• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeshipping Author's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_toro

Superfly
And el_toro, the idea is good cept i can't really til...August. NO!!! That's depressing...but i just don't want to commit to something and then find i don't have the time. I hate not fulfilling my commitments...*whispers* though, the lure fic is possible for coming in a few days!

EDIT: scratch that, fic finished and on the proof reading and publication role in the next 2 days.

Good to hear that! ;) Make sure you give us a PM or a heads up once it does come up, OK?

Ah, I've been meaning to PM you with the info on Hakajin since she's a new member as well (though she told she wouldn't be as active some of us), but I've been too lazy to look up the information. :(

Anyway, that's fine if we can hold off on the contest. I'm going to be leaving soon on vacation anyway towards the end of June which is kind of why I wanted to have the contest before I left, but it's only for two weeks so I'm sure it's not going to kill me! :)

Anyway, if we were to have a contest, what do you all think would be a good idea as a main topic? (since I was considering of having a contest to see who can come up with the most creative fic from a topic)

I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a rescue mission. :) Anybody else have any ideas?

Misty's Double

Ah yeah, time. Sorry. ^^*

Well, I wasn't suggesting every 20 views or so, because that would give you a lot of work. Perhaps every 50 views, along with your thought of leaving it a week type thing.

Anyway, if we were to have a contest, what do you all think would be a good idea as a main topic?
Rescue sounds like a fairly decent, open subject. How about a seasonal one to go along with the possibility of this being held in the summer? Say... summer holiday, or something like that?

Also, I'll put it on record now that I may not be able to enter, depending upon when this is held. I'm on a field trip for a week from 15th June, and then when I go home in early July I'll be working anything between 8 and potentially full time hours sporadically through the summer.
I don't know specific details, but I'll probably be able to look into it nearer the time.

...One more thing, feel free to call me MD, Esperon. You're not the first to call me it. XD

EDIT: I forgot. Finally got my new chapter up, following finishing it at 1:30 this morning. >____>

el_toro

Superfly
Ah yeah, time. Sorry. ^^*

Well, I wasn't suggesting every 20 views or so, because that would give you a lot of work. Perhaps every 50 views, along with your thought of leaving it a week type thing.

Anyway, if we were to have a contest, what do you all think would be a good idea as a main topic?
Rescue sounds like a fairly decent, open subject. How about a seasonal one to go along with the possibility of this being held in the summer? Say... summer holiday, or something like that?

Also, I'll put it on record now that I may not be able to enter, depending upon when this is held. I'm on a field trip for a week from 15th June, and then when I go home in early July I'll be working anything between 8 and potentially full time hours sporadically through the summer.
I don't know specific details, but I'll probably be able to look into it nearer the time.

...One more thing, feel free to call me MD, Esperon. You're not the first to call me it. XD

EDIT: I forgot. Finally got my new chapter up, following finishing it at 1:30 this morning. >____>

Alright that's fine, we can do the contest in September then! :) I can always start on my other fic ideas then...

Speaking of which, I actually started writing a one-shot since it popped into my head a couple of hours ago! It's gonna be pretty long and I'm not sure how the whole story is going to progress, but it'll be pretty interesting, especially since it's going to be pretty racy material. How racy? Take a look for yourself! (it's not hentai though, I'm not that perverted! >_>)

She smiled back at him mischievously as he began to fully awaken.

“Wow Ash, I didn’t think you were going to be able to move a muscle after last night!” She broke out laughing as he smacked her with the pillow he was resting his head on joining her in her laughter. After smacking her a few times, he pounced on her like a wildcat, growling playfully as he lay on top of her looking her straight in the eyes.

“Mmm, Mr. Ketchum! It sure is nice to see that you’re up so early in the morning!” She giggled again as he began to close in on her even more, smirking as he began to caress her with gentle kisses.

A brief morsel of what's to come! :D It's going to be rated R (obviously :rolleyes:) and it's going to be called Till Death Do Us Part. The whole story will take place ten years or so from now so I'm guesstimating they'll be around 25 years old in my fic. I don't feel like divulging the whole plot yet since it's still fresh in my head so I'll keep that a secret for now. :)

I'll be sure to finish your latest chapter MD since I didn't get around to reading it today (only a brief part, but from what I read, it's good!) and also, I've got to read your long awaited lure fic Esperon! (Sorry to spoil your surprise! :p)

I've got a lot of work cut out for me ahead. :p

Esperon

An old PS luva!
AHAHAHAHAHAHA Lure is up!!!!! We can use it to test the new ranking system as well.

*cough, cough* Your oneshot looks great! Cant' wait for that one to emerge.
but i'me worried about the title :S

Hmmm if it's held in september, we could have a back to school theme. I'm not going back but most people are :p We can do an xmas one at xmas. But i will try to think of a better one. Rescue mission is good though...

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....

Seasonal fics seem to work best. In October, we can do a Halloween contest; in December, a Christmas contest; in February, a Valentine's contest, and so on, covering most holidays.

Another good idea might be a contest for original characters. In my fic, there are a few characters I created myself, and in el_toro's AJOS, there are characters he created. I think that this kind of contest could work, to see which original character is the coolest, kindest, etc.

el_toro, I like that preview for your fic. I could not imagine things becoming so sexual between Ash and Misty, but it works somewhat. I just hope that fic doesn't start a flood of perverted AAML fics.

Misty's Double

Seasonal fics seem to work best. In October, we can do a Halloween contest; in December, a Christmas contest; in February, a Valentine's contest, and so on, covering most holidays.

Another good idea might be a contest for original characters. In my fic, there are a few characters I created myself, and in el_toro's AJOS, there are characters he created. I think that this kind of contest could work, to see which original character is the coolest, kindest, etc.

el_toro, I like that preview for your fic. I could not imagine things becoming so sexual between Ash and Misty, but it works somewhat. I just hope that fic doesn't start a flood of perverted AAML fics.

The only problem with doing one for every holiday would be that it would be overkill.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't be happy entering one at Christmas, Valentines, Easter, summer holidays, Halloween, Thanksgiving/Bonfire Night, and so on.

This sort of thing is best suited to being twice a year or so, IMO. I'm at university and clearly don't have all the time in the world, and I'm pretty sure Esperon's going onto university... at least, I remember you saying you were going to.

@el_toro; cheers. ^^ I was a bit upset to find that not one word's been said about my chapter when I got up just now, but I guess getting 2 reviews in thirty minutes over at FF.net got my hopes up.

It's downright depressing when stories get ignored and shoved under the rug because of crazily popular stories.

Esperon

An old PS luva!
The only problem with doing one for every holiday would be that it would be overkill.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't be happy entering one at Christmas, Valentines, Easter, summer holidays, Halloween, Thanksgiving/Bonfire Night, and so on.

This sort of thing is best suited to being twice a year or so, IMO. I'm at university and clearly don't have all the time in the world, and I'm pretty sure Esperon's going onto university... at least, I remember you saying you were going to.

It wouldn't be that bad, having contests for different holidays. You don't have to enter and it doesn't have to be pages and pages (my most successful oneshot is my shortest with about 1500, quality, not quantity :p). Plus if you already have an xmas one from last year of before, you can just enter it. Plus I recon xmas, valentines and halloween are going to be the only ones we go for.

Well done remembering i'm university-ing soon. Cept i have a gap year of work experience and fun first :p So that means i will still have time for writing fics for a little while longer :p

What pokemon do you feel you overuse with your character?

Ok, this is really only Ash and Misty cos they're in all our fics, otherwise you're in the wrong club. So yeah, for me and Misty it's her Gyarados. And for Ash...guess it depends when i'm writing it! Pikachu is obvious but after that might be Grovyle...whatever it is, it's so likely to be a grassy one!

