• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
What I'm excited for is how distinct Sword's and Shield's personalities are gonna be! PokeSpe always does a good job with making the protagonists unique in their own right, and these two will be no different. Can't wait for the start of SS chapter!

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
So we are likely to get a boy named Sword and a girl named Shield. :D
and as the cycle regarding with their starters. Sword will receive a water type since X has grass and Sun has fire. Shield will receive a fire type since Y has water and Moon has grass.

horrahforyou

*Taps foot* AHEM.

OK, given how Pokespe operates, we can at least gather this.

The boy will be "Sword" (or some variation of that) and his Starter will be Sobble.

The girl will be "Shield" and her Starter will be Scorbunny.

Who knows how Grookey will be distributed.

Grookey will most likely obtained by the rival. Like Hau receives Popplio and hopefully not getting another Fennekin treatment.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I really like the idea of the main boy and girl actually having the names "Sword" and "Shield".

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Can't believe we're almost there in Pokespe Gen 8 and the volumes are still at Gen 5.
Even though i would love a Let's Go arc, right now it seems very hard to implement. (Prove me wrong, Kusaka!!, please!)

Can't believe we're almost there in Pokespe Gen 8 and the volumes are still at Gen 5.
Even though i would love a Let's Go arc, right now it seems very hard to implement. (Prove me wrong, Kusaka!!, please!)
well 2020 if august is the tenth anniversary of BW and we need only BW2 to be completed. At this point, i just want the volume to wrap up everything and release the XY and ORAS volumes simultaneously. Less magazines, more delays. I can see a DP remake happen in 2020 or 2021. The year 2020 is going to be phenomenal.

THE TIME HAS COME FOR A NEW FIRE-TYPE FEMALE PROTAGONIST
D0a9ZbBUcAEzyZe.png
Resembles a chespin with chimchar posture. Kind of a common trait when illustrators base their works off from old works.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Like it's anime counterpart, how will Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield Version impact the anime?

Gonna be honest. I thought it was kind of too early until one particular area of discussion just hit me. So let's focus on the most obvious and probably really the only impact here until more information comes out. 100% likely to happen, the male protagonist will get Sobble and the female protagonist will get Scorbunny. Thoughts?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Sword and Shield as person's names would be quite curious lol

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I do not like repeating myself, so to remind you one last time.

This thread is for discussing any potential Pokespe adaptation arcs. So please keep the discussion here.

Please do not force me to move more posts here.

Last edited:

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
*Taps foot* AHEM.

OK, given how Pokespe operates, we can at least gather this.

The boy will be "Sword" (or some variation of that) and his Starter will be Sobble.

The girl will be "Shield" and her Starter will be Scorbunny.

Who knows how Grookey will be distributed.
The game will probably make a rival like Hugh or Hau, where Kusaka then can give it to him.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yeesh, X and Y were ridiculous names, lacktwo and whitwo went past any disbelief and went back to hilarious, and now we have sword and shield, which goes even past that

shoz999

I do not like repeating myself, so to remind you one last time.

This thread is for discussing any potential Pokespe adaptation arcs. So please keep the discussion here.

Please do not force me to move more posts here.
Actually I think X, Y, Sword and Shield are fine as they sound like nicknames. In the English version, that's actually what X and Y basically are, short nicknames for Xavier and Yvonne which happen to be Calem and Serena's placeholder names. Now Lacktwo and Whitwo, why? That's like calling the main character of Shrek, Shrektwo. I am so glad the english translations gave them the names Blake and Whitley. Ultra is also a bit odd because it's often used as an adjective to add to something. So yeah. I'm pretty much fine with the names Sword and Shield, if anything it sounds like your stereotypical shonen hero names.

shoz999

There's actually another reason why I felt like focusing on the starters was something worth a discussion thread at the time before lolipiece reminded us that this thread existed. Remember how Gladion said that sometimes it's not the trainers who choose the Pokemon, it's the Pokemon who chooses the trainer. It's another way of saying how the Pokemon reflect their Trainers. Sopple is described as a timid somewhat scared Pokemon, so I'd imagine that the male protagonist will start out as a timid somewhat scared person paired with an energetic adventurous female trainer who has Scorbunny.

horrahforyou

In addition, Gyms returning in the new games. I wonder who's going to take up gym battles? Is it Sword or Shield? Who knows? It's been a while since a dexholder participates in Gym Battles to win 8 badges in order to challenge the Elite 4 and the Champion in the Pokemon league. The last one who obtained 8 badges is Black.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I wonder if we actually have a football goal in this for one of the two main characters. I would like to see the male character having a passion for football while the girl goes for the badge quest.

shoz999

Please no football, unless is a single round like the Pokeatlon or the training one in Kalos
I think it'd be pretty cool. Besides, unless it really is the gym battles as people think it is it will be as short as Ruby's Pokemon Contests.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I think it'd be pretty cool. Besides, unless it really is the gym battles as people think it is it will be as short as Ruby's Pokemon Contests.

I'm still trying to figure out how football can be implemented in a Pokemon game. I guess they can make it work.

I can see the female character being the one involved in that.