• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Yeah, I'm trying to read it all! I'm about to start R&S tonight, and I'm really excited about it. And I agree, time flies when I read it as it's so great! Green (the girl) is my absolute favourite so far and I loved her role at the end of GSC. I just want to be done with it all when Sword & Shield start getting released at the very latest.

I remember reading that once B2W2 are done, XY and ORAS will get expanded or reworked slightly? If so, how much gets added?
Honestly no clue how much will get expanded upon. @lolipiece probably has the answer to that or at the very least a good guess. Considering how the release schedule is going, I'd recommend you take your time reading the chapters. This isn't like the anime with a fast release schedule unless of course you want to discuss about the latest chapters in the monthly discussions, then that's a different story.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Honestly no clue how much will get expanded upon. @lolipiece probably has the answer to that or at the very least a good guess. Considering how the release schedule is going, I'd recommend you take your time reading the chapters. This isn't like the anime with a fast release schedule unless of course you want to discuss about the latest chapters in the monthly discussions, then that's a different story.

I want to take my time, but god, it's so good I want to spend almost all of my spare time reading it! But thank you for all answers and advice!

shoz999

Okay. Okay. Okay! So it just hit me. So Leo and Hugh's Sister are having their little adventure and it just hit me. Leo has a Zweilous... so what are the chances the small kid you don't expect much from to have a freaking Hydreigon lol to save the day. It's actually not that far off because not only does Hydreigon pack some firepower, it can travel through air so they'd be able to get by pretty fast in the chapter.

shoz999

Hahaha man! I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THE SWORD & SHIELD CHAPTER! Seeing the rivals right now, I know the character interactions such as the jokes, the serious moments, the friendly chats, the trash talk, the embarrassing moments, the character growth are all just going to be freaking awesome!

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I hope one of the protagonists gets Morpeko. It's Hangry Mode reminds me of Bianca's Oshawot Angry Mode which i found hilarious and i think it's a shame we didn't get to see more of it.
If Morpeko goes to Marnie in this adaptation then i hope she appears frequently, unlike Bianca or Hau.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I think this chapter has a lot of potential to be genuinely great. From what we know about these games, Galar is a unique region with a very competitive, fame-hungry (is that an appropriate term?) culture. The atmosphere of the region alone should be enough to set it apart from previous chapters, and I think there’s a goldmine of compelling character relationships to be explored in Spe just thinking about Galar’s themes.

Another positive is that with SM ending soon- and BW2 looking not too far behind- there can be much more focus on just SwSh alone. What ultimately caused SM’s dip in focus and writing was most likely the strain of having to finish both new BW2 rounds and well as SM ones in time, so with that weight off both Kusaka and Yamamoto, the quality of the chapters will undoubtedly increase.

shoz999

I think this chapter has a lot of potential to be genuinely great. From what we know about these games, Galar is a unique region with a very competitive, fame-hungry (is that an appropriate term?) culture. The atmosphere of the region alone should be enough to set it apart from previous chapters, and I think there’s a goldmine of compelling character relationships to be explored in Spe just thinking about Galar’s themes.

Another positive is that with SM ending soon- and BW2 looking not too far behind- there can be much more focus on just SwSh alone. What ultimately caused SM’s dip in focus and writing was most likely the strain of having to finish both new BW2 rounds and well as SM ones in time, so with that weight off both Kusaka and Yamamoto, the quality of the chapters will undoubtedly increase.
I believe that's the major theme of the region that GameFreak planned about Galar that they want to explore a region where every trainer wants to be the very best. Although from the looks of it having three rivals, I'd say this manga is going to once again focus only on two main characters as opposed to the usual three. In some ways it reminds me of SM where they had Hau and Gladion, Hau's screentime being small even though he was given a spot as a major character on the calendar. I really hope SM and BW2 is finished by the time of SwSh's release.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I believe that's the major theme of the region that GameFreak planned about Galar that they want to explore a region where every trainer wants to be the very best. Although from the looks of it having three rivals, I'd say this manga is going to once again focus only on two main characters as opposed to the usual three. In some ways it reminds me of SM where they had Hau and Gladion, Hau's screentime being small even though he was given a spot as a major character on the calendar. I really hope SM and BW2 is finished by the time of SwSh's release.

I also hope they can find a way to juggle the rivals decently. With Sword and Shield being duel protags- obviously they’re going to have the bulk of the focus on them- but Bede and Marnie (sorry, Hop) look like such cool characters that I don’t want the manga to waste by having them appear like five times total.

I could see BW2 very closely nearing its finale by the end of the year or maybe even sooner, but I’m not sure about SM. In any case, I hope they’re resolved soon without too much prolonging or stalling.

shoz999

I also hope they can find a way to juggle the rivals decently. With Sword and Shield being duel protags- obviously they’re going to have the bulk of the focus on them- but Bede and Marnie (sorry, Hop) look like such cool characters that I don’t want the manga to waste by having them appear like five times total.

I could see BW2 very closely nearing its finale by the end of the year or maybe even sooner, but I’m not sure about SM. In any case, I hope they’re resolved soon without too much prolonging or stalling.
One thing I can't wait for is the Pokemon battles that Pokemon Adventures will deliver based on the game's material, especially the match-ups. I'm curious how Marnie's Morpeko's battle style will play out. I think it's going to play out like a fast angry ball of fury lol.

ellifeedn

Thinker
There really shouldn't be a problem working on both series. I mean, back in the day they worked on Ruby/Sapphire, FR/LG, and Emerald at the same time in 3 different magazines. I could understand if they were slowing down because of age, but I haven't heard anything that indicates that. Part of me feels like they're struggling to get their chapters released than making them.