Misty's Double

I know it's quality over quantity, but quality can be the hard part when you're struggling. :p
But yeah, good point on not having to enter every one of the contests.

What pokemon do you feel you overuse with your character?
Pikachu's overused with Ash in the sense that more often than not, it can become a carboard cut out. And Pikachu doesn't deserve to be relegated to cardboard cut out status, he can be useful.

I don't think I've ever overused a Pokémon, though. I might have done in Misty's Journey, but nothing springs to mind.

Water Spirit

~*Animus Aquae*~
Hiya! ^_^ Just though I'd drop a quick message to all you wonderful Pokeshipping writers! ^_^ I am honoured to be a member of this club and hope to post more often when my exams are over. ^_^

@ el toro: I'm eager to put my banner in my sig to advertise the club but I'm worried it's not going to be within sig regulations. XD Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

WS
XxX

Misty's Double

Hiya! ^_^ Just though I'd drop a quick message to all you wonderful Pokeshipping writers! ^_^ I am honoured to be a member of this club and hope to post more often when my exams are over. ^_^

@ el toro: I'm eager to put my banner in my sig to advertise the club but I'm worried it's not going to be within sig regulations. XD Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

WS
XxX

Try removing one (or all) of the other signature images.

Also, I've become pretty disillusioned with posting work on this forum. I feel really petty for feeling this way, but at the same time I don't think it's ever fair on anybody when hard work doesn't even get recognised. >____>

el_toro

Superfly
Try removing one (or all) of the other signature images.

Also, I've become pretty disillusioned with posting work on this forum. I feel really petty for feeling this way, but at the same time I don't think it's ever fair on anybody when hard work doesn't even get recognised. >____>

Or you could try putting the medal side by side with the other images like you did with the two smaller ones. I'm sure you could do it, you might just need to mess around with it.

Aw, don't worry MD, everyone starts off like that: my advice would be to make the fic more prominent in your sig like say adding more detail like what Chapter is posted and whatnot like I did with mine and maybe getting a banner made for it. You can always look for someone to make one for you in the request shops on these boards or have your boyfriend get off his behind and make one for you or else! :p

Esperon

An old PS luva!
i know what you mean MD. But it's better than on the pokemon tower cos i have never recieved a single review from there and i doubt i ever will. I've had stuff on there since september. Very few reviews on bahfanfiction.com but that's more cos the majority of that fan base is harry potter. Last time i checked it was me and 2 others who have posted pokemon stuff up there. But on the other hand, you get very few on FF.net until people know who you are and have you on their author alert list.

If you want to get more people to know who you are on the forums, write a contestshipping oneshot with as much fluff as you can. Then when those fans see you have another fic, if they liked that one enough they might pop in to your PS ones.

And I know it doesn't help when people (me) don't even read + review to your stuff here. I'm sorry! I have an exam tomorrow and all next week but I will book in all the fics you have on here for me to read next friday evening. I promise ya ;)

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I think this is a great idea!! To warm up our PSing writing skills we should have little contest one-shots about random stuff like... Best AAML first date fic... best AAML proposing fic... Best AAML one shot meeting again fic... bla bla bla!! :) most realistic AAML kissing scene!! ^_^

Ummm...I know I'm not a member, so please don't flame me- I'm very sensitive when I'm unsure about something...You said that non-members could ask questions, and I hope to be a member when I post some of my fics up like Theatre Ghost, inspired by PinkFalcon's Phantom. ^^ But, in the meantime, I have a suggestion for the contest you're going to have. I got the idea from a discussion in another forum which I can't remember.

It's where Ash loses his memory and Misty has to help try and recover it. But, in the meantime, he forgets about Pokemon and starts to fall in love with her. Does she really want the old Ash back only to forget about her again? I think, with all of you wonderful Pokeshipping authors, that it would be a great contest to see who could make the most touching story out of that. And you don't even have to follow that guideline! Just something along the same "basic" lines.

