• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeshipping general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
So the Pokeshipping thread is closing? I think it is a wise choice, given what other people have said. While Pokeshipping is great and I am proud to be a part of it, what more can we possibly do? While the spirit of Pokeshipping will go on, for all practical purposes it is done. With Misty gone and Ash being Ash, this shipping simply isn't what it is used to be. If Chelc and the other mods think it is the best course of action to close a thread that has lasted over 1,100 pages, then that's the way it is. Before I go, there is one thing I would like to address:

The people in PUSA are notorious for removing shippy hints and replacing them with useless filler lines, but I actually did notice the change in Ash starting from around Master's Quest. I'm sure the writers care more about making money than what REAL fans care about, so when they started to think that they needed a change in the group after soo many years, they kicked Misty out right after Johto. They gave here a nice, shippy last episode, but that's another story.

tru_blu127, what are you talking about? PUSA has nothing to do with Pokeshipping, so please don't blame them. It was 4Kids who dubbed Pokemon from the first episode to the beginning of the Battle Frontier. They didn't remove shippy hints and replaced them with useless filler line. 4Kids did the exact opposite and threw shippy lines into the series. They even did a couple of shippy songs. And what is this about the writers caring more about making money than what REAL fans care about? That is such a weak arguement to make. The writers base the anime series on the videogames. After Johto came Hoenn and the writers wanted to phase out Misty so they can bring in May to tie in Ruby/Sapphire. I do agree though that GCYL was a nice, shippy departure for Misty.

Crystal Mew

Gym Leader
I think its a good idea to close this thread and start a new one because every time I come in here, its always the same discussions...which is to be expected when you have 1118 pages.

Whoever wants to read this thread is a brave soul, I'm sure it would take months to get through it all, lol

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. If the mods don't like what we discuss, then what should we do?

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
tru_blu127, the mods don't mind what we're discussing, is just that with the oneline sentence posts, topics that don't relate to Ash AND Misty and a few other things, this topic thread has gotten a bit out of topic for a long while.

Hence, why there is going to be a new Pokeshipping thread. And hopefully it shall have the treatment, respect and honor that Pokeshipping itself deserves! ^^

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I think its a good idea to close this thread and start a new one because every time I come in here, its always the same discussions...which is to be expected when you have 1118 pages.

Whoever wants to read this thread is a brave soul, I'm sure it would take months to get through it all, lol

I don´t agree with that statement, I think the most discussions is different even if they are similar to each other sometimes. And the thing is, starting up a new thread wont change that. As I stated before, new fresh topics wont appear all the sudden just because of a change of thread. And I don´t think anyone new reads through the thread start to end. :D

I think the new thread will be similar, those of us who can come up with creative topics will do so, and others wont. But the good thing with a new thread are that one can get a better overwiev of the thread. It wont be a thread with this many pages. And with a hint list (well a better one than Bulbapedia, while their "Evidence- list" is okey their "hint list" is arguable at the best, laughable at the worst) it will be more easily to come up with topics, now we must more or less remember something correctly when refering to something that happened in an episode, with a hint list we can see "ah, thats what I am thinking about!". And of course the spam will be minimal and hopefully stopped if seen.

So while I am not all for a new thread I can definitly see some good things with it. :D

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
I don´t agree with that statement, I think the most discussions is different even if they are similar to each other sometimes. And the thing is, starting up a new thread wont change that. As I stated before, new fresh topics wont appear all the sudden just because of a change of thread. And I don´t think anyone new reads through the thread start to end. :D

I think the new thread will be similar, those of us who can come up with creative topics will do so, and others wont. But the good thing with a new thread are that one can get a better overwiev of the thread. It wont be a thread with this many pages. And with a hint list (well a better one than Bulbapedia, while their "Evidence- list" is okey their "hint list" is arguable at the best, laughable at the worst) it will be more easily to come up with topics, now we must more or less remember something correctly when refering to something that happened in an episode, with a hint list we can see "ah, thats what I am thinking about!". And of course the spam will be minimal and hopefully stopped if seen.

So while I am not all for a new thread I can definitly see some good things with it. :D

I can see a lot of good things with the new Pokeshipping thread.....and with the updated hint list, lets all make sure that we all work hard together to make it as spam free as possible! ^_^

For Pokeshipping! :D ORA ORA ORA!! SHINRYUKEN!!

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
...? I wasn't expecting this thread to close, but now that I think about it...it's reasonable. I wasn't planning to post on here 'till I finished my Pokeshipping story, but it looks like I'll have to do it now, or forever hold my peace, I suppose.

I'm rather surprised that the thread has fallen apart so much since I left, but what else is to be expected after over 1100 pages? There's only so much we can talk about when there is very few new hints coming out these days.

