• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeshipping General Discussion: US > YOU 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
I would actually love to see Ash and Misty fight like Street Fighter, Moogleborg. It would be great! :D

Ash: Pink Fog of Denseness! HA!
Misty: Hammering Mallet of Consciousness! HOO-HA!

They could also have special assistants during the battle. Ash could have Macey using Jealousy Rage to weaken Misty's HP and Misty could have Tracey using Orange King to daze Ash temporarily.

XD! Hilarious idea! ^^ I sometimes imagine having Ash fight with a blend of Ryu, Guile and Dudleys techniques while Misty fights with a blend of Sakura, Chun-Li and Cammys techniques. ^^ Plus, Ash sometimes has Pikachu join in with his own version of the Deijin Hadouken. ^^ Still haven't found a name for it though. ^^

Ash: HADOUKEN!!
Misty: CANNON SPIKE!!

Anyway, an idea I still think good is for Ash and Misty to replace Solana and Lunick as pokerangers. Pokerangershipping. Awesome. :D

Hey, that'd be pretty cool! :D I wonder what Ash and Misty would be if they were Pokemon Rangers though...

As for Ash bieng seduced by Misty....probably would be a interesting idea, but only if they were Team Rockets age....although it almost would make me think of a combination of Ashs first reaction of seeing Misty in a bikini as well as that little vid that Swiftee posted a while ago! XD!!

But at their current age, maybe not....hopefully someone needs to teach Ash some tips of love, or else i'll probably leap in there and help him! ^_~ XD!!

Misty seducing Ash...pretty much out of character...

Not just out of character, way UNpokeshippy!
What would be pokeshippy is if Misty got the female Pikachu with a heart-shaped tail. Pokeshippy, and Misty gains a strong pokemon. Everyone wins!

Water Spirit

~*Animus Aquae*~
I'm shocked. Guess I arrived too late to post an inspired essay. And how come I'm not on the Fanlist? XD

Well, Pokeshippers, eat your hearts out:

The Final Curtain Call...

I'm old now compared to when I first came here. I've soon to finish my first term at University and I've grown up even more than the maturity you saw in me before. My perspectives have changed. My eyes are more accustomed to the shocks and suprises of life. Even my writing style and critical views have changed in a very short space of time (I also now proof-read my work *shock-horror*). I won't deny it, a lot more has happened in my realistic life that has taken over my time to spend as much time on Serebii as I have done in the past. However, I have roots here that I started and I don't plan to abandon them.

My first expressions and opinions of the 'relationship' between Ash and Misty originated here. I brought my voice to this forum and to this thread; to defend a ship that many still believe in. So why do I still believe in it? Am I just a dreamer of fairy-tale romances? Am I too wound up in the past to let go? For the first point - maybe. Who doesn't want a fairy-tale romance? The world's too much of a depressing place at the best of times to not shine a little fantasy into people's lives. But then again, some people find their fairy-tale romances. They might struggle to get there but still, they're happy. And isn't that what really matters? Making the world a happier place? Does a 'normal' (without going too deep into the meaning of 'normal') person take delight in seeing someone cry? Do we take pleasure in sorrow and disappointment? No, quite frankly. As for the second point, unlikely. I'm quite capable of detaching myself from the past but in fairness, the past is what has made us into who we are.

So what has this got to do with Ash and Misty? Good question. I'm referring to the writers' intentions in the plot that they have laid out for us. In the beginning, there is just too much evidence to NOT support a romance between the young pair. We've had implied confessions, blushing whilst denying, the classic moment of truth from Pokemon 2000, the final episode for Misty and her realisation of, what I believe now, was her understanding that Ash didn't share her feelings, if he did indeed have any for her. Perhaps that may seem a crushing blow for Pokeshippers but unfortunately, the truth does sometimes hurt. But that's not to say that nothing hopeful can come from the truth. In fact, quite the contrary.

The writers needed a new face for the female audience - someone with purpose that would spark originality and interest to up the viewings. Hats off to them, they succeeded at the sacrifice of Misty. We now have two new leads and it looks like Misty won't be back as a main character for the show. Understandable in my opinion but don't get me wrong, I would love to see Misty return as a permanent figure but it would lose the edge that the writers have created by introducing new faces. However, there is one way to bring Misty back to the show for a permanent role, though inevitably, this would lead to the end of Pokemon.

I'm talking about rekindling the spark that was originally placed between Ash and Misty - placing a romance between two friends who have practically grown up together but parted by separate ways and finally meet up again near the end of their journeys (i.e. the end of the show). How many times has this happened in history? Destined lovers separated and then years later, they meet up and get together? "Sailor Moon" for an anime example, "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Robin Hood" (yes, if you've read the book they grew up together), for an older audience, "Bambi", "Sleeping Beauty", and "The Lion King", for the Disney fans; are all examples of how this formula has produced successful romances between characters. This seems the only plausible and effective way to accomplish this without destroying the show and the personalities of the characters.

Unfortunately, Pokemon has never been too serious on the romantic spectrum. It's always been comic romance or harmless kiddy flirtation. But wouldn't it be interesting for the writers to take the romance to the peak in the finale of the show? I don't seem the harm in it, so long as they keep the characters in check. Currently, in the series, I believe they want to keep their focus on Dawn and Ash's progress. She seems to have a much more popular audience than May and brings some femininity to the show that seems to have been a success. But are females not associated with romance? Perhaps, by attracting more of a female audience they can finally pursue some of the romantic ties that are left open.

Please don't accuse me of being sexist but it is a fact that Pokemon was originally designed for boys and the fact that Misty was a tomboy says it all. The games originally were only with a male character until Crystal, when the option to choose a gender was introduced. This was also reflected in the anime, with the writers realising that their female viewers had increased and most likely, increased the amount of flirtation between Ash and Misty during the Orange League and moments in Johto. Misty also became more feminine but the writers were restricted with what they could do with her character and thus, had to introduce a new female role that their newer audience could relate to.

My knowledge of the new season is very limited, though I do believe that Dawn's character promotes a great amount of romantic idealism that perhaps the writers are experiementing with for future plans to actually pursue some of the previous romances (i.e. Ash and Misty).

Indeed, some Pokeshippers may be disheartened by the lack of Misty's appearance on the show. She didn't show up to wish Ash good luck for the new region, though symbolically left him a present and no one has seen her since. Personally, I find this quite interesting. By no means are the writers intending for viewers to forget about Misty, that is clearly apparent through her appearances in the titles and her gifts to Ash. She's still a part of Ash's life, as the titles portray but at the moment, it's as if she's completely disappeared.

Although it seems unlikely that the writers are trying to erase Ash's life in Pallet and Kanto from the viewers' minds, it might be possible that the Sinnoh region may be the last adventures of Pokemon. There are already rumours, so it is possible (but do not quote me on this, I have said RUMOURS and POSSIBLE - therefore, it is still ambiguous). However, if we were to believe this and to follow my theory of introducing Misty back at the finale of Pokemon, it could be that the writers are going to make subtle changes to Misty's character and appearance that can be excused because of her long absence. She might become older with greater (yet subtle) attractiveness/sex appeal, whatever you want to call it. Her personality might also soften but undoubtably, her teasing of Ash will still remain. The writers might even make Ash's reaction seem in awe when Misty appears again, presumably to cheer him on in the League Championship. That's where the romance will start. By finally having a subtle reaction from Ash. He's matured. He's been away from Misty and his hormones have finally kicked in.

Has he shown any romantic interest in anyone else and pursued it? No. Is it clear that he's matured since the last time he was with Misty? Yes. He's not a kid anymore. He's beginning to reach Brock's age when he first met him and we know what Brock's hormones are like. Ash's interests have always been on Pokemon and that has partly to blame with the show originally being designed for boys. He portrayed the typical boy of his age - 'ewww' to girls and interested in what all the other kids were doing. He's finally beginning to grow out of that now. Of course, he'll always be interested in Pokemon but we're seeing more of a brotherly aid appear in him towards Dawn, which is already the beginning of his expansion and maturity as an individual. The show now has a wide female audience - they want to see some romance. It's kept the original boyish tone but to up it's flare, Pokemon has now combined both the sexes to make it more popular.

I truly believe that, if the writers are going to be faithful to their original plots, that Misty and Ash will at least show some romantic interest in each other at the close of the show.

