• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

Pokemon.Manga

Pokemon HOME is offically out. I wonder if Kusaka will add Grand Oak to the manga. I hope he does. It would be funny to see how he will be related to Samson and Oak.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Pokemon HOME is offically out. I wonder if Kusaka will add Grand Oak to the manga. I hope he does. It would be funny to see how he will be related to Samson and Oak.
I always just saw him as just a way more older Oak, given how bony he is. Never thought of him as a separate Oak till now.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
If Kusaka can plan it out properly then Grand Oak can appear whenever he decides to cover the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra. I'm very interested in how Meltan, Melmetal, and the new Mythical will be incorporated.

shoz999

If Kusaka can plan it out properly then Grand Oak can appear whenever he decides to cover the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra. I'm very interested in how Meltan, Melmetal, and the new Mythical will be incorporated.
It just hit me. That's how they can introduce Meltan and Melmetal, through Grand Oak who is basically the mascot of Pokemon HOME.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Given that Brigette didn't return when Bank came out (though I fully expect a cameo in the full volumes), I can't see Grand Oak appearing that much.

And Storage System developers rarely play major roles, so he'll probably be a cameo like Hayley or Bebe.

shoz999

Given that Brigette didn't return when Bank came out (though I fully expect a cameo in the full volumes), I can't see Grand Oak appearing that much.

And Storage System developers rarely play major roles, so he'll probably be a cameo like Hayley or Bebe.
If it were up to me, I'd keep it as a cameo but keep the dialogue at a minimum and mention no relation to the original Oak because as of now fans have no idea if Grand Oak is Prof. Oak, a relative or perhaps a Rick clone that came Back from the Future.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
You know, i was re-reading the XY chapter in preparation for the full volume releases, and i always found odd that Mewtwo didn't recognize Green (or Blue, depending on your preference) when fighting at the Pokemon Village. He also never communicated telepathically to him or Blaine. Also when Mewtwo used Psystrike, Green/Blue recognized the attack as if he had seen it before.

I'm looking forward to them explaining how Mewtwo ended up there, which means that most likely there will be a passing mention of Sird.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You know, i was re-reading the XY chapter in preparation for the full volume releases, and i always found odd that Mewtwo didn't recognize Green (or Blue, depending on your preference) when fighting at the Pokemon Village.

He was in a blind rage, which he got over pretty quickly.

He also never communicated telepathically to him or Blaine.

Telepathy works differently in Spe than it does in the anime.

In the anime, a Pokemon broadcasts its thoughts like a speaker, so essentially it's talking without the use of vocal chords and its mouth.

In Spe, the Pokemon beams its thoughts into a target's brain, so only that person can hear what it's saying. (For example, Todd couldn't hear Latias' thoughts until she allowed him to).

Mewtwo explicitly stated he only speaks to those he trusts, and those people are Red, Yellow, and Blaine. Giovanni was an exception, and he only allowed Green to hear him to get freed from the armor Giovanni trapped him, so he probably doesn't fully trust him yet.

So, it probably could've spoken to Blaine, the others (including the reader) just didn't hear it.

Also when Mewtwo used Psystrike, Green/Blue recognized the attack as if he had seen it before.

I mean, Mewtwo basically did the exact same thing during the Deoxys fight.

Maybe Red named the attack and told him about it. Like how Super Rising Thunder was retconned into Volt Tackle.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just saw that Go's Scorbunny is evolving into a Raboot in the next couple of episodes. While I was surprised at first, it does make sense because Raboot's aloof personality does fit with Go's backstory and character development. So it got me thinking . . .
Do you think Schilly will go through some depression arc in the manga to line up with her Scorbunny evolving into Raboot?

I know she's got a perky genki girl personality right now, which lines up with Scorbunny's personality, but I'm wondering if something's going to happen to Schilly to turn her into a bit of a pessimist, and Scorbunny evolving could relate to what she may be going through. Then, Raboot could evolve into Cinderace once Schilly overcomes her depression arc and gains her confidence back.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Without spoiling anything I will definitely say that Kusaka has a lot he can work with when it comes to detailing the Isle of Armor alone. I'm very excited how he will incorporate the new characters and Pokemon into the plot because they definitely can work within the game's main plot

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I can see an Isle of Armor bit focusing on Marvin trying to get stronger or something like that.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Do you all think that Sodo and Shirudomiria will get Kubfu and challenge Tower of Two Fists before the Champion's Cup?

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Here's a list of important named characters in Sword/Shield. How big of an influence do you think each character will have on the overall plot and what Pokemon do you think they may use? I'll list my takes below:

Sōdo Tsurugi: Ransun (Sirfetch'd), Sutikkun (Rillaboom, Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Tekkostun (Conkeldurr), Mr. Rime, Aegislash, Zacian (Crowned) - Main Character/Dex Holder

Shirudomiria Tate: Cinderace (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Giga (Falinks), Tera (Toxtricity), Peta (Eiscue), Mega (Galarian Stunfisk), Kilo (Barraskewda), Zamazenta (Crowned) - Main Character/Dex Holder

Marvin: Namida- Kun (Inteleon) (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Roserade, Eldegoss, Cramorant, Steelix, Urshifu (Single Strike Style) - Main Character/Dex Holder

Professor Magnolia: Skovet, Greedent - Regional Professor/Prominent Supporting Character

