• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm still trying to figure out how football can be implemented in a Pokemon game. I guess they can make it work.

I can see the female character being the one involved in that.
That actually makes so much sense. She's going to undoubtedly get Scorbunny and a fast bunny would meld well with the sport.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Please no football, unless is a single round like the Pokeatlon or the training one in Kalos

Pokeathlon was two, three if you count the Dragonite battle.

I feel if there is a soccer-themed sport, having the girl do it may result in a dynamic that's a bit too similar to X and Y's.

shoz999

Pokeathlon was two, three if you count the Dragonite battle.

I feel if there is a soccer-themed sport, having the girl do it may result in a dynamic that's a bit too similar to X and Y's.
I'm thinking more of the Diamond & Pearl arc only the boy protagonist looks up to the girl protagonist as kind of a inspiring role model as she's doing the Gyms. I say this because if Sopple, a timid shy Pokemon, reflects the trainer's personality, I think this might be the way things go where the boy protagonist relies on others for support.

Basically! Deku and Uraraka from My Hero Academia lol... actually... those personalities makes way too much sense...

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
I'm still trying to figure out how football can be implemented in a Pokemon game. I guess they can make it work.

I can see the female character being the one involved in that.
She is going to have Scorbunny, after all...
and there are also plenty of fanarts showing Scorbunny kicking balls of fire.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Same here with me on that .

shoz999

The movie Zoroark: Master of Illusions has done similar thing.

And in a sense Crys should be good at playing football. :p
You mean Gold & Krys! Pokeathlon heck ye... wait a minute.... how come Krys has never participated in Pokeathlon. She is literally the perfect person to represent sports. Does that not feel odd to you guys now thinking about it? Going off-topic, I think sports can easily be implemented in Pokemon for the simple fact that this really isn't a new concept.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Does it make sense for X and Y to return for the Sword and Shield arcs? Galar is based on the UK, a European country like Kalos which is based on France and rumors said that the Galar region might be closer to Kalos.

Last edited:

shoz999

Does it make sense for X and Y to return for the Sword and Shield arcs? Galar is based on the UK, a European country like Kalos which is based on France and rumors said that the Galar region might be closer to Kalos.
Honestly it's really all up to the games at this point if Kalos appears or is mentioned that it's nearby. Still that didn't stopped Red, Green and blue appearing in 6th gen so anything could happen.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Red, Green and Blue returned in Gen 6 to showcase Mega Evolutions. (Which reminds me that they might return in USUM)
Of all the Dexholders X & Y (excluding Sun and Moon for obvious reasons) are the only ones that haven't appear in another chapter, so it would be cool if that happen.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I guess it all depends on how relevant Kalos is to Galar. Perhaps if same way as to how Kanto is to Johto.
Well they might be much older then new kids if had Kusaka made Dexio & Sina made a reference how long since event of kalos arc .

shoz999

Something just hit me. Okay so what if the male protagonist won't get Scobble and the female protagonist won't get Scorbunny but the male protagonist would get Grooky and the female protagonist would get Sobble. As you guys know there's a trend where Pokemon typings rotate.

So naturally most of us think it would be like this.
Sun - Litten
Moon - Rowlet

SS's Male Protag - Sobble
SS'S Fem Protag - Scorbunny

But there's something that most of us seem to have not accounted for. An Adventures adaptation of the Pokemon Let's Go games. So as most of you know, the Let's Go's games starter Pokemon are Pikachu and Eevee BUT the original RGBY starter Pokemon Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle are still available for you to catch as wild or gift Pokemon. Just because the starter Pokemon are Pikachun & Eevee, this doesn't mean that Chase, Elaine and Trace of a potential Pokemon LGPE adaptation could still get them as wild or gift Pokemon alongside their Pikachu or Eevee. If this is the case then it would be more like...

Sun - Litten
Moon - Rowlet

Chase - Squirtle
Elaine - Charmander
Trace - Bulbasaur

SS's Male Protag - Grookey
SS's Fem Protag - Sobble

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
Something just hit me. Okay so what if the male protagonist won't get Scobble and the female protagonist won't get Scorbunny but the male protagonist would get Grooky and the female protagonist would get Sobble. As you guys know there's a trend where Pokemon typings rotate.

So naturally most of us think it would be like this.
Sun - Litten
Moon - Rowlet

SS's Male Protag - Sobble
SS'S Fem Protag - Scorbunny

But there's something that most of us seem to have not accounted for. An Adventures adaptation of the Pokemon Let's Go games. So as most of you know, the Let's Go's games starter Pokemon are Pikachu and Eevee BUT the original RGBY starter Pokemon Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle are still available for you to catch as wild or gift Pokemon. Just because the starter Pokemon are Pikachun & Eevee, this doesn't mean that Chase, Elaine and Trace of a potential Pokemon LGPE adaptation could still get them as wild or gift Pokemon alongside their Pikachu or Eevee. If this is the case then it would be more like...

Sun - Litten
Moon - Rowlet

Chase - Squirtle
Elaine - Charmander
Trace - Bulbasaur

SS's Male Protag - Grookey
SS's Fem Protag - Sobble
That most likely will not happen, because if Kusaka hasn’t announced a Let’s Go arc even now, when the game was released in November, means he’s not doing it. Like, Yamamoto hasn’t even tweeted a SINGLE thing about LGPE.

shoz999

That most likely will not happen, because if Kusaka hasn’t announced a Let’s Go arc even now, when the game was released in November, means he’s not doing it. Like, Yamamoto hasn’t even tweeted a SINGLE thing about LGPE.
Fair enough. Although I don't know about you guys but if Kusaka has the time in the future, I hope he does a "director's cut" for Pokemon Adventures Sun & Moon. That is in some serious need for expansion.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Even if there is a Let's Go Arc, i doubt there will be new dex holders.
Look at Lyra for example, they gave her clothes to Crystal so the same can happen for Red and Blue.

As for the length of the SMUSUM chapter, a mistake that we often make is to compare chapters by the number of released rounds, but if we compare it to other chapters by page count, it's already longer than RGB, Emerald, FRLG, Platinum, HGSS, ORAS and B2W2. I think that most likely will match the XY chapter in terms of content.

Last edited:

shoz999

Honestly I don't think revisiting Kanto would be such a bad idea. I had an idea how a Let's Go story arc might work, it's however similar to the BW arc. It's not fully planned-out of course but just some interesting ideas I had in mind.
  • Chase, Elaine and Trace would all get three separate Pikachu's, three seperate Eevees.
  • Chase would get Squirtle & Flareon, Elaine would get Charmander & Vaporeon and Trace would get Bulbasaur & Jolteon.
  • The original Kanto starters reflect their personalities. Elaine would be kind of like Green Oak's personality, Trace would be like Red's personality and Chase would be like Blue's personality? A male version of Blue is probably a bit harder to imagine so imagine basically a teasing troublemaker/big brother to the group.
  • They travel from Pallet Town, the story takes a similar approach with much more of an emphasis on strategic Gym Battles like the BW arc. The trio also meets constantly that they keep nagging each other how one follows the other.
  • They meet Red, Blue, Green & Yellow. Personally, I'd think Yellow acting like the mentor this time around, since this is a Pokemon Yellow game heavily centered around friendship, would be quite interesting.
  • They get to see what the Gym Leaders have been up to all these years.
  • Trace keeps losing to Chase and Elaine all the time.
  • Instead of taking the pier routes, they head to the Rocky Tunnel and we get to see how Cerise Island has been doing all these years and the Marowak Ghost storyline.
  • Team Rocket arrives, this time Giovanni wants to beat Red and he succeeds in defeating Red as Pokemon Champion.
  • Plot-twist, Trace is the one who faces Giovanni lol. The Plot-twist here is that it turns out this whole time this is actually Trace's story! Not Chase's or Elaine's. You know that popular theory where you, the protagonist, are probably the jerk rival. That's what I'm talking about! Trace defeats Giovanni as the rival reminds Giovanni of Red.
  • Chase and Elaine are eager to battle Trace, the new Pokemon Champion and it cuts off there.

shoz999

I'm pretty sure that the protagonists starters for Let's Go arc are PIKACHU and EEVEE. Not the 3 main Kanto starters.
Ah but you missed something. I did say the starters are Pikachu & Eevee but I'm also thinking that the original Kanto starters aren't far off as gift Pokemon like in the Let's Go games right? Speaking of which, I don't think it's also far off for the three trainers to get Alolan variants lol through trade maybe. Perhaps Trace will get Alolan Marowak somehow, Chase will get Alolan Ninetales, the exclusive of Let's Go Eevee and Elaine will get Alolan Sandslash, the exclusive of Let's Go Pikachu. Also maybe to keep things fresh, Chase, Trace and Elaine don't evolve their Kanto starters.

Chase - Pikachu/Flareon/Squirtle/Alolan Ninetales
Elaine - Pikachu/Vaporeon/Charmander/Alolan Sandslash
Trace - Pikachu/Jolteon/Bulbasaur/Alolan Marowak or... maybe...
Trace (Alternative) - Raichu/Eevee/Bulbasaur/Alolan Marowak

What do you think so far? Personally I don't know about you guys but we really haven't seen a lot of Squirtle in his starter form outside of some cameo's.

Last edited: