• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeshipping General Discussion: US > YOU 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Welcome to all of our new Pokeshippers! I hope you all enjoy your time here; please take a minute to read the rules on the first page! =)

Mistygemmy, adorable fanart!! I adore your coloring. =D I also like your icons, too! Finally somebody else who does icons besides me! xD I just love the kiss fanart. *____* That is so hot, omfg. I have a thing for PS kissing fanart. xDDDD Would you like me to add your icons to the first post where the graphics!album is? :3

AAML keeping hope, welcome to you, too! This thread is very reliable so anything new around Pokeshipping, this is the place to check first. Screw Wikipedia! *tosses it out the window* xD There are many helpful links and information about Pokeshipping in this post. First post always has a ton of stuff to look at. :3 Lastly, please remember to explain more in your posts or else they will count for spam.

What is your favorite PS fic (if you have one)
Mine is the four stalkers series its got love,humor and a salamence with landing issues's.

Oh wow, I haven't read that story in a long time. xD I'm surprised you remembered it. xD Thanks for the mention! :3

Do you feel like you have your own special connection with Pokeshipping that's different and unique then anyone else's? Like there's a side to Misty and Ash's love you only see? Something that makes it original to you?
Oh, without a doubt! Sometimes, I don't even know how to describe it. For me, Pokeshipping can't really be defined. I suppose it's a series of feelings I have for it from anger to pure happiness. It's almost like I sometimes have a love/hate relationship with it. Sometimes, I'll get really annoyed whenever there's a lack of interaction (or basically Misty) or get mad at Ash being dense; I don't know, but I guess that's how I work. Other times, I'll be very giggly about it and start dancing to myself out of energy. But yeah, I try to be patient for it; we all do here. I just find myself to become very obsessive about Pokeshipping like looking for fanart, fanfiction, graphics, etc. Then there are other times where I'm neutral like trying not to get my hopes up too much and stuff like that. It's a little hard for me to explain it, but I still love Pokeshipping after all these years of supporting. I've always admired how the two interact with each other; it's so much fun to see! I become all giggly whenever I see a hint, then inspire myself to be positive about this shipping. It's not like the other shipping is support that I easily lose interest in after a while; Pokeshipping is the only shipping that is still my favorite regardless of there being other completely canon couples in other anime. I don't care, it's PS; I love it regardless of its' status.

It's thanks to this pairing where I got to meet so many wonderful people I can relate to. I'm thankful that it's brought a lot of Pokeshippers together here as a family. I would seriously go mental if there weren't any Pokeshippers around; that would make me so sad. But I am happy to find many supporters here so we all keep at it together. Good god, I'm sounding corny again; help! xD I can relate myself to this shipping more than any other shipping around, especially Misty for tons of reasons I won't mention before I turn this into an essay. It's a great pleasure. =) The characters cheer me up a bunch and that's one thing I will cherish during my childhood days and beyond.

If Ash and Misty get together, what would you do?

the awnser to this is undescribeable .. if or when i see this eppi i will prolly be speechless and just have my mouth droped open for a few min till i realise what happend.. then i would just go crazy with joy ect.. so on and such justlike anyone else.. that would be a amazing day!

Milotic17

Do you feel like you have your own special connection with Pokeshipping that's different and unique then anyone else's? Like there's a side to Misty and Ash's love you only see? Something that makes it original to you?

I think we all have our own unique interpretation of the pairing. For example, when I write fanfics about Pokeshipping, I write about how I see the pairing, and people may agree with it or they may not. It's amazing how differently different people view Pokeshipping; just read some fanfics and you'll see all of the proof of this that you need. We all view Pokeshipping in a unique way, and I think that's really cool. I'm not sure that I could quite put my finger on what makes the way I view the shipping different from the way everyone else views it, but I know the differences are there. I started liking Pokeshipping after watching The Tower of Terror, and I'm sure other people started liking it at diffferent times. I also have my own unique reasons for liking the shipping, which I'm sure are at least somewhat different those of everyone else.

As for how Pokeshipping's different from other ships for me, well, it's the only one that gives me this really incredible feeling, one I can't quite explain. Sometimes it frustrates me, but overall it makes me incredibly happy.

What is your favorite PS fic (if you have one)?

Oh, that's tough. I know this isn't a very unique answer, but mine's probably Cavern of a Million Colors by Eveebeth Fejvu.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Well....after lurking in these forums for nearly a year, I've finally decided to throw my two cents into this discussion (if you'll let me....). Anyway, I've been a supporter of AAML, Pokeshipping, SatoKasu, whatever you want to call it since the very beginning, and I doubt that's going to change in the future. So, if you don't mind, I'll be willing to share my thoughts on this "never-say-die" ship, and also hear from you. AAML Forever!!

I'm not sure on how to answer this, but the reason I think Pokeshipping unique, is because it strays away from the main guy/main girl pairings. What I mean by this is, while Ash is the protagonist in the anime and games, Misty is his sidekick and a gym leader, respectively. When I see Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping, I see the typical main b/g couplings, and when compared to other animes as well as each other, they lose their originality. And when the fifth generation comes along, with what I presume a new girl protagonist in tow, this originality will be further downsized. Pokeshipping always had a unique spot in the anime, and that's why I support it. I sure hope that made sense to everyone here XD.

Fate and Destiny of Friends by Water Spirit is my number one PS fic by far. I never get tired of reading it over and over again (and I usually staying up until 3 A.M. when I do XD). All I need is that last chapter and I'll be set!

Generally, my favorite PS fics involve love triangles with a minor character (see my sig) or an original character (I never liked the Pokeshipping/Advanceshipping/Pearlshipping triangles, for good reason). It adds that angst and/or jealousy that I love to read in any story.

Last edited:

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Welcome aboard Sonic Boom and every new Pokeshipper! :D Lets keep up the Pokeshipping spirit up! :D

Hmmm....with all of this talk about fan fiction here....heres a question that i'm curious about. ^^

You are made incredibly well known for writing an incredibly popular Pokeshipping fan fiction. All of a sudden, you are contacted by the writers of the anime to have your fan fiction become part of the shows canon. Would you change anything for the writers or send it in as is? ^^

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Thanks for the welcome, Moogleborg!

You are made incredibly well known for writing an incredibly popular Pokeshipping fan fiction. All of a sudden, you are contacted by the writers of the anime to have your fan fiction become part of the shows canon. Would you change anything for the writers or send it in as is? ^^

How strange....I was thinking about the exact same thing before you posted!XD Well, if it was up to me, I would change the story so that the pokeshipping comes at a much slower pace, so that it isn't shoved in the viewers faces. Pokemon is not a romantic soap opera, so there really is no need to present hint after hint in such a short time. At the same time, though, I would try to create ultimatums for the other opposing ships, so that the show doesn't get flamed by other shippers. HOW that would be done, I have no idea.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

Heh, I've thought about this before... well, if that happened, I think I'd probably be working with Love Is Confusing because its tone is like the show's. I'd definitely have to rewrite parts of it, though, mostly because it's outdated. And I'd probably have to take out that one dramatic scene... I'd have to figure some other way to get Ash to figure out his feelings. But I like how it is other than that. I liked the fact that the tone was pretty light and not melodramatic.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Welcome all the new people I haven't welcomed yet. ^ ^

Mistygemmy I'd like to say that your last fanart wowed me. Really, it awesome. In fact you inpired me try doing one myself on MS Paint.

[IMG139]http://i36.*******.com/2uxwzm0.png[/IMG139]

Fanart credit me for once :p I still want to scan though. I think I draw better on paper (the lines aren't jagged and stuff), and then color it. ^ ^;

The Strangest Kind of Love by Warlordess. I have an obsession with that fic. I love seeing them interact there.

I want that to happen! XD Why would I change anything though? I mean why would I change what people like? That's like changing the anime from the Japanese when they dub, and people already don't like that. If people like it for what it is, and anime writers like it, then what's the point? I wouldn't change a thing. You would see it just as it is.

Last edited:

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper

Heh. Well, while I highly doubt they'd want a foreigner's input, I'll speculate anyway xD I've never written PS fanfiction before, but if it had enough of the moments I like I'd send it in as is. If people loved it so much that it would get that kind of recognition, suddenly changing things probably wouldn't be a good idea! Everybody would be satisfied with it, so there's no need. And it would be so cool to see it animated and in Japanese :D

Mistygemmy

Pokeshipper.
HeyHey!
Sorry i havn't been on the last day or whatnot xD I turned 16 on tuesday, and the last 2 days have been non-stop SHOPPING! 8D I got a wii fit as well :B *gets shot for going off topic* xD
Anyways! Its good to see that people are active and I have a bit to catch up on ^_^

Mistygemmy, adorable fanart!! I adore your coloring. =D I also like your icons, too! Finally somebody else who does icons besides me! xD I just love the kiss fanart. *____* That is so hot, omfg. I have a thing for PS kissing fanart. xDDDD Would you like me to add your icons to the first post where the graphics!album is? :3
Ohohososh! <3
I would LOVE that! That would be so uberly awesome >w< Thankyou really very muchly! *hugs* ^w^
Omgawddd I nu what you mean, I love Kissing pics >w< They are so adorable xD Thanksies agaiin =DD

Welcome all the new people I haven't welcomed yet. ^ ^

Mistygemmy I'd like to say that your last fanart wowed me. Really, it awesome. In fact you inpired me try doing one myself on MS Paint.