Professor Sonia: Boltund, Corviknight - Regional Professor/Prominent Supporting Character

Hop: Dubwool, Corvikight, Snorlax, Blastoise (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Heatmor, Trevanant - Rival/Professor's Assistant/Prominent Supporting Character

Bede: Hattrene (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Gardevoir, Galarian Rapidash, Mawile, Sylveon, Gothitelle - Rival/Semi Antagonist turned Prominent Supporting Character

Marnie: Morpeko, Grimmsnarl (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Liepard, Scrafty, Toxicroak, Obstagoon - Rival/Semi Antagonist turned Prominent Supporting Character

Leon: Charizard (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Haxorous, Dragapult, Rhyperior, Mr. Rime, Seismitoad - Champion/Battle Tower Master/Prominent Supporting Character

Milo: Gossifluer, Eldegoss, Flapple/Appletun (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Dubwool - Gym Leader/Minor Supporting Character

Nessa: Toxapex, Drednaw (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Basculin - Gym Leader/Minor Supporting Character

Kabu: Ninetails, Flareon, Centiskorch (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Gym Leader/Minor Supporting Character

Bea: Mienshao, Grapploct, Machamp (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Gym Leader/Minor Supporting Character

Allister: Polteageist, Cursola, Genger (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Gym Leader/Minor Supporting Character

Opal: Galarian Weezing, Togekiss, Alcremie (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Gym Leader/Supporting Character

Gordie: Barbaracle, Stonjourner, Coalossal (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Gym Leader/Supporting Character

Melony: Frosmoth, Galarian Darmanitan, Lapras (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Gym Leader/ Supporting Character

Piers: Skuntank, Malamar, Toxtricity, Obstagoon - Gym Leader/Semi Antagonist turned Prominent Supporting Character

Raihan: Flygon, Goodra, Duraludon (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Gym Leader/Prominent Supporting Character

Klara: Drapion, Scolipede, Galarian Slowbro, Toxtricity (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Rival/Semi Antagonist

Avery: Swoobat, Alakazam, Galarian Slowbro, Orbeetle (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Rival/Semi Antagonist

Mustard: Urshifu (Rapid Strike Style) (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Luxray, Meinshao - Prominent Supporting Character

Honey: Venasaur (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Gallade, Salazzle - Prominent Supporting Character

Hyde: Porygon, Cramorant - Supporting Character

Peony: Melmetal (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Prominent Supporting Character

Peony's Daughter: Befriends Zarude (goes into its cape form) - Prominent Supporting Character

Oleana: Froslass, Tsareena, Milotic, Garbodor (Possesses Gigantamax Factor) - Major Antagonist

Chairman Rose: Perrserker, Klingklang, Escavalier, Ferrothorn, Copperajah (Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Eternatus (Eternamax) - Major Antagonist

Sordward: Sirfetch'd, Golisopod, Aegislash, Bisharp, Zacian (Temporarily) - Major Antagonist

Shieldbert: Falinks, Bronzong, Aegislah, Klingklang, Zamazenta (Temporarily) - Major Antagonist

Sordward & Shieldbert's spy: Beheeyem - Minor Antagonist

Jack the shopkeeper: Indeedee (Male & Female) - Minor Character

Dan the Gym Guide: Minor Character

Cara Liss: Dracozolt, Arctozolt, Dracovish, Arctovish - Minor Character

Ball Guy: Minor Supporting Character

Digging Duo/Digging Ma & Pa: Minor Characters

Brandon: Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regieleki, Regidrago: Frontier Brain/Supporting Character

Palmer: Cresselia, Milotic, Dragonite, Rampardos: Frontier Brain/Supporting Character

Diamond: Lax (Snorlax, Possesses Gigantamax Factor), Tru (Torterra), Don (Bastidon), Kit (Lickilicky), Moo (Mamoswine), Reg (Regigigas), Rotom - Dex Holder/Prominent Supporting Character

Pearl: Chatler (Chatot), Chimler (Infernape), Rayler (Luxray), Zeller (Floatzel), Tauler (Tauros), Digler (Dugtrio) - Dex Holder/Prominent Supporting Character

Platinum Berlitz: Rapidash, Empoleon, Lopunny, Froslass, Cherrim, Pachirisu - Dex Holder/Prominent Supporting Character

Ultra Recon Squad: Poipole, Naganadel, Necrozma - Prominent Supporting Characters

Grand Oak: Meltan - Supporting Character

Galarian Bird Trio - Antagonists

Calyrex - Prominent Supporting Character

Unnamed New Legendaries - Prominent Supporting Characters

Last edited:

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
I can see Kusaka adapt the Legends storyline instead of BDSP. Hopefully we'll see Moon returning as well because she has a Rowlet (now a Decidueye) and answering the question about her relationship to Platinum .

Last edited:

Pokemon.Manga

You know, even if Kusaka had the time to make another arc, I can't see the point of doing one for BDSP. Legends on the other hand.
BDSP will definitely have new content to adapt for an arc. The Pokeathlon and Cynthia event were used for HGSS so I think Kusaka will be able to do a short arc where the sinnoh trio come back for a little bit and try new features from the games. Legends looks good but I can't see a prequel connecting to the main series. At most we may get flashbacks to the Berlitz family and Diamond and Platinum's ancestors but an entire arc seems like too much.

Last edited: