to the table, the ring should be the color Red Orange since it's view count is below 4000.

As a brief note, if a fic were to pass 25000, the author's silver medal would be changed into a gold medal and the fic would achieve an "elite" status, losing it's ring.

Also, if one were to have more than one fic such as this one:

[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/you_may_laugh_now/PSA%20Medals/mistyloversilver.jpg[/IMG200]
as you can see, the rings are divided into two halves, each section representing a particular fic.

Updates for medals will be submitted to Esperon who is my current medal maker and who's been kind enough to supply us all with these medals. Once she can find the time to update your medal, the new medal will be sent to you and you can change your old medal for the new one. Don't pester her if she takes too long in updating it. Remember, she is only one person and she also has a life outside of these forums. Just be PATIENT.

Also, a separate rank for fics will be displayed also on this thread marked as "The Author's Vote." This rank accounts for current members ratings for a fic that they have read that belongs to another member on this thread. It is based on a 10 out of 10 ranking and it serves to give readers an idea of what other author's consider of a fic, providing a "professional opinion." :rolleyes: Yeah I know... Anyway, votes should be submitted to me directly from the PM of the current member (meaning no votes will be accepted from any non-members) I will average the votes and then PM the author to inform him/her of their vote change. They should edit their post to display the new ranking.

IMPORTANT!
You are in charge of your own fic. It is your own property, your own ideas, your creation. Which is why you should manage your fic's information (that includes PMing me if your fic has gone up a rank so I can change it, editing your post to display new information) I'm NOT a mod so I can't edit posts at my own will which is why this has to be a requirement of a member if you are to enter into this club.

Awards
There will be various awards handed out to authors if they pass certain milestones. This section will be updated as soon as I think of some ideas. Some I had in mind are the 'Hot New Author' and the 'Mr./Ms. Popularity.' If anyone has any ideas, PM them to me and I'll put into consideration. If I like the idea, I'll give you credit for coming up with the idea (I'm not one to steal other people's ideas) and will make it available.

Courtesy

BE RESPECTFUL!
If you have a question, ask it as well thought out as you can and do not demand authors to answer your question. That's just rude.

KEEP ALL POSTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH SEREBII'S RULES!
Posts should follow the forum's rules. If you do not know what they are: [url]http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=4220622
I suggest you read to avoid any future problems.

Other than that, just enjoy yourself. This club was made in mind for the Pokeshippers out there that want to read a good story and also to hear the planning that goes behind into making such stories. (believe it or not, a LOT of thought goes into these fics, whether they be meaningless or not!) And of course, also to cater the authors out there who have written good stories and haven't been "discovered" yet.

The current member's list is as follows:

Owner:
el_toro

Co-Owners (or the Original Five :p):
Esperon (she had to put up with my whining for a complete MONTH until she came through and gave me the medals!)
MistyLover
Chaos Emperor
Misty's Double
Artemis Ignitan

Members
XxM!styxX
Water Spirit

Alright, well now that that's out of the way, I'll start off to show how things will go around here:

My Fics

A Journey of Souls

Current Rank: Orange/Below 5000 Views

Author's Vote: None yet as of now

Location on Medal: Currently the only one on there!

Summary: Ash and Misty are reunited after Ash has a brief stint in the Ivory Islands League. After facing trials in Kanto, a discovery has been made. A new far-off region has been discovered breeming with all kinds of new pokemon! What kind of troubles will they face in this new region? What will they encounter? Read to find out! :p

No One Knows But You

Current Rank: White/Below 1000 Views

Author's Vote: none

Location on Medal: n/a

Summary: A three part long shot that takes place in a parallel universe. Pokemon do not exist and Ash is all by himself in this cold world. Until he finds a certain red haired girl in a boarding school he had just enrolled in... Now his life is changing, but there are still many questions to be answered. Throughout the whole fic words are bolded and italicized as hints for the surprise twist at the end. After that is done, I will explain what those words mean, but until then, have fun reading this new take on Pokeshipping! Released on April 1st, 2007: Pokeshipping's tenth anniversary.

Last edited:

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Intro!! :d

Halloa there, I'm Artemis Ignitan, and as our esteemed leader el toro said, one of the Original Five.

I am the proud owner of one Pokeshipping fic that is coming down to its final chapters, and two more waiting in the wings.

Stories

A Whisper in the Wind

Current Rank: Light Blue (below 10000 views)

Author's Vote: None yet

Location on Medal: Only one on there...yet...*grins*

Summary: After gaining the title of Pokemon Master, Ash disappears, never to be seen again. Ten years later, the land of Kanto is plunged into chaos, and it appears no one can stop it...until a mysterious stranger arrives.

I look forward to seeing this thread grow and flourish! :)

Last edited:

Esperon

An old PS luva!
yay! It's up! Artemis, your medal looks great!

Right, well I'm Esperon (duh :p) and also a member of the original 5 (can we call ourselves the Big Five? (yeah, i watch too much Yu-Gi-Oh..) and i'm also the head boss of Emo Brocking and the Medal Maker Overlord.

Fics

The Beginning of a New End

Current Rank: Orange

Authors vote: none yet

Location on medal: Bottom

Summary: It begins at the end of the Hoenn Chaps and read on to find out how the small change in result from the anime effects a young woman far, far away. Currently the most evil clif hanger is there and i'm working on it...

A Stranger in the Night

Current Rank: White

Authors vote: none

Location on medal: top

Summary: xmas oneshot which takes place towards the end of Sinnoh

el_toro

Superfly
Alright! I can see you're wearing your medal with pride Artemis! ;) By the way, I edited the rules to show how to link to this thread using their medal in case if anyone didn't know (I know I didn't!)

Alright, so I'll start off with the first topic then until the other guys start coming in:

Do you have any future fics planned?
I actually am going to post one up pretty soon on the forums. Since the 10th anniversary of Pokeshipping is coming up on April 1st, I decided to start writing a fic I had planned in my head in celebration for that day! :D

It's going to be called No One Knows But You and takes place in a separate world from the one that exists in Pokemon. In this parallel universe, Pokemon do not exist so therefore, all of the people Ash encountered in his journey will not be seen. Except for one person... which I'm pretty sure all of you can guess by now! (well actually, you'll see some characters thrown in ther, but it's only tp give the story some similarities with the show) It takes place in a boarding school yet the majority of the time spent in the fic is outside of the school since I tend to find fics that take place in school a bit boring and cliche. o_O; It's three chapters long and I'm going to end it exactly one week later when I post it up. There's also a bunch of symbolism thrown in there and a surprise twist thrown in at the end. All I'm going to say is all of the pieces of the puzzle will come together at the end of the story. :D

And of course I have some other fics planned, but seeing how my post is long enough, I'll let other people take a chance!

Comments?

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Yo!

Wazzup? This is the Chaos Emperor, another of the Original Five.

Stories:

Lovers United

Current Rank: White (below 1000 views)

Author's Vote: None yet

Location on Medal: Only one

Summary: A mysterious young man arrives at the Cerulean Gym, claiming a recent vision led him there in his quest of destroying the Ultimate Evil. After beating Misty, he heads to Sinnoh, and fights Ash to see if he's the Chosen One. Misty follows, believing this man to be evil. Meanwhile, Team Rocket has a plan to capture the Legendary Birds; Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, and use their power to rule the world. It's up to Ash, Misty, and the young man to stop Team Rocket from taking these sacred pokemon and destroying the world.

I really look forward to seeing this club grow in the coming months.

Time to answer el_toro's topic question.

Yes, I do. I have 2 pokeshippy one-shots in mind, not including holiday related fics. I also have ideas for a Halloween, Christmas, Easter, and New Year's fic, so I really have about a half-dozen ideas in mind. I don't really have a lot of the storyline set for any of them, nor do I have a lot of time to write them, even though I have a week off of college for Spring Break.

Hello, everyone!

I'm MistyLover...I'm one of the five most important people in this club...So I have unbelievable power and control over you minions, so dont you dare mess with me...JOKING!;)

Story/ies:

Memory Lake (Click on banner if you wanna read)

Loss of Love

Current Rank: Below 25,000 Dark Yellow (Gold)

Author's Vote: None yet...

Location on Medal: Only one on there...

Summary: A group of spirited friends are heading towards the Battle Frontier. Along the way, they see mysterious shadow figures, a ghost and other mystical creatures. Only until later, do they finally figure out what are the shadow figures...

Last edited:

el_toro

Superfly
Hello, everyone!

I'm MistyLover...I'm one of the five most important people in this club...So I have unbelievable power and control over you minions, so dont you dare mess with me...JOKING!;)

Story/ies:

Memory Lake (Click on banner if you wanna read)

Current Rank: Below 25,000 Dark Yellow (Gold)

Author's Vote: None yet...

Location on Medal: Only one on there...

Summary: A group of spirited friends are heading towards the Battle Frontier. Along the way, they see mysterious shadow figures, a ghost and other mystical creatures. Only until later, do they finally figure out what are the shadow figures...

Last time I rembered though MistyLover, you had a one shot called Loss of Love...

Also, if you're going to post up your fic, you might also want to post up the link to it as well, that way it'll make it easier for any new readers to just click on the link and go straight to the story. ;)

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*

Actually, yes, I do. Two multichaptered fics, to be exact.

Song of the Silent- This is an alternate universe, where Pokemon are viewed as vicious horrible monsters. In a small village, a young boy loses his family...and gains a brother (Pikachu) and the hatred of the villagers. When Princess Misty pays the town a visit...well, you guess.

Moon's Curse- This story was inspired by the Werewolf/Vampire wars on the BattleOn.com RPG. Ash disappears on his 15th birthday. Strangely enough, his father had disappeared exactly 9 years before. When Delia disappears as well, Misty has finally had enough, and sets out to find all three of them.

el_toro

Superfly
Alright well as you can see, I've updated my information for my fics since I've written another fic. (after a hell of a lot of tries!)

Anyway, I'll answer the topic again since no one seems to be replying:

Mare of the Night: This is a fic I have planned for a later time in the future. It'll take place in Sinnoh, but until I'm familiar with the region, I'm not going to start writing it. All I have planned for now is a new evil organization called Mares of the Night (which is where the title got its name) is out to get Darkrai and cause all kinds of troublw with this pokemon. What makes this organization unique is the fact that they all ride on the Shiny form of Rapidash which is grey in color. Like I said before, I'll only get to writing it once I have:
1) Seen the anime because I need to get an idea of how Dawn is before I include her in the fic
2) Played the game because I'm not familiar with the region

Anyway, I like the ideas that you have Artemis! They both sound very dark and mysterious though I'm looking forward more to the Song of the Silent tbh. :D

Misty's Double

Hey, y'all. This is Misty's Double. I think I'm the last of the Awesome Five (come on... we need a better name than Original Five. XD) to post, but here I am anyway.

Just a Day

Current Rank:
White/Below 1000 Views (=()

Summary: It takes just a day to change the relationship between two long term friends... but will it be for better or for worst?
This was a one shot just to get me back into the swing of writing Pokéfiction after a two year hiatus.

Any Planned Future Fiction?
Yessums; a planned re-write of my original fiction Misty's Journey will be starting soon, plus I have a couple of titbits by ways of story plans. When my three university assignments are out of the way, I'll probably get started on one of these.

el_toro

Superfly
Great to see you finally post Misty's Double! I was wondering where you had disappeared to...

So what is Misty's Journey about? I know it won an award on Pokemon Tower...

Btw, is anyone planning to write a fanfiction anytime soon? :p Since we all seem too busy...

Misty's Double

Great to see you finally post Misty's Double! I was wondering where you had disappeared to...

So what is Misty's Journey about? I know it won an award on Pokemon Tower...

Hehe, I disappeared to nowhere, that's where. XD
Had temporary work back in York for a few days, which cut my online time a lot... and now I'm at my boyfriend's in Ipswich, so I'm also just hovering a bit more than usual. Other than that, I can't explain it. ^^*

And Misty's Journey... well, to be frank, I can't remember anymore. I started it back in 2002, and was written until around late 2004.
The summary currently pinned to it on FF.net is "Ash has 3 months to train for the Johto League Competition, but Misty's thinking about leaving the group. Read on to follow the now split journeys of Misty and Ash. DISCONTINUED. Look out for rewrite, coming soon!"
Basically, what I remember is Misty leaves to travel on her own (on a completely unjustified reason), travels Johto, and gets into a lot of bother with Team Rocket when they spring an attack on her, thinking Pikachu and Ash are still around. It goes horribly wrong and she nearly dies, and I didn't get further than Ecruteak if I recall. <<
It's badly written at first and only gets a little better as you go through it. It was gonna be AAML, but I never got chance to work much in.

<3 unplanned stories. Really, I do.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Yey I'm a member now! :D Hola everyone Happy Easter!!

FinalMedalXxMstyxXSilvercopy.jpg

Stories

Hero [click on Pokeshipper for Life banner]

Current Rank: Below 6000 Yellow-Orange

Author's Vote: N/A

Location on Medal: top

Summary: After recieving his last badge, Ash decides to make his way to the Hoenn League Tournament... Misty is also invited to watch... What happens when they meet again and Ash must save the world once more against a force that's out to get him?

Last edited:

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Yes, a one shot called He Loves U Not about Anabel and Misty fighting over Ash. That's on the way.
And when I finish the Hero fic, I will be writing one that takes place in Shinou where Misty comes back... Adventure story as usual :)

el_toro

Superfly
Yes, a one shot called He Loves U Not about Anabel and Misty fighting over Ash. That's on the way.
And when I finish the Hero fic, I will be writing one that takes place in Shinou where Misty comes back... Adventure story as usual :)

You know for some reason, it's always the adventure stories that take the longest and not the stories that take place in one spot. For my fic that I was planning that would take place in Sinnoh, I was thinking it might take up a bit more time than what I had originally planned (I planned it to be around 10 chapters, but I've been getting more ideas) I'll probably start writing it once I'm done with AJOS. (which will probably be next year! :D)

Welcome to the club XxM!styxX! Good to see you here! :D

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
You know for some reason, it's always the adventure stories that take the longest and not the stories that take place in one spot. For my fic that I was planning that would take place in Sinnoh, I was thinking it might take up a bit more time than what I had originally planned (I planned it to be around 10 chapters, but I've been getting more ideas) I'll probably start writing it once I'm done with AJOS. (which will probably be next year! :D)

Welcome to the club XxM!styxX! Good to see you here! :D

thank you! Yea same here I'm planning on starting my fic after I finish Hero which I just started LOL!! hehe

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Don't worry bout your fics going over the time limits...I promised people to have The Beginning of a New End was to finish before christmas! We've nearly gone 2 months without a new chapter...eheheh I'm trying ok!

And I do have a PS fic planned, called "Wanna See My Lure?" oneshot and i don't think i need to say more than that! Thanks again to Nathien for the inspiration for it and i promise it WILL return! (However, I read too much of Encyclopika's work which is CS and that makes me want to write CS...I'm too behind on my PS reading as well...DAMN A LEVELS!!!!!)

el_toro

Superfly
Don't worry bout your fics going over the time limits...I promised people to have The Beginning of a New End was to finish before christmas! We've nearly gone 2 months without a new chapter...eheheh I'm trying ok!