[IMG139]http://i36.*******.com/2uxwzm0.png[/IMG139]

Fanart credit me for once :p I still want to scan though. I think I draw better on paper (the lines aren't jagged and stuff), and then color it. ^ ^;

Oh me gosh! That is SO adorable!!! <3 i mean, omdgdh <3 *fangirls* How cuutee >w< The poses are fantastic, Misty looks so cutee! And Ash is just all ' =O '
XD Awww, very great job!
And wow! Thats so awesome that I inspired youuu <33 Its really sweett too! >w< Thanks! 8D

Now to answer question(s) <3
ofsshbayqjn! *keboard smash* If that happened, I would like, die. Seriously, I would be so excited I'd end up having a heart attack before even being able to write it! I'd have to put it in my will xD
Umm...so, in my will, I'd probably tone down some of the cheesy parts in my fic, and add more battles- I wouldnt like it to just be an hour of cheesy romance, so i'd try and balance it out, and i'd have to ask people around me if it was ok and stuff XD But I would totaly make sure there was still a million bazillion hints >D
X3 would be so fun..
*daydreams*

Ahh xD anyway! I have some more icons, and I'm going to try and get some art up by this weekend, i'm babysitting so i usualy draw loads when I'm doing that (My nephew has a lot of pokemon things that I can look at to get INSPIRED! 8D) xD
Okays then! 8D Heres the icons =D
[IMG139]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/sachikomichi/Pokeship11.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/sachikomichi/Pokeship12.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/sachikomichi/Pokeship13.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/sachikomichi/pokeship14.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/sachikomichi/pokeship15.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/sachikomichi/pokeship16.png[/IMG139]

You can view/download all of them (the ones from my previous posts too) Here ---> http://Mistygemmy.deviantart.com/art/Pokeshipping-icons-100663102

They're all in a ZIP folder =D
Take care xx
Rach~ xx

Mistygemmy: thoes icons are cool =) btw all of the fanfics u guys posted i reed them on my free time they are cool! really liked them!
now on to one of the subjects

well if i can ever write a good one then that would be amazing .. woow.. but it honestly depends on what they would want me to change. if it would be how the romance between them are an they dnt want it there then nooooo wayyyy lol i wouldent changet it. if it was somthin like a setting or minor and didint mess up the whole thing or what ramance is between the 2 then ok.... cause i would make it a gradual thing not a WAMMM they r kissing in one eppi fic it would b over the cource of a few eppis.. but ya it would depend on what they wanted to change. that would be cool though..

Last edited:

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Awesome answers everyone! :D I need to find myself the time to read those fan fics though....I never had the free time that I used to when it came to reading such good Pokeshipping fanfics. ^__^

But, while my interest for Fan Fiction used to be high, my high is now on Pokeshipping Fan art! :D And Yoshi-kun, your fan pic rocked! :D And your icons rocked too Mistygemmy! :D

In fact....while on the subject of Fan art....heres something i've thought up:

Just recently, I saw a book known as the 'Street Fighter Tribute' which contained the fan art work of various Street Fighter fans from all over the world. If there was a possibility to make a Pokeshipping dedication book, would you like to see it made?

plopagon123

Perfectly Imperfect
You are made incredibly well known for writing an incredibly popular Pokeshipping fan fiction. All of a sudden, you are contacted by the writers of the anime to have your fan fiction become part of the shows canon. Would you change anything for the writers or send it in as is?

Maybe I would have the writers change some parts in it. Because it I really did it, I guess it would be very offensive to the people who are opposed to Pokeshipping. Like say, May and Ash were together at the beginning, and then Ash dumps May for Misty or something along those lines. I'm evil like that, so ha! Hold on, how could something as offending as that be popular? I don't know, maybe to the Pokeshippers it will. Eh, I won't make it that offending. Anyway, I'm thinking about them either taking those scenes out or making them less offending, so that I won't get flamed by the haters. But other than that, I think they could send it as it is, since... I don't know. It's really popular to the readers so I guess they would really want to watch it the way they read it in the book. NO SCENES CUT OUT.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Haven't been up here in a while...

To start, I brought some icons I found. I didn't make any, I just found them! It's not much, but they're pretty funny ^^

[IMG139]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/Vee2xPengudox/Icons/Anime/Pokemon/apparition.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/Vee2xPengudox/Icons/Anime/Pokemon/GhostAshGrope.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/Vee2xPengudox/Icons/Anime/Pokemon/ShieldThineEyes.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i35.*******.com/muzkb4.png[/IMG139]

And now, topics! Yaaay!

You are made incredibly well known for writing an incredibly popular Pokeshipping fan fiction. All of a sudden, you are contacted by the writers of the anime to have your fan fiction become part of the shows canon. Would you change anything for the writers or send it in as is?

If only, right? :p

Personally, I'd keep them uncut, but the writers & them may not want it so. Especially if there's dirty scenes involved ;D

If there was a possibility to make a Pokeshipping dedication book, would you like to see it made?

I think that would be a cool project ^^ I'd have to say yes.

What's going into it? Because if I could pick just one thing, it would definitely be that song "Under The Mistletoe." I LOVE THAT SONG! 8D

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
If there was a possibility to make a Pokeshipping dedication book, would you like to see it made?

What self respecting Pokeshipper WOULDN'T want it made?! XD Are we talking fan made, or officially made? If fan made, I think it'd be really cool to put in some of the best fanfics and fanart in there, essays written by shippers about what it means to them, lyrics to the songs featuring Ash and Misty, etc. Actually, you could probably get away with making a fanzine or online magazine about it, if nothing else.

If official, I don't really know what the creators would put in it. Screenshots and song lyrics, I guess. Not quite as exciting!

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

I have actually seriously considered making one for myself. I'd take my favorite fics and fanart and put them in an album.

How would you feel if the writers stole your fanfic for a Pokeshipping scenario?

I'm not sure if I would be so happy that Pokeshipping happened that I wouldn't care, of if I'd be POed. I sure wouldn't sue, though. That would mean acknowledging to everyone who's ever heard of me that I am obsessed with Pokeshipping to the point of writing fanfics.

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
2 weeks until Halloween, guys ;D

How would you feel if the writers stole your fanfic for a Pokeshipping scenario?

I would be upset that somebody had stolen something I'd written, and especially that I wouldn't get credit, but it's not like I could sue. What would I say, "I wrote an unauthorized story with copyrighted characters and they totally didn't pay me for it!" :p Wouldn't quite work. I'd just have to hope they stole the RIGHT story and used all the gushy Pokeshippy elements ;)

Mistygemmy

Pokeshipper.
I wouldn't really mind xDD I would actually support the fact, it'd be awesome ^___^

And, yay, Halloween! I think I might dress my nephew up as Ash and fool him into thinking I'm just taking him trick or treating, when in fact, i'll be collecting sweeties for myself! *INSERT EVIL LAUGH HERE*! XD
Nah, I aint that evil 8DD

Umm, so, a new topic- anyone? This is a little....its basically my imagination playing up again 8D

If Ash and Misty had a daughter/son, what do you think they would look like? (Who's hair color/ eye color would they get ect?)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If Ash and Misty had a daughter/son, what do you think they would look like? (Who's hair color/ eye color would they get ect?)

Strange, but everytime I think of a child for Ash and Misty, I always think for a son, he would look just like Ash, and for a daughter, either a red head, with brown eyes, or...well, here's a link (is this allowed?):

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5790/dragonballzbudokaitenkauk5.jpg (Credit goes to Blogfree.net)

For those who don;t know who she is, she's Pan from Dragonball GT. I can't think of Ash's and Misty's daughter looking different from her, just add either green or brown eyes. Besides, her personality is something to note: she is independent, is brash, and not to mention has a short fuse...remind you of someone? Yes, originality is not a strong suit of mine XD.

And yes, Halloween is coming...anything planned for this thread for it?

I don't think I have posted on the new Pokeshipping thread yet. D: I'm so bad! But HI. :)

Aw, I always picture the two having such a cute little daughter. :) I picture the girl having short spikey (like Ash's) orange hair. Of course looking pretty and cute. With greenish/hazel eyes. And she could have those random Z's on her cheeks that Ash has. xD And usually wearing a cute blue ribbon in her hair.
And of course personality-wise, a mix between denseness and tough moodiness. xD

What a mix right? x)
I should definitely draw a picture of her sometime, since I'm drawing again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.