• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I wondered if this being a manga .....it would allow to be crossovers with Pocket Monsters special ?

There have been several manga based on the anime (not counting the yearly movie adaptations). This is just the first one since DP, I think.

I doesn't really indicate anything.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh. I just thought of a main character potential that Pokemon Adventures has without a doubt never done and would be cool to see animated one day. A musician, specifically someone who can play the piano.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
As some people were upset about Let's go Trio (player characters+Trace) what if they end up as a cameo of Red/Green/Blue students having a Pikachu, Eevee and Mowth, all of which can Gigantomax?

Konja7

As some people were upset about Let's go Trio (player characters+Trace) what if they end up as a cameo of Red/Green/Blue students having a Pikachu, Eevee and Mowth, all of which can Gigantomax?

If this happen, I wonder what the names of the protagonists would be.

I guess they could use Chase and Elaine

Or they could create new names like the case of Yellow (in Japan, the game was named Pokemon Pikachu, not Pokemon Yellow).

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
If this happen, I wonder what the names of the protagonists would be.

I guess they could use Chase and Elaine

Or they could create new names like the case of Yellow (in Japan, the game was named Pokemon Pikachu, not Pokemon Yellow).
They can always name them 1. Let 2. Us 3. Go :-D

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If the speculations of a corrupt league organization is true I'll love for one of the main characters to be part of it in the starting and then break free.

shoz999

I'm not sure if I said this before but you know what else I look forward to seeing the player characters come alive in the pages of this comic book? The facial expressions! I just love the diverse range of facial expressions Pokemon Adventures delivers. When you saw Elio and Selene make their first appearance, you pretty much only saw smiles but nothing like anger, sadness, confusion, embarrassing faces right? Then Pokemon Adventures comes in and shows you how it works! Same thing for Sword & Shield. You can kind of imagine it but you can't physically see it until Adventures Sword & Shield debuts!

shoz999

G-SANtos

I don't have time to post all my theories now, but there's one thing Yamamoto tweeted that drew my attention and I don't see anyone else talking about it. I want to point it out because it implies Kusaka's doing something I kinda thought he would do and wanted him to do, and even considered starting an online petition, but didn't have much time and decided it wasn't worthy it. But that he might doing anyway.
https://twitter.com/satoshi_swalot/status/1189432398015942656
Yamamoto said he has finished the cover illustration for the new arc and talked about "Tatezō-kun" and "Hokko-chan", noting they are pseudonyms for the characters. Someone asked if they are "Sword-kun and Shield-chan", and Yamamoto once again said "Tatezō-kun (pseudonym) and Hokko-chan (pseudonym)".

At first glance, that doesn't seem like anything relevant. They're names derived from words for "sword" and "shield". "-zō" is a suffix used in male names, and usually means "three" and "-ko" is a suffix used in female names, and means "child". Nothing unusual, right?

But here's the thing, "tate" (盾) means "shield" and "hō/hou" (鋒) means "dagger; sword's point". The male name is the one derived from "shield" and the female name is the one derived from "sword".
In other words, Yamamoto seems to be implying that, contrary to what everyone expects and literally every precedent in this manga, Sword is going to be the girl and Shield is going to be the boy.

If that is correct, there's a chance the girl is the protagonist this name. And if they are going to avert the usual naming pattern, then that puts into question the Starter rotation cycle as well. Could the girl be the one with Sobble and the boy the one with Scorbunny?

Saw the new Sword & Shield trailer which features camping and cooking and I have a new theory that one of the main characters is going to be some kind of chef, more specifically some kind of "gourmet hunter" lol. Now it may seem silly but I think this would be the perfect excuse for Pokemon Adventures to explore the wild area, where one of the characters would explore and search for the best ingredients across the Wild Area since the catching speciality has already been done by Krys. Not only that but Gen 8 has food-themed Pokemon lol like Alcremie, Cramorant and Polteagist that would be perfect to create a food-themed Pokemon team.
I had a similar theory as far back as the Treehouse live stream when it was shown "A Bag of Potatoes" as an item. Specifically, my theory was that one of the protagonists is going to be the other's hired chef.

Though, for Alcremie, I actually want Hop to it because its Japanese name is Mahoipu. However, considering Alcremie has multiple flavors, it's likely going to be owned by multiple characters.

shoz999

I don't have time to post all my theories now, but there's one thing Yamamoto tweeted that drew my attention and I don't see anyone else talking about it. I want to point it out because it implies Kusaka's doing something I kinda thought he would do and wanted him to do, and even considered starting an online petition, but didn't have much time and decided it wasn't worthy it. But that he might doing anyway.
Yamamoto said he has finished the cover illustration for the new arc and talked about "Tatezō-kun" and "Hokko-chan", noting they are pseudonyms for the characters. Someone asked if they are "Sword-kun and Shield-chan", and Yamamoto once again said "Tatezō-kun (pseudonym) and Hokko-chan (pseudonym)".

At first glance, that doesn't seem like anything relevant. They're names derived from words for "sword" and "shield". "-zō" is a suffix used in male names, and usually means "three" and "-ko" is a suffix used in female names, and means "child". Nothing unusual, right?

But here's the thing, "tate" (盾) means "shield" and "hō/hou" (鋒) means "dagger; sword's point". The male name is the one derived from "shield" and the female name is the one derived from "sword".
In other words, Yamamoto seems to be implying that, contrary to what everyone expects and literally every precedent in this manga, Sword is going to be the girl and Shield is going to be the boy.

If that is correct, there's a chance the girl is the protagonist this name. And if they are going to avert the usual naming pattern, then that puts into question the Starter rotation cycle as well. Could the girl be the one with Sobble and the boy the one with Scorbunny?

I had a similar theory as far back as the Treehouse live stream when it was shown "A Bag of Potatoes" as an item. Specifically, my theory was that one of the protagonists is going to be the other's hired chef.

Though, for Alcremie, I actually want Hop to it because its Japanese name is Mahoipu. However, considering Alcremie has multiple flavors, it's likely going to be owned by multiple characters.
That would be funny if it turned out true because I originally thought the boy was Shield and the girl was Sword before they revealed who was who in the demo as default names.

shadowF

When will the new arc come out? Also I still think that the boy will end up with Sobble and the girl will end up with Scorbunny, just the names might be switched.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
A few days after the new game released

Sword and Shield is out today and I'm pretty excited that the new generation chapter will be out just a few days away.

Last edited by a moderator:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So from what I'm gathering, we received a sketch of our new protags in CoroCoro. The arc will start in Ichiban, as usual, of course.

EJafpIoU4AACQeE.jpg

What's interesting is the scans refer to our male protagonist as "Meister", which is most likely not a name, but an indicator he's talented at something. What that is, we'll have to wait to find out.

horrahforyou

So from what I'm gathering, we received a sketch of our new protags in CoroCoro. The arc will start in Ichiban, as usual, of course.

EJafpIoU4AACQeE.jpg

What's interesting is the scans refer to our male protagonist as "Meister", which is most likely not a name, but an indicator he's talented at something. What that is, we'll have to wait to find out.

At first glance I thought they were Ruby and Sapphire (until I took a closer look), and the boy's bonnet looks a bit similar to Ruby's.

Last edited:

Konja7

EJafpIoU4AACQeE.jpg

Sword (?) looks cooler than I expected. He looks pretty good.

Shield (?) seems to be a cute girl.

Pokemon.Manga

EJafpIoU4AACQeE.jpg

i think whatever Sword(?) will be a master in whatever will have to do with curry making to reflect the curry making mechanic in the games. His team will probably have to do with serving food or something like it.

horrahforyou

Sword (?) looks cooler than I expected. He looks pretty good.

Shield (?) seems to be a cute girl.

Still, the boy's name is SWORD while girl's name is SHIELD. It seems the tradition of giving names for new protagonists wasn't broke after all

Last edited:

shoz999

I was really hoping for an angry scottish lass but it appears they are going for a sweet scottish Dawn. I'm actually not only pretty okay with this but looking forward to what appears to be her enthusiastic personality. Also I can see the artist saw the trailer featuring the sparkled eyes "This is delicious" look from the games, the part where they introduce the curry, and did his own sketch. I wonder if his skill will be cooking which would be fun to have a cooking-themed Pokemon adventure!