• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I suspect SM-USUM will have a big expansion when it's collected in volume form. There are a lot of Z-Moves missing and i fail to see how will they wrap up successfully the plot in just 5-6 rounds.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So Giant Pokemon Kaiju-themed battles? Do you think that can work in an Pokemon Adventures adaptation? I know the anime is definitely going to try to make that work somehow lol.

shoz999

Just as long as Grookey isn't shafted like Popplio or Fennekin. (Which most likely will be the case)
I wouldn't be surprised. Ever since Gen 5, it seems like Kusaka has a hard time deciding whether or not he should include rivals whose names cannot be changed. Honestly at this point, I feel that Kusaka should just accept that rivals with names that cannot be changed are going to be a consistent norm in the games and might as well consider them for Pokedex Holder status. I'd hate to see another starter Pokemon shafted or get a smaller role just because the rival's name doesn't fit the theme of the games.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
I think Sword obtained the Dynamax band first and get involved into the Dynamax mechanic. Then later Shield eventually obtaining it.

Just like how X receives the Mega Ring first, then with Sun receiving his Z Ring

shoz999

With Pokemon's Sword and Shield's bigger focus on the wild, I wonder if we'll get a Pokemon Adventures story more closer to that of Diamond & Pearl again.

horrahforyou

If we go by patterns then Sword's Main Starter should be Sobble and likely Scorbunny right?. It makes me think Sword will be quiet one of the duo while Shield will be outgoing

Which kind of reminds me of X and Y's personality. Would you think Hop, Leon and Sonia join them throughout their adventures?

If Sword do chose Sobble and Shield chose Scorbunny, it's either Leon or Hop will handle Grookey.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Which kind of reminds me of X and Y's personality.

That's why Sword might not be a quiet character in my opinion. Although he chose Sobble seems inevitable.

I am also very curious, will Rotom leave Moon's Pokedex and go to Galar become Rotom phone?

And we get another rival that cannot be named again. Hope Hop can get the plot he deserves. On the other hand, at least PMSP will not be broken the law that the rival who can be named will be named after the second version for the time being. (Hugh is an exception.)

And I hope Leon won't become a bad guy, please... o_O

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You know, given the premise of Galar's focus on sponsored Pokemon battles, X's backstory would honestly fit better here. But we can't see the future, unfortunately.

Which kind of reminds me of X and Y's personality. Would you think Hop, Leon and Sonia join them throughout their adventures?

If Sword do chose Sobble and Shield chose Scorbunny, it's either Leon or Hop will handle Grookey.

Leon's the Champ; he's not getting the Starter. It's either Hop or the other unannounced Rival.

horrahforyou

That's why Sword might not be a quiet character in my opinion. Although he chose Sobble seems inevitable.

Probably not another hot headed character with the likes of RGB Red, Gold and Black. He maybe quiet one but more of a laid back character similar to Diamond. X's character was more of a quiet emo.

MalcolmBelmontS

Probably not another hot headed character with the likes of RGB Red, Gold and Black. He maybe quiet one but more of a laid back character similar to Diamond. X's character was more of a quiet emo.
I can definetly see him being not as emo as X but not as laid back as Diamond..i would say a mix between the two. But i am certain Shield will be more outgoing. of the two

shoz999

Names have already been decided huh? Well for me, I think Sword is going to start out as a introverted scaredy cat to be honest and from there we see him and his Sobble grow up throughout the vast amount of freedom and wild territory that Galar offers while Shield is a more outgoing, excited, chatty, extroverted and perhaps even hyper like a well... a rabbit lol.

Ricky490

The Gen 4 Fanatic
Even by the unconventional standards of how these characters are named, it's gonna take a while for me to get used to characters named Sword and Shield. It's not Lack-Two/Whi-Two bad but it takes some getting used to.

shoz999

Even by the unconventional standards of how these characters are named, it's gonna take a while for me to get used to characters named Sword and Shield. It's not Lack-Two/Whi-Two bad but it takes some getting used to.
I don't know. Has a bit of a superhero twist to it. On a different note, according to the rumor that got Dynamaxing right, apparently their might be an evil third legendary to the Sword & Shield Wolves. Anyone smell a potentially great DPP or underwhelming SM chapter cause it sounds like Galar's lore at the very least is going to be big, very big.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I don't know. Has a bit of a superhero twist to it. On a different note, according to the rumor that got Dynamaxing right, apparently their might be an evil third legendary to the Sword & Shield Wolves. Anyone smell a potentially great DPP or underwhelming SM chapter cause it sounds like Galar's lore at the very least is going to be big, very big.
hmm, so what if Sword and Shield actually ARE superheroes or something like that? I mean, blake is an international patrol member, so a superhero isn't completely out of the question, or maybe something like superhero wannabes that end up becoming actual superheroes by the end

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
hmm, so what if Sword and Shield actually ARE superheroes or something like that? I mean, blake is an international patrol member, so a superhero isn't completely out of the question, or maybe something like superhero wannabes that end up becoming actual superheroes by the end
Knights or something like that ? It is base on uk u know.

shoz999

Eh. I think they already did that idea in BW2. Blake & Whitley had a whole Batman/Catwoman vibe going on. Although I am quite curious how Kusaka will take advantage of the Kaiju-like battles. Is it going to include some environmental destruction or will he play more closely to the game rules. Also there's a lot of jokes you can do by making someone giant.