• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Since Sobble's reacting negatively to Shield along with Sword, guess the starter pattern continues.

Pokemon.Manga

I was really hoping for an angry scottish lass but it appears they are going for a sweet scottish Dawn. I'm actually not only pretty okay with this but looking forward to what appears to be her enthusiastic personality. Also I can see the artist saw the trailer featuring the sparkled eyes "This is delicious" look from the games, the part where they introduce the curry, and did his own sketch. I wonder if his skill will be cooking which would be fun to have a cooking-themed Pokemon adventure!
We could end up seeing a cooking theme team as well.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
They’re cute. If Sword really is focused on mastering cooking/curry, then I hope Shield is the one to be endorsed for the Gym Challenge.

Lucky3

So from what I'm gathering, we received a sketch of our new protags in CoroCoro. The arc will start in Ichiban, as usual, of course.

EJafpIoU4AACQeE.jpg

What's interesting is the scans refer to our male protagonist as "Meister", which is most likely not a name, but an indicator he's talented at something. What that is, we'll have to wait to find out.
What if it's actually 'Mister'? You know, like Platinum was known as Lady. Maybe he's royalty and Shield(?) is like his bodyguard or something. Seems like a good time to pay homage to Gen IV.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This just hit me. So you know how X's team consisted of Mega Evolution Pokemon to represent Gen 6's new mechanic? You think were going to see that again for Gen 8 only more Gen 8 Pokemon since Gen 8 Pokemon have access to Gigantamaxing? Considering how the writer and artist are big Kaiju fans... I feel like this is more likely than it sounds.

It just hit me. A bit of spoilers on the relationship of the 6th Gym Leaders but I think I know how they can do both version-exclusive Gym Leaders for Pokemon Adventures and have the Gym Challenge.
Okay so if you put Bea and Allister together, they look like big tough sister and little scaredy brother right? Bea is the girl who will kick anyone's butt if they mess with Allister right? However she also wants Allister to toughen up but that proves to be very hard because of his personality. And for the 6th Gym Leaders, Melony and Gordie, are mother and son right? So it just hit me. What if Bea and Melony are the current Gym Leaders of their towns but they are thinking about passing on the position to someone else, Allister and Gordie!

Last edited by a moderator:

lolipiece

Staff member
Again, this thread is for arcs based on games that exist and have yet to be released. Until those games are announced, they do not fit in either category.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Pokemon.Manga

The new Pokemon Sword & Shield Expansion pass was just announced and includes new areas, new legendary pokemon, new gigantamax forms and new forms for other legendary Pokemon as well. I have a feeling it could effect the manga in a new way because of the new legendary pokemon involve. Anyone have any hopes or fears?

iml908

So, expansion passes.

They're not new games, so that gives them this whole year to focus on Sword and Shield cause I doubt we're getting anything else this year. Given that the games didn't really have any post-game content (not counting whatever Swordbert and Shieldbert were) they can devout whatever time that would have gone to the 3rd version to these without the need to create a whole new chapter and without rushing the Sword and Shield storyline.

I could see Sodo and Shirudomiria splitting up, one going to the Isle of Armor and the other going to the Crown Tundra.

EDIT: A thought I had. The passes will introduce new forms for Blastoise and Venusaur. With Leon already having a Charizard, there needs to be a new Blastoise and Venusaur, unless they want to reintroduce Red and Blue. IMO, the best course of action would be to give Sodo and Shirudomiria Squirtle and Bulbasaur and make them apart of their teams to begin with. Sycamore just so happens to have an those two lying around his lab without Pokedex holders to team up with. I'd be a nice usage of continuity to bring them back.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
As cool as legitimate DLC is, it's not really good for Spe. It's just adding more content when we're literally only two chapters into the story. And nothing's stopping them from making a new game next year. But hey, at least we won't be getting an Armor and Crown arc or something. Hopefully.

Also, Kusaka's always been adamant about making sure most species of Legendary Pokemon are individuals, so I'm not sure how the Galarian birds are gonna work here.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
As cool as legitimate DLC is, it's not really good for Spe. It's just adding more content when we're literally only two chapters into the story. And nothing's stopping them from making a new game next year. But hey, at least we won't be getting an Armor and Crown arc or something. Hopefully.

Also, Kusaka's always been adamant about making sure most species of Legendary Pokemon are individuals, so I'm not sure how the Galarian birds are gonna work here.

I can see him work in some (non canon to the games) form change similar to how they made Zapmolcuno back in the Red and Blue arc.

lolipiece

Staff member
I can see him work in some (non canon to the games) form change similar to how they made Zapmolcuno back in the Red and Blue arc.

Kusaka does love his references. Though I do wonder if he'd even be allowed to do something like that today. You could get away with a lot of weirder stuff in Pokemon's early days.

I kinda want to see a Galarian Zapmolcuno now, though.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I can see Kusaka work it into the main story as long as the "third version" isn't too heavy on plot. The rivals can join the roster of rivals alongside Hop, Marnie and Bede and the new location and characters can be worked into a sort of side-adventure similar to Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Masuda and Ohmori explicitly said that they aren't doing a "third" version, and are doing DLC instead.

There will be references to the DLC if not a full subarc.

Volcanion is the exception, not the rule.

Pokemon.Manga

I think the Expansion pass DLC is a great addition to the manga's story. I feel like the plot of Sword and Shield in the game was lacking and the with the additional content it will help the story not be so simple and dull . I am interested in the way the Expansion pass might change the Pokemon teams for Sodo and Shirudomiria. Kusaka has shown a trend of at least one Dex holder having a legendary pokemon/Ultra beast from the latest part of the game so I expect either Sodo or Shirudomiria to get Kubfu, Urshifu , Calyrex as a part of their teams. The new Regis and Galar legendary birds could be a great addition as well. Overall I can't wait to see how it's incorporated.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel

Instead of a form change, i find the idea of Kantonian birds fighting their Galarian counterparts more interesting.

iml908

When was the last time we saw the Kanto birds?
I wanna say GSC, when Blue used them to fight Ho-oh and Lugia. Whether or not she still has them is unknown.

And I don't think it's that much of a problem for there to be multiples of the birds, especially since the new ones are Galarian variants. Regional variants are pretty much different Pokemon all together, so it's not breaking the rules of the universe. Plus, the birds haven't been seen in almost 20 years

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Instead of a form change, i find the idea of Kantonian birds fighting their Galarian counterparts more interesting.
We might get that knowing kusaka if this too good to pass it up