• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It usually takes a couple months.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Were those kids that we saw a glimpse of in the trailer the player characters? They literally look like the Schoolkid trainer class, wow. I might actually want them to be siblings in Spe this time.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Poor Kusaka. LGPE, IoA, CT, BDSP, and PLA. All arcs that may never see a release. Man cannot catch a break

lolipiece

Staff member
Nothing substantial enough to do that, no.

Pokemon.Manga

I haven't played BDSP; were there any new features and/or story that they could've made a new chapter about?
The only new feature i can think of is Ramanas Park but i don't think it could be stretched for a arcs.

Poor Kusaka. LGPE, IoA, CT, BDSP, and PLA. All arcs that may never see a release. Man cannot catch a break
They could always be added in the volumes but that is going to be a lot of content.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I haven't played BDSP; were there any new features and/or story that they could've made a new chapter about?
Really just Galactic ending up at Battle Tower but that's not really enough to make a chapter about.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Only new features is Ramanas Park and to some extend the Grand Underground, not really enough for a substantial story arc. Legends Arceus however would be more suitable for creating a new arc.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
With the lack of new storylines in BDSP, I'd like them to take this opportunity to create original content and tie up all the loose ends from the rushed Platinum chapter, esp in regards to Sird

They really could give her a crazy story (which I felt they were going for but Platinum got cut so short) if they want to tie in PLA, like maybe her being an adept user of the time-space distortions, originally from Hisui, knows Cyllene and that's why she's working for Cyrus in the future, knows the ancestors of Maxie and Archie, the armor she gives to Guile Hideout is from the same place as Kamado's? So many possibilities...

Also she kinda resembles Enamorus a bit, maybe that could be hew new Pokémon haha

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I know it has already been said before but I don't think there'd be any real point to making an arc for BDSP. Also I feel like PLA deserves to be a separate manga from Pokemon Special.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I know it has already been said before but I don't think there'd be any real point to making an arc for BDSP. Also I feel like PLA deserves to be a separate manga from Pokemon Special.
Well, what's Shigekatsu Ihara up to around now? It's been a long time since he worked on Pokemon, aside from making cheesecake Mitsumi fanart on Twitter (wait is it fanart if you invented the character?). He could stand to do a PLA series.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I say it should be the opposite. Imagine the possibilities of a time traveling crisis involving the villain of PLA and maybe we can get Sird back as well.

It's honestly hard to invest in new Pokémon Special stories when I haven't heard much from the previous characters or how they connect to the larger world. It hasn't been the same since BW/XY or at the very least, SM. It's sort of an opposite problem compared to the anime.

lolipiece

Staff member
Pokespe having more standalone arcs has been a thing since DP. I think Kusaka just wants readers to be able to read an arc and not be forced to buy 30+ volumes just to understand every major plot detail.

e9310103838

I say it should be the opposite. Imagine the possibilities of a time traveling crisis involving the villain of PLA and maybe we can get Sird back as well.

It's honestly hard to invest in new Pokémon Special stories when I haven't heard much from the previous characters or how they connect to the larger world. It hasn't been the same since BW/XY or at the very least, SM. It's sort of an opposite problem compared to the anime.

I still think Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Berlitz family, Lack-Two, Colress, X, and Y have a chance to show up in SM/USUM regular volumes (and maybe Team Rainbow Rocket also). About Sird, I still think she will be in ORAS to show us Mega Banette (one of twelve Mega Evolution Pokemon not yet in Pokespe). If not, she may show up in SM/USUM or DP remake.

Although Kusaka wants readers to be free to read from any chapter, he also worked hard to make the series look like it happened in the same universe. This is why Japanese regular volumes are numbered consecutively. He also added a lot of easter eggs that don't hinder reading in plot (Like Miss Poison in this month or Raihan's conversation with Rose about the meteorite crisis in Hoenn).

And I hope Agatha has a chance to be mentioned later, who hasn't appeared since Yellow chapter. Although Legends Arceus introduces Miss Fortunes, they probably don't have much plot in Pokespe (if there is this chapter), let alone reach out to Agatha (and Bertha). Some fans wondered if she died, but Professor Oak hasn't died yet, how could Agatha have died? XD

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Pokespe having more standalone arcs has been a thing since DP. I think Kusaka just wants readers to be able to read an arc and not be forced to buy 30+ volumes just to understand every major plot detail.
Pokémon Special Cinematic Universe(?) :p

But yeah. I respect him efforts, love how he desegregated the characters from others post RS arc. outside of some minor things like Dia’s Lax being Red’s Snorlax’s egg or Moon Berlitz of course. A shared universe and cameos are cool but I appreciate Kusaka focusing on telling each arc. on its own terms.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, what's Shigekatsu Ihara up to around now?
Last year, he did a two-shot manga adaptation of the Ultraman Blazar series (only the first episode but still).

Currently, he is doing a Duel Masters spin-off, if I recall correctly

Ku-ri-boh

I recently doubledipped on SA version of HGSS vol 2 and the first few volumes of BW arc just to have a complete set of English translated volumes with the proper numbering from 1-61

This made me re-read the HGSS arc again and it saddens me to know we are never getting PLA arc. It's such a missed opportunity, especially considering it's designed like a mainline game, contributes to the main worldbuilding like the mainline entries and offer crucial lores and new mons/formes.

It's actually never quite explained why Arceus was sad when it showed up before the Johto cast and TR executives. His sudden appearance was also never explained and I find it funny how Gold made remarks about how Arceus probably came fully under its own accord (and not bc he was truly being controlled by some lame TR goons or anything) and seemingly only wanted to witness Togebo's growth along with his relationship with Gold. If PLA arc existed, the authors could easily connect the dots by showing us Volo & Togepi (they are even THE Volo sync pair in Masters EX!). Maybe the way Volo treated Togepi in that arc and everything he did to conquer Arceus was always the reason Arceus had to show up centuries later in Johto for Gold & Togepi. PLA would also be the perfect time to further explore the reasons for the animosity the 2 DP dragons have against Giratina. Sure, they were sorta touched up in HGSS but it felt very tongue-in-cheek and did not tell us anything beyond the generic lore of this trio which we always know from promotional materials. Kusaka is a god of connecting the dots (only second to Oda imo) and PLA arc would have been so perfect.

Cyllene coincidentally looks quite like Sird too. Kusaka could even spin this to make it such that both Sird and Cyrus are her descendants and the former somehow traveled back in time to cause more unwanted paradox, so Dia, Pal and Platinum had to be summoned to the past to stop her. Somehow something happened during their travel and the 3 got separated or something, with Platinum losing her memories and arriving in a much distant past, becoming "Akari" who came to think she always belonged in Hisui and Dia had to make her remember and bring her back to the present time. Or, just anything to tie up all the Sird loose ends, really. For a very climactic ending, Kusaka could even kill off the 3 DPPt dragons during their final fight in the arc, to explain why Arceus had to recreate them again from scratch in HGSS arc and maybe stripped off Dialga and Palkia's abilities to transform to their Origin Formes so as to not cause the same problems.

Thoughts? I just want a PLA arc dammit... (and LGPE too. And Rainbow Rocket. Sigh)