• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeshipping General Discussion: US > YOU 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you imagine PS/an Ash-Misty relationship to start in the series?

Well many ideas come to my mind, but I will say the one that came first. *Lolz at other ideas*

In Sinnoh, a contest is being held for the coveted water jewel thing, (any water jewel thing that misty will get all oogly at) but it's a tag battle. Certain circumstances force Misty to partner up with Ash. The two rely on complete teamwork (and psyduck) to win. When they win the prize, they look at each other with a love-at first-sight sort of look. So it begins. :D

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Oh wait, I meant I thought Dawn and Gary were cute together. I assumed that's what Oystershipping. But obviously, it's Misty/Dawn. Oh well, whatever.

As for how their relationship should begin, I don't think it should be anything major. Maybe some blushing, or hand-holding... or both at the same time. Like they hold hands but won't look at each other. I think I might have gotten that from a pic by Miyabi-san. But I'm really not big on the kissing. At least not at that stage. It's just too uncharacteristic for the both of them.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Goooo Pokeshipping!

Even though I told Chelc I probably wouldn't be returning for the PS sequel, the power of PS proved to be too attractive. ^^

Exactly how it began, but with slight variation. Misty walks into a bike shop to pick up her bike, Pikachu charges in with whatever problem, Ash chases after Pikachu, and Pikachu unleashed a powerful electrical attack that thrashed the whole shop. To spare Ash's life from the angry shop owner, Misty volunteers to "take care" of Ash. Like tru_blu127 said, "So it begins."

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
The only problem with that scenario is that I don't see how Misty's "taking care" of Ash solves the shop keeper's problem. Now, if Ash had to work at the shop to pay off his debt, and Misty volunteered to help him, that would be different. But it still doesn't fit the formula. I dunno. I've been in dramatic writing for too long...

Your right. Misty now will feel that Ash is more mature now and he doesn't need any "taking care of". Besides, I don't think that scene would be a good opener. Maybe, a bike race, but not that.

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Goooo Pokeshipping!

I'm glad this new thread's up, it was kinda disappointing to finally come back to the shipping section of the thread only to find out that the old shipping thread was going down. *sighs* Hopefully, this one will work out better, and we can make some new memories here! ^^

Debate on when your love for PokéShipping was at the highest, and lowest, and now ?

I can completely say without a doubt that my highest point was when I first joined up with Serebii Forums a year before and ran into the Pokeshipping thread. I had known about Ash x Misty before, but not the official shipping name for it, and really, it was at that point that they became my first anime couple. It was the people at that thread that inspired me to finally write my first romantic fanfic (which is a pretty big hit nowadays) about Pokeshipping. Ironically enough, my lowest point was when I first found out about it, because even though I believed in it, I just wasn't enthusiastic about it back then. As of now, Pokeshipping's sorta taken a bit of a back seat as I've been introduced to new animes (NaruHina's taken the top spot now...), but I still find Pokeshipping great, and I still support it through and through.

I reckon it would start off with a "reunion" battle between the two, where'd they would notice the subtle changes of battle styles from when they were younger, and reflect on how much the other has grown. Or at least Misty would do that anyways...not so sure about our favorite dense trainer.

Anyways, I'm glad to be back in the shipping section, I guess it's a new start for me and the thread! Ja ne!

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
The only problem with that scenario is that I don't see how Misty's "taking care" of Ash solves the shop keeper's problem. Now, if Ash had to work at the shop to pay off his debt, and Misty volunteered to help him, that would be different. But it still doesn't fit the formula. I dunno. I've been in dramatic writing for too long...

Hmm...I hadn't thought of that. What I was originally going for was Misty sparing Ash from an very angry shop owner who wanted to strangle Ash for ruining his shop. The shop owner doesn't care about the debt, he wanted revenge. Misty saves Ash by telling the shop owner that she will "take care of Ash" for him. Exactly what she means is supposed to be vague. That was my scenario...maybe I misunderstood the topic.

Ky-nim

I dunno?
I forgot the old shipping thread was closed...and yay! New thread!

Debate on when your love for PokéShipping was at the highest, and lowest, and now ?

