• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

09Murphym

BDSP will definitely have new content to adapt for an arc. The Pokeathlon and Cynthia event were used for HGSS so I think Kusa.ka will be able to do a short arc where the sinnoh trio come back for a little bit. Legends looks good but I can't see a prequel connecting to the main series. At most we may get flashbacks to the Berlitz family and Diamond and Platinum's ancestors but an entire arc seems like too much.
I'm sure that there are a lot of people who hope that we finally learn about sigurd's current whereabouts and status.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
It will be interesting to see what PokeSpe do regarding a BDSP chapter, if these games do turn out to be a 1:1 remake without exclusive content.
Past remake chapters focused on added content that wasn't in the original games:

FRLG: Sevii Islands
HGSS: Poketlon
ORAS: Delta Chapter

I guess they can always focus on a Gen VIII legendary or mythical. (Zarude maybe). Who knows but i'm still hoping for a lil bit of extra content not present in DP. If that doesn't happen then a proper Dex holder reunion could do for an exciting chapter.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I can see Kusaka implementing the Legends storyline into the BDSP chapter. My guess is that it would be a modern storyline where they have to learn about and deal with the lore of Legends.
Either way I’m just super stoked to see my favorite trio back in Adventures!!!

Lucky3

Legends seems like something that would get a separate-but-connected mini-story to promote it a la ranger.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hopefully that'll be used to reunite the "PokéJapan" gang. Sinnoh was kind of left out if I recall correctly.

ellifeedn

Thinker
Since this remake is part of Gen 8 and the current gimmick is Dynamaxing, I wonder how they will explain why it's prevalent in Sinnoh.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Since this remake is part of Gen 8 and the current gimmick is Dynamaxing, I wonder how they will explain why it's prevalent in Sinnoh.
If it's not included in BDSP like Mega Evolution was in ORAS, then i don't see it being mentioned.
Even in the games, Dynamax and Gigantamax are a result of Eternatus's energy leaked all over Galar. They can always blame Eternatus if it's available in Sinnoh.

BlackButterfree

This isn't really a question about a future arc, but considering they were all done by the team of Kusaka and Yamamoto, are all canon to Pokémon Adventures/Special, and haven't yet been fully translated into English, is there any hope of "Mt. Silver Training" parts 1 and 2, "Ranger: Double Mission" parts 1 through 5, and "Ranger: Darkrai Mission" parts 1 through 4 all being compiled into a sort of side stories volume? That's 11 rounds, which is around the number for a standard volume.

They did include the first chapter of Double Mission in the Artbook back in 2016, so it wouldn't be unheard of, would it?

Sorry for randomly bringing this up, but I just bought the entire series on Comixology today at a huge discount, and I remembered that there were a few rounds that hadn't yet been officially bundled into volumes.
Honey. She was going to sell her G-Max soup all over the world, which suggests there must be Power Spots all over the world as well, otherwise Pokémon wouldn't be able to G-Max. Also, it's possible that ingesting the soup could make Pokémon in other regions just spontaneously D-Max and G-Max, since it's full of those G-Max mushrooms.

09Murphym

This isn't really a question about a future arc, but considering they were all done by the team of Kusaka and Yamamoto, are all canon to Pokémon Adventures/Special, and haven't yet been fully translated into English, is there any hope of "Mt. Silver Training" parts 1 and 2, "Ranger: Double Mission" parts 1 through 5, and "Ranger: Darkrai Mission" parts 1 through 4 all being compiled into a sort of side stories volume? That's 11 rounds, which is around the number for a standard volume.

They did include the first chapter of Double Mission in the Artbook back in 2016, so it wouldn't be unheard of, would it?

Sorry for randomly bringing this up, but I just bought the entire series on Comixology today at a huge discount, and I remembered that there were a few rounds that hadn't yet been officially bundled into volumes.
I would honestly also like to see them do that as well.

e9310103838

Yamamoto mentioned these just a while ago XD

He said that if Japan had a chance to release the collector’s edition, he wanted to include "Mt. Silver Training" plot at the end of Chapter 3. (Although this seems to mean that the probability of including this plot in the regular volume is lower.)

He also mentioned that there is an opportunity that he wants to publish Pokemon Ranger Double Mission and Darkrai Mission volume. If this is achieved, he will revise it again because the web serialization format is different from the volume format. And he said that he wanted to include a free gift short anime DVD (It seems to refer to the cutscenes of the original serialization?)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You know he could also had his take on the the Guardian Signs' protagonists. It was really said the final ranger game didn't get a manga.

BlackButterfree

Yamamoto mentioned these just a while ago XD

He said that if Japan had a chance to release the collector’s edition, he wanted to include "Mt. Silver Training" plot at the end of Chapter 3. (Although this seems to mean that the probability of including this plot in the regular volume is lower.)

He also mentioned that there is an opportunity that he wants to publish Pokemon Ranger Double Mission and Darkrai Mission volume. If this is achieved, he will revise it again because the web serialization format is different from the volume format. And he said that he wanted to include a free gift short anime DVD (It seems to refer to the cutscenes of the original serialization?)
That would be amazing. He could definitely take my money for it.
You know he could also had his take on the the Guardian Signs' protagonists. It was really said the final ranger game didn't get a manga.
Guardian Signs, Colosseum and Gale of Darkness deserve some love. Heck, so does Let's Go, we could've gotten a Yellow-centric arc again. She hasn't shown up since Emerald.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Checking HGSS again, Archer stated Arceus lived in harmony wit humans until they betrayed it and stole its powers to make the Plates. I'd love to suggest a potential arc focusing on that, but Legends looks like it's too far in the future for that.

Moni_22

A bit late on this, but I'll give my 2 cents.

For now, there's no indicative that the remake will have new story. If it doesn't then there would be no need to have an arc for it, just like Let's Go. But, there's gonna be new lore in Legends: Arceus so maybe they could use that somehow.

Honestly though, since the main arcs are suffering from pace already, I wouldn't really mind if they don't do anything, unless they can do it without damaging SHSW arc.

Lucky3

Whatever they do, SwSh will probably stay in the monthly magazine, so the pacing shouldn't get affected regardless.

Rapiido

I can see Kusaka implementing the Legends storyline into the BDSP chapter. My guess is that it would be a modern storyline where they have to learn about and deal with the lore of Legends.
Either way I’m just super stoked to see my favorite trio back in Adventures!!!

Or since the Sinnoh legendaries control space and time.. what if Dialga and Palkia sent Diamond, Pearl and Platinum into the past?

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Or since the Sinnoh legendaries control space and time.. what if Dialga and Palkia sent Diamond, Pearl and Platinum into the past?
I never thought of this but I absolutely adore it.

I want to see my favorite duo of comedians just goofing off through the past while Platinum is actually trying to figure out how the older technology worked. Would be hysterical.

BlackButterfree

A bit late on this, but I'll give my 2 cents.

For now, there's no indicative that the remake will have new story. If it doesn't then there would be no need to have an arc for it, just like Let's Go. But, there's gonna be new lore in Legends: Arceus so maybe they could use that somehow.

Honestly though, since the main arcs are suffering from pace already, I wouldn't really mind if they don't do anything, unless they can do it without damaging SHSW arc.
Technically, Let's Go had the 153 Master Trainers, plus the GO Park which was (pre-HOME) the only way to get Meltan and Melmetal.

I could easily see a short arc where Chase and Elaine have to either take on the trainers or help out Meltan, respectively.