Don't get me wrong, I still, and will always, adore Pokeshipping, it was my first pairing ever. It's sad to see the thread go like this, there were a lot of great memories. But hopefully, the new thread will give our community a fresh start, and hopefully spam-free.

I look forward to the rebirth of Pokeshipping. That is all.

Ja ne!

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Corzola said:
And I don´t think anyone new reads through the thread start to end.

I do believe you are incorrect about this. I myself have read the previous Pokeshipping thread in '04, but because it was hacked, I never got a chance to reply there until this one. Yoshi-kun also stated that he read it, so I don't blame anyone for reading through all the posts. There is a such thing as crazy Pokeshippers. ;)

shadow_shipper kindly told me about the list over at Bulbapedia, but when I looked at it, it appeared to me that there wasn't enough. Not enough description and possible discussions of smaller hints but fun little hints that I have found. There was one member who I recall by the name of Kyle who once had a Pokeshipping Hints List, but his website has closed down. o__o;

I've always wanted to make my own Pokeshipping Hints List for all the Pokeshippers. Trust me, it's a ton of fun watching old episodes and pointing out things that I don't think have come to topic here yet. So far, I have analyzed [yes, I am this crazy] the first 18 episodes with a number of 57 possible hints, not to mention exact quotes for you guys. ;D Who knows how many I'll have by the time I finish with every episode. That'll certainly give us all something to talak about. When the new thread is up, I'll be sure to keep updating the hints page daily. Where is this hint list, you ask? I have it all in my community on Live Journal, so those of you who are in the community have access for a sneak peek. ;D

I'll only have to discuss things with Chelc about the new rules of the new thread, so if any of you have questions, do feel free to post here or send me a PM. =D

Lastly, thanks, guys! Let's all try our best to make the new one a great hit. ^^

Chelc

pokeplayer864 said:
However, I feel that this is sort of the wrong thing to do. Just hear me out, okay? I don't feel that it is right that we should all suffer like this by you closing the topic.

I completely understand the need to put up more strict rules and such, but I feel that the only ones who should be punished are the ones who caused these problems. To that end, I feel that only the more strict rules should be enforced and not the closing of the thread.

I feel it would be better if you found a way to punish just the ones who caused the problems and find a way to enforce the new, more strict rules.

Closing this would be like punishing everyone, and that just isn't right to those who don't deserve it.

Now, pokeplayer, I respect you as a member and as a Pokeshipper, and I don't mean to sound rude when I say this, but I have three words for you: get over it. :p

I know that it isn't fair to some of you guys here. I know that there are a lot of great people here that do follow the rules - it just so happens that there are more rule breakers here, which yes, sucks.

God, do you guys honestly think I WANT to close this thread? Well, I don't. Do you know how many freaking infractions I give each day to members in here ALONE? How many WARNINGS I post here each week because this place is always off topic? So it's not like I'm not punishing the rule breakers, because I am. They just don't care, and you know what, I'm tired of it, hence my post warning you guys about the soon-to-come closure of this thread.

It's FINALLY getting through to you rule breakers, which is what I hoped for/planned to happen. A new thread with stricter rules and moderation will be better. I also don't see how I can enforce anything new with all of the SPAM here. The thread is too old and long and it'd be hard to look through it and everything. Yes, this is something I shouldn't mind doing with being a mod here and all, but look at this place. It's like hard to find anything in here. So...yeah. o_o; If you're able to find anything here, let me know - I'd love to know how you do.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. If the mods don't like what we discuss, then what should we do?

Exactly what Moogleborg said. Wanna know something? One of the reasons this thread is being closed is BECAUSE of you. Yes, you are one of the BIGGEST spammers in the ENTIRE Shippers Community. Seriously, I DON'T want to think of you that way, but it is true. You really need to change your ways, because I or the other Shipping Mods will not tolerate your SPAM posts any longer. If you continue to SPAM in the new thread, you will be banned from posting there immediately. So I suggest you take a good look at the forum rules before the new thread is posted - hopefully it helps you out. Or even PM me, and I'll help you with your posts, because I'd be glad to do so.

Btw, Chaos Emperor if you see this, I'd really like it if you PMed me with whatever concerns you have. I know that you hate me for all of this. I'd love to talk to you, but if you don't want to, it's okay, too - I just want to let you know that you can trust me and that I'm only doing what I feel is best for the thread. I'm sorry that you don't feel the same...

Like I said, any more questions, concerns, or opinions are welcome. I know, I'm being pretty harsh about this whole thing, but it's sadly the only way things will get through to some of you guys.