It was lowest when I first stumbled on it...especially when I had avoided the anime for a long time and thought over the old eps. When I first watched it, I disliked Misty... ^^;

(Whatever Artemis had said would be about right...although I wish'd it would have started towards end of Johto.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day

It was lowest when I first stumbled on it...especially when I had avoided the anime for a long time and thought over the old eps. When I first watched it, I disliked Misty... ^^;

Honestly, my love for Pokeshipping has remained more-or-less plateaued for the duration of it. I thought Pokeshipping was great and continued to stick with it. The only thing that has changed for me is the possibility of getting anything more out of Pokeshipping in post-GCYL; to me, the chances are pretty low by this point.

gameboy

Pokeball go!

I'm kinda imagining Misty saying that she's coming to Sinnoh, and everyone (Zoey, Brock, Paul, Dawn) making fun of Ash and Misty's relationship, and he's walking away from them, because of they were making fun of him and Misty, and BAM! He runs right into Misty. Accidental kiss, with everyone around to see. So it begins.....

Either or that or some crazy scheme by Pikachu or Tracy to get them together. Although the latter might be funner, the the first seemes more real, then again, Pokemon never been real.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums

I think Ash and Misty would start out simple. I think the confession would be accidental or full of awkwardness, nervousness, and stuttering. Maybe from Ash’s side since Misty’s held out this long. :p She thinks she has to wait for Ash to mature, so I’ve come to believe Ash will be the one to make a move, whenever he figures it out that is. I don’t think their relationship will mushy and full of love at first, like some people try to claim. Ash and Misty are new at this, so there would probably be more confusion, awkwardness, and nervousness as they try to figure things out. Ie Ash would say he likes/loves Misty, but wouldn’t see the need in Dating. Misty has dreamed of romantic relationship this long, she would probably want everything to be perfect. And thus that leads to more conflict, because she would want the romantic candle light dinner and Ash would rather go to the local burger joint. Misty would want romance and Ash would think that because they’re together, which is what matters, what’s the point in putting on a show. Their first step into romance would likely come from UST more than anything. Because Ash also seems shy about romance, Misty would probably lead him with thoughts about, this is what everybody else does. So in the end he would relent and Misty might find out what she’s seen the movies isn’t the way it works in real life. After all when you have a somewhat violent temperamental girl dating someone who is unmannered, uncultured, and accident prone (who she once called the master of disaster) things aren’t going to be perfect. Really I find the topic of how their relationship would be interesting, it’s sad more fanfiction authors don’t address it and simply focus on the confession. The moment they confess the fic ends and they don’t show anything after. And before you call me a hypocrite, it’ll be a looooooog time before any fanfiction I write is done and posted.

Oh wait, I meant I thought Dawn and Gary were cute together. I assumed that's what Oystershipping. But obviously, it's Misty/Dawn. Oh well, whatever.

Oh, I thought you knew, sorry. ^ ^;;; Anyway Gary x Dawn is one of my favorite DP ships right now. What’s the name? Limerickshipping or something? Does anybody know or has not been decided yet?
And apparently Kenny’s coming back or something, so there’s also Penguinshipping. Dawn has a lot of guys to choose from it seems. Guys other than Ash.^ ^

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Anyway Gary x Dawn is one of my favorite DP ships right now. What’s the name? Limerickshipping or something?

It's CavalierShipping, and it's one of my favourite Gary ships, but let's not get off topic shall we ? ;)

How do you imagine PS/an Ash-Misty relationship to start in the series ?

Don't they have one already ? o_o
I mean, come on, this is the perfect way to start ! An uneasy phase, unsure of what to do next, of what's going to happen. Small hints, blushing, awkward situations and so on...I wouldn't change it for the world :p

Yet, a steady relationship, well, first, they'd need to see each other more often. But then...huh, I'd say some random cute/brave act from Ash (brave as in decided, romantic-wise), whith some gift, birthday gift or Valentine...
Yeah ! I'd see him giving her a gift for Valentine's Day, some blushing on both sides, still uneasy, but that's how it would definately start :)

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I think Ash and Misty would start out simple. I think the confession would be accidental or full of awkwardness, nervousness, and stuttering. Maybe from Ash’s side since Misty’s held out this long. She thinks she has to wait for Ash to mature, so I’ve come to believe Ash will be the one to make a move, whenever he figures it out that is. I don’t think their relationship will mushy and full of love at first, like some people try to claim. Ash and Misty are new at this, so there would probably be more confusion, awkwardness, and nervousness as they try to figure things out. Ie Ash would say he likes/loves Misty, but wouldn’t see the need in Dating. Misty has dreamed of romantic relationship this long, she would probably want everything to be perfect. And thus that leads to more conflict, because she would want the romantic candle light dinner and Ash would rather go to the local burger joint. Misty would want romance and Ash would think that because they’re together, which is what matters, what’s the point in putting on a show. Their first step into romance would likely come from UST more than anything. Because Ash also seems shy about romance, Misty would probably lead him with thoughts about, this is what everybody else does. So in the end he would relent and Misty might find out what she’s seen the movies isn’t the way it works in real life. After all when you have a somewhat violent temperamental girl dating someone who is unmannered, uncultured, and accident prone (who she once called the master of disaster) things aren’t going to be perfect. Really I find the topic of how their relationship would be interesting, it’s sad more fanfiction authors don’t address it and simply focus on the confession. The moment they confess the fic ends and they don’t show anything after. And before you call me a hypocrite, it’ll be a looooooog time before any fanfiction I write is done and posted.

Hey, You should go read my fic sometime. The last one in my sig. Not to advertise, but... I did a couple of chapters about what happened afterward. I think you'd like it from what you said.

I like the "I love you but let's wait to start dating" kind of thing. You know, the characters know that they like each other and the feeling's mutual, but they don't do anything mushy yet because they're not ready. I think that's what works best with Pokeshipping.

Also, Yoshi-kun, you should read Love Com sometime, because Nakamura focuses very much on what happens after the confession between the two main characters. There's lots of awkwardness, and Risa has trouble figuring out what to do. It's a Pokeshippy romance anyway, and I love the way Nakamura handles it... Ok, done talking about Love Com now.

Milotic17

How do you imagine PS/an Ash-Misty relationship to start in the series ?

Hmm, I can't see Misty getting over her feelings just yet somehow. I think she still has them for Ash, and I think the Japanese version of "A Date with Delcatty" proves that (although, granted, that did air quite some time ago now). Anyway, I can see the "Ash has an epiphany and confesses to Misty" thing happening, although I do think it's done pretty poorly in most fics. Also, whoever said (sorry, I forget who it was) that it's annoying when fics just end with the confession (and the same confession most of the time) and don't explore the issue any further is right.

I also like the idea of Ash not giving an answer to Misty at first after she confesses or even flat-out rejecting her (to accept later, of course, ;) ) because he's confused about his feelings. I would like him to think about love and his feelings for Misty and consider things for a little while before accepting; I think that's a pretty realistic way of handling things.

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
I also like the idea of Ash not giving an answer to Misty at first after she confesses or even flat-out rejecting her (to accept later, of course, ;) ) because he's confused about his feelings. I would like him to think about love and his feelings for Misty and consider things for a little while before accepting; I think that's a pretty realistic way of handling things.

That may sometimes seem a little bit cliched, but given Ash's density, especially when it comes to stuff like romance, it does seem like a pretty realistic way of having a situation where Ash and Misty would start a romantic relationship.

Especially, since Ash and Misty are still young teenagers, and they're still pretty much going through their own personal objectives and growth. While they both may have romantic feelings for each other romantically, the good question for them is if they are actually ready to take their relationship one step further. ^^

Which makes me want to ask this question for a new topic:

Do you think that Ash and Misty are ready for a romantic relationship?

And my answer to this is: maybe.

Why maybe? ^^ Well personally, i'm mostly asking this question for fun, but i'd really like for Ash and Misty's creators and the writers to see on how they'd handle Ash and Misty being in a romantic relationship. Personally, i'd somewhat picture them as a funnier version of Keiichi and Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess, but if they had Skulds spunky attitude within them! XD!!

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!

Honestly nope. I think Ash needs to get at least interested in a girl (the character of the day) before he gets involved in a relationship with Misty. Remember the line "I hope I never act like that" when refering to Brocks antics over a Nurse Joy in Hoen. The Brock- style is a way to get him both interested in a girl (however not fully, I can´t see Ash act like Brock all out but I can see him act like when he saw Giselle) and get him to understand what love is not (the Brock- style of love). Misty usually said that when he got older he would understand [about love]. So when he has surpassed the Brock-style and now is older he can be ready for a relationship with Misty. Rudy would be there saying "I told you so, now you get what I meant". :D

Or... Maybe he can actually get a crush on a rival in the Sinnoh Leauge, but force to fight her in lets say the quarter-finals. Then he will have experienced some sort of romance [that only lasted for 2 eps]. And after that he might be more open to a serious relationship [with Misty]. Anyway...the main point in all this is that Ash must at least get interested in some girl before starting a relationship with Misty.

Misty on the other hand seems to be ready for a relationship [with someone/Ash] but she have to wait for Ash to be ready. But she have waited for ages so she can wait a little more... :D

Well, that IS a highly debated question around. "Is Misty ready for a relationship?" Yes, she claims to be romantic. Yes, she acts about 10 years older than Ash. Still, it seems that Misty was only about 12 when the anime started, when Ash was about 10. 2 years difference = almost no difference at all. Still, you guys have a point, it's not how OLD you are, but what age you act. Ash has GOT to learn that if all of us want a real relationship.

Megaranger

As one of the top former shipping debators said: "Hints are as much tone and body language as actual words." So yeah, even if the wording is changed around a little, the content of Pokeshipping still exists in the original Japanese version. Therefore, the "dub-added" arguement, which I've heard before, is baseless.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Actions do speak louder than words! ^_^

You know the dub also cuts things from the original version too. Like in the Japanese version of Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon, Kasumi said something like please don’t die when Satoshi was buried under the rocks. But Misty said something about her bike, like you still owe me a bike. And the Housou’s were horribly butchered. They took out where she said Satoshi when she was drowning. At the end of the first Misty Housou she said that she would prove herself to Satoshi, but the in the dub she said Ash and Brock. And then there was the famous “someone else” scene that was completely rewritten in the dub. At least it wasn’t as bad as what Saban did to Tekeru and Hikari in Digimon completely inventing that romance out of nowhere. People are still surprised T.K. and Kari didn’t get together thanks to crappy dubbing.

Yes I know all that. But still, you have to give 4Kids credit. Like MistyMix89 said, in the original Pokeshipping was made less obvious (dialogue-wise). Whereas in the dub, Pokeshipping was far more conspicuous (with shipper lines and such). I admit the scene cuts are terrible, but I think 4Kids make up for that by making Pokeshipping even stronger than in the original. And if that wasn't enough, they even supplemented Pokeshipping with songs such as "He Drives Me Crazy, Under the Mistletoe, and especially Misty's Song".

I'd say in the end, the scale for Pokeshipping balances out.

Well, that IS a highly debated question around. "Is Misty ready for a relationship?" Yes, she claims to be romantic. Yes, she acts about 10 years older than Ash. Still, it seems that Misty was only about 12 when the anime started, when Ash was about 10. 2 years difference = almost no difference at all. Still, you guys have a point, it's not how OLD you are, but what age you act. Ash has GOT to learn that if all of us want a real relationship.

Unless you already knew this, Ash and Misty are the same age. In the Japanese version of "Ash Catches a Pokemon", Kasumi claims that she is 10 years old. So really, it's the difference in their height that can fool you about their age :p

But even if Misty was a few years older than Ash, so what? When you're in love, nothing else matters. I can think of quite a few couples with the female older than the male. Or a male few DECADES older than the female, like Charlie Chaplin (54) and his final wife, Oona O'Neill (18). See the age gap?

I reiterate: When you're in love, nothing else matters.

And I think Ash has matured enough already. At this point, all he really needs is someone like Casey or Sakura to point out the obvious.

adrenaline

sensible hearts

Hmm...this could play out a number of ways. My answer on how I'd like their relationship to start would be in a pokeshipping fic I wrote a while back. It's too long to relate but anyone who is interested in seeing it can PM me for the link.

Honestly, probably not. Well, if time meant something in the Pokemon universe Ash and Misty would be in their twenties already and mature enough to have a relationship. They've got a few things (personality wise) to iron out before they can put their existing friendship on the line. We can still hope though.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Well, Misty maybe. I dunno, she's not completely mature. I could definitely see her trying to aspire to some romantic ideal that just isn't realistic though. That would be immature, and it would cause problems. Ash not at all. He hasn't even started thinking about romance yet. He's still just focused on training. Nothing wrong with that. He'll grow into it, eventually, even if we never see it.

I think one of the most important things to remember with the difference between them is that girls mature faster than boys, and have more romantic gender roles anyway. I think this has more to do with it than actual age.

Status
Not open for further replies.