• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Two things just occurred to me. What if were wrong about what we think of Sun and Moon and a possible Let's Go Chapter, specifically where it's set.

First off, the Sun and Moon chapters. What if were actually wrong that the finale is coming soon? That this is just halfway of the actual story? Moon's Rowlet and Hau's Popplio haven't evolved yet like it's shown in the calendar. Now I'm assuming Kusaka is going to use this time-skip to show that Moon's Rowlet and Hau's Popplio have already evolved over time but I'm still thinking that this might not be close to the finale. You know how some of you said it looks like it's transitioning into USUM? Well what if the next chunk of chapters are on par with the Platinum chapter of Diamond and Pearl. The Platinum Chapter you could say was the true ending of Diamond and Pearl but it still had so much story to tell through the Battle Frontier and Distortion World spanning three volumes. What if we are going to get around three volumes worth of storytelling based on USUM, specifically Kusaka will probably most likely tell the many many worlds that exist in Ultra Space (including the Ultra Recon Squad's world or maybe even Rainbow Rocket from another dimension) before the actual finale happens?

Second. The Let's Go Chapter. If it happens, what if it won't be a sequel set right after USUM? What if it's set around the events of the Yellow Chapter or after the Yellow chapter? Somewhere during the Gen 1 era, it's practically perfect for three reasons. The three characters Chase, Elaine and Trace are game-canon wise start their journeys around the time when Red, Green and Blue are experienced but still very young trainers. If we have it set after USUM, after Red, Green and Blue are adults, I feel this would be not only a very strange adaptation of the Let's Go games but also it might clash with adapted game information in the future that uses the Let's Go timeline. Second, having set in the Gen 1 era would make the 151 Pokemon limit a lot of sense for Pokemon Adventures. Third, it won't speed up the RGBY's age any further, actually if anything we get to see them again their younger years during the Mato days. In fact, the Let's Go artstyle looks a lot similar to Mato's artwork so this could be the perfect chance to at least a similar artstyle to that of Mato's work.

e9310103838

Two things just occurred to me. What if were wrong about what we think of Sun and Moon and a possible Let's Go Chapter, specifically where it's set.

First off, the Sun and Moon chapters. What if were actually wrong that the finale is coming soon? That this is just halfway of the actual story? Moon's Rowlet and Hau's Popplio haven't evolved yet like it's shown in the calendar. Now I'm assuming Kusaka is going to use this time-skip to show that Moon's Rowlet and Hau's Popplio have already evolved over time but I'm still thinking that this might not be close to the finale. You know how some of you said it looks like it's transitioning into USUM? Well what if the next chunk of chapters are on par with the Platinum chapter of Diamond and Pearl. The Platinum Chapter you could say was the true ending of Diamond and Pearl but it still had so much story to tell through the Battle Frontier and Distortion World spanning three volumes. What if we are going to get around three volumes worth of storytelling based on USUM, specifically Kusaka will probably most likely tell the many many worlds that exist in Ultra Space (including the Ultra Recon Squad's world or maybe even Rainbow Rocket from another dimension) before the actual finale happens?

Second. The Let's Go Chapter. If it happens, what if it won't be a sequel set right after USUM? What if it's set around the events of the Yellow Chapter or after the Yellow chapter? Somewhere during the Gen 1 era, it's practically perfect for three reasons. The three characters Chase, Elaine and Trace are game-canon wise start their journeys around the time when Red, Green and Blue are experienced but still very young trainers. If we have it set after USUM, after Red, Green and Blue are adults, I feel this would be not only a very strange adaptation of the Let's Go games but also it might clash with adapted game information in the future that uses the Let's Go timeline. Second, having set in the Gen 1 era would make the 151 Pokemon limit a lot of sense for Pokemon Adventures. Third, it won't speed up the RGBY's age any further, actually if anything we get to see them again their younger years during the Mato days. In fact, the Let's Go artstyle looks a lot similar to Mato's artwork so this could be the perfect chance to at least a similar artstyle to that of Mato's work.

If we really have LGPE, then it must be after Emerald, otherwise the new protagonists will become absent Pokedex holders. ;)

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
If we did have a LGPE arc would it lean more to retelling the games or incorporate the GO characters with an all new plot? Kinda like how the Yellow arc was an all arc.

shoz999

If we did have a LGPE arc would it lean more to retelling the games or incorporate the GO characters with an all new plot? Kinda like how the Yellow arc was an all arc.
I feel like it would be a new plot but I'd feel it'd make a lot of sense if it was set somewhere in-between Yellow and the Emerald arc simply because Red, Green and Blue are still pretty young by the time Chase and Elaine start their journeys.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Kusaka could use Melmetal and the Master Trainers for some new Team Rocket conspiracy. But he won't be able to use Giovanni unless the arc is set after HGSS/ORAS.
Problem with that most pokespe fans that i talking to. ......start to hate rockets and Kanto Region's dex owners and i don't think that i wanted to prof oak pulling that you are a new dex owners crap that i growing to despite it in the Pokemon special manga and i wanna to see the arc to different from usually Pokemon special manga stuff

Last edited:

shoz999

Kusaka could use Melmetal and the Master Trainers for some new Team Rocket conspiracy. But he won't be able to use Giovanni unless the arc is set after HGSS/ORAS.
Oh. I can see it. So I'm going to guess if Kusaka does a Let's Go story arc it will go into possibly two different ways. He can do a classic Gym Leader route, maybe show what Sabrina, Koga and Surge are up to before Gen 2 happens. Or Chase or Elaine already have access to 151 Pokemon, probably because of Krys or something, and they decide to battle all 152 Master Trainers because of reasons. Then half-way through just when Adventure fans think, huh. Just another regular Pokemon stor... BAAAM! EVIL VILLAIN CONSPIRACY! It's TIME toooo SAAAAAAVE THE WOOOORLD!