Opinions and comments greatly appreciated. Hope it rekindles some faiths.

Unless the writers decide to have a comic moment with Misty appearing in a flowing dress with emphatic clevage and Ash is staring in awe... (ADULT HUMOUR - You've been warned)

[SPOIL]Misty: What's wrong, Ash? I thought you'd be happy to see me!
Ash: ... You're...
Misty: ?
Ash: ...Your...
Misty: ??? What's wrong?
Ash: You're a girl!
Misty: *looks annoyed*
Ash: And you've got boobs!
Misty: *smacks him over the head with a mallet* YOU'RE AS CRAZY AS THAT KANGASKAN KID!!![/SPOIL]

Right, I'm off to carry on with my essay.

Take care

WS
XxX

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Such a rare appearance, your comments are greatly appreciated :)

So why do I still believe in it? Am I just a dreamer of fairy-tale romances? Am I too wound up in the past to let go? For the first point - maybe. Who doesn't want a fairy-tale romance? The world's too much of a depressing place at the best of times to not shine a little fantasy into people's lives.

Truth enough, exactly what has been in my sig since the day my account has been created : we need to dream. In any way, if we can escape from life and everything that's not perfect in it (and many of it is far from perfect) then romance and shipping is a way out of it. That's one way to be happier, it works for me...

Understandable in my opinion but don't get me wrong, I would love to see Misty return as a permanent figure but it would lose the edge that the writers have created by introducing new faces. However, there is one way to bring Misty back to the show for a permanent role, though inevitably, this would lead to the end of Pokemon.

Yes, this has been "debated" several times among ourselves, a likely Misty appearence would mean the end of the series, but not the plot. Not by a long shot.

Just take for example what happened to the Star Wars fandom (first thing that came to mind). Movies and animated series ended with the sixth movie in it's timeline (the third one made) yet still today, comics and novels continue the plot on and on, up to a hundred years after the end of the series.
So what's to stop this from happenning to the Pokémon saga ? Granted, the ways of continuing the timeline would be limited, since I don't believe pokémon would suit in a novel, and manga is already published, but it's still an opening, a possibility. Her return would not mean the end of Pokémon, just the anime.

Unfortunately, Pokemon has never been too serious on the romantic spectrum.

Yes, for it was a kids show at it's premiere. But what about those kids who watched it nearly ten years ago ? This reason alone could make them bring a gradual romantic theme to the saga.

Please don't accuse me of being sexist but it is a fact that Pokemon was originally designed for boys and the fact that Misty was a tomboy says it all.

Touché.
I have never, ever thought of that, and yet...you're right. Nothing to say except you're right.

By no means are the writers intending for viewers to forget about Misty, that is clearly apparent through her appearances in the titles and her gifts to Ash. She's still a part of Ash's life, as the titles portray but at the moment, it's as if she's completely disappeared.

That's, in my opinion, a requirement for sales and popularity of the franchise, mostly what the anime does best --> support the games.
The (young) viewers need to be completely focused on the story currently unfolding. Constantly talking about some forgotten character from five seasons ago (srcasm/cynical) wouldn't boost the current generation as much as it could, that's why they have to keep reminiscence of the old characters to a strict minimum. As you put it,
it seems unlikely that the writers are trying to erase Ash's life in Pallet and Kanto from the viewers' minds
that's just for us who knows what Pallet and Kanto is, as the young kids who begin watching now (we all have to start someday) have no idea of who Ash is, or what he's done.

Has he shown any romantic interest in anyone else and pursued it? No. Is it clear that he's matured since the last time he was with Misty? Yes.

er...I'd debate on that second point, because of lack of examples in my mind supporting that statement.
If anything, he hasn't grown :/ (that, I have some episodes in mind...quite a few actually.)
So you'd have to tell me how he's matured, if you're talking about his romantic life after all ! You might be talking about his personality...then again, nothing much has changed -_-

He portrayed the typical boy of his age - 'ewww' to girls and interested in what all the other kids were doing.

Show him a picture of Giselle for the first time, we'll see what happens :rolleyes:

The show now has a wide female audience - they want to see some romance.

Oh no no no...
Not just the female audience.
Every single person seeking relief from this cruel world (to point back the beginning of your text) wants to see, wants to feel some romance.