Last edited:

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
I do believe you are incorrect about this. I myself have read the previous Pokeshipping thread in '04, but because it was hacked, I never got a chance to reply there until this one. Yoshi-kun also stated that he read it, so I don't blame anyone for reading through all the posts. There is a such thing as crazy Pokeshippers. ;)

Or just crazy shippers ^ ^ I also read through most of the Contestshipping thread too.

shadow_shipper kindly told me about the list over at Bulbapedia, but when I looked at it, it appeared to me that there wasn't enough. Not enough description and possible discussions of smaller hints but fun little hints that I have found. There was one member who I recall by the name of Kyle who once had a Pokeshipping Hints List, but his website has closed down. o__o;

Kyle's site closed down? oO Ack! I know he was upset over the spam, but Dang he had all those pictures. T T

I've always wanted to make my own Pokeshipping Hints List for all the Pokeshippers. Trust me, it's a ton of fun watching old episodes and pointing out things that I don't think have come to topic here yet. So far, I have analyzed [yes, I am this crazy] the first 18 episodes with a number of 57 possible hints, not to mention exact quotes for you guys. ;D Who knows how many I'll have by the time I finish with every episode. That'll certainly give us all something to talak about. When the new thread is up, I'll be sure to keep updating the hints page daily. Where is this hint list, you ask? I have it all in my community on Live Journal, so those of you who are in the community have access for a sneak peek. ;D

I love ship debates;) and hey it'll give us something to do. :D

Oh, and MistyMix89 or Chelc I was wondering I posted some fanart earlier and is that considered spam if that’s all you post? I know put more in my post than the fanart, but I’ve seen people just post fanart and was wondering if that’s okay? I might not have time to always put more so I was curious. And the rules say it’s okay to post fanart, but the site I went to said it wasn’t okay to use them without permission, so I just posted links. If the site says that’s not okay does that mean even if you post a link to their site and give them credit; it’s not okay and you can only post links? I don’t want to get in trouble. Sorry if I’m bugging you. ^ ^;;;

Chelc

^ You aren't bugging me, don't worry. :) I'll be glad to answer any of your questions. Right now, we're discussing the new thread and rules and etc anyway, so it's fine.

I know put more in my post than the fanart, but I’ve seen people just post fanart and was wondering if that’s okay? I might not have time to always put more so I was curious. And the rules say it’s okay to post fanart, but the site I went to said it wasn’t okay to use them without permission, so I just posted links. If the site says that’s not okay does that mean even if you post a link to their site and give them credit; it’s not okay and you can only post links? I don’t want to get in trouble. Sorry if I’m bugging you. ^ ^;;;

It's alright sometimes. It if happens often, then no, it's not. Or say if it's that all a person does, then it will be considered SPAM. But yeah, whenever you post a fanart, always credit/give the link where you found it. It's also fine to post links from the site like you said, because you're crediting by giving the exact link to where you found it. Either/or is fine with me and the other Shipping Mods as well.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I do believe you are incorrect about this.

Lastly, thanks, guys! Let's all try our best to make the new one a great hit. ^^

Okey, some people do read trough it all. :)

With such a hint list, how can I argue? :) That would be awsome! I have to admitt I was wrong then, with so many [possible] hints we will have lots of things do discuss. And as you said, things we haven´t discussed will most certinly come up. And no, your not that crazy, I have done similar things (however not about PS) about the Pokemon universe. I have named it PokeSearching and whenever I say that my friends and family looks at me like...well just say they look at me. :D

Chelc: I don´t think anyone thinks you wants to close the thread. And with new rules in the new thread we wont be in this situation again.

With that said, I have changed opinion, I now belive a new thread will be better. Still not different in so many ways, we will still discuss PS and it is a limit of topics BUT better. Looking forwad to the new thread, the hint and quote- lists! :) See ya all in the new thread then! :D

Last edited:

Razor Raven

Darkness, guide me

*Raises hand*

Middle-School Pokeshipper here (A lot of people here are New-School) and I read the original Hint List on the Official Pokeshippers, headed by the original debators. So if you have no objections, and don't mind having a few weak hints tossed out, I'd like to see the list and offer my thoughts =o

I can't gaurantee I'd be right, but I used to be in contact with the experts, so I can offer an objective opinion. ^^

Believe me, the OPS actually tossed out a lot of their own hints ^_^; the reason being they were trying to make their arguements ironclad, as they had some tough debators in opposing ships

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Oh, I'm not new to Pokeshipping, trust me. xD I've spoken to a few members of the OPS before on Bulbagarden and here a few years ago.

I've read the original list as well many times, although the purpose of my list is to analyze each episode for something Pokeshippers can think about. I don't want it to have only the major hints along with the ones that are useful for debates. I'd like variety best. When they're not included, then I feel like the rest of the Pokeshipping moments are ignored. I want to remind all the Pokeshippers all sorts of moments between Ash and Misty. I think every Pokeshipper deserves to know about the moments, both the important ones and the minors ones, you know I mean? That's my opinion about it. ^^; But you're free to comment on it when the new thread is up. Discussing moments and hints is one of my favorite things to do. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.