• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sird being from Ultra Space could potentially explain how Team Galactic actually created that machine that sent Platinum's bodyguards to the Distortion World.

Being from an alternate dimension would probably give her some knowledge on how to access others.

lolipiece

Staff member
This is your casual reminder that any discussion pertaining to leaked information should be kept in spoilers.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I'm convinced Moon's gonna get a UB adhesive. Also, I think that we're gonna get a DPPt situation with USUM as in we have one story over two arcs. I'm still convinced we're getting a Dexholder's reunion through the battle tree or TRR (although probably not because Black isn't going to get out of the rock until gen 10 and BW remakes

ellifeedn

Thinker
I had another idea how Giovanni could have a Mewtwo and it has to do with the DNA Splicer. I know it's meant for Kyurem, but the idea that technology can merge and split Pokemon is important here. With a modified DNA Splicer, Mewtwo could be split into two Mewtwos, each able to Mega-evolve into only one form.

lolipiece

Staff member
This thread will be kept open for the time being.

While the latest SM chapter did in fact mention Necrozma, it doesn't mean we'll only have one arc. Rayquaza was an important player in RS, after all.

If it's ever confirmed to be one arc, it'll be closed.

I had another idea how Giovanni could have a Mewtwo and it has to do with the DNA Splicer. I know it's meant for Kyurem, but the idea that technology can merge and split Pokemon is important here. With a modified DNA Splicer, Mewtwo could be split into two Mewtwos, each able to Mega-evolve into only one form.

Interesting, but that's not so much as splitting as it is cloning.

Cloning a clone. That'd be a weird experience.

13_luckynumber

Giovanni can use Nihilego or even Pheromosa to brainwash Mewtwo?

Speaking of Pheromosa, I'd love to see some interaction between Ruby and this "beauty" of a a mon

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I wonder if the climax will result in either Sun or Moon being lost in Ultra Space, only to end up in an alternate Alola? Either the one that has the Altar of the Moone instead of the Sunne, or the one that would be considered the USUM to the current arc's SM, or maybe even both at once. They meet their Ultra counterparts, and the arc centers around them trying to defeat Necrozma and get back to their own Alola.

Lucky3

I can totally see Moon (She's interacted more with Ultra-Beasts) getting trapped in Ultra Space and staying there until an USUM arc, like what happened at the end of FRLG and BW.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I can totally see Moon (She's interacted more with Ultra-Beasts) getting trapped in Ultra Space and staying there until an USUM arc, like what happened at the end of FRLG and BW.
If we really are lucky (no pun intended) and get Sinnoh remakes soon, they can end this arc like they did with FRLG (i.e. with a cliffhanger) and tie up the knots there. Given all the hints about Moon being a Berlitz or having some connection with them, it would be absurd to bring in the Sinnoh Dex holders now and then bring them back again for a different story within 3-5 years for the inevitable Sinnoh Remake arc. Seems far simpler (and better storytelling) just to connect the two and be done with it.

Oh, and if SM/USUM/DP Remakes are all one story, then maybe we can avoid or prolong another Black in the rock situation, since there would only be one arc going until Gen 8 comes out (either at the end of this year or early next year, I predict).

e9310103838

If we really are lucky (no pun intended) and get Sinnoh remakes soon, they can end this arc like they did with FRLG (i.e. with a cliffhanger) and tie up the knots there. Given all the hints about Moon being a Berlitz or having some connection with them, it would be absurd to bring in the Sinnoh Dex holders now and then bring them back again for a different story within 3-5 years for the inevitable Sinnoh Remake arc. Seems far simpler (and better storytelling) just to connect the two and be done with it.

Oh, and if SM/USUM/DP Remakes are all one story, then maybe we can avoid or prolong another Black in the rock situation, since there would only be one arc going until Gen 8 comes out (either at the end of this year or early next year, I predict).

And if Sinnoh group have to come in SM/USUM, and later DP remakes to be released (after gen 8), this is likely to cause Sinnoh group to be younger in DP remakes than in SM/USUM since they used the recollection plot as the plot of remake versions to avoid the overwhelming age of the main protagonists. In SM/USUM they are probably already in their twenties nearly. Although I think they still have the opportunity to appear in SM/USUM. :D

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Let's...not do cliffhangers anymore, please.

I think B2W2 is a good testament as to why those aren't a good idea with Pokespe's current release schedule.

ellifeedn

Thinker
While I agree that it makes narrative sense for the D/P/Pl remakes to connect to S/M+US/UM, I don't think those games will come out this gen, not unless they announce new games in the near future.

e9310103838

I think SM will continue to serialize until November to have four island volumes at least, and it is very likely that the Nintendo Switch new game chapter will be serialized following in the same magazine.

So USUM is very likely to be serialized in other magazines (I still think USUM will be a new chapter. And Kusaka once said that he hopes to serialize PMSP in the Corocoro Aniki magazine (which is regarded as suitable for readers of older age) although this is a quarterly magazine), or it may also be serialized online to replace B2W2 (bad idea...), or serialized in other Web.

And I am more worried about the development of PMSP (and the core games, yea), since the suspect new game information are released more and more (WT....with the new game title and something, oh). o_O

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
OK, my two cents on these rumors.

No. We can't do this. There is literally no possible way to end SM in another volume and have it be even remotely satisfying. They cannot expect this to end in seven chapters when it doesn't even feel like we're close to the end game.

Several characters haven't appeared. Aether hasn't even made their move yet.

Sun and Moon don't have full teams. Heck, Rowlet still hasn't evolved yet, though it's probably going to this month, given how last month's chapter ended.

That being said, let's keep this rumor discussion away from here until the games are officially confirmed.

Edit: OK, threat title changed. If there are any future games announced, just use this thread for it.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Well LG Pikachu and Eevee are legit. They have no excuse not to bring back Yellow now.

lolipiece

Staff member
It's officially confirmed that this isn't the Gen VIII game they talked about last year and that game will come out in 2019.

Good. That means that SM won't have to be axed to start a new arc. Maybe we can just skip the arc entirely. It's not like we really need one, right? It feels more like a spinoff, anyway.

If they really want to add elements from LGPE to Spe, just bring back Yellow. This is a Yellow remake (or so they claimed. Not really seeing it right now), so bringing back the character based on that game would make sense, right?

2018 marks the ten year anniversary of Yellow's last onscreen appearance outside of side material.

Red and Blue

I just remembered that Red owns a special Eevee that could evolve into its forms and change back. I know it became a Espeon in GSC, but couldn't Kusaka find a way to devolve it again? Eevee may end up with a new eeveelution.

lolipiece

Staff member
I just remembered that Red owns a special Eevee that could evolve into its forms and change back. I know it became a Espeon in GSC, but couldn't Kusaka find a way to devolve it again? Eevee may end up with a new eeveelution.

But evolving into Espeon helped it overcome the trauma and pain it suffered when it was experimented on.

To go back just for a new evolution would ruin that.