• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

Lucky3

I hope the new Let's Go protagonists show up in the manga. They could be students of Yelllow or even Red.

http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1527653200800.jpg
They legit look like they could be Red's kids XD.

But this new games seem to be more a Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution kind of deal than main series games, even if they're calling them Yellow remakes (Yellow was always a special case, anyway). I doubt they'll get an arc over USUM.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
But this new games seem to be more a Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution kind of deal than main series games, even if they're calling them Yellow remakes (Yellow was always a special case, anyway). I doubt they'll get an arc over USUM.

These are officially main series games.

...Has any actual official source stated these were remakes of Yellow? Because as far as I can see, there's no real Yellow influence outside of Pikachu (which is debatable since it's the series mascot and all) and the male character looking suspiciously like Ash.

e9310103838

These are officially main series games.

...Has any actual official source stated these were remakes of Yellow? Because as far as I can see, there's no real Yellow influence outside of Pikachu (which is debatable since it's the series mascot and all) and the male character looking suspiciously like Ash.

They did not say that this is a game that remake of Pokemon Yellow. They only said that this is a game adapted from Pokemon Yellow by official website.

PMSP can completely skip this games since this games may not even be the core games.

About Eevee, we got its scene as Y's Pokemon just not long ago. And we will even get it to show itself Z-move in the near future. I don't think Eevee will get any more scene after USUM in the short term.

And Yellow is entirely possible to appear in B2W2/SM/USUM, since we still need her to show Pikachu's Z-move, like we need Sird to show Mega Banette XD. Let Go is not the only way she can appear.

I'm still waiting for the Pokedex holders assembly of the Ultra War :D

Red and Blue

Would be funny if it was revealed Red and Yellow actually hooked up and became a couple. That would please shippers.

iml908

But evolving into Espeon helped it overcome the trauma and pain it suffered when it was experimented on.

To go back just for a new evolution would ruin that.

There is one other alternative. Red's Espeon and Blue's Ditto were implied to have hooked up at the end of the Emerald arc. Maybe the offspring inherited Vee's ability to change into whatever Eeveelution it wants. They could even say it can evolve into all the Eeveelutions if they wanted to be complete.

Pokemon.Manga

PMSP can completely skip this games since this games may not even be the core games.

I hope it does not skip. With the GO! intergration the new chapter can introduce Professor Willow and Candela, Blanche and Spark as the new owers of the Legendary birds after Green released them and whatever the new pokemon for Let's go is could be the main focus and explain the origins of Rainbow Rocket in Alola.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Please, no mobile references outside of a tiny, blink and you'll miss it cameo in PokéSpe. They NEED to ignore it. "Pokémon GO And Pay For Premium Pokémon For The REAL Gen 8 Via Import Chain So We Can Kill All Of Your Past Pokémon From Gen III And Onward" needs to die in a hole.

There won't be a chapter on this, or fan riots will happen.

#PokémonLetsNo

Pokémon GO integration is a no. Spread it far and wide!

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
But evolving into Espeon helped it overcome the trauma and pain it suffered when it was experimented on.

To go back just for a new evolution would ruin that.
I'm probably in the minority with this, considering how many Dex Holders have Eevee, but if this is a Yellow centered arc, I would love to see her get an Eevee, maybe the baby of Red's Espeon, and travel with both that and Chuchu as her main Pokemon. Whatever happens, I really don't want them to add a new trainer(s), and if the trend continues that there's one Dex holder for each version mascot, then another would have to be introduced, which I feel is total overkill.

Oh, and RIP BW2 because now that this arc is coming out probably this year, my man Black is NEVER going to get out of that darn stone :(

lolipiece

Staff member

I hope it does not skip. With the GO! intergration the new chapter can introduce Professor Willow and Candela, Blanche and Spark as the new owers of the Legendary birds after Green released them and whatever the new pokemon for Let's go is could be the main focus and explain the origins of Rainbow Rocket in Alola.

I wish I wouldn't have to keep telling people this. No, this cannot happen. Pokespe is in a tough time right now, with the lack of magazines, delays and whatnot.

SM would have to be axed and finished later just so they can start LGPE, and that's unfair to SM. And given that Gen VIII is coming out next year, that means LGPE would either need to be axed as well or suffer a rushed ending. B2W2 is a shining testament to why we cannot do these things anymore.

The best option is incorporating an element or two into SM.

Oh, and RIP BW2 because now that this arc is coming out probably this year, my man Black is NEVER going to get out of that darn stone :(

Not if they finish it before Novemb-ahahaha! I can't say that with a straight face.

Pokemon.Manga

SM would have to be axed and finished later just so they can start LGPE, and that's unfair to SM. And given that Gen VIII is coming out next year, that means LGPE would either need to be axed as well or suffer a rushed ending

Is there a chance that LGPE could be released online like ORAS though?

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member

Is there a chance that LGPE could be released online like ORAS though?

No. An online release won't solve any of that. B2W2 would have to be axed as well.

Also, ORAS ended just before SM was released. Assuming they do the same here, then a LGPE arc would end before Gen VIII, so it would only last about a year.

And that's assuming a LGPE arc would even start in November like the games. Arcs based on third versions and remakes usually come out a few months after the respective games are released.

With this info, a LGPE arc would have maybe 10 or so chapters at best. Honestly, that's not worth it in the slightest. Pokespe's in a bad situation with its release schedule right now. The last thing we need is to make it worse.

e9310103838

Anyway, we wouldn't get volume 54 this year (maybe next year)... :(

USUM will likely be released in the next few months. The longest it launched the new chapter serialization time is one year interval. But I don’t think SM will be stop to serialized, so B2W2... o_O

lolipiece

Staff member
The longest it launched the new chapter serialization time is one year interval. But I don’t think SM will be stop to serialized, so B2W2... o_O

Yeah, but B2W2 had that special chapter. USUM doesn't really have anything.

And honestly, with Necrozma already being mentioned, it's getting increasingly obvious that we're not having a separate arc.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Hopefully this whole BW2 arc release in full Volumes forms before Gen 8 arc came out

Sadly, given BW2's pacing that's highly unlikely. Now, we just hope we won't get a LGPE arc which would mess the release schedule even more without really offering much too.

Lucky3

BW2 could be done in half year with monthly chapters and Gen VII probably won't come until November 2019. It all depends on how long the hiatus is going to be and what happens after it comes back. If SM is going to become USUM like it seems, Gen VIII can replace it in the magazines once it ends and if BW2 is done before that, they could potentially follow up with LGPE in Webry.

lolipiece

Staff member
Because of the issues with B2W2's release schedule, Sun and Moon has basically only had one chapter per month, which is kind of unfair, honestly. Even XY had some extra chapters.
A LGPE arc would just take away potential extra material that could be used to develop the Gen VIII arc, so I question why we would even need one.

Lucky3

Is BW2 really to blame for that, though? IIRC, the extra chapters in XY were from irregular release magazines. There's nothing stopping them from doing something else while BW2 is on hiatus (except for whatever caused it to go on hiatus in the first place, but that can't really be helped anyway, and I was assuming they would've have sorted it out by then).

I don't really think we need a LGPE arc or that it's a good idea. But there could be room for it if they choose to go that route. At least until Shinnoh remakes or whatever come out in 2020.