• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Ah but you missed something. I did say the starters are Pikachu & Eevee but I'm also thinking that the original Kanto starters aren't far off as gift Pokemon like in the Let's Go games right? Speaking of which, I don't think it's also far off for the three trainers to get Alolan variants lol through trade maybe. Perhaps Trace will get Alolan Marowak somehow, Chase will get Alolan Ninetales, the exclusive of Let's Go Eevee and Elaine will get Alolan Sandslash, the exclusive of Let's Go Pikachu. Also maybe to keep things fresh, Chase, Trace and Elaine don't evolve their Kanto starters.

Chase - Pikachu/Flareon/Squirtle/Alolan Ninetales
Elaine - Pikachu/Vaporeon/Charmander/Alolan Sandslash
Trace - Pikachu/Jolteon/Bulbasaur/Alolan Marowak or... maybe...
Trace (Alternative) - Raichu/Eevee/Bulbasaur/Alolan Marowak

What do you think so far? Personally I don't know about you guys but we really haven't seen a lot of Squirtle in his starter form outside of some cameo's.
KUSAKA would just not use them and make some referencing to it and made some Easter egg (pun intended) and hope he do nod to ani trios this time alround if he do just that .

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
KUSAKA would just not use them and make some referencing to it and made some Easter egg (pun intended) and hope he do nod to ani trios this time alround if he do just that .
Still would be weird to see a main series title to not get any kind of adaptation. Kind of... incomplete. Oh well.

On a different note, since we are talking about the start of a new generation entering a new console, we should definitely discuss the possibility of a Diamond & Pearl remake chapter based on possible Diamond & Pearl remakes. So I don't know about you guys but who thinks we might see Sird again this generation?

Redstar45

Actually i am wondering how sun, moom, ultra sun & ultra moon arc end and how that leads to swords and shield arc ?

shoz999

Actually i am wondering how sun, moom, ultra sun & ultra moon arc end and how that leads to swords and shield arc ?
Boom! Happy Sun & Moon ending.

Boom! Happy Sword & Shield beginning with seemingly no relation to SM.

BOOM! PLOT-TWIST! SUBTLE RELATION TO SM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORY THAT ONLY SM READERS WILL UNDERSTAND!

Redstar45

Boom! Happy Sun & Moon ending.

Boom! Happy Sword & Shield beginning with seemingly no relation to SM.

BOOM! PLOT-TWIST! SUBTLE RELATION TO SM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORY THAT ONLY SM READERS WILL UNDERSTAND!
Yeah i could see that happening i miss kusaka from Pokemon RGBY and Gsc era
He did great job tie both arc well

Redstar45

Aww No sinnoh trio again love lady plat

shoz999

Because if there's no DP remakes, then there's no DP remake arc, making speculation utterly pointless...?
Alright, I or someone else will just make a seperate potential DP remake storyline thread. No rules are broken, your thread will continue to discuss SS and people can discuss the potential of a Sird storyline, a prequel to SS & what the DPP trio could be up to all these years? Sounds fine?

Redstar45

Not really as there is no chance of dppt remakes yet so it doesn't count as the future arc speculated here like let go pikachu and eevee or swords and shield arc do now

shoz999

So question? What do you guys think are going to be the Sword & Shield character's personalities? I have a hunch it's going to be somehow similar or connected to Sopple and Scorbunny, the expected starters for the Male & Female Protagonist.

Speaking of protagonist, I think this chapter will go back to Pokemon Gyms. Just a hunch because of Scorbunny looking like a soccer player, one of the gym stadiums is a soccer stadium and because of this we might even get another female trainer who will take on the Gym Challenge.

starkman

I have to wonder, with Let's Go being a pseudo-remake of Yellow, will we see Agatha again? Last we saw of her, she was escaping from Green and Koga, and that was it. She's one of the few antagonists not arrested or dead, and I still think there's potential for her to be a cool villain, especially with her motivation of wanting to hurt Professor Oak.

shoz999

I have to wonder, with Let's Go being a pseudo-remake of Yellow, will we see Agatha again? Last we saw of her, she was escaping from Green and Koga, and that was it. She's one of the few antagonists not arrested or dead, and I still think there's potential for her to be a cool villain, especially with her motivation of wanting to hurt Professor Oak.
I think one day will see Agatha again and the Let's Go remakes is a perfect option for her return. Unfortunately a Let's Go chapter seems unlikely due to the fast release schedule, specifically Sword & Shield returning but one thing I've always wanted to see was Agatha get her redemption moment and fight alongside Prof. Oak and Pryce like the good ol' days.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
What would be really nice would be to have a full teournament Arc (the PWT in B2W2 was a nice opportunity but due to speeding that Arc a lot I doubt it will happen) but maybe with SwSh we can get a big scale Tournament of 8 Regional Teams with around 20 representatives per Region (GL+E4+Champion+Dexholders and few other characters) with each Regional Team moving up based on the number of wins. A Tournament like in GS but on a much bigger scale.
What do you think?

shoz999

What would be really nice would be to have a full teournament Arc (the PWT in B2W2 was a nice opportunity but due to speeding that Arc a lot I doubt it will happen) but maybe with SwSh we can get a big scale Tournament of 8 Regional Teams with around 20 representatives per Region (GL+E4+Champion+Dexholders and few other characters) with each Regional Team moving up based on the number of wins. A Tournament like in GS but on a much bigger scale.
What do you think?
I'd love to see a Tournament arc. To be honest the last real epic Tournament arc was the Gym Leader Tournament arc. However you know what would be cool? If Pokemon Adventures had it's own Tournament of Power where not only the protagonist and every other good Battle Legend joins in the battle royale-style fight but also the villains.

e9310103838

What do you think?

Because this series has its own mainline plot, I think the tournament arc can launch in the form of a side story. (I have been imagining that they launched the side story of PMSP like campus drama or some things, although it has no any signs at the moment XD) I still think that PWT may show up in some form at the end (such as their graduation ceremony). We haven’t seen Unova gym leaders appear again after all. Cheren also needs to explain how he became a gym leader and Sabrina can have more plots. (And I think Benga needs more plots too.) I also think Team Rainbow Rocket will be launched later. ;)

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
So apparently SM/USUM arc only have 5 months left. Then the Sword and Shield arc formally launches days after the game release date. I hope B2W2 will wrap up as well.

I wonder how the Dynamax battle works in the manga?

Last edited: