• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeshipping General Discussion: US > YOU 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
What don't you like about Pokeshipping?

What don't I like about Pokeshipping? Well this might sound a tad strange but I geuss it would be the sheer amount of hints compared to other shippings (From Misty's side at least). I would prefer it to have fewer hints, just because I like to debate things. Besides that the pairing seems excellent, with the ol' opposites attract mechanic.

lol just be glad that there's so much you can debate Ash's "hints" I find myself going against them all the time!

Ah yes, I always love a challenge.

Last edited:

ashlyrose

lovebug<3
I would prefer it to have fewer hints, just because I like to debate things.

lol just be glad that there's so much you can debate Ash's "hints" I find myself going against them all the time!

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I really love that fan-art, Chelc. I think it stays pretty true to the drawing style of the anime. Plus I love Ash in his... prince(?) costume.

Anyway... I am kinda hoping Misty's return will involve Togetic evolving (as predictable as that would be). It would make a lot of sense, though. It is a pretty popular line, and it would be the perfect chance to highlight it. Plus, maybe Misty would get a princess dress... That would make me happy. I just love fairy tales and pretty pretty gowns.

I wonder how shippy it would be... I didn't think the last time was too bad. I mean, Ash was really intent on helping Misty break through that barrier, and he did tell May and Max to take care of Misty... Oo oo oo, what if Misty got a chance to stay in the Mirage Kingdom with Togekiss, and turned it down, just like in Misty Meets Her Match? That would rock every sock in my drawer!

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Another Princess Misty/Prince Ash fanart. o_o I'm seeing a ton of these lately.

[IMG139]http://i31.*******.com/rkmu5s.jpg[/IMG139]

That is truly a really beautiful and powerful pic ya found Chelc! :D Its wonderfully amazing! :D

And I agree with everyone on the Togetic/Togekiss appearance when Misty returns....besides, Ash hadn't found that egg, then Misty wouldn't have eventually gotten Togepi in the first place...and I had some strange feeling that maybe Togetic/Togekiss might be the one to maybe perhaps bring them together. :D But we'll see for ourselves when Misty returns, won't we? ~_^

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
Bah, it's been two days. I might as well submit a question. (In the bold!?)

Would you rather have a lot of hints over the rest of the series, but them not being confirmed couples? Or would you prefer minimal hints over many years and then WHAM! They're together.

Personally, I would choose a lot of hints over the series, and them not being together. But that's just so that other shippings wont be completely destroyed, and my arguments would have the edge in battle. (Also i love to make parodies of such situations.)

Last edited:

plopagon123

Perfectly Imperfect
Yay! new topic xD

Would you rather have a lot of hints over the rest of the series, but them not being confirmed couples? Or would you prefer no hints over many years and then WHAM! They're together.

Since you said
Or would you prefer no hints over many years...

Of course I would like them to be together but I still wanna see some hints too. So I choose the first choice.

Besides I don't want to see them together, it's gonna get pretty boring now that a certain ship has happened, As was discussed in the previous pages... I think. Also, I would really love it if I could do some hint studying as well xD
Something like, analyzing the hint, what could be the cause of that blushing and stuff. Then use what you've researched in a debate or something and share it with everyone.

But if it is really NO as is NO hints, then I would really go for the first one. However, if you are talking about few hints but hardcore or powerful then I would go for the second for some strange reason. Maybe It's because I prefer quality over quantity? Ok, I'm going out of the topic, I better stop.

**end of post**

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
Hi guys did some fanart

[IMG139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/Satdgodgkasumi.jpg[/IMG139]

Random cute drawing of Misty that I turn into PS fanart.

[IMG139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/satoshidgkasu.jpg[/IMG139]

Recognize Misty's outfit Funny people keep doing her as the mermaid with hero Ash. Also did a Contestshipping one like this see it at their thread.

I remember doing this last year: (I think I've improve some)
http://melody1989.deviantart.com/art/Ash-and-Misty-1st-Date-58540335
I should update with those pic on this site soon, Also Moogly I'll be working on fanart for your fic next.