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
I was imagining, when Rainbow Rocket was introduced, it is supposed to be a chance for Kusaka to have all 21 Dexholders unite.
Where, while Sun and Moon are in Ultra Space, Faba, now ruling over Aether Foundation, sells it to Rainbow Rocket like the games. Where, somehow, Hoopa appears, and Prison Bottle is revealed. Hoopa Unbound would then use Hyperspace Fury, where instead of it being an attacking move, it brings in all the dexholders, or those Hoopa designate sufficient to fight Team Rainbow Rocket. Where, when Sun and Moon come out of Ultra Space, they meet the 19 dex holders.
For Sun and Moon, their final battle would be that, Sun fights Ultra Necrozma with Zygarde complete form, and Moon fights Mother Beast Lusamine with Poipole who evolves to Naganadel.

Oh, and also, for new protagonists in each arc, I think that really depends on how Gamefreak creates new characters in games. In Black and White 2, it wasn’t just different design, they were new characters, named ‘Nate’ and ‘Rosa’ opposed to ‘Hilbert’ and ‘Hilda’ from BW. Where, it probably should have been expected they would have been same characters in USUM since the game also continued with ‘Elio’ and ‘Selene’ from SM.

Don't forget Red's Snorlax and Snorlium Z! Unless of course Sun or Moon capture themselves a Snorlax. You know I bet one of them will have Nebby on there Pokemon team, at least temporarily.
Remembers, how Professor Kukui had a Munchlax? That probably is supposedly to be used to reference Snorlax’s Z move in future. (Although it seems very unlikely as of now)

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I was imagining, when Rainbow Rocket was introduced, it is supposed to be a chance for Kusaka to have all 21 Dexholders unite.
Where, while Sun and Moon are in Ultra Space, Faba, now ruling over Aether Foundation, sells it to Rainbow Rocket like the games. Where, somehow, Hoopa appears, and Prison Bottle is revealed. Hoopa Unbound would then use Hyperspace Fury, where instead of it being an attacking move, it brings in all the dexholders, or those Hoopa designate sufficient to fight Team Rainbow Rocket. Where, when Sun and Moon come out of Ultra Space, they meet the 19 dex holders.

Oh, and also, for new protagonists in each arc, I think that really depends on how Gamefreak creates new characters in games. In Black and White 2, it wasn’t just different design, they were new characters, named ‘Nate’ and ‘Rosa’ opposed to ‘Hilbert’ and ‘Hilda’ from BW. Where, it probably should have been expected they would have been same characters in USUM since the game also continued with ‘Elio’ and ‘Selene’ from SM.

Remembers, how Professor Kukui had a Munchlax? That probably is supposedly to be used to reference Snorlax’s Z move in future. (Although it seems very unlikely as of now)
I wonder how black, blake, and whitley would be handled if something like that would happen, given black is still in the light stone and blake and whitley are protagonists of an ongoing arc

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
SM is literally months or even years after B2W2. Something like that wouldn't be an issue at all.

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
Seeing the magazine releases, one thing came to my mind. Pokémon Special is releasing on only 1 magazine, even at the cost of Sun and Moon arc being short. Is Kusaka not getting any more magazines for Special because he can’t, or because he doesn’t want to? (In order to finish BW2)

Seeing the magazine releases, one thing came to my mind. Pokémon Special is releasing on only 1 magazine, even at the cost of Sun and Moon arc being short. Is Kusaka not getting any more magazines for Special because he can’t, or because he doesn’t want to? (In order to finish BW2)
If I recall correctly, many years ago there were various magazines that would publish chapters in a monthly or bi monthly basis. However, there aren't any alternatives once a magazine lease runs its course or goes defunct and that's posting digital manga on the web. I may be wrong and a member by the name Coronis spent roughly 20 years ordering,scanning, and translate for Serebii untik he decided to wrap it up and pass the torch several months ago. Not everything lasts forever. How long will Pokemon Special lasts is up to Game Freak and Nintendo. I may be wrong about magazines, but books like weekly shounen jump,something similar. Marketing and competition.

e9310103838

Kusaka said that he hopes to be serialized PMSP in CoroCoro Aniki (which is considered suitable for older readers), so I think his current serialization in only one magazine should have nothing to do with B2W2. And this is a quarterly magazine, so I think it is more likely to be a single story in this magazine or like they did something in Pokemon Fan (Although all this has not yet been implemented). :rolleyes:

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Soooooooooooo. Pokémon Sword and Shield has just announced
Get ready for a brand new chapter this coming fall (alongside with the Let's Go chapters I guess?)

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Sword as the boy who gets the Water starter, Shield as the girl who gets Fire. Let's gooooooooooo!!

As per chapters based off the new gen games the Sword/Shield (SS?) chapter should then start at the same month the games will release, so around Nov/Oct this year.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
*Taps foot* AHEM.

OK, given how Pokespe operates, we can at least gather this.

The boy will be "Sword" (or some variation of that) and his Starter will be Sobble.

The girl will be "Shield" and her Starter will be Scorbunny.

Who knows how Grookey will be distributed.