I truly believe that, if the writers are going to be faithful to their original plots, that Misty and Ash will at least show some romantic interest in each other at the close of the show.

That's why you're still posting here, ne ? :)

Opinions and comments greatly appreciated. Hope it rekindles some faiths.

Well we share the same ideas basicly, just I felt you tried to generalise a bit your opinions, as I said a few times...and Faith was never in doubt ;)

in closing ; lol at the short skit :D
Something we'd need at the end :rolleyes:

And I was really glad to see you here again, hope we see you sometime soon !

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Great post Water Spirit! I remember you from years ago in this forum (when I had another nickname).

About Ash maturity...in aspects of his general person and in the more specific aspect of love...

In the romance sector he has shown some sort of maturity. He no longer sees girl as "ewww", which he may have done in s1 - 5. But on the other hand the opposite thing has been just as forgotten. TR (TR for heavens sake!) tried to tell him about romance. If TR is teaching him something is really strange or unfamiliar to him. I can accept that May and Misty did that under special conditions (the eps that focused on love) but never TR. When they had to do it I sort of thought OMG, is he ever gonna learn? But as I have stated in many posts, he do know what a beautiful girl is OR what might be love.

He don’t grasp the concept of love when applied to him (he never showed any signs of understanding Anabel’s feelings for him, but on the other hand she never was all out clear on that herself) but he sometimes grasp the general idea of love. Remember the ep with Lombre and some character of the days Pokemon who was in some sort of love triangle with Corpish. He said something about never going out of his way for a girl. That means that he does have some thoughts about what to do or not to do when it comes to girls. Because if you have an idea of what NOT to do, then you must have an idea of WHAT to do. If I say "I would never do that" I must follow with "however I would do that" [about the thing in question].

So in my opinion Ash can be ready for knowing about the concept of love targeted at him when:

a) He gets interested in a girl, preferable the character of the day.
b) Understand that and why a girl can like him, and why person A can like person B in general. What is required for liking and loving. He must see beyond Brocks antics over Jenny and Joy and 1000 other girls.
c) When the series chooses to portrait him with a life after the end of the show. Because then they have no restrictions about keeping the show in touch with the next saga. That is why an end to the show could be favourable for any of the three major shipping fandom’s (or minor for that sake), the writers of the show will then have more freedom of what to do with the characters.

And then short about his maturity in general… IMO he does have matured a lot since both Misty left the main group and since she last saw him (the start of BF). Just look about his interactions with… Max. Ash grow up as an only child, entered the world of Pokemon with friends how both were older than him. Understandable he becomes the student, and of course Misty and Brock knew more than him. He didn’t need to know more than them. But with the addition of Max he got more of a brother AND a friend and not just a friend as with May. May he could teach about Pokemon in general, but not about how to be the older one, because she already know about that being the big sister. Max needed an older male character to learn him about important stuff but also being an older male in general. Max could look up to Ash and in counter of that Ash could give out brotherly advices and learn to himself about being older and have responsibilities to someone younger.

And what has Max with PS and Misty to do, a lot I would say. At least indirect. One of the things Misty can pin-point about him is his maturity. And when she sees how he is with a younger person, how he acts as a role model she will see not just that he has changed since his own student days but also what has changed. But also that he in many ways are the same person at heart, the selfless, caring, interesting and funny person she knew. That while he grows in many ways his heart is the same. I think of Pokemon training as some sort of sport, it’s easy to be cynical about it after some years. But Ash is at the same time older and wiser but also the same boy she first met, and seeing catching his very first Pokemon. I think she could say the same thing today; I have never met/seen anyone like him (or how it was, quoted out of my head). And while it not means the exact same thing (his joy about catching a Pokemon) it means the same thing symbolically (about his personality and his joy for Pokemon and the world in general). And because that is what she first liked about him that will still remain to this day. Because he is still that boy, older and more mature but not different in heart.

And that is why I see Pokeshipping as a thing that can’t get old, because even if the characters are not together on daily basis they both grown up more and learn more and is therefore ready for each other when THE day come.