Forgot topic lol
Would you rather have a lot of hints over the rest of the series, but them not being confirmed couples? Or would you prefer no hints over many years and then WHAM! They're together.

Hints vs PS happening? PS happening wins for me. But yeah PS happening means kiss on the cheek for me but I guess it could be a hint too. But still I rather there be a confirm hint from Misty more the anything else.

Last edited:

ashlyrose

lovebug<3

I would definitely rather have a million hints with them never getting togther. It gives us something to talk about. If they get together then it's like, well that was cute...now what? But with hints you can come up with your own creative ideas as to how they'd get together. But to get way way way more specific. I would rather have one definite Ash hint and no more Misty, that would also please me.

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Cute pics, Mel! I think you've improved some in your skill. I think your body proportions have gotten better. The only problems I see are that Misty's disproportionate to Ash in the first one, plus the kana "shi" in "Satoshi" looks more like a "tsu." But that's about it. Nice colors in the second one.

The former. If that happened, and the hints were strong enough, I could assume that they ended up together. If they ended up together all of a sudden, I wouldn't like the lack of buildup. It wouldn't make much sense to me. Plus, then what would I have to daydream about? I guess I could go completely alternate universe, but... I don't know if I'd even feel the need to do that if it went official.

I thought of another couple that reminds me a little of Pokeshipping today- Yoh and Haruna from High School Debut (great manga, Haruna cracks me up). The part that reminds me of Pokeshipping is the difference in maturity between the two. They go on a date to the beach, and Haruna plays around the whole time. She gets really excited like a little kid when the atmosphere is supposed to be romantic, and she's totally oblivious. It would be so like Ash to do that.

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
Cute pics, Mel! I think you've improved some in your skill. I think your body proportions have gotten better. The only problems I see are that Misty's disproportionate to Ash in the first one, plus the kana "shi" in "Satoshi" looks more like a "tsu." But that's about it. Nice colors in the second one.

The former. If that happened, and the hints were strong enough, I could assume that they ended up together. If they ended up together all of a sudden, I wouldn't like the lack of buildup. It wouldn't make much sense to me. Plus, then what would I have to daydream about? I guess I could go completely alternate universe, but... I don't know if I'd even feel the need to do that if it went official.

I thought of another couple that reminds me a little of Pokeshipping today- Yoh and Haruna from High School Debut (great manga, Haruna cracks me up). The part that reminds me of Pokeshipping is the difference in maturity between the two. They go on a date to the beach, and Haruna plays around the whole time. She gets really excited like a little kid when the atmosphere is supposed to be romantic, and she's totally oblivious. It would be so like Ash to do that.

Thanks Hakajin, Didn't catch the kana but I fix it for putting it up on deivant.

Yeah I do like to have something to dream about unstead of seeing it happen in one way, wondering sometime is good. Like Ash achieving his goal but getting there was half the fun. Also as Ashlyrose said a Ash hint would help PS onesidedness.

Last edited:

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Yes I still come here! Honestly I have no intentions of just ditching this place out of laziness. Actually it's because I had more computer issues and finally just got them fixed, hopefully this time it'll stay fixed since ended up getting another one that has turned out not to be evil. >>

For anyone who's sent me anything during the hiatus I responded.

What don't you like about Pokeshipping?

Um, that there hasn't been a lot of it recently.

Yeah, I know a lot of people hate Ash's denseness and at times it can be annoying, but I like that he has flaws. Besides somehow I just don't see Ash being really forward and romantic without it kind of ruining what they have. What I'm trying to say is that if Ash was like say Drew I'm not sure Pokeshipping would be in the same light, in fact I don't think it would be as good, since it wouldn't mesh well the other parts of Ash's personality.

On the flip side though he can't just have no hormones whatsoever and be practically asexual forever. He needs to learn about the facts of life and have some human companionship in the field of romance for his own sake.

