• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeshipping Author's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_toro

Superfly
Well I'm not really having writer's block. It's more of a motivation thing since I have other things on my mind and I'm just not focusing on this fic.

I'm also going to be gone for two weeks starting tomorrow! Sadly, I'm not going to be anywhere NEAR a computer in Colombia so I'll need to leave someone in charge temporarily. And that person we'll be...Esperon! That is, if you will accept... All you'll have to do is make sure everyone abides by the rules and stuff and that's it.

Well now that that business is done with, I wish you all luck with wherever you need it in (especially you MistyLover though I guess I can't say anything to help since it is your personal opinion and everything) and I'll see you all later (two weeks later! :D)

Esperon

An old PS luva!
I've been put in charge? Hmmm i wonder what sort of havoc we could all create while "the boss" is gone...*cackles*

Anyways, zomg, 2 more papers in one sitting. I will be done with my annoying exams in just 3 days!!! Monday morning, 9am til 10:50...then a shopping trip in Guildford (local town) to get some new summer clothes, seeing Rise of the Silver Surfer, then i have tuesday to get ready before I am off to Dubai for 2 weeks! Don't worry, I'm gonna have better internet connection that I do here so I will be contactable :D

I can't wait!!! Then I can get back to my writing which I'm starting to miss soooooooooo much! Blech...in a random mood... I'll stop spamming-ish.

How many fic ideas have you got at the moment?

About 5! :p

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
OMG! I missed you guys sooooo much! *squees, huggles everyone*

*blanches* Eh, quite a few, and not just for Pokemon either. Plus, I am also a co-author/beta reader for one of my friends at school, so if you count those in, the number of fics waiting in the wings is a whopping 8. 0_0 Yes, I get distracted waaay too easily. :D

Misty's Double

I've been put in charge? Hmmm i wonder what sort of havoc we could all create while "the boss" is gone...*cackles*

Anyways, zomg, 2 more papers in one sitting. I will be done with my annoying exams in just 3 days!!! Monday morning, 9am til 10:50...then a shopping trip in Guildford (local town) to get some new summer clothes, seeing Rise of the Silver Surfer, then i have tuesday to get ready before I am off to Dubai for 2 weeks! Don't worry, I'm gonna have better internet connection that I do here so I will be contactable :D

I can't wait!!! Then I can get back to my writing which I'm starting to miss soooooooooo much! Blech...in a random mood... I'll stop spamming-ish.

About 5! :p

Guildford? Dude, my mum's side of the family is based around the Bracknell/Sandhurst area. Don't remember much from Guildford, though. ^^*

And I'm back (ish). My laptop, since I went on my field trip, has decided to be really weird and not load Serebii forums or the website. I thought some major downtime had cropped up, and checked on it using this, my boyfriend's laptop, and... well. >____>

Going Solo is at a standstill; I'm currently majorly lacking in the motivation department.

...Three, I think. One was pretty similar to Going Solo though, so I don't know what to do with that...

FireDitto

-peers in-

OMG, you guys are LOVE -bookmarks thread- I was having such fun looking for pokeshipping stories xD

I hope I'm allowed to comment like this -peers at first thread- Bop me if I missed something oO

-hands Artemis Ignitan a cookie- I came through your badge ;)

-goes back to read story- xD

Thanks for making this club! Its an awesome idea

FireDitto ;132;

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
*munches on cookie* Mmm...thankies. :3

Well, it's great to see that you like us, Fire Ditto, but be careful with your posts here, since you're a non-member. Try to limit your posts to questions, or advice, or recommendations of other Pokeshippy fics, k? I'm just giving you a quick warning, since you're new here. You can read the first post for details.

Thanks again for the cookie and compliments! Ja ne!

Esperon

An old PS luva!
um...yeah...what Artemis said, FireDitto! I'm acting head of the club til el_toro returns from his holiday and i'm sure he'll be so pleased you came via his idea of having the medals in our sigs. Hope you like them as I made them :p

Got another fic idea in my head today, Full Metal Alchemist but you guys may not care about that one :p

el_toro

Superfly
Well I'm back! *looks around, sees nothing is completely wrong* I can see I left this club in the right hands! :D Thanks a lot Esperon for the admitedly sudden nomination, I can see that you took good care for it.

Also, welcome back Artemis! I'm glad to see you haven't left us, I was getting kind of worried there. Thank you also for helping maintain the order though admitedly I do apreciate the praise that FireDitto left us. And Esperon was right when she says that I was pleased to hear that our badge idea worked. (it's all coming to fruition... :D)

Ah, I missed you guys...Well back to work! XD Really though...I gotta get going!