Ash is top 8 in 2 Leagues, Champion of OL and Champion of the Battle Frontier and a could be Frontier Brain, but what is most important to Misty is not his skills as a trainer but his persona. That is why I see a match between them somewhat meaningless, Ash would probably win and Misty could see his skills as a trainer but the pure fact that he is a Frontier Champion is evidence enough of his training skills. The most important thing in their friendship is their personality, that the things they first became friends for is still there.

Okey... there you all have my ideas about PS and the importance of time and changes and what that means to our beloved ship. My analysis is up to s9. We still have to see how he reacts to Dawn in the long run (even if she seems to learn a lot from him already) and how he is when Misty meets Dawn and Brock and Ash together. That is why Mistys cameos is so very important, because it shows her from time to time how Ash changes but also what is not changing. She needs to see Ash changing over the time but also that he still is the boy she met while fishing (the catch of her life!).

Last edited:

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Oh my gosh, Water Spirit! I definitely remember you. It’s great you’re back after three months.

Water Spirit said:
the final episode for Misty and her realisation of, what I believe now, was her understanding that Ash didn't share her feelings, if he did indeed have any for her. Perhaps that may seem a crushing blow for Pokeshippers but unfortunately, the truth does sometimes hurt. But that's not to say that nothing hopeful can come from the truth. In fact, quite the contrary.

I think the thing was, Ash was attracted to her, but he didn’t notice it and thus didn’t like her. But problem I have, is that the above argument is often used to prove Orangeshipping. I just don’t see it.

Unfortunately, Pokemon has never been too serious on the romantic spectrum. It's always been comic romance or harmless kiddy flirtation. But wouldn't it be interesting for the writers to take the romance to the peak in the finale of the show? I don't seem the harm in it, so long as they keep the characters in check

Your right, but they can give some resolution to ships before the end of the show, like Contestshipping.

Currently, in the series, I believe they want to keep their focus on Dawn and Ash's progress. She seems to have a much more popular audience than May and brings some femininity to the show that seems to have been a success

The blunt truth to be honest, is that writers see them at times as no more than token girls meant advertise stuff. I’m not kidding, May’s ability to advertise RS was more important than Misty’s story line. May had a quest and was the heroine of AG, but none of that mattered when Dawn could be used to promote DP. And Dawn will probably get kicked off the show in favor of the fifth gen protagonist, because the they can advertise the new gen better than she can, and she would be taking screen time away from them. sigh It really sounds depressing, but that doesn’t mean there’s no hope for Misty, just that she probably won’t be a main character again.

My knowledge of the new season is very limited, though I do believe that Dawn's character promotes a great amount of romantic idealism that perhaps the writers are experiementing with for future plans to actually pursue some of the previous romances (i.e. Ash and Misty).

I don’t know, Dawn doesn’t seem to have the flare for romance that Misty and May did. To be truthful DP isn’t that much different from Johto shipping wise right now. That’s why Dawn’s ships are so chaotic, with Penguinshipping probably being closer to canon, just barely because Kenny blushed. Cavaliershipping has almost just as much a chance because Dawn fangirled Gary. Ikarishippiers have the moment where she yelled at Shinji for forgetting her name. Pearlshipping biggest moment was her and Ash giving a High Five. And there’s Appealshipping where Dawn could be with Zoey because she looks butch and did Dawn’s hair. You see Dawn hasn’t really done much in the romance department, because most of that stuff isn’t canon shipping. Not in the sense of it standing up in a ship debate. She really hasn’t done anything to help other romances either, except for Lagomorphshipping which she commented on, but didn’t do anything to help Buneary or Pikachu out. To me Dawn is a princess who is trying to stop being in her mother’s shadow and live up to her mother’s expectations at the same time. She seems to think only of contests, and pretty dresses, and her hair. Dawn doesn’t seem to be the romantic daydreamer Misty was, or want to squeal over love stories the May did. Dawn might just be the type who would look at the fairy tale and enjoy the fact the girl became a princess and not so much the prince. She would be glad she got the prince because that is what she wanted, not so much that they deserved each other. But then again there have only been 55 episodes of DP, so the writers could reveal more about her. But Misty and May had been more romantic in their first 55 episodes.

