• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
A new Pokemon Direct has passed. And with it, a new Pokemon game is announced: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon.

While it is possible for Kusaka to have it be one long arc, ala GSC and RS, which was actually called RSE in the magazines, it's entirely possible we could have a separate story, like Pt.

Until it's confirmed, please keep any speculation about an arc based on the upcoming games here.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Disregarding the news about the 'alternate storyline' Ultra SuMo's apparently going to take, I think Sun and Moon will just get updated outfits like HGSS Crystal. The female PC has longer hair, so perhaps Spe will get a short/long timeskip and Ultra SM will be separate from SM like Pt and DP.

Poor Popplio though, it really won't belong to any Dex Holder now.

Red and Blue

They did show a bunch of Pikachu playing around in a certain area. This would be a good opportunity for Yellow to return. She could live in the Pikachu RV, lol.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
They did show a bunch of Pikachu playing around in a certain area. This would be a good opportunity for Yellow to return. She could live in the Pikachu RV, lol.

Honestly, why not? Red and Green/Blue/Whatever already appeared in ORAS.

e9310103838

I'm just embarrassed for B2W2 (or USUM), since SM and USUM protagonists seem to be the same characters, that B2W2 had their own characters, but USUM did not.

And USUM are unlikely to be integrated into a chapter with SM since USUM have their own titles.

I do not know how they will deal the situation with three chapters synchronized serial. USUM chapter will be delaye? (like Platinum, HGSS, and B2W2) Or change B2W2 for occasional serialization or remove it.? Anyway, I just hope they will not be staged again the volume 53 event... oh. And hope USUM are not a parallel world with SM in the game as some people guess, please...

And with the GS VC published, we have more reason to believe that there will be another huge Pokedex holders assembly. :643:

Last edited:

Moni_22

I'm just embarrassed for B2W2 (or USUM), since SM and USUM protagonists seem to be the same characters, that B2W2 had their own characters, but USUM did not.

And USUM are unlikely to be integrated into a chapter with SM since USUM have their own titles.

I do not know how they will deal the situation with three chapters synchronized serial. USUM chapter will be delaye? (like Platinum, HGSS, and B2W2) Or change B2W2 for occasional serialization or remove it.? Anyway, I just hope they will not be staged again the volume 53 event... oh. And hope USUM are not a parallel world with SM in the game as some people guess, please...

And with the GS VC published, we have more reason to believe that there will be another huge Pokedex holders assembly. :643:

USUM will be a retelling of the SM story. So I don't think it will be a separate arc with SM running at the same time. Most likely it will be like Crystal and also Ruby and Sapphire. They are going to implement the new things within the same arc and maybe change the name accordingly. But I believe it's all going to be the same story in the manga, not two different arcs

iml908

They really don't make it easy on the manga writers, do they? Really, I think it'll come down to how different the games are from each other. The players they showed in the trailer could easily pass for Sun and Moon, but they also look slightly different. Here are the most likely scenarios:

1. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be adapted separately, a la Black 2 and White 2 with new protagonists.
2. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will just be merged with the Sun and Moon arc, making them the first main series game without a corresponding arc. Sun and Moon just get a clothes change.

Since the new games are said to be alternate takes on the originals, maybe this chapter will take place in another timeline? After all, the games have been incorporating a multiverse of sorts with Anabel. It's a stretch, but who knows what will happen.

Nebbygetinthebag

It would be interesting if
At the end of the Sun and Moon chapter Sun got pushed in a worm hole by someone which Sun end up in alternative timeline, he needs to go back to his timeline that sounds interesting or it could be like Emerald and Platinum where Sun and Moon has a new redesign.

Last edited:

Moni_22

They really don't make it easy on the manga writers, do they?

I mean, I'm pretty sure Kusaka knew about this, so he must have already adapted and see how he's going to combine SM and USUM. Maybe that's one of the reasons he's not following SM's story exactly like the game.

Edit: By the way, sorry for asking here, but wasn't the first volume of SM supposed to come out this month? Has the cover been shown?

Last edited:

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
I mean, I'm pretty sure Kusaka knew about this, so he must have already adapted and see how he's going to combine SM and USUM. Maybe that's one of the reasons he's not following SM's story exactly like the game.

Edit: By the way, sorry for asking here, but wasn't the first volume of SM supposed to come out this month? Has the cover been shown?

They'll most likely reveal the cover for SM volume 1 once the site updates this month.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Oh boy, i really hope Kusaka knew about it beforehand but the way HGSS and B2W2 turned out makes me think he either doesn't get previous heads up from the Pokemon Company or he just doesn't plan accordingly.

The best he can do is to have the Sun and Moon chapter to feature elements from the Ultra games. I like the idea of the new protagonists from these games being alternate dimension counterparts of Sun and Moon that somehow appear in the current Sun and Moon dimension.
This way all four of them can share the spotlight as Dex Holders in the same chapter.

That option would also serve as a way of having a different Cosmog that eventually evolves in either Lunala or Solgaleo.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh boy, i really hope Kusaka knew about it beforehand but the way HGSS and B2W2 turned out makes me think he either doesn't get previous heads up from the Pokemon Company or he just doesn't plan accordingly.

The best he can do is to have the Sun and Moon chapter to feature elements from the Ultra games. I like the idea of the new protagonists from these games being alternate dimension counterparts of Sun and Moon that somehow appear in the current Sun and Moon dimension.
This way all four of them can share the spotlight as Dex Holders in the same chapter.

That option would also serve as a way of having a different Cosmog that eventually evolves in either Lunala or Solgaleo.

Pokespe can barely support two protagonists at this point.

Adding two more, especially when we've barely fleshed out our current protagonists would be suicide for this arc. Game Freak doesn't even bother making different faces for the protags (seriously, I think the SMUSUM protags just use the XY protags' faces). A clothes change should suffice.

And there's no real need for a second Cosmog. The book you read in Malie Library heavily implies that Nebby (or a previous Cosmog) was created by the Solgaleo/Lunala that appeared years ago. So the old one could just reappear, I guess.

Kein

AKA Silktree
Kusaka doesn't bother with alternate universes, which is probably a good thing.

I expect Sun and Moon to get new clothes, with a manga-exclusive called Ultra added to the mix.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Kusaka doesn't bother with alternate universes, which is probably a good thing.

I expect Sun and Moon to get new clothes, with a manga-exclusive called Ultra added to the mix.

I don't think there's anything a new protagonist can do that Sun and Moon can't already do. The clothes change should be enough.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Sun's debatable at this point, but I really think the girl could easily pass for a whole new protagonist, so it's likely Kusaka could decompose them into an Ulsun and Ulmoon. Or better yet, he could expand on the concept of Fallers and make Ulsun and Ulmoon Fallers that ended up in the main Adventures canon and call themselves Ulsun and Ulmoon as aliases so there's no confusion in the event they do meet the main canon's Sun and Moon.

Ryousha

From Yamamoto on the Coro Coro Pokespe site:

“On June 23rd, the first volume of PokeSP Sun Moon has finally released! Read it till the end. "Just what happened to Sun?!”

For those who can’t wait. CoroCoro Ichiban is on sale! It continues off in the August issue, so please do buy it and read it! For those worried about the release announcement of Pokemon "Ultra Sun Moon" in November and saying "What will happen to PokeSP?!“ Please enjoy Sun Moon arc first. “

USM might be its own arc? :eek:?

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
From Yamamoto on the Coro Coro Pokespe site:

“On June 23rd, the first volume of PokeSP Sun Moon has finally released! Read it till the end. "Just what happened to Sun?!”

For those who can’t wait. CoroCoro Ichiban is on sale! It continues off in the August issue, so please do buy it and read it! For those worried about the release announcement of Pokemon "Ultra Sun Moon" in November and saying "What will happen to PokeSP?!“ Please enjoy Sun Moon arc first. “

USM might be its own arc? :eek:?

I feel like USM will just later be integrated into SM later on. Kusaka and Yamamoto have got to learn from their mistake with BW2 already and planned accordingly.