1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokespe future arc speculation thread - Current games: Sword and Shield

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by lolipiece, Jun 6, 2017.

1. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

I mean they made a gigantic fake Kyogre during the Emerald arc. So I think the Dynamax mechanic won't be complicated as it should be

Leonhart and shoz999 like this.
  2. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

I was talking about environmental destruction. I'm wondering how that will be handled in an official gym battle.

Leonhart likes this.
  3. ellifeedn

ellifeedn Thinker

Since they didn't show Z-moves too much in the Gen 7 chapter, maybe they will in Gen 8 chapter to be used against the giant Pokemon.

4. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

I doubt it. Maybe they'll do a tease or a comparison to Dynamax through one of the professors but I can't see it happening unless a returning character from Alola comes aboard.

5. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Captain Obvious

So Sword and Shield will be a friend of a champion's younger brother, who also would be close to the professor of the region.
    When they receive their Pokedex, its got to have a large publicity.

shoz999 likes this.
  6. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

I’d like something similar to Diamond & Platinum’s dynamic; where the girl is pretty accomplished, and the boy has a lot of respect and admiration for her. It would even match with the starters they should be getting: Shield being tenacious and outgoing like Scorbunny, and Sword being more timid and passive like Sobble. With that in mind, can it finally be time for the girl to do Gyms again? Taking a break from that in BW was refreshing after Sapphire & Platinum, but I really do want another battling girl. Y was a start, but with so much going on in that chapter her goal got the short end of the stick.

Something that could be fun is if one of them is royalty/nobility. Sword being royalty and looking up to this everyday girl could be interesting. Shield being a princess of some sort wouldn’t be bad, but it’d resemble Platinum a little too much, especially if she’s the one primarily doing the battling.

shoz999 likes this.
  7. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Captain Obvious

What if both the boy and the girl did the gyms? Although it might sound ridiculous, it is a first

shoz999 likes this.