On a different note, wasn't Marnie also the name of that one trainer in Platinum that had a connection to Shaymin?

ShadowForce720

There really shouldn't be a problem working on both series. I mean, back in the day they worked on Ruby/Sapphire, FR/LG, and Emerald at the same time in 3 different magazines. I could understand if they were slowing down because of age, but I haven't heard anything that indicates that. Part of me feels like they're struggling to get their chapters released than making them.

On a different note, wasn't Marnie also the name of that one trainer in Platinum that had a connection to Shaymin?

Wasn't the main reason that Black 2 & White 2 Chapter went on Hiatus for a few years was because they couldn't find a magazine to publish it in?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Wasn't the main reason that Black 2 & White 2 Chapter went on Hiatus for a few years was because they couldn't find a magazine to publish it in?
Yes .

shoz999

I wonder how old are Sword and Shield? It looks like they were around 12-14 years old maybe?
They look in-between Black & White and Sun & Moon, so my guess is that they'll be 12. Older than SM but not in teenage years of Black & White.

Nope. Your thinking of Marley, one of the stat trainers. On a side note, struggling to release their chapters than making them... huh. That never occurred to me as a possibility. That's a worrying thought because that probably means even after SMUSUM and BW2 are finished, SwSh could still be affected by a slow release.

On another note, it just hit me. I wonder if the action in Pokemon Adventures SwSh might be different considering that the Gyms are themed around sports. I don't know but I have a feeling Pokemon battles are going to have some kind of football-feel to it where the Pokemon have to chase the "football", a giant Pokeball, and dynamax to get the advantage but in turn, they have to tackle other Pokemon, block other Pokemon, steal the ball and maybe even have a goalie somehow. Wouldn't that be certainly different but all the more fun if the battles are turned into more of a game. With that kind of action, teamwork and seeing more than one Pokemon in action would be more common in Pokemon Adventures and might even be considered in team-building. Not to mention it's a great way to show multiple newer Pokemon in quick time.

ShadowForce720

They look in-between Black & White and Sun & Moon, so my guess is that they'll be 12. Older than SM but not in teenage years of Black & White.

Nope. Your thinking of Marley, one of the stat trainers. On a side note, struggling to release their chapters than making them... huh. That never occurred to me as a possibility. That's a worrying thought because that probably means even after SMUSUM and BW2 are finished, SwSh could still be affected by a slow release.

On another note, it just hit me. I wonder if the action in Pokemon Adventures SwSh might be different considering that the Gyms are themed around sports. I don't know but I have a feeling Pokemon battles are going to have some kind of football-feel to it where the Pokemon have to chase the "football", a giant Pokeball, and dynamax to get the advantage but in turn, they have to tackle other Pokemon, block other Pokemon, steal the ball and maybe even have a goalie somehow. Wouldn't that be certainly different but all the more fun if the battles are turned into more of a game. With that kind of action, teamwork and seeing more than one Pokemon in action would be more common in Pokemon Adventures and might even be considered in team-building. Not to mention it's a great way to show multiple newer Pokemon in quick time.

Do you think in Pokemon Adventures/Special Sword and Shield Chapter that both Sword and Shield will do gym battles?

shoz999

Do you think in Pokemon Adventures/Special Sword and Shield Chapter that both Sword and Shield will do gym battles?
I can see that Sword & Shield could both do Gym Battles but we won't see both of them do the same Gym battle but rather if Sword already beat the Grass Gym Leader, seconds later we see that Shield has mentioned that she already beat the Grass Gym Leader off-screen and later we see Shield battling the Water Gym Leader but we also later see Sword saying he's already defeated the Water Gym Leader to save up story time. Now what's interesting is that their are multiple Gym Leaders and we could see both protagonists fight different seperate Gym Leaders, like diverging Gym Leader routes if that makes sense, rather than have both protagonists battle the same Gym Leader with one claiming they already defeated him while we see the other battling the Gym Leader on-screen. However I wouldn't be too surprised if the writer would reduce the Gym Leader's role to more like GSC where they support the characters over battling them and supporting them.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if the writer decides to give a different role to Sword or Shield. Considering there is Pokejobs, that's one area the writer may be interested in exploring but man oh man... it's been years since we've had a rivalry centered around Gym Battles.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

Hmmm..... Maybe doing gym battles alternatively. For Example Sword (Victor) takes the 1st gym leader , then Shield (Gloria) takes the 2nd gym , the Sword takes the 3rd one and so on

e9310103838

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if the writer decides to give a different role to Sword or Shield. Considering there is Pokejobs, that's one area the writer may be interested in exploring but man oh man... it's been years since we've had a rivalry centered around Gym Battles.

That is what White and Sun are doing XD

shoz999

Oh yeah. You know what else we should speculate on? The mystery of Pokemon Sword & Shield! If you guys haven't noticed one of the reasons why some people see Pokemon Adventures as a light-hearted JoJo's Bizarre Adventures is the big emphasis on mystery, each arc having some kind of big mystery usually revolving around the identity of the true villainous mastermind or some legendary Pokemon.

With what's confirmed, hinted at and the rumors of an "evil" legendary Pokemon, I'm curious what the big mystery for the games & Adventures will be, especially can't wait to see what Bede does and what the Chairman's secret role is in the games.