I got a couple of fic ideas, one which is currently under wraps which I plan on finishing before going back to work on AJOS since I've had that two-shot planned for a while. For now that's my schedule...

It's good to be back guys! :D

Water Spirit

~*Animus Aquae*~
Hey guys! ^_^ How is everyone?

Am I supposed to write a bio for myself here? I can't remember. XD

Would any of you mind popping over to the Shipping Oscars thread and voting for your favourites to show your support for all those deserving authors? There are prizes involved. XD

Good luck to everyone! And congrats to all you hard working Pokeshippers! You make us all proud! ^_^

Take care everyone!

WS
XxX

el_toro

Superfly
Hey guys! ^_^ How is everyone?

Am I supposed to write a bio for myself here? I can't remember. XD

Would any of you mind popping over to the Shipping Oscars thread and voting for your favourites to show your support for all those deserving authors? There are prizes involved. XD

Good luck to everyone! And congrats to all you hard working Pokeshippers! You make us all proud! ^_^

Take care everyone!

WS
XxX

Yeah you should just write down the stories you've written (with links just to make it easier on the readers) and perhaps a brief summary of the story. :)

As for the voting, what happens if you've already voted? I voted way back then in October...

Water Spirit

~*Animus Aquae*~
OK, I'll make sure to create one. ^^

Oh, that was the nomination process. XD The votes are up now if you check out the link in my sig! ^^ You have to vote via PM for these ones. ^_^

Should I put up future plans as well in my bio? I've got a story that I'm planning to post after I've finished FADOF.

el_toro

Superfly
Just to be completely off topic for a second, but has anyone voted yet Water Spirit? I'm sending you my votes right now, I was just being curious. :)

Anyway, back on topic, I just realized how much work my other story needs. I thought that it was going to be an easy revision before I left on vacation, but now that I'm back...yikes. :( I got my work cut out for me.

Not only that, but I've also got to produce two new chapters for AJOS since I decided to go one ahead due to time restrictions... Man I need a vacation! :p

Besides my groaning, anyone else out there running into any problems fic-wise?

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Motivation. I know how I want my last chapter to go, but I'm finding it hard to get off the internent and get onto Word and start typing. Then, once I'm on, it takes me forever to pick out the right words. So I end up typing it in little chunks at a time, usually like one sentence. *sighs*

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Motivation. I know how I want my last chapter to go, but I'm finding it hard to get off the internent and get onto Word and start typing. Then, once I'm on, it takes me forever to pick out the right words. So I end up typing it in little chunks at a time, usually like one sentence. *sighs*

Me too, Artemis. I have ideas for my fic, and I really REALLY want to write them down, but it's very hard for me to pull myself away from the interet, my DS, or my Wii long enough to write a lot down. But eventually, I WILL find a way to focus long enough to write. Maybe when I have my own laptop, that'll help.

Misty's Double

Motivation for sure. Since I received what was ultimately an overly harsh review, the motivation issue has been worse... I frankly cannot see the purpose in continuing.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hey! I'm in this club, though this is the first time I've posted. I joined via PM. But this'll be a great place to read and get reviews and stuff. Hm, I guess I need a medal. I counted my views, and I have 16,859 (13,480 for LIC, 1,033 for KnD, and 2,346 for MT). So I guess that makes my rank . . .
Below 17,000- Purple

And here's a rundown of my fics:

1. Love Is Confusing (Romance/Humor; K; Complete)- A sweet, humorous AaML with an episodic feel typical of the show. Misty is in love with Ash, and Ash is beginning to think that he just might be in love with Misty. Or maybe he's just hungry. In any case, getting together won't be as easy as it sounds. First they must overcome plenty of obstacles, including a disasterous first "date", romantic rivals, and more misunderstandings than you can stick a shake at. Will they ever get it figured out?

2. Kokoro no Dorobou (Romance/Supernatural; K+; Complete)- Slightly darker than Love Is Confusing. Ash is preparing for the Hoenn League finals when he learns that Misty has gone missing en route to the event. He and the others immediately go looking for her, but what else will they discover when they find her? Meanwhile, Misty entertains a bored little girl with a very familiar sounding fairy-tale. Can Ash save her in time? The fate of the world may just hang in the balance.

3. Mare Tempestatum (Romance/Fantasy; K+; In-Progress)- My first alternate universe fic. No Pokemon in this AaML. An orphan girl is abandoned near a castle by the sea, and is taken in by the queen who lives there. However, the queen soon dies giving birth to a son, and the girl is left alone, bitterly hating the new prince. How will these two find their places in such an uncaring world?

