• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I never thought of this but I absolutely adore it.

I want to see my favorite duo of comedians just goofing off through the past while Platinum is actually trying to figure out how the older technology worked. Would be hysterical.
I hope they just do flashbacks of their families origins.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Isn’t it too late for a possible Let’s Go arc though since the manga has already moved on to SWSH?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The only thing that'd be interesting from a LGPE arc is maybe giving Elaine's (female PC) clothes to Yellow. Other than not, totally unnecessary IMHO

e9310103838

If there is LGPE chapter, it is most likely to use Meltan and Melmetal as the focus of the plot. Maybe Archer and Mina will show up again. Will Kusaka let Trace be a Pokedex holder? I still expect maybe them to show Gigantamax Pikachu and Eevee by Chase and Elaine in Sword and Shield XD.
If they finally plan to launch LGPE chapter (or any new chapter before Sword and Shield), then they might announce it before BDSP chapter is launched.

And I'm still waiting for USUM to be released independently, since Sun and Moon still has a lot of content to fill in the blanks, and it’s difficult to merge them all into the same chapter in my opinion.
Even if they don’t mention Team Rainbow Rocket or Red and Green in Alola plot, there are still many plots to be completed, example Aether family's following plot, Moon's family background, Anabel and Looker plot, Hau and Guzma plot, Sun and Dollar plot, Guardian deities plot, more Z-move display, Lack-Two's Alola mission, etc. And I think Kusaka will still want all Pokemon to appear, especially those Mythical Pokemon. ;)

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
And I'm still waiting for USUM to be released independently, since Sun and Moon still has a lot of content to fill in the blanks, and it’s difficult to merge them all into the same chapter in my opinion.
Even if they don’t mention Team Rainbow Rocket or Red and Green in Alola plot, there are still many plots to be completed, example Aether family's following plot, Moon's family background, Anabel and Looker plot, Hau and Guzma plot, Sun and Dollar plot, Guardian deities plot, more Z-move display, Lack-Two's Alola mission, etc. And I think Kusaka will still want all Pokemon to appear, especially those Mythical Pokemon. ;)
Hey, maybe instead of a dexholder union, they’ll have an Interpol reunion in the volume release! Lack-Two, Looker, Magician, Anabel, and Nanu all gathered in one spot. To make a “bam!” impression like how Giovanni, Lance and Pryce appeared in HGSS.

Redstar45

Well Tori/Todd return in special universe?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Not unless Kusaka can explain how he aged so drastically. Does New Snap specify how much time had passed between games?

Redstar45

Not unless Kusaka can explain how he aged so drastically. Does New Snap specify how much time had passed between games?
Todd look like young adult in new games

ShadowForce720

That wouldn’t be that hard to explain since the last time he appeared in the Manga was back during the Emerald Chapter. So given how much time has likely past between Emerald and Sword & Shield, it would make sense if he is an young adult by the time he shows up in Sword & Shield Chapter.

e9310103838

In XY, Green is a young man of twenty to thirty years old. So I think it’s not difficult how they present Todd in latest timeline.

And I think it’s a good opportunity for mention New Snap things when Ruby and Sapphire to go to the islands to help Professor Birch collect Pokemon information after Emerald chapter. ;)

Redstar45

In XY, Green is a young man of twenty to thirty years old. So I think it’s not difficult how they present Todd in latest timeline.

And I think it’s a good opportunity for mention New Snap things when Ruby and Sapphire to go to the islands to help Professor Birch collect Pokemon information after Emerald chapter. ;)
And Green still look young.

WaterTypeStarter

For the BDSP arc, if Barry is in the Legend game then Pearl will probably go back to the past with Diamond and Platinum. If not, then I think Diamond and Platinum will be sent back to the past (maybe Dialga will have some role) while Pearl works in the present. And not quite sure what roles others will have. I do predict the arc will involve time travel in some way.

Rune Knight

Not an avid reader. However, I heard that Dawn goes by "Platinum" in the manga, but I also heard that her name was never mentioned prior to the Platinum Chapter.

Back in the day, did people speculate that her character would be a nod to a third version of DP?

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Given Moon is a member of the Berlitz family and they had Platinum appear ambiguously I think they were prepping for this appearance.

God, the DP arc had to be my fave next to RBGY(?) so my fingers are crossed to see my comedy bois + princess done some love. Although BDSP are remasters….so what do they offer content wise?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
so what do they offer content wise?
I think Pokémon authorities aren't not revealing details this early because of a "certain group of people" and their poisoning the well regarding anything the games do or don't do.

Information is kept close to home thanks to THAT GROUP'S paranoia and loathing over not being able to Mega Evolve, Primally Revert and use Z-Moves in SMOGON, I mean, in THEIR OWN games, and to import their hacked Pokémon for free...I mean, TOTALLY LEGITIMATE CUT MONS, and whining about graphics, rivals and the story not having FF7-length and depth as if those are make-or-break for the kind of people who just plug Pokémon into Smogon and don't actually give a damn about the actual game, or anything else past their childhood or growing out of the franchise, and constantly fake GaMeR outrage and "passionate" gAmEr(TM) fanaticism in order to protect their non-existent GaMeR(TM) dignity...egged on by profiteering ex-Sonic Fandom trolls, conspiracy theorists, nostalgia addicts and perpetually cynical misanthropes, all of which abuse glittering generalities to make you look like the jerk for liking anything past THEIR games(And Smogon).

We aren't getting many details or hype because some people ask of Pokémon what literally no other franchise is asked to do, and if they don't get it, will ruin, threaten to, kill, rape and/or bomb ANYONE that doesn't submit to and/or appease their demands. Not even Mario gets this level of performative outrage and crimes.

Soooo....the hints are going to dry up fast due to THOSE people.

Blame THEM, not Kusaka.