The simple fact is on Ash's side things need be balanced between attraction and cluelessness, and I think they could do a better job of it. What they were doing in Kanto and Orange Islands was okay, but once they got afraid of shipping in Johto they forgot his character in that department.

My point is there needs be a balance to where the fandom wouldn't think him ending up with a human girl would be weird, and not treading off into those wildly OOC "I'M MADLY IN LOVE WITH HER FROM THE DEPTHS OF MY SOUL!" fanfictions.

On Misty's side I think she could be a little more forward in a way, I mean give him some more compliments or accept some of his without assuming that everything will be blown out into the open just because of it. An example is like when in The Stunspore Detour Ash thanks her for being nice to him when he was sick and fires back a don't get used to it. And we know she had already fallen pretty deep for him at that point. That was fine then but now maybe she could try something a little different. Even if they don't fight anymore like they used to, I think her trying to be nice without some of the sassyness would be something different from her to show him, not that I want her to lose her tenacious personality at all since I like that aspect about her. I'm just saying maybe she tone it back in an temporary experiment to see how it plays out.

Honestly though I like the ship.

I was looking at Teppo's site last night, and am I...the only person who didn't know these existed until now? o_o

http://i31.*******.com/erk6r8.gif
http://i29.*******.com/29ol6xh.gif
http://i27.*******.com/t55b7q.gif

[IMG139]http://i29.*******.com/2ztf6kg.gif[/IMG139]

Words cannot describe how much I love that picture especially since it represents two ships I like.

DON'T DENY THE HAPPINESS THIS FANART BRINGS YOU. :(

http://i32.*******.com/9i4u4l.jpg

I don't, because it definitely brings me happiness. :D You know if the eyes weren't brown I'd think it he would pass for Riley.

Holy crap, you have no idea. At other places I attend, it's like a freaking battlefield of immaturity. I've seen shippers [including Pokeshippers] debate with "standing next to each other hints". I'm like, "I think I just lost some brain cells there .___." Too many shippers are stuck with the idea of how Ash saving anyone is a hint. I have very very few exceptions with the whole "saving someone is a hint". The only one I can think of at the moment was when Misty went to rescue Ash in the second movie. If you simply look at this moment physically, it does appear as an ordinary friendship thing. I liked that moment a lot because of Misty's reasons wanting to be the one to save him. Her words were so powerful that in both the dub and the original that I find it baffling whenever anyone disregards it. So yeah. But, I have seen very very cruel Pokeshippers in other forums. You don't want to know how I saw some treat other shipers; it was to the point where I wanted to go crazy.

There's all kind of shippers, though. I think after meeting so many of them my mind opened up a lot about imagination and the power of opinion. But, that's getting too broad of the subject. I think I went too techincal now. .___.;

That brings back baaadddd memories of some of the other forums I used to visit. I think I was baptized by fire before I came here, it was like this place is much calmer than elsewhere (and that was back during the Misty/May flamewars), in other words anyone was free to bash blindly to their hearts content where I went (I honestly never wanted to enter another Yu-Gi-Oh! forum for a long time because of the sheer crap I saw, and the Pokemon forum was only a little better. That's how I came here actually, I saw them talking about this place there). Ditto on the saving not being a hint in and of itself, I hate that. If it's true then Ash would be in love how many characters of the day, Pokemon, and friends? It can be hint if hinty stuff comes along with the saving, not just only the saving.

And I definitely know what you mean by all kinds of shippers.

Oooh, I understand that writers (fanfic writers) have the freedom to write whatever they want, but sometimes I think "where the heck are you going with this? ASH AND MISTY COULD NEVER DO THAT THAT QUICKLY!" I think at first it would just be innocent kisses on the cheek or maybe a few on the lips, y'know? And Ash and Misty's hearts would be beating very quickly every time they did anything romantically. And for some reason, I can picture Ash being a somewhat jealous boyfriend :p

But badly written fics like that, ooh, they take all the fun and innocence out of the relationship. (okay, innocence is like my new favorite word!) About the whole being in love thing, I don't have any experience in that region, so I'm just taking this out of the air.