Yes. I think people are frustrated with Mare Tempestatum because I'm taking so long to get to the mushy parts. I don't wanna change it, but still. I think maybe that's why it hasn't been as popular as my old fics . . . It does affect my motivation that I don't get as many reviews too . . . IMO, it's the best one I've done, so I get kinda frustrated. Also, I procrastinate. A LOT. This is probably another significant problem for MT. I've been doing better recently, but . . . My problem is that I have trouble thinking of how to make my chapters long enough. Things always turn out longer than I'd thought they would so it's not really a problem at all. I just worry about it.

Last edited:

el_toro

Superfly
Hey! I'm in this club, though this is the first time I've posted. I joined via PM. But this'll be a great place to read and get reviews and stuff. Hm, I guess I need a medal. I counted my views, and I have 16,859 (13,480 for LIC, 1,033 for KnD, and 2,346 for MT). So I guess that makes my rank . . .
Below 17,000- Purple

And here's a rundown of my fics:

1. Love Is Confusing (Romance/Humor; K; Complete)- A sweet, humorous AaML with an episodic feel typical of the show. Misty is in love with Ash, and Ash is beginning to think that he just might be in love with Misty. Or maybe he's just hungry. In any case, getting together won't be as easy as it sounds. First they must overcome plenty of obstacles, including a disasterous first "date", romantic rivals, and more misunderstandings than you can stick a shake at. Will they ever get it figured out?

2. Kokoro no Dorobou (Romance/Supernatural; K+; Complete)- Slightly darker than Love Is Confusing. Ash is preparing for the Hoenn League finals when he learns that Misty has gone missing en route to the event. He and the others immediately go looking for her, but what else will they discover when they find her? Meanwhile, Misty entertains a bored little girl with a very familiar sounding fairy-tale. Can Ash save her in time? The fate of the world may just hang in the balance.

3. Mare Tempestatum (Romance/Fantasy; K+; In-Progress)- My first alternate universe fic. No Pokemon in this AaML. An orphan girl is abandoned near a castle by the sea, and is taken in by the queen who lives there. However, the queen soon dies giving birth to a son, and the girl is left alone, bitterly hating the new prince. How will these two find their places in such an uncaring world?

Yes. I think people are frustrated with Mare Tempestatum because I'm taking so long to get to the mushy parts. I don't wanna change it, but still. I think maybe that's why it hasn't been as popular as my old fics . . . It does affect my motivation that I don't get as many reviews too . . . IMO, it's the best one I've done, so I get kinda frustrated. Also, I procrastinate. A LOT. This is probably another significant problem for MT. I've been doing better recently, but . . . My problem is that I have trouble thinking of how to make my chapters long enough. Things always turn out longer than I'd thought they would so it's not really a problem at all. I just worry about it.

Welcome Hakajin! I'm glad you could finally respond! :D

And by the way, the way that the point system works mainly applies only to fics, but your 'accident' actually makes for a good idea. We could start applying ranks to each other... I'll just have to see if there is anyway we could incorporate that.

Also, do you think you could put up the links to your stories? That way it'll make it much easier for new readers to read your story.

In response to your thoughts, maybe one of the things that could add to the fact of not getting any new readers could be from the fact that your chapters might be a bit too long. Because think of it this way: your readers aren't going to know there isn't a lot of mushy material yet unless if they read the chapter? The way I see it, I think it could be due to the fact of length. I see the same thing happening to me. My chapters have been getting longer and my readers have been getting shorter. Unfortunately there's not much we can do if we get big ideas for one chapter and it turns out to be longer than we expected.

Yeah I know how you feel about the fact that there's nothing we can do about getting longer chapters, but IMO, that should be a good thing... I guess the only thing we can really do is divide up the chapters. And also, your frustration...it's something we all deal with at one point or another. To be honest, I thought my one-shot Nobody Knows But You would do very well since I thought it was my most well thought out story. It turns out, it didn't get as many reviews as I honestly thought it would, but out of all of the reviews, every single one liked it, and to me, I think that's what it should be most about. Yeah it does affect your confidence and whatnot if you have more readers than the other guy, but as long as you know it's a good story, then that's all that should really matter.

Abd trust me Hakajin, you've got a great story! ;) It only takes thime that's all...

Well after that huge post, I've really got nothing left to say except...I haven't been working on my fic at all. :( I've been watching too much Bleach lately that's why...

Status
Not open for further replies.