And I do have a PS fic planned, called "Wanna See My Lure?" oneshot and i don't think i need to say more than that! Thanks again to Nathien for the inspiration for it and i promise it WILL return! (However, I read too much of Encyclopika's work which is CS and that makes me want to write CS...I'm too behind on my PS reading as well...DAMN A LEVELS!!!!!)

Well maybe you could read some PS fics that haven't been reviewed by you in a while *hint hint* :p

I'm just kidding, Esperon I wouldn't pressure you like that just for a review...

Man I haven't heard that in a LONG while! I'm surprised you still remember it! Do you have an idea about what the plot will be about?

The future fics keep coming in...

Fell In Love With a Girl (Title in pending)
Obviously, if you're a White Stripes fan or have been listening to modern music a couple of years ago, you'll see that the title is the same as one of their main hits. As such, the story will be planned on that same premise. Read the lyrics of the story and you'll see what I mean. The basic plot is Ash has become a Pokemon Master, but in his conquest of the world, he's left behind all the people that mattered to him the most. Now, he feels lonely since he's made it to the top. He looks up names in his phonebook and comes across Misty's. He calls her only to discover that she has become a worldwide supermodel. He then tries to win her back once he realizes whathe lost. What'll make this fic unique though is I was planning on people giving me a crazy idea that Ash will do to try and win her back. (remember, he's incredibly rich and incredibly famous so anything is up to his disposal)

I don't know when I'll write it, but I think it's a good idea! :D What do you guys think?

Esperon

An old PS luva!
el_toro said:
Well maybe you could read some PS fics that haven't been reviewed by you in a while *hint hint*

I'm just kidding, Esperon I wouldn't pressure you like that just for a review...

Man I haven't heard that in a LONG while! I'm surprised you still remember it! Do you have an idea about what the plot will be about?

I know I know...*hides* I've been bad on my reading...even worse on my writing...

I do have an idea for "Wanna SeeMy Lure?" cos i came up with it in the shower just an hour or so after i thought of the title. It was so good, I randomly burst out laughing, not so great when other people are in the next door shower or brushing their teeth! (boarding school so showers in private cubicles before anyone gets and wrong wrong ideas! All girls as well...)It's one I couldn't really forget :p i just have a huge block on writing...and i hate it! I just can't seem to make anything long enough...

Now, how about we make this thread more than just us talking about our fics? I know we talk about PS stuff in the PS thread but we can have something fic based primarily here. Perhaps also hold polls in the PS thread and we get to work providing the PS readers with fics they really want. We could also host competitions for writing, with two sections, those in the PSA and those not in the PSA. It would also be a way of seeing if there is anyone worthy of joining our little group.

el_toro

Superfly
I know I know...*hides* I've been bad on my reading...even worse on my writing...

I do have an idea for "Wanna SeeMy Lure?" cos i came up with it in the shower just an hour or so after i thought of the title. It was so good, I randomly burst out laughing, not so great when other people are in the next door shower or brushing their teeth! (boarding school so showers in private cubicles before anyone gets and wrong wrong ideas! All girls as well...)It's one I couldn't really forget :p i just have a huge block on writing...and i hate it! I just can't seem to make anything long enough...

Now, how about we make this thread more than just us talking about our fics? I know we talk about PS stuff in the PS thread but we can have something fic based primarily here. Perhaps also hold polls in the PS thread and we get to work providing the PS readers with fics they really want. We could also host competitions for writing, with two sections, those in the PSA and those not in the PSA. It would also be a way of seeing if there is anyone worthy of joining our little group.

Well there is one thread that can help you out that I know: Overpowering Writer's Block Maybe you'll find some useful advice there. ;)

As for your idea, you might have to help me clarify that a bit. Yeah I agree we can have requests though I for one know I'm not going to be taking requests since I've got no time! And again the competition thing depends on everyone here and if they're willing to take the time off from their writing. But other than that, it's a good idea. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.