• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Do you still think that the SwSh chapter debuts by the time the games launch?

There still a lot of unsolved issues going on in SM chapters, and BW2 wasn't even near it's finale.

I'm a little bit worry that SwSh might delay to next year

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Even if USUM it's not done by then..they will definitely end it prematurely by November and perhaps include any additional story by the time it's released in volume form. B2W2 can still go on in Sunday Web Every.

The chapter for each new generation always starts on time.

One thing is for sure, 2020 is the year where we will see more frequent volume releases.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I don't know about you guys but I think the BW2 arc is going to end with Black realizing Iris, his rival in the BW arc, is now the Pokemon Champion wondering what happened while he was gone lol and it's either going to end with Black collecting the eight badges again at the World Pokemon Tournament in one place or they are going to skip all that and give Black a chance to become Pokemon Champion again by battling Iris right away but similar to the Emerald tournament at the end, this is going to be cut away and were going to see a subtle hint that Black may have become Unova's next Pokemon Champion.

Lucky3

Do you still think that the SwSh chapter debuts by the time the games launch?

There still a lot of unsolved issues going on in SM chapters, and BW2 wasn't even near it's finale.

I'm a little bit worry that SwSh might delay to next year
BW2 doesn't really matter since SwSh would be in CoroCoro, and I don't see enough material in SMUSUM to fill another volume after 6. It's at the climax already, and it looks like the 'villain' is about to enter its final form. They'll just rush it if they have to and add whatever they need in the volume, as per tradition.

That said, there should be three chapters left, and that means it'll go on until the end of November. So SwSh still won't be on time unless they do a short prologue that same month like they already did with SM.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
So we’ve essentially had three variations- Blue/Green, Sapphire/Ruby, Y/X- of the “strong-willed adventurous girl/calm moody serious boy” dynamic so far; and with the starters predicted for Shield and Sword, we’re probably getting something akin to that again. I like the dynamic so I don’t have an issue with that, but I want to see some variety thrown in there. Making Sword a bit of a nervous crybaby like Sobble would be really the first time we’ve ever seen a Dexholder like that, and it’d be a nice message to see him overcome that during the story. Having Shield be outwardly cheerful and headstrong but inwardly putting up a facade of sorts would be an interesting counter to Sword; as we’ve never really had a female Dexholder like that either. Most of the time their personalities match up with their starters, so I’d expect something at least a little similar.

I’m super excited for this chapter. There’s a lot of interesting characters and plot points to work with; I hope Kusaka can get his groove back with it.

e9310103838

I think SM/USUM will not get a real end for the time being. Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora, and Meltan have not appeared yet. Mohn may get more plot. Kanto dex holders and Colress also have not appeared yet. There is no further explanation about Anabel's Faller identity. And it skipped the Ultra Ruin and did not mention, I think it might be mentioned later. And of course Team Rainbow Rocket is still not introduced. I doubt whether it has a way to join its in just one chapter. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
if we follow the trends , grookey would be the starter taht didnt owned by the dex holder
i wonder why kusaka since XY didn't use any rival to become dex holder :(

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Because time constraints made it nearly hard to focus on two main characters, let alone a third.

Hopefully once B2W2 is over, they can use the free time to develop Hop or whoever gets the third starter.

shoz999

Saw the new Sword & Shield trailer which features camping and cooking and I have a new theory that one of the main characters is going to be some kind of chef, more specifically some kind of "gourmet hunter" lol. Now it may seem silly but I think this would be the perfect excuse for Pokemon Adventures to explore the wild area, where one of the characters would explore and search for the best ingredients across the Wild Area since the catching speciality has already been done by Krys. Not only that but Gen 8 has food-themed Pokemon lol like Alcremie, Cramorant and Polteagist that would be perfect to create a food-themed Pokemon team.

Chicorii

Because time constraints made it nearly hard to focus on two main characters, let alone a third.

Hopefully once B2W2 is over, they can use the free time to develop Hop or whoever gets the third starter.
In my opinion it's because there's no third version since Platinum anymore (only pairs of sequels, remakes and "third" version) and since Pokédex Holders are always named after the games, there's no game from which he/she may get a name.
Also since V generation, Game Freak makes only two pairs of games per generation and since I think we will get Diamond/Pearl remakes in VIII gen, there won't be second pair of games in Galar region. It's only my prediction of course, but I think it's the most likely.

Hello everyone. It's my first post on this forum, but I'm lurking here for longer time. I mean only this part of Serebii forum, since there's the most discussions about Pokéspe and other Pokémon mangas, at least in English language. I'm female Polish Pokémon fan since 2000. But because my English is very limited, I don't think I will post much here.

e9310103838

In my opinion it's because there's no third version since Platinum anymore (only pairs of sequels, remakes and "third" version) and since Pokédex Holders are always named after the games, there's no game from which he/she may get a name.
Also since V generation, Game Freak makes only two pairs of games per generation and since I think we will get Diamond/Pearl remakes in VIII gen, there won't be second pair of games in Galar region. It's only my prediction of course, but I think it's the most likely.

Hello everyone. It's my first post on this forum, but I'm lurking here for longer time. I mean only this part of Serebii forum, since there's the most discussions about Pokéspe and other Pokémon mangas, at least in English language. I'm female Polish Pokémon fan since 2000. But because my English is very limited, I don't think I will post much here.