Totally agreed. I'm like WHAT THE HECK? when I read some of that stuff. And I don't think they'll lose the innocence in their relationship anytime soon. (I like that word too)

Yeah, I know what you mean! I'm like "Uh, why would Misty jump off a cliff like that?" I' open to ideas and all, but sometimes some ideas tend to be more cracky than I think. xD The only time I like when the two go beyond is when they already have a good bond with each other. Other than that, I'll get the OOC vibe. xD But aww, yes! Kisses on the lips, ftw. <333 I think I'll faint and have to be taken to the freaking hospital if that ever happened! xDDDDD And same! Even when a guy is trying to hit on Misty, he might as well go "GRRR" like he did in the Togepi episode while going against Hanson. Jealously just screams his character. He'll get all upset and go "What's so special about him?!" It'll be so adorable.

Lets see I've seen Misty jump off cliffs, from buildings or on top of them, or into water to drown herself, stab herself or slit her wrists using knives, scissors, or razors take your pick (actually I'm not sure but I remember something about glass shards too), starve herself, and overdose on drugs or medication. The only thing I don't think I've seen is the gun, but it's probably out there somewhere. -_- I know Ash has tried it though along with the pills. >> Why? Especially with Misty? I mean one of them had her have a bad memory about her family from a long time ago and she just jumped out the window (she and Ash were already together at that point too).

Kisses on the lips are great if there done right, and when they are I love it. And well jealousy one of my favorite things with Ash. :D

Well, for one thing, I hate it that it's from such a kids' show. It's really hard for non-shippers to see where you're coming from, and it makes you look weird... And I wish the show had worked more on their personalities. I mean, it's hard for others to relate when they can't possibly see the characters the way you do. They come off rather flat and stereotypical to the average observer.

That describes it perfectly. I mean even younger kids shows like Arthur have tried to deal with the issue at times (and that's a lower targeted age group). Saying you pair characters from a "cartoon" might make someone think your weird, which is why I do most my talking about it here. * sigh * Not that I didn't used to think the same about this show a long time ago myself so know why they would think that. But sometimes when things are just so blatant I wonder how they can ignore it if they don't even have an explanation for it, that's what converted me anyway.

Another Princess Misty/Prince Ash fanart. o_o I'm seeing a ton of these lately.

http://i31.*******.com/rkmu5s.jpg

Yeah, I've seen it too.This one is good. Though I remember one where the mermaid was topless so to speak.

Hi guys did some fanart

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/Satdgodgkasumi.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/satoshidgkasu.jpg

Recognize Misty's outfit Funny people keep doing her as the mermaid with hero Ash.

That's pretty good, especially when computer programs can harder to draw on. I tend to prefer drawing it on paper so I give you a lot credit.

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Hi guys did some fanart

[IMG139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/Satdgodgkasumi.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/satoshidgkasu.jpg[/IMG139]

Recognize Misty's outfit Funny people keep doing her as the mermaid with hero Ash. Also did a Contestshipping one like this see it at their thread.

I remember doing this last year: (I think I've improve some)
http://melody1989.deviantart.com/art/Ash-and-Misty-1st-Date-58540335
I should update with those pic on this site soon, Also Moogly I'll be working on fanart for your fic next.

Sweet! :D Your fan art is wonderful Mel. ^_^ (Glomps) I can't wait to see the work you'll do for my fic. :D

As for this topic:

Tough question....i'd love to see a lot of buildup and hints going between them, but i'd also love to see them together after all of that....hmmmmmm...that is something that i've yet to wonder about..

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
But sometimes when things are just so blatant I wonder how they can ignore it if they don't even have an explanation for it, that's what converted me anyway.

Oh, it's not that I think anyone would deny it, it's just like "So why do you care?" The characters on Pokemon are seen as flat and stereotypical, not the kind that you get deeply involved with. Heh, it was funny, though, because I ended up telling two of my best friends about Pokeshipping after they discussed their favorite Digimon ships. They're not obsessive like me, though.

Yoshi-kun said:
Yes I still come here! Honestly I have no intentions of just ditching this place out of laziness. Actually it's because I had more computer issues and finally just got them fixed, hopefully this time it'll stay fixed since ended up getting another one that has turned out not to be evil. >>

For anyone who's sent me anything during the hiatus I responded.

Ah, welcome back Yoshi-kun! :D

There's all kind of shippers, though. I think after meeting so many of them my mind opened up a lot about imagination and the power of opinion. But, that's getting too broad of the subject. I think I went too techincal now. .___.;

I don't know when you posted this, but I'm going to reply to this anyway! xD

Okay, wow, flaming of any kind just annoys the hell out of me. -_-;; I generally have no patience for it either, I mean, I try not to be a mean person around the forums, But if anyone flames any ship (mostly if I support it XD) I will get so PO'ed! hah, and I'm not a good person to be around once I get PO'ed XD

(I like that word too)

Yes! Abuse the usage of that word tooo! lol XD

such adorable fanart! *saves*

Chelc

Welcome back, Yoshi!

A lot of hints over the rest of the series and them not being confirmed as a couple. The second option is what I'm afraid of most. The times Misty has showed up...she barely interacts with him at all. It'd be really weird if there was like a totally huge, random hint the next time she showed up because of their lack of interaction. :/ So yeah. I'd rather them not be confirmed as a couple instead of them all of a sudden get together.

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
WTF Chelc! =< How could you not show them to me?! ;;!! @ Teppo and other sites' fanarts.

But I especially love the mermaid one. XDD Kasu-chan is so pretty in there. ;;

And I might as well answer this. (=

This is a rather difficult question. Oo;; Well, I really didn't like how Digimon did it with Matt/Sora - to me, it was really *WHAM* and *BOOM* - so I guess I'm going with the first option? XD; When I think about it, I think I'll be more satisfied with me gushing over the hints regardless of the fact that the writers might have something else planned.

Whoo~ It's been a long time since I posted at the PS thread. :x

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Kiori?! Is it really you? Wow, you really have been gone a long time. You even got nominated for "Most Missed" in the shippers' community awards. Good to have you back!

Anyway... I thought this would be interesting- I looked up the kanji for Satoshi and Kasumi:

[IMG200]http://www.saiga-jp.com/dic/img/enlarge/e699ba.gif[/IMG200]

This is "Satoshi." It means wise, clever, sharp, intelligent... That's a little ironic. Well, I guess you could say that Ash is wise, in a way, but sharp? Anyway, I'm not absolutely sure that this is the one that would be used. It could be broken up into different kanji... and there is another one for "satoshi," but it means about the same thing.

[IMG200]http://www.saiga-jp.com/dic/img/enlarge/e99c9e.gif[/IMG200]

And I'm sure this is the kanji used for Kasumi. It means mist or haze (it has the radical for rain in it). Misty's name translates pretty directly.

Here's a link to the site I used: http://www.saiga-jp.com/kanji_dictionary.html

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
Kiori?! Is it really you? Wow, you really have been gone a long time. You even got nominated for "Most Missed" in the shippers' community awards. Good to have you back!

XD; I'm back rather temporarily. =x Nevertheless, I'm still a PSer (and CSer) at heart. <3

Maybe the "sharp"-ness could be for Pokemon? He may be sharp in that but still dense when it comes to romance? It's a possibility. XDDD

And I still like to think there's a "connection" between the metaphorical meaning behind Kasu-chan's name and her own personality.

Though, it kind of makes me wonder; if they ever become a couple and have a child, I wonder what kind of characteristics he/she gets from Ash and Misty. :x

misty_ketchum

Pokeshiper
Hi I'm new here...

and my answer in this question:

is:

I choose the first choice...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.