Indeed, some Pokeshippers may be disheartened by the lack of Misty's appearance on the show. She didn't show up to wish Ash good luck for the new region, though symbolically left him a present and no one has seen her since. Personally, I find this quite interesting. By no means are the writers intending for viewers to forget about Misty, that is clearly apparent through her appearances in the titles and her gifts to Ash. She's still a part of Ash's life, as the titles portray but at the moment, it's as if she's completely disappeared.

But least she‘s being acknowledged, look at what happened to May, she was humiliated, the writers abandoned her quest, and now thanks to Dawn in the minds of the writers she no longer exists. >>

Although it seems unlikely that the writers are trying to erase Ash's life in Pallet and Kanto from the viewers' minds, it might be possible that the Sinnoh region may be the last adventures of Pokemon. There are already rumours, so it is possible (but do not quote me on this, I have said RUMOURS and POSSIBLE - therefore, it is still ambiguous).

Those rumors stemmed from the debut of the Elite Four. The fact that Lucian said Ash could battle him after he won the league and it was finally explained that after you win a league you take on the Elite Four and the champion. That is what was thought when the episode first aired in Japan, but since then we learned a lot more. Apparently even if Ash defeats the Elite Four and the Champion Shirona, he can not become Champion of Shinou because he’s from Kanto. To become Champion he would have to go back to Kanto and win the Indigo League and defeat the Elite Four and the Champion there. And then there’s the Champions League or something after that. Boy Lucian is talkative guy isn’t he? And Ash has plenty to do, so much for the days when all he had to do was win a league. But maybe we’ll see Misty again when he goes back to Kanto, because he doesn’t have a choice if he wants to compete in the Champions League.

I agree.

LOL at the bottom, I agree with most of what you said. I was just pointing stuff out. That was a wonderfully inspired essay Water Spirit.

Corzola I understand the fact that Misty will see that’s he matured would probably help show her that Ash is ready and not as immature, so he could handle things better and it would probably help their relationship. But Ash needs help specifically in the romance department, because he hasn’t really matured there at all. People mention Giselle, but that was also the same episode they mentioned levels in the anime. Ash hasn’t shown attraction to any other girl other than Misty. So I kind of like your COTD romance idea, so Ash could learn something. The only problem is that people would use it as evidence to debunk Pokeshipping even if that’s not the writers intention at all. But I really enjoyed reading your thoughts.

About Giselle my thoughts are that‘s an aspect of Ash’s personality the writers forgot long ago. Most of the signs that he liked or mentioned girls as pretty were from really early Kanto. The only things that came after that involved Misty. So I that’s why I said he needs help. He went from blushing over Giselle’s picture to freaking out about Macey.

Hakajin said:
Yeah, I completely agree with everything you just said, Yoshi-kun. Except for the part about Misty's Song being OoC. I mean, I can't see her ever actually saying anything like that, but as an internal thought process, I think it works.

Maybe as thought process, it’s just I don’t like that song, but I understand what your saying.

As for Misty trying to seduce Ash, I always hate that. Well, except for in "The Bet" by Toto, where Misty has a book called "How to Seduce a Complete Idiot" or something. It's pretty hilarious...

I know that fic, it’s really funny. She was desperate just trying to get Ash to notice her. And that’s okay.

Corzola said:
Misty seducing Ash...pretty much out of character...

Moogleborg said:
As for Ash bieng seduced by Misty....probably would be a interesting idea, but only if they were Team Rockets age....although it almost would make me think of a combination of Ashs first reaction of seeing Misty in a bikini as well as that little vid that Swiftee posted a while ago! XD!!

But at their current age, maybe not....hopefully someone needs to teach Ash some tips of love, or else i'll probably leap in there and help him! ^_~ XD!!

tru blu127 said:
Not just out of character, way UNpokeshippy!

Thanks for your thoughts guys, I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that way. I had just clicked on a fic the night before, that had Misty walk into Ash’s room in the Pokemon Centre, strip her clothes, and jump him. Not that I haven’t seen stuff like that lots of times before, but it always annoys me so I felt like going on a rant.

I'll get back to that review sometime soon. Don't worry, I really, really appreciate long ones, so I don't mind at all. It just may take me a little while to get to get to it. Now you just have to read Love Com! Lol, just kidding. Sorta...

Thank you ^ ^

Last edited:

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
*bows* Good way to first enter the new PS thread WS! This is my first post here too so watch me try to top it! XD

Topics

Would you like to see Ash and Misty compete against each other in a contest battle?

Yes! We know Misty won their water pokemon tourament battle but I wonder who would win this one.

How do you see the others reacting if something ever happens between them?
Personality I like them to be alone. But this I've wondered about. If Tracey was there he wouldn't be surprised Brock doesn't get the concept of love so he'll be shock and depressed that he didn't see it coming, If the girls aren't in love with Ash then they'll be in aww.

I accepted the thought of a 5th generation but I do wonder how the anime going to last as long as the games. I also do think Ash and Misty will still get something in the end. Yet I think another something will happen with them sooner, Ash hasn't been kiss in a long time and I think the writer realizes that it won't matter when it happens because in the end they are not going to make ANY Ash ships canon so everybody can be happy and believe what they want. I mean how many characters do you think he'll be pair with by the time the show ends? So for example if Misty kisses Ash it will be like before Ash won't kiss back or confess either will Misty maybe another wink. Leaving Ash still single and available (YAY for Ash fan girls! lol) and able to be paired with other girls or boys. Also Alfonso once say because Yugioh didn’t have and shippy ending Pokemon wouldn’t either but Yugioh was aim at boys.

EDIT: almost forgot

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/Imagmnebmn1.jpg

If you want the individual pics in it say so.

GOOOOOOO Pokeshipping!!!

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Please don't accuse me of being sexist but it is a fact that Pokemon was originally designed for boys and the fact that Misty was a tomboy says it all. The games originally were only with a male character until Crystal, when the option to choose a gender was introduced. This was also reflected in the anime, with the writers realising that their female viewers had increased and most likely, increased the amount of flirtation between Ash and Misty during the Orange League and moments in Johto. Misty also became more feminine but the writers were restricted with what they could do with her character and thus, had to introduce a new female role that their newer audience could relate to.

I never thought of that. Very observant of you, WS. I liked your essay, it was reasonable and unbiased. I too, think that the writers are going to stick to the original ship. At the very least, I don't think Ash will end up with anyone else. Romantic sub-plots are good for ratings, yet they haven't done any for Ash other than Pokeshipping. If they were going to, I think they would have already done it with May and/or Dawn. I mean, Advanceshipping would have been so much easier to do than Contestshipping, but they stuck with Contestshipping. That's a good sign. Plus, we still get mentions of Misty occassionally, which is also a good sign. I think that the end will be either Pokeshippy or ambiguous, like Melody said.

Misty's Sisters: Teases Misty at first, but learns to accept Ash.
Tracey: Will LOOOOVE it
Brock: See Tracey
Delia: Tears of Joy
May/Dawn: hAPPY

g-GREAT to see some people from the old thread!

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Melody! :D (Glomps) ^__^ Its great to see you here! :D

I think most of Ash and Mistys close friends, as well as rivals, such as Delila, Brock, Prof. Oak, Gary, Daisy and the sensational sisters, and many more of Ash and Mistys friends will be extremely happy to see them...especially those who have helped Ash and Misty become more closer. ^^ Just put Ash and Misty in a arena to either fight together or against each other and see the love come by with cheers, confetti coming out in celebration! ^_^

I think that just lead us to a new topic.

In a possible A & M reunion, who would you like to be there?

I'd say Brock, Tracey, May, Max and Drew.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Back from Thanksgiving and I had problems Logging In. So anyway, Hakajin, I finally got the time to find Love Com. I haven’t been ignoring you, sorry if it looked like I did. ^ ^;;; I wanted to read it before I said anything, and it was a nightmare trying to find scans. So I finally went to VIZ and was able to read it online. Is there anywhere you can read scans online? I’ve been reading other manga’s online through Photobucket, groups, and fansites, because my current IE and ISP are really crappy and I can’t download things long enough like manga’s( I’m currently trying to fix this mess). If you know of anywhere can you PM me? Enough about me though, from what I read it really is a lot like Pokeshipping, even the height difference thing.O.O And it was really funny too, they were going to fight in the classroom. Well I’ve only got read most of chapter one, but it looks pretty good. Thanks for recommending it. ^ ^