Please don't get angry at me for not being a member and posting here! I'm truly sorry if you don't appreciate it. I just wanted to give a slight opinion. Just please be nice if you want me to delete this post and not show my face again until I'm a member. I'm sorry... *whimpers and backs off*

el_toro

Superfly
Ummm...I know I'm not a member, so please don't flame me- I'm very sensitive when I'm unsure about something...You said that non-members could ask questions, and I hope to be a member when I post some of my fics up like Theatre Ghost, inspired by PinkFalcon's Phantom. ^^ But, in the meantime, I have a suggestion for the contest you're going to have. I got the idea from a discussion in another forum which I can't remember.

It's where Ash loses his memory and Misty has to help try and recover it. But, in the meantime, he forgets about Pokemon and starts to fall in love with her. Does she really want the old Ash back only to forget about her again? I think, with all of you wonderful Pokeshipping authors, that it would be a great contest to see who could make the most touching story out of that. And you don't even have to follow that guideline! Just something along the same "basic" lines.

Please don't get angry at me for not being a member and posting here! I'm truly sorry if you don't appreciate it. I just wanted to give a slight opinion. Just please be nice if you want me to delete this post and not show my face again until I'm a member. I'm sorry... *whimpers and backs off*

:p Don't worry, it's no problem. I just made that rule so we don't get a whole bunch of spammers flooding this thread. It's okay if you want to make a comment or whatever, I could care less.

As to your suggestion, yes it sounds like a good idea. The only problem is that we're not going to hold the contest until later on since most of the group (including myself) have plans over the summer. Like I said before, we'll probably hold it off until September.

Also if you want any advice on writing a good PS story, feel free to ask. That's what we're here for! :)

Esperon

An old PS luva!
ahahahah, turned on the TV yesterday and found a version of A Midsummer Night's Dream and I got an idea :p not saying who is who but there are 7 players (Quince, Bottom, the ones with the Pyramus and Thisbe play). 7 players. and of course, i need 3 couples with one working as a love triangle. Now, i'm sure you know one couple (otherwise, you need to check why you came here/joined/wrote the fic(s) that got you in here) and for the others, hmm i was going to ask for some help on one, but i'm now not cos otherwise, some people may see my own, personal little re-write :p But don't expect this anytime soon.

Having a few issues at the moment with the diary fic, Johto Ash is hard! Never doing it again! Word of advice, don't do it! Anyhoo, will give a bit more of a push for it...tuddles!

Who is having major writer's block? I am right now...God...

Esperon

An old PS luva!
*raises hand* me! Though, i'm using the fact that i have very important exams at the moment as my excuse! That and I can't see how to get through this bit...Need to re-work the last 5 pages i wrote as well. Sit down and spent time looking at the fic as a whole cos i've been writing bits at a time so all are from slightly different angles, emotions and omg, I have an obsession with over reacting Misty! That needs work! Ugh...need to revise...>< 6more days, 6 more days, 6 MORE DAYS TIL FREEDOM!

You know, I'm gonna regret saying this, but I am starting to really dislike shipping for Pokemon. I mean, they're just a bunch of drawn characters...Harry Potter, THAT I could read forever.

Well, Im gonna travel tomorrow, so bye! I won't be online starting June 22-July 18, cause I am gonna be in summer camp in Switz.

el_toro

Superfly
Well I'm not really having writer's block. It's more of a motivation thing since I have other things on my mind and I'm just not focusing on this fic.

I'm also going to be gone for two weeks starting tomorrow! Sadly, I'm not going to be anywhere NEAR a computer in Colombia so I'll need to leave someone in charge temporarily. And that person we'll be...Esperon! That is, if you will accept... All you'll have to do is make sure everyone abides by the rules and stuff and that's it.

Well now that that business is done with, I wish you all luck with wherever you need it in (especially you MistyLover though I guess I can't say anything to help since it is your personal opinion and everything) and I'll see you all later (two weeks later! :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.