And they are all characters that cannot be named. I am curious if one day the starting versions has a rival can be named, will Kusaka does it like he does to Hugh? :rolleyes:

-----------------------

About Sword and Shield, I have some ideas:

Sword is a wild boy who hasn't found what he wants to do yet. Hop is his childhood friend. And Shield is a self-assured, strong, and approachable trainer and aims to challenge the league. Sword crush on her at first sight.

Or Sword is a hot blood boy and proficient in Pokemon battle. Shield is his childhood friend and crazy crush on him. :D

Last edited:

shoz999

Been watching Demon Slayer and you know what would be a fun character to serve as an inspiration for Sword's character?

f1285f0f-38fc-4057-8050-0799e26c6b01.jpg

The cowardly badass Zenitsu! This isn't really a new character archetype in manga/anime but it's certainly one that Pokemon has never EVER done that it would be so much fun to see such a character inhabit the Pokemon world.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Been watching Demon Slayer and you know what would be a fun character to serve as an inspiration for Sword's character?

f1285f0f-38fc-4057-8050-0799e26c6b01.jpg

The cowardly badass Zenitsu! This isn't really a new character archetype in manga/anime but it's certainly one that Pokemon has never EVER done that it would be so much fun to see such a character inhabit the Pokemon world.

I can see this being really likely. Sobble is obviously going to evolve into a badass who isn’t scared anymore, so it’d be cool to see that represented in the character.

Side note, Zenitsu is best boy.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
And they are all characters that cannot be named. I am curious if one day the starting versions has a rival can be named, will Kusaka does it like he does to Hugh? :rolleyes:

-----------------------

About Sword and Shield, I have some ideas:

Sword is a wild boy who hasn't found what he wants to do yet. Hop is his childhood friend. And Shield is a self-assured, strong, and approachable trainer and aims to challenge the league. Sword crush on her at first sight.

Or Sword is a hot blood boy and proficient in Pokemon battle. Shield is his childhood friend and crazy crush on him. :D

I think I like the idea of having a romantic subplot again after Ruby and Sapphire.

If Sword's character played as the coward, crybaby like Sobble then Shield played the active, athletic one like Scorbunny

Last edited:

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I do kind of want another romantic subplot again. Black and White are pretty heavily implied, and there are some hints there for X and Y. But nothing is as overt as Ruby and Sapphire admitting they like each other when they’re about to go off and save the world lmao

I like the idea of Sword crushing on Shield, since we had the opposite the last time. Whatever they do with the characters, I hope they have a unique dynamic.

shoz999

I do kind of want another romantic subplot again. Black and White are pretty heavily implied, and there are some hints there for X and Y. But nothing is as overt as Ruby and Sapphire admitting they like each other when they’re about to go off and save the world lmao

I like the idea of Sword crushing on Shield, since we had the opposite the last time. Whatever they do with the characters, I hope they have a unique dynamic.
It has to be something unique from RS. For example, what if they surprise the readers through a Zenitsu-like Sword constantly confessing to Shield only to be turned down with a foot to the face lol, classic manga/anime lol.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
It has to be something unique from RS. For example, what if they surprise the readers through a Zenitsu-like Sword constantly confessing to Shield only to be turned down with a foot to the face lol, classic manga/anime lol.

That’d be a cute “tough love” kind of gag, but it could get annoying after a while. Having Shield be a Misty-like character could be fun though. But I agree, if they want to be overt about it then it should be a different dynamic than RS.

shoz999

sirfetch'd.png

Sirfetch'd was finally revealed. If Adventures Sword & Shield is anything like Adventures Sun & Moon, we should expect both protagonists to have at least one Galarian form of older Pokemon and since Kusaka likes to introduce new mechanics from the games quite often, I don't think it's that far off for both Sword & Shield to have an new evolution of a Galarian form. With that being said, Sirfetch'd seems like an obvious Pokemon team member for either Sword or Shield. For Shield, the female trainer, Sirfetch'd could be the loyal "knight" that respects his/her trainer while for Sword, the male trainer, Sirfetch'd could be the brave "knight" who constantly pushes the potentially cowardly Sword out of indecisiveness and has to do everything around here lol.

A lot of directions this Pokemon could go for the manga.

Pokemon.Manga

sirfetch'd.png

Sirfetch'd was finally revealed. If Adventures Sword & Shield is anything like Adventures Sun & Moon, we should expect both protagonists to have at least one Galarian form of older Pokemon and since Kusaka likes to introduce new mechanics from the games quite often, I don't think it's that far off for both Sword & Shield to have an new evolution of a Galarian form. With that being said, Sirfetch'd seems like an obvious Pokemon team member for either Sword or Shield. For Shield, the female trainer, Sirfetch'd could be the loyal "knight" that respects his/her trainer while for Sword, the male trainer, Sirfetch'd could be the brave "knight" who constantly pushes the potentially cowardly Sword out of indecisiveness and has to do everything around here lol.

A lot of directions this Pokemon could go for the manga.
My first thought when I saw Sirfetch'd is that it would definitely be on either Sword's or shield's team. It fits that first pokemon type role as well for them.