Brock: How did Ash get a girl to like him before me!crys out to the heavens

Well that’s that the first thing I thought of when I read this topic. Tracey would be all, “I knew it!”. May would start squealing and say things like “Oh my gosh, that”s so adorable” or “They belong together”. Max would be all “Bwuh, Misty likes Ash? Ash likes a girl?”O.O And Team Rocket would be “aww, young love” until they remembered the bets they probably made and started fighting over the money. Because they have better to do than get involved in the twerps love lives. Delia would find some way to embarrass Ash. Somewhere (because she’s far away and couldn’t be there) Melody would sneeze. Casey would figure out that Misty was talking about Ash. Drew wouldn’t really care, except for the fact that he doesn’t have to worry about Ash since he’s interested in a girl, and the only reason he’s here is because of May. Gary just wouldn’t care and would say some remark that he’s been with plenty of older, more beautiful girls, at which point Misty might attempt to kill him.

Brock, Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, Gary, Drew, Delia, Professor Oak, Harley, and Team Rocket.

Why? Because I would like to see everybody together, and a group like that would be really interesting and have some insane chemistry.

Yes, I would DEFINITELY also want an insanely funny episode for the reunion. I'm not sure I'd want Harley there, though. Brr.

A crazily hilarious reunion/party thing with everyone (except Harley) would be great. as long as there would be an Ash+Misty only moment there.

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Hmmm....posts seem to be lacking these days....on well, sadly i've been looking for a new job, and hopefully i'll be working at a pizza place eventually! ^_^ However, speaking of jobs, i'd like to go through with this new topic:

What would be an ideal job for Ash and Misty to do together?

Just a curious one....like cooks, superheroes, crime fighters, Pokemon Rangers? ^^ Well, which ones? ^_^

Ash: As long as it keeps us fed.....
Misty: Yeah....well there is still doing some performances with me Ash. ^_~
Ash: As long as i'm the prince, ok?
Misty: Ok! ^_~ Hee hee hee...

Hmmm, hard question.

Pokemon Ranger
Yes, Misty COULD be a Hmmm, hard question.ranger, but ASH? Rangers need to be patient!

Actor/Actress
Misty could continue her mermaid act, but what would Ash do?

Coordinator
Misty: "Ash, lets become coordinators! It's fun, and graceful and-"
Ash: "NO! I wanna battle!!!"

Therefore,
I think it's better if the 2 had seperate "jobs."
We've seen what happens when they do something (apart from battles) together.

Razor Raven

Darkness, guide me
Tracey would grin in triumph, Delia would be happy that her baby found that "special somone" and Brock would be stunned. Namely because he traveled with them for years and never had a clue xp

Hmm, how about joining the Pokemon G-Men? Like with Lance, it wouldn't interfere that much with their other position...(assuming of course, that Misty joins the Elite 4 and Ash succeeds in his dream...)

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day

I want to see Ash and Misty do one of those "Dirty Jobs". Nothing says commitment quite like Ash and Misty working together to clean sewage backup from a basement.

Actor/Actress
Misty could continue her mermaid act, but what would Ash do?

Oh, that is easy. Just have Ash tell a certain fellow to take the night off and have Ash fill in as the prince.

Last edited:
Brock would be stunned. Namely because he traveled with them for years and never had a clue xp

I wouldn't be surprised if he got stunned either, but I think that he knew what was going on between Ash and Misty.

Yeah, the thread IS getting quite slow. No SPAM, but less fun.

adrenaline

sensible hearts
So many topics...I'll begin.

Probably in shock. Almost nothing romantic happens on the show no less something involving Ash and Misty. I'd expect a lot of "awww"s but mostly shock.

Something funny would include being chefs together. As we all know Misty is a "brilliant" cook and Ash could be the test rat. ^^ On a serious note, I could see them doing Pokemon research together, taking over Professor Oak's place when he retires or something. Misty could do Water Pokemon stuff and Ash could just get in the way. :D

hopefully they'll be alone, then some interesting devopments might ensue. ;)

Melody93

<--Yay New me!

hopefully they'll be alone, then some interesting devopments might ensue. ;)

Problem is A&M were already alone in the mastermind special aka last time we saw Misty. However it will be 3 1/2 years until then with the rate sinnoh is going.

Somebody say or do something to brighten my spirit about pokeshipping?!

